Prometheus - Early REVIEWS

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
6804 pageviews
114 comments

bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,832 | Props total: 17940 17940
Prometheus - Early REVIEWS

The first few reviews for Ridley Scott's highly anticipated return to the science fiction genre are in, so what do critics make of the Alien prequel movie? Find out what The Hollywood Reporter, Screen Daily and Variety had to say here.

The first three reviews for Prometheus are positive, although perhaps not to the extent we were all expecting. While it definitely sounds as if director Ridley Scott has crafted a breathtaking 3D epic, there have been some minor complaints about the story. However, as you can see by clicking on the links below (be careful as each of the full versions contain a fair few spoilers) this doesn't seem to be a major problem for most these critics. More reviews are expected tonight from UK outlets, but sound off with your thoughts on these in the usual place.

Ridley Scott's third venture into science-fiction, after Alien in 1979 and Blade Runner in 1982, won't become a genre benchmark like those classics despite its equivalent seriousness and ambition, but it does supply enough visual spectacle, tense action and sticky, slithery monster attacks to hit the spot with thrill-seeking audiences worldwide. Technically, Prometheus is magnificent. Shot in 3D but without the director taking the process into account in his conceptions or execution, the film absorbs and uses the process seamlessly. A visually stunning return to science-fiction by Ridley Scott caters too much to audience expectations when more imaginative boldness would have taken it further."

[pic - click to view]

The Latest Entertainment & Hollywood News - The Hollywood Reporter

114 comments for "Prometheus - Early REVIEWS"

6 years ago '04        #2
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,889 | Props total: 2946 2946

[pic - click to view]

05-30-2012, 08:53 AM         #3
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah... The early word so far isn't great... :(

Still checking it out and hoping for the best... But like I said before the hype, I wasn't 100% buying in because of Ridely's subpar recent history.
 6 years ago '05        #4
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,164 | Props total: 957 957
They were all positive, just not as good as people would think, I still think its gonna be pretty epic, I'm not as critical as most people, as long as its entertaining with a good plot and gfx im good.
 05-30-2012, 09:30 AM         #5
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DymeKatcha said:
They were all positive, just not as good as people would think, I still think its gonna be pretty epic, I'm not as critical as most people, as long as its entertaining with a good plot and gfx im good.
Been reading reviews by a few who have seen it over at the superherohype boards...

Plot, or lack there of, seems to be the problem.

What a suprise with that as*hole Lindelof at the helm.
 05-30-2012, 09:50 AM         #6
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DymeKatcha said:
simple minded clown
 6 years ago '04        #7
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,889 | Props total: 2946 2946
 DymeKatcha said:
im all for an entertaining summer flick, but this was shaping up to look epic
 6 years ago '05        #8
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15783 15783
Still positive thats all that matters, no movie is perfect and I wasn't expecting this one to be.
 6 years ago '08        #9
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23333 23333
I don't know how damon lindelof keeps getting work. in every one of the movies he's written there's been problems with the story. from Lost to Cowboys and Aliens to apparently this.
 6 years ago '05        #10
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4131 4131
I literally sat with my jaw-dropped the entire time watching Prometheus. As mentioned in the video, it's an intelligent, intriguing science fiction space spectacle the likes of which we honestly haven't seen in a while. The 3D is incredible, the performances all-around are excellent, especially Michael Fassbender playing the android David. Everyone in it gives it their all and what we discovered was a breathtakingly beautiful, totally mesmerizing, thrilling, intense film from the master of sci-fi. It may leave you with more questions than answers at the end, but that's what co-writer Damon Lindelof is known for, and that's not a bad thing - it just goes to show how smart this movie is, and how much there is to discuss after watching it. I loved it.

#PROMETHEUS is the type of big budget sci-fi that studios rarely make. Extremely well done. Don't read reviews. Just go see it.

I've been given the go ahead. I can tell you I've seen Prometheus and I can confirm that it is awesome.

I've been given permission to say that I've seen Prometheus and I actually liked it quite a bit. Even seeing it again tomorrow!

Just seen Prometheus. Science fiction tries to do God - and rather well, I thought.

PROMETHEUS is, um, absolutely nuts. Not perfect by a stretch but there are ideas here you wouldn't expect a studio to touch with a 10ft pole

6 years ago '07        #11
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,789 | Props total: 14597 14597
 DaOmega_1 said:

I'm there.
 6 years ago '07        #12
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
Movie looks wack. Looks like nerds are the only ones trying to catch this one
 6 years ago '05        #13
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4131 4131
The thing about Prometheus is that it is the first true Science Fiction movie from a major studio in years. i know that a lot of movies are positioned as sci-fi. But watching Prometheus, I felt like science and fiction were pushing me, as an audience member, to think about the ideas being presented in a fairly complex way...

And by the way… any talk of this being PG-13 was just publicity working overtime. There is no f-ing way this movie was ever going out as anything less than an R...

Not only is Prometheus the best film of the summer so far, but I don’t anticipate anything but The Dark Knight Rises being able to challenge it for quality before the end of this summer. I’m really looking forward to the sheer joys of Brave and The Amazing Spider-Man and Ted, and others. But amongst movies that work for thrill-seekers and people who want to think and audiences that just want to be entertained, Prometheus hits to all fields. If you love movies, Prometheus has to be a part of your vocabulary this summer and for years to come.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 05-30-2012 at 01:09 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #14
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,789 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Grave said:
 6 years ago '08        #15
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23333 23333
thank you based other reviews Anyway, my expectations aren't as high(masterpiece/as good as Alien/etc) as some of the earlier reviews seemed to have had so I should be good to go. Haven't seen a trailer since the 2nd one either so I'm going in pretty much blind if the one review saying that the spoiler-y third trailer didn't spoil everything is anything to go by.

can't wait
 6 years ago '05        #16
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,451 | Props total: 7096 7096
89 on RT so far
 6 years ago '05        #17
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,451 | Props total: 7096 7096
"Not as frightening as Alien, not as thrilling as Aliens, but a 3D sci-fi blockbuster that's easily the saga's most spectacular entry."

"The best film of the summer so far."

"It does supply enough visual spectacle, tense action and sticky, slithery monster attacks to hit the spot with thrill-seeking audiences worldwide."

"Not only does Prometheus herald the rebirth of Alien, it breaths life back into intelligent sci-fi."

"Prometheus is a great ride - best taken without too much foreknowledge, by the way."

"It's something to gorge on hungrily all the same: majestic to look at in every way, and wild enough that many of the opening-night crowd -- this viewer included -- will be right back for seconds."

"Should thrill, challenge and provoke audiences ready for [Scott's] signature brand of intelligent and visceral film-making."

Sounds dope as fu*k
 6 years ago '08        #18
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,969 | Props total: 5535 5535
I just can't see this being bad

Might not be amazing but I from what we've already seen it has to at least be good.
 6 years ago '05        #19
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,164 | Props total: 957 957
 DaOmega_1 said:

and I was right?
 6 years ago '07        #20
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,003 | Props total: 1380 1380
 Grave said:
Get your dumb fu*kin a.ss outta here idiot.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now