Big K.R.I.T. - Live From The Underground [NPR streaming album now]

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #141
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
As a huge fan of KRIT, I know he can do better than this. I don't know if this project is a result of him releasing too many free classics, not being able to sample like he wants to or the label forcing him to try do make singles but this is a watered down version of the great albums that came before it. Lyrically he's on point, but my biggest complaint is the dull beats and simple hooks. This lacks the punch of a R4 and the raw emotion of Krit Wuz Here, it's not even cohesive like 4eva N A Day. There are no ridiculous moments like the first time I heard Hometown Hero,Time Machine,Temptation,Rotation,Children Of The World etc..it's just not clickin. It's not a bad album by any means but when you're coming off a 3 peat like KWH,R4,4evaNaDay...and then you hear this, you'd be lyin if you said you weren't a lil underwhelmed. 7/10
 05-28-2012, 12:07 PM         #142
aceboon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 28 Gramz said:
As a huge fan of KRIT, I know he can do better than this. I don't know if this project is a result of him releasing too many free classics, not being able to sample like he wants to or the label forcing him to try do make singles but this is a watered down version of the great albums that came before it. Lyrically he's on point, but my biggest complaint is the dull beats and simple hooks. This lacks the punch of a R4 and the raw emotion of Krit Wuz Here, it's not even cohesive like 4eva N A Day. There are no ridiculous moments like the first time I heard Hometown Hero,Time Machine,Temptation,Rotation,Children Of The World etc..it's just not clickin. It's not a bad album by any means but when you're coming off a 3 peat like KWH,R4,4evaNaDay...and then you hear this, you'd be lyin if you said you weren't a lil underwhelmed. 7/10
Cosign word for word.
 6 years ago '11        #143
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
 28 Gramz said:
I feel you but, this is pretty much what I expected from his major label debut
 05-28-2012, 12:17 PM         #144
lnend10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dope album
 05-28-2012, 12:36 PM         #145
PLATAOPLOMO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RAPGODFATHERS.COM has this NOW with 3 different DOWNLOAD LINK SITES
 6 years ago '06        #146
munie 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,525 | Props total: 198 198
I give it an 8/10 so far. It's alot of dope material on this project but about 3 tracks are decent at best imo. It is still a dope album and first day cop though.
 6 years ago '08        #147
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,768 | Props total: 12265 12265
Got to Hydroplaning and immediately called my lil homie up

Rolled up and was so caught up in the flow I forgot Devin was on the track....blew my mind yo.

Shout out to the people we lost on this Memorial Day RIH Ma
 6 years ago '10        #148
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,408 | Props total: 2275 2275
Man, that Reprise is such a beautiful way to end the album.... KRIT>>>> Can't wait for June 5th. I guess I'll buy it in stores but D'l the itunes copy to get the extra songs..
 6 years ago '11        #149
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
For everyone that's listening now, have ya bumped it in the whip? A KRIT album is done a cruel injustice unless you in a treated room or gotta great system in the whip. Cans never did a KRIT album justice
 6 years ago '08        #150
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
I like K.R.I.T. but his Southern sound isn't for me. I prefer to hear him featured on other songs, or other type of production which isn't his. Don't really like his beats.
 6 years ago '05        #151
drosmoka 
space
space
$1,729 | Props total: 1 1
more classic country rap tunes by the n*gga krit

didnt disappoint, pimp c would be proud of this sh*t
 6 years ago '09        #152
Arob 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,768 | Props total: 936 936
some of these hooks.....ehhh
 6 years ago '05        #153
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
Only listened to it once pretty much aside from a few songs. I can see why dudes aren't feeling some of the hooks and beats, but it's still a better collection of music than most rappers are going to give you these days. Also KRIT has never been super lyrical with his hooks. I'm not even going to rank it with his mixtapes yet because it's been out what 15 hours? People got their expectations up to high thinking KRIT was going to drop a top 10 of all time album. Even if he had to cater to his label somewhat, he still did a great job of making it have that KRIT sound.

Also @ dude saying Futures album was better
 6 years ago '06        #154
holdndownfla 
space
space
$497 | Props total: 5 5
I like it
 6 years ago '04        #155
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
 wjcorner said:
For everyone that's listening now, have ya bumped it in the whip? A KRIT album is done a cruel injustice unless you in a treated room or gotta great system in the whip. Cans never did a KRIT album justice
Yessir, it's a beast in the whip. Yeah Dats Me, Pull Up and What You Mean are nasty in the whip.
 6 years ago '11        #156
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 stl12188 said:
Only listened to it once pretty much aside from a few songs. I can see why dudes aren't feeling some of the hooks and beats, but it's still a better collection of music than most rappers are going to give you these days. Also KRIT has never been super lyrical with his hooks. I'm not even going to rank it with his mixtapes yet because it's been out what 15 hours? People got their expectations up to high thinking KRIT was going to drop a top 10 of all time album. Even if he had to cater to his label somewhat, he still did a great job of making it have that KRIT sound.

Also @ dude saying Futures album was better
 6 years ago '05        #157
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
This album is great I'd give it a 8 or 9.
 6 years ago '11        #158
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 28 Gramz said:
Pretty Much what I was saying it was a good album but his mixtapes was wayyyyy better
 6 years ago '10        #159
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,780 | Props total: 973 973
My Sub pt 2 is heat
 6 years ago '05        #160
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
 Kingpin 313 said:
Pretty Much what I was saying it was a good album but his mixtapes was wayyyyy better
except said you Krit Wuz Here was his worst of the four
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago