May 29 - Missing Link Between Ape And Human Found... (47 million Year Old Fossil)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-30-2012, 02:27 AM         #81
*Missy* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HtownMike98 said:
People.... dont believe anything you hear about carbon dating, how old fossils are, when dinosaurs existed.... etc... the fact of the matter is these n*ggas have no idea..... You see so many new things now, and the old sh*t aint even true. Our knowledge of the past is ever evolving. We will never know the truth. The fact that they DONT have the "missing link" says a lot.

THERE IS NO REAL PROOF OF ANY OF THIS.

There was an article a few years ago, where someone took a churches chicken bone, removed all meat .. skin.. etc..... let it sit for a week to "age" it..... took it to a researcher and t he researcher after "carbon dating" the "professional at whatever these cooks study" said its a fossil from thousands of years.....PLEASE. Stop pushing your athiest/ agnostic views on me and my family. Dont push religion on me, weather its in the form of christianity or this bull sh*t carbon dating.

6 years ago '07        #82
C4daTimeBomb 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,484 | Props total: 339 339
The one thing I find funny about the so called theory of evolution is that in my opinion, most people who believe in it overlook a crucial factor. Human beings are not perfect, Human bodies are weak, Human must eat and drink, etc. My point being, why did we stop evolving when the human body and mind clearly has countless limitations? sh*t, wings would have been nice. People have lived in deserts since the beginning of time, yet they require just as much water to survive as anyone else. Do people in Alaska grow fur? Why haven't females v*ginas evolved after billions of births to not cause them pain?

The other issue that is overlooked is knowledge. If an ape did develop an intelligent brain through evolution, something still had to teach it how to survive. Tell me how these newly evolved humans learned what it would take to survive in the wilderness without being taught? And if you think a caveman one day decided to rub 2 sticks together and made fire your an idiot. How could they know how to plant and harvest, and what foods not to eat? How could a newly evolved human know anything delivering or caring for a baby? Speaking of babies, are they not evolved fetuses? Yet how long would they survive if they were not taught or cared for. The only way the human race survived was through the gift of divine knowledge and creation.

I know it scares you to believe that God exists, but he does. I think alot of people don't want to believe in God because they want to live a life where they are not held accountable for they're actions. They are more comfortable with a world where God does not exist so they can do what they want. And if that rat-like skeleton makes you believe there's no God I feel sorry for you.
 05-30-2012, 06:17 AM         #83
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrownmanJ said:
There is nothing else in this world that was given a mouth to speak words beside humans. God is real...
You know other animals speak to each other right? Whales and Dolphins do it all the time. Can we speak to other animals? No. So what makes you think they can speak to us? Cats only meow around humans, it's to let us know they want/need something. Just like if we were to speak to a dog or a cat, to let it know we want/need something from them. But we're not speaking to each other in each others language. But nearly all animals can speak. Their words just aren't our words.

As far as creation versus evolution, we all know evolution exists but to what scale we don't really know. Just as in creation we don't really know.

To claim one or the other is obviously right, is just stupid. You have no way to know. We can feel certain ways (creation) but that could all be psychological phenomenon. We can think all we want, but we'll never be aware enough to figure out how we evolved from a single cell (evolution.)

None of y'all know, to think you know is to admit you don't know.

Just for fun, has anyone read the short story, "The Egg" by Andy Weir?

Check it out:

The Egg

By: Andy Weir

You were on your way home when you died.

It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.

And that’s when you met me.

“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”

“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.

“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”

“Yup,” I said.

“I… I died?”

“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.

You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”

“More or less,” I said.

“Are you god?” You asked.

“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”

“My kids… my wife,” you said.

“What about them?”

“Will they be all right?”

“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”

You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.

“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”

“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”

“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”

“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”

“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”

You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”

“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”

“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”

“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”

I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.

“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”

“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”

“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”

“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”

“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”

“Where you come from?” You said.

“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”

“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”

“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”

“So what’s the point of it all?”

“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”

“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.

I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”

“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”

“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”

“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”

You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”

“All you. Different incarnations of you.”

“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.

“I’m every human being who ever lived?”

“Or who will ever live, yes.”

“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”

“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.

“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.

“And you’re the millions he k!lled.”

“I’m Jesus?”

“And you’re everyone who followed him.”

You fell silent.

“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”

You thought for a long time.

“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”

“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”

“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”

“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”

“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”

“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”

And I sent you on your way.
 6 years ago '04        #84
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 C4daTimebomb said:
The one thing I find funny about the so called theory of evolution is that in my opinion, most people who believe in it overlook a crucial factor. Human beings are not perfect, Human bodies are weak, Human must eat and drink, etc. My point being, why did we stop evolving when the human body and mind clearly has countless limitations? sh*t, wings would have been nice. People have lived in deserts since the beginning of time, yet they require just as much water to survive as anyone else. Do people in Alaska grow fur? Why haven't females v*ginas evolved after billions of births to not cause them pain?

The other issue that is overlooked is knowledge. If an ape did develop an intelligent brain through evolution, something still had to teach it how to survive. Tell me how these newly evolved humans learned what it would take to survive in the wilderness without being taught? And if you think a caveman one day decided to rub 2 sticks together and made fire your an idiot. How could they know how to plant and harvest, and what foods not to eat? How could a newly evolved human know anything delivering or caring for a baby? Speaking of babies, are they not evolved fetuses? Yet how long would they survive if they were not taught or cared for. The only way the human race survived was through the gift of divine knowledge and creation.

I know it scares you to believe that God exists, but he does. I think alot of people don't want to believe in God because they want to live a life where they are not held accountable for they're actions. They are more comfortable with a world where God does not exist so they can do what they want. And if that rat-like skeleton makes you believe there's no God I feel sorry for you.
We haven't stopped evolving, but this isn't fu*king X-Men, you don't just spontaneously grow wings because it would be cool to have them, and natural selection doesn't produce perfection. I really don't have the time to completely educate you on evolution, but you really should attempt to understand how it works before you dismiss it.

As far as gaining knowledge, it worked basically the same was as it does now, we observe, we problem solve, we experiment, and we occasionally figure something out. It's not magic, and we're not the only animal with the ability to problem solve, and just like other animals we had inborn instincts to start from. No one had to come down and show us how to build computers, and no one had to come down and show us how to make fire.

Also, unless they're sociopaths, atheists hold themselves accountable to a moral system just like believers do, they just don't need to imagine some all-powerful being standing over them waiting to crush them if they do wrong. Should I question your moral compass since what you say seems to suggest that you need a threat to do right?

Last edited by HHS; 05-30-2012 at 06:57 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #85
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,829 | Props total: 4803 4803
 MistaKlean said:
what's funny is scientifically time does not actually exist, time is created by man. in the middle of space there is no time - time does not exist. so people that think time is real, it's not.
time is very real.humans dont/cant live in space so that does not apply.all man did was put numbers to tha earths rotation.numbers or not,earth still rotates,and everything still ages
 6 years ago '07        #86
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,829 | Props total: 4803 4803
 Yung Dilla said:

[pic - click to view]

Feast your eyes on what a group of scientists call the Holy Grail of human evolution.

A team of researchers Tuesday unveiled an almost perfectly intact fossil of a 47 million-year-old primate they say represents the long-sought missing link between humans and apes.

Officially known as Darwinius masillae, the fossil of the lemur-like creature dubbed Ida shows it had opposable thumbs like humans and fingernails instead of claws.

Scientists say the cat-sized animal's hind legs offer evidence of evolutionary changes that led to primates standing upright - a breakthrough that could finally confirm Charles Darwin's theory of evolution.

"This specimen is like finding the Lost Ark for archeologists," lead scientist Jorn Hurum said at a ceremony at the American Museum of Natural History.

"It is the scientific equivalent of the Holy Grail. This fossil will probably be the one that will be pictured in all textbooks for the next 100 years."

A team of amateur fossil hunters discovered the near-perfect remains inside a mile-wide crater outside of Frankfurt in 1983.

Experts believe the pit was a volcanic caldera where scores of animals from the Eocene epoch were k!lled and their remains were kept remarkably well-preserved.

Though the pit has been a bountiful source of other fossils, the inexperienced archeologists didn't realize the value of their find.

Years later, the University of Oslo bought the 95%-intact fossil, and Hurum studied it in secret for two years.

His colleague, Jens Franzen, hailed the discovery as "the eighth wonder of the world."

"We're not dealing with our grand, grand, grandmother, but perhaps with our grand, grand, grand aunt," Franzen said.

The unveiling of the fossil came as part of a carefully-orchestrated publicity campaign unusual for scientific discoveries.

A History Channel film on the discovery will air next week.

i didnt read thru this thread but isnt that "lucy"?
 05-30-2012, 09:00 AM         #87
easybreezy88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Got Cheeve? said:
You know other animals speak to each other right? Whales and Dolphins do it all the time. Can we speak to other animals? No. So what makes you think they can speak to us? Cats only meow around humans, it's to let us know they want/need something. Just like if we were to speak to a dog or a cat, to let it know we want/need something from them. But we're not speaking to each other in each others language. But nearly all animals can speak. Their words just aren't our words.

As far as creation versus evolution, we all know evolution exists but to what scale we don't really know. Just as in creation we don't really know.

To claim one or the other is obviously right, is just stupid. You have no way to know. We can feel certain ways (creation) but that could all be psychological phenomenon. We can think all we want, but we'll never be aware enough to figure out how we evolved from a single cell (evolution.)

None of y'all know, to think you know is to admit you don't know.

Just for fun, has anyone read the short story, "The Egg" by Andy Weir?

Check it out:

6 years ago '05        #88
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,521 | Props total: 1684 1684
you know... a strange mind set that most of humanity seems to have is that "earth came first, before that there was nothing!"

It's crazy!
 6 years ago '11        #89
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 C4daTimebomb said:

It's called death and observation.

"That n*gga died by eating that strange berry, I think it would be a good idea not to eat that"

"Hmm, Jeff over here got eaten by a lion. I believe it would be best not to frequent this area."

"Ouch I hurt my hand on the hot stove. I guess it would make sense not to put my hand on it again"

Cmon son. Do you really need divine knowledge to learn how to survive? And some of the greatest things on earth were discovered by mistake or chance. I guess the person who created chocolate chip cookies had divine knowledge in hand while baking.

How could we not know how to give child birth? Really?

I guess all animals had divine knowledge in hand when reproducing. One of the reasons for such low populations in the beginning were due to mistakes. People made mistakes and many people died. But you know what? We observed, took note and tried not to make those mistakes again. And now we are approaching 7 billion people.

So you must think we just came into the earth and knew how to do everything? We just automatically knew which foods to eat and not to eat? We automatically started off knowing how to plant foods?

I'm dying over here

Last edited by Backflipz; 05-30-2012 at 09:33 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #90
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,945 | Props total: 11688 11688
I've only read a few posts in this thread but I can tell already that it's PACKED with unintentional comedy and failure from Blind Bible Bouting Fundies will have to come back
 6 years ago '05        #91
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,721 | Props total: 2161 2161
...I believe we a mix of alien and whatever was already on earth..

..makes the most sense.. Explains a lot of mysteries..

And all that bible sh*t.. Could be a interpreted as such..

..everything else leaves too many questions..

Aliens needed our resources they created humans (a semi-super intelligent life form) on some slave labor sh*t..stripped our planet of precious resources like gold n sh*t.. Then bounced and left us with the little a.ss bit we got left.. (edit: as well as leaving a species thats like no other thing on this planet.. So yes we were created, by alien n*ggas playing "god".. Just like humans now a days play god with science and create sh*t.. We too advanced to have evolved this damn good)

....they still be checking on us tho.. Keepin tabs on they science project you could say..

Last edited by Gm0ney85; 05-30-2012 at 09:49 AM..
 05-30-2012, 09:48 AM         #92
master_mind_jg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
area 51 exists and so do aliens.....
 05-30-2012, 09:53 AM         #93
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 master_mind_jg said:
area 51 exists and so do aliens.....
1) Everyone already knows Area 51 exists, nobody has ever said it hasn't. Even the government.

2) Due to probability I'm pretty sure 80% of people believe aliens exist. But that's counting alien bacteria which is nearly 99% sure to exist in the universe. It's the whole humanoid alien thing people are 50-50 or worse on.

These percentages are speculation and not fact of course, but anyone with a grasp of all these subjects know they're realistically close to the actual percentages.
 6 years ago '04        #94
memphis10 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,588 | Props total: 2976 2976
 Gm0ney85 said:
...I believe we a mix of alien and whatever was already on earth..

..makes the most sense.. Explains a lot of mysteries..

And all that bible sh*t.. Could be a interpreted as such..

..everything else leaves too many questions..

Aliens needed our resources they created humans (a semi-super intelligent life form) on some slave labor sh*t..stripped our planet of precious resources like gold n sh*t.. Then bounced and left us with the little a.ss bit we got left.. (edit: as well as leaving a species thats like no other thing on this planet.. So yes we were created, by alien n*ggas playing "god".. Just like humans now a days play god with science and create sh*t.. We too advanced to have evolved this damn good)

....they still be checking on us tho.. Keepin tabs on they science project you could say..
good point... kind of like the "watchers" in the marvel universe.. observe from afar on human actiivities
 05-30-2012, 10:11 AM         #95
FLA_ALL_DAY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 easybreezy88 said:
Even if Darwin is correct it still does not explain life. Something had to create the germs and organisms that create life. Something had to create the planets . How old is time? What happened first .... that's what I want to know.

It is cool that they found that fossil though because it shows evolution is not a myth.
what if there was no start and finish
ever thought about that?
my beliefs are the universe has always been here and will always be.....everything doesnt have to have an explenation b....
 05-30-2012, 10:13 AM         #96
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 torious said:
I've only read a few posts in this thread but I can tell already that it's PACKED with unintentional comedy and failure from Blind Bible Bouting Fundies will have to come back
Im not religious but I find it funny how retarded the "non-bible bouting fundies" sound when attempting to sh*t on the "bible bouting fundies".

Religious Person - "I believe in god."
Non-Religious Person - "Huh Huh... Like dude, you're stupid for believing in god."

05-30-2012, 10:23 AM         #97
bongt0ker420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 easybreezy88 said:
Even if Darwin is correct it still does not explain life. Something had to create the germs and organisms that create life. Something had to create the planets . How old is time? What happened first .... that's what I want to know.

It is cool that they found that fossil though because it shows evolution is not a myth.
primordial soup
 05-30-2012, 10:25 AM         #98
ThaLockerRoom 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
more bullshyt for athiests to jerk off too
 6 years ago '04        #99
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,945 | Props total: 11688 11688
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Im not religious but I find it funny how retarded the "non-bible bouting fundies" sound when attempting to sh*t on the "bible bouting fundies".

Religious Person - "I believe in god."
Non-Religious Person - "Huh Huh... Like dude, you're stupid for believing in god."

i believe in God I'm talking about a specific few people in this thread. there's some logical real sh*t in here like one post i read by got cheeve and then there's soem fu*kery like the one frank hamptom quoted above my previous and a few others. Christians on the whole are okay by me. I pride myself on being tolerant of all other religions, it's just the blind, ignorant, holier than thou condescending intolerant dirtbags who don't believe in proven science that give the rest of them a bad name and are laughable to me.

Last edited by torious; 05-30-2012 at 10:30 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #100
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 torious said:
yea and also failures from ppl who dont believe in God who turn THEORIES into FACTS when scientists themselves dont even consider them as facts.. oh man, funny sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
109 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
92 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy