The 20 Best NBA Players of the 2000s

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
97 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 50 was ready to stab up Suge back in the day
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside First she'll break your ankles, then she'll your heart!!!
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-27-2012, 10:33 AM         #121
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KDE21K said:
Kobe wasn't better than Duncan in 05-06.......let's be real

Kobe had one of the best seasons in History with that season, 35.6 ppg??? lmao...that's probably more than what Shaq and Duncan avg. together lol

Kobe ran that second half of the 2000-2010, deal with it, was the most consistent, most popular, just overall better
 05-27-2012, 10:34 AM         #122
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'd agree with Kobe being #1. his stats show it ....and his rings show it. can't hate that.
 05-27-2012, 10:36 AM         #123
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ben Wallace?
 6 years ago '09        #124
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$38,184 | Props total: 23621 23621
the fu*k is AI doing being so high on this list above Bron, Wade, and Dirk

and Duncan should be number 1
 6 years ago '04        #125
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,988 | Props total: 3962 3962
 X_WunderKind_X said:
The hardest thing is realizing Duncan and Kobe's positions, and they're play styles and trying to compare them. the rings argument is really getting sour to me now, 5 to 4? true but the Spurs have had the highest winning percentage of ANY American sport in the past 15 yrs, If you wanna use rings why not put the C's big 4 above LBJ?

Doesn't make sense anymore does it?

Or are we just going off points scored after the seemingly equal accolades?

its 5-3

duncan only won 3 from 2000-2010

and

kobe beat duncans squad head to head a bunch of times

kobe had 5 rings and 7 finals appearances from 2000-2010

which means his squad won tim duncans conference in all those years

so kobe>>>>
 05-27-2012, 11:30 AM         #126
ifhwp222 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Solid list
 6 years ago '06        #127
pac_f 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,487 | Props total: 861 861
 thegoldenhero said:
the fu*k is AI doing being so high on this list above Bron, Wade, and Dirk

and Duncan should be number 1

Really? Why do you think wade wears the number 3? Why do you think he plays the way he does? Dirk was a choker in the decade. He was the Peyton Manning of the NBA. During the season he was.that dude but in the playoffs? The same thing for bron. A.I. Was bron before bron
 6 years ago '05        #128
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,984 | Props total: 3321 3321
tmac and AI
 6 years ago '08        #129
SKePTiC 
space
space
$362 | Props total: 4 4
I think the top 5 is pretty spot on.
 6 years ago '05        #130
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 207 207
Kobe sh*t on duncan in 01, 02, 04, and 08

stop it haters
 6 years ago '09        #131
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
 Bea5T said:
Kobe sh*t on duncan in 01, 02, 04, and 08

stop it haters
Kobe always played great against the Spurs but Duncan was a better overall player in all the years you listed except 08...Kobe always played well against the Spurs tho
 05-27-2012, 12:35 PM         #132
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:
Kobe always played great against the Spurs but Duncan was a better overall player in all the years you listed except 08...Kobe always played well against the Spurs tho
Duncan is not better than Kobe, Kobe meant more to the game than Duncan
 6 years ago '11        #133
MrAmazin 5 heat pts
space
space
$346 | Props total: 6 6
Why are ya'll acting like its clearcut either way?

Both Duncan and Kobe are a bit above Shaq, and way above the rest when it comes to last decade. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Kobe's lack of success in the 2 years post-Shaq hurt him, but he made up for that by being consistent the rest of the decade and winning again. Duncan had a better team than Kobe during the middle of the decade, but he also CARRIED the Spurs to a title in 03.

It's a wash basically.
 6 years ago '06        #134
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,410 | Props total: 2 2
Kobe's not even top 5 on that list without the #2 guy so how are they gonna make him #1??
 6 years ago '06        #135
xFMx ALCHEMiST 262 heat pts262
space
space
$11,135 | Props total: 1345 1345
1. Shaq
2. Duncan
3. Kobe
4. Tmac
5. AI
6. Lebron
 6 years ago '05        #136
KDE21K 
space
space
space
$629 | Props total: 342 342
 braided_uppimp said:

Kobe had one of the best seasons in History with that season, 35.6 ppg??? lmao...that's probably more than what Shaq and Duncan avg. together lol

Kobe ran that second half of the 2000-2010, deal with it, was the most consistent, most popular, just overall better
You're ignoring a lot of things, like play style and the fact that basketball requires doing more things than scoring points..so while it was impressive from a scoring standpoint(and considering he held the ball almost 40 percent for that season, it explains a lot).....funny thing is, Kobe didnt lead the league in PER that year....Dirk and Lebron did, Kobe for all his scoring came in 3rd
 6 years ago '12        #137
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,278 | Props total: 760 760
 KDE21K said:
You're ignoring a lot of things, like play style and the fact that basketball requires doing more things than scoring points..so while it was impressive from a scoring standpoint(and considering he held the ball almost 40 percent for that season, it explains a lot).....funny thing is, Kobe didnt lead the league in PER that year....Dirk and Lebron did, Kobe for all his scoring came in 3rd
i hate PER as a stat. it's one of the worst metrics and there are a lot of reasons for that. but since you like it so much i'll go with it. the PER's for dirk and lebron were the same at 28.06 and kobe at 27.97. secondly tim duncan has never led the league in PER, so I guess by your logic tim duncan was never the best player in the game at any point. and david robinson has a higher career PER than duncan so I guess he's the best spurs player of all time. and dirk has a higher career PER than larry bird and hakeem olajuwon. i guess dirk is better than both of those guys too

147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-29-2012 at 10:26 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #138
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
totally agree with the poster above i never like PER the stat that much
 6 years ago '05        #139
KDE21K 
space
space
space
$629 | Props total: 342 342
 EnlightenMe said:
i hate PER as a stat. it's one of the worst metrics and there are a lot of reasons for that. but since you like it so much i'll go with it. the PER's for dirk and lebron were the same at 28.07 and kobe at 27.97. secondly tim duncan has never led the league in PER, so I guess by your logic tim duncan was never the best player in the game at any point. and david robinson has a higher career PER than duncan so I guess he's the best spur player of all time. and dirk has a higher career PER than larry bird and hakeem olajuwon. i guess dirk is better than both of those guys too
The Admiral led the league 3 years straight in PER.....funny thing is also, Kobe has also NEVER lead the league in PER either....

Funny thing about PER is that it makes Shaq look even more dominant considering how many times he lead the league...

But I have to ask you and the rest of BX, what the issue you have with PER
 6 years ago '12        #140
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,278 | Props total: 760 760
 KDE21K said:
The Admiral led the league 3 years straight in PER.....funny thing is also, Kobe has also NEVER lead the league in PER either....

Funny thing about PER is that it makes Shaq look even more dominant considering how many times he lead the league...

But I have to ask you and the rest of BX, what the issue you have with PER
i wasn't glossing over the fact that kobe hasn't led the league in PER. i was just pointing out timmy's career in PER because it seemed like you were making a point for timmy by downplaying kobe's 05-06 season.

and what's my problem with PER? i mean if you look at my post and base your opinions on PER you will draw some strange conclusions like nowtizki is better than bird and olajuwon for example. jason kidd isn't considered an all star player by PER standards with the exception of 1 season in his entire career. jason kidd is a top 5 point guard of all time, possibly top 3. and don't you find it funny that the two greatest players of their era haven't led the league in this bullsh*t stat that's supposed to tell us who the best players are?

there are a lot of articles online about the flaws of PER, but i'll only bring up a few points. I'll keep it as short as i can while explaining myself properly.

PER is a biased metric. it only takes into account plays that end in an "event". an event being a steal, a fga, free throws etc. basically everything you could find on a box score. there are positive events (made shots, a.ssists, etc.) and negative events (turnovers, shots missed, etc) anyone who knows basketball there is way more to basketball than this especially on the defensive end of the floor (pressuring a ball handler, forcing an opposing player into a bad shot, etc). just an example, it will reward players who accumulate steals and blocks although they aren't good defenders. for example, iverson was a guy who was a great jumping on passing lanes and picking pockets but he wasn't a great defender by any stretch.

it's also slanted towards big men. big men inherently have higher fg% and accumulate rebounds cause they play closer to the basket and are taller. also guards are more turnover prone because they handle the ball more. that's why you see a bunch of big men leading PER overwhelmingly over perimeter players throughout the league. but no one is going to put 5 centers on the floor. you need centers and guards to win games. PER doesn't take into account your position. it basically takes raw numbers and plugs them into this formula without adjusting for position properly. a guard who shoots 50% from the field is generally more impressive than a center who does the same but PER doesn't do a good job of adjusting for that.

also it makes a.ssumptions that are off base. your efficiency is based on a per minute basis. why is that wrong? because it a.ssumes that players who have high PER's while playing limited minutes would play at the same level if they got starter minutes. no they wouldn't, they'd get tired, fatigue sets in, opposing players might key in on them more, etc. i really like to use the example from another sport in football to make this point, because i think it is simple to understand. micheal turner was averaging 6 yards an attempt during his first three years in san diego. but he was averaging a little over 50 attempts a season. you would be silly to a.ssume he would still average 6 yards if he got 250 attempts in a season. his ypc dropped dramatically when he was getting the bulk of the load in atlanta.

it also doesn't take into account your teammates. a player's production is influenced by his teammates. so this is one of many examples but i like using it: compare pippen's stats to when jordan was retired and when jordan wasn't retired to the bulls days. scottie pippen's highest PER occured when jordan was retired and by a healthy margin as well. pippen wasn't a better player while jordan was retired, but he got more touches and opportunities, and handle the ball more. your PER and player production is influenced by your teammates.

shaq is one of the most dominating forces in the history of basketball. if kobe wasn't playing with shaq during those years he could've put up even better numbers than he already did if he wasn't playing with shaq. the same could be said for shaq as well.

i could've gone on and went into more detail but that's the gist of it.

147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 29 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 06-09-2012 at 11:19 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
58 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Motion Capture King Andy Serkis Takes On Jungle Book In First Trailer For ‘Mow..
33 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jose Guapo out here down bad
61 comments
1 day ago