The Eminem Show 10 Year Anniversary Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
45 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #101
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 28 Gramz said:
People like alot of albums from the early 2000's, doesn't make them classics. I really think it makes Em fans sick that he doesn't have a Ready To Die,RD,Illmatic,Me Against The World all time classic under his belt so they boost up his albums like they're legendary and classic so Em can be grouped in with the Pac,Nas,Jay's of the world when in reality..his discography doesn't measure up because half of it is filled with childish/shock topics and joke raps. Eminem Show is a good album nothing more nothing less, I'm not sh*ttin on dude but yall really hype him up, especially album wise.
n*gga I'm only gone say this once and quote this post from now on

You can't tell nobody whats classic or not period people think Cameron Lupe and alot of rappers got classics that I disagree with reasonable doubt had no impact on hiphop and that's one of the most important things when it comes to a classic if somebody can listen to a album after 10 years all the way thru then its a classic to that person Im not one of them people that get told what's good and bad and go with it I decide for myself

That's the problem you and the couple other people who don't like the album think your opinion matters when there's millions of other people that disagree you one person in a world with billions stop thinking you control what's a classic and what's not

Last edited by Kingpin 313; 05-29-2012 at 12:31 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #102
acAWN 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,644 | Props total: 179 179
MMLP > TES ... i didn't like the theme of the album too much.
 6 years ago '06        #103
Doe Sun 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$796 | Props total: 354 354
Til I collapse was great.....with the way he enunciate each word mid verse.....incredible
 6 years ago '10        #104
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
dope album
 6 years ago '07        #105
ManSlut 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,414 | Props total: 586 586
I didn't what toread the whole thread cause i'm drunk. got 3 pages or for i cant remember....anyways

Can't believe i didn't see My Dads gone crazy mentioned once. I also can't believe people are saying this is not a classic. my List of his albums are as follows

1: MMLP
2: TES
3: SSLP
All three above...CLASSIC f$%^ what you heard.

4:Recovery

5: Encore and Relapse are tied for "WHAT THE F&*^ WHERE YOU THINKIN. Dude was gone off drugs and didn't have his head on straight.

Now if your a true fan and a head you can understand what was going on on Encore.(he was tired of getting acclaim for anything he did when sometimes he flat out didn't deserve it.

I heard somewhere(I cant remember if it was straight from em's mouth or through a buddy) em said if he got a Grammy for encore he would quit rappin. He put that piece of s^&% out for a reason.but still a bad move

I would go into relapse but that is not mine or any of your time.

Last edited by ManSlut; 05-29-2012 at 03:51 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #106
ManSlut 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,414 | Props total: 586 586
 CakedUP23 said:
I have got to say I prefer Marshall Mathers LP over The Eminem Show.

MMLP was raw as fkkk, Nobody can deny that.

"Kill You", "Stan", "The Way I Am", "The Real Slim Shady", "I'm Back", "Under The Influence", "Kim", & "Criminal" were all some of his best tracks in my opinion.

I really like The Eminem Show, I'd say it's his 2nd best album. I do however feel that TES was his peak album, like many others do. "White America", "Cleanin Out My Closet", "Square Dance", "Say Goodbye To Hollywood", "Sing For The Moment", "Superman", "Til I Collapse", & "Hailie's Song" were my favs.

The Slim Shady LP is 3rd for me. Love the album though. Hate the fact that I have to put it at a number like #3.

Relapse > Encore & Recovery for me.

I'm not a big fan of Recovery.

That is all. - CakedUP23
i read your post after i made mine and you are a cool guy...Relapse though????

The word play on recovery is ridiculous! Hot lines just keep coming.. one after anther song after song.
 6 years ago '05        #107
chi town hustla 194 heat pts194
space
space
$18,119 | Props total: 19791 19791
 Kingpin 313 said:

You can't tell nobody whats classic or not period people think Cameron Lupe and alot of rappers got classics that I disagree with reasonable doubt had no impact on hiphop and that's one of the most important things when it comes to a classic if somebody can listen to a album after 10 years all the way thru then its a classic to that person Im not one of them people that get told what's good and bad and go with it I decide for myself

That's the problem you and the couple other people who don't like the album think your opinion matters when there's millions of other people that disagree you one person in a world with billions stop thinking you control what's a classic and what's not

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #108
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,558 | Props total: 9462 9462
 Kingpin 313 said:

reasonable doubt had no impact when it dropped, but to say it had no impact on hip hop is retarded, it's tons of rappers favorite album. The impact RD has had on rap as a whole now is pretty much immeasurable...

not to mention going all passive, into "oh everyone is entitled to their opinion" bullsh*t is completely ironic coming from you since you sh*t on someone opinion literally every other post.

Their is a pretty decent sized list of classic albums that are pretty much set in stone, by knowledgeable fans and the people involved in the hip hop/rap scene.

Last edited by whothebestmc; 05-29-2012 at 05:14 AM..
 6 years ago '12        #109
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
 Kingpin 313 said:
10 years later and telling from this thread there's alot of people who still like the album its a classic
There mostly white though
 6 years ago '12        #110
space
space
 28 Gramz said:
People like alot of albums from the early 2000's, doesn't make them classics. I really think it makes Em fans sick that he doesn't have a Ready To Die,RD,Illmatic,Me Against The World all time classic under his belt so they boost up his albums like they're legendary and classic so Em can be grouped in with the Pac,Nas,Jay's of the world when in reality..his discography doesn't measure up because half of it is filled with childish/shock topics and joke raps. Eminem Show is a good album nothing more nothing less, I'm not sh*ttin on dude but yall really hype him up, especially album wise.
^^^^^^^^^^^
This this this
 6 years ago '05        #111
space
space
 The Infamous1 said:
There mostly white though

U MUTHAfu*kIN RIGHT!!
Im like damn i think em is cool but
 6 years ago '12        #112
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,984 | Props total: 1251 1251
 chi town hustla said:

[pic - click to view]

Hey genius no one even listened to Reasonable Doubt when it first dropped.

The Eminem haters are so frustrated in this thread
 6 years ago '12        #113
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,984 | Props total: 1251 1251
 whothebestmc said:
reasonable doubt had no impact when it dropped, but to say it had no impact on hip hop is retarded, it's tons of rappers favorite album. The impact RD has had on rap as a whole now is pretty much immeasurable...

not to mention going all passive, into "oh everyone is entitled to their opinion" bullsh*t is completely ironic coming from you since you sh*t on someone opinion literally every other post.

Their is a pretty decent sized list of classic albums that are pretty much set in stone, by knowledgeable fans and the people involved in the hip hop/rap scene.

Do you have any idea how many rappers have talked about Em being the best, their favorite, or how raw MMLP was?

6 years ago '05        #114
space
space
 DoMieD said:
Hey genius no one even listened to Reasonable Doubt when it first dropped.

The Eminem haters are so frustrated in this thread
I did and n*ggas n the chi did u fu*kin lame
I dont know where you are from
So who is no one please explain?
 6 years ago '05        #115
space
space
 DoMieD said:

Do you have any idea how many rappers have talked about Em being the best, their favorite, or how raw MMLP was?

Who are these rappers that said he is the best ill wait
 6 years ago '05        #116
space
space
i remeber hearing this sh*t all the time when it dropped (matter of fact how old are and where r u from to b having this discussion) then he dropped the movie streets is watching that was hood classic movie and had songs from rd

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by chi town hustla; 05-29-2012 at 07:41 AM..
 6 years ago '12        #117
space
space
 chi town hustla said:
i remeber hearing this sh*t all the time when it dropped (matter of fact how old are and where r u from to b having this discussion) then he dropped the movie streets is watching that was hood classic movie and had songs from rd

This

Dead presidents is one of the most covered songs in hip hop

And I'm still try a figure out how an album that went gold The year it dropped "no one listened to"

But that's beside the fact, RD bodies any eminem album.

And by significant margin

Last edited by The Infamous1; 05-29-2012 at 08:23 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #118
slimsebi24 
space
space
$846 | Props total: 0 0
Im not sure if i want to call TES his best work album-wise or even a classic but it was and is definitly a solid album to me.

at RD had no impact on hip hop
 6 years ago '11        #119
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 whothebestmc said:

Like I said there's millions of hiphop fans not everybody will agree on the samething yeah there are some albums like illmatic that most people will agree is a classic but there's still some people that think illmatic was boring

Everybody has a album or albums that they think is a classic you can't tell somebody there wrong for liking something and Eminem show has always been debatable i never heard nobody seriously call it wack so its not like I'm saying some a rick Ross or drake album is a classic
 6 years ago '05        #120
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Like I said there's millions of hiphop fans not everybody will agree on the samething yeah there are some albums like illmatic that most people will agree is a classic but there's still some people that think illmatic was boring

Everybody has a album or albums that they think is a classic you can't tell somebody there wrong for liking something and Eminem show has always been debatable i never heard nobody seriously call it wack so its not like I'm saying some a rick Ross or drake album is a classic
But you did
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
38 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
110 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
248 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy