[Complex] 50 Cent Was A Original Member "The Firm" (Nas, Foxy Brown, AZ, Nature, Cormega)

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
155 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
7193 pageviews
31 comments

HolyFatherSteve 853 heat pts853
space
space
$8,414 | Props total: 11376 11376
[Complex] 50 Cent Was A Original Member "The Firm" (Nas, Foxy Brown, AZ, Nature, Cormega)

[video - click to view]

Nas: “I wanted to put together a song. AZ was my man and he told me about Foxy Brown. He drove me to Brooklyn to meet her at her house. I wanted to put the whole Firm thing together and she fit perfectly. We did that song and I just wanted to show that I had a crew that was ready to go in and make music.

“That was the first song that we ever recorded and from there, I just saw the future being albums, tours, clothing lines, Firm athletic wear, we had all those meetings and all of that sh-t. But the politics of this manager, that manager, this label, that label. It just got in the way of what I thought could have been really huge. At the same time, it was just cool to do it.”

Steve Stoute: “Nas was just so antisocial back then, he loved the idea he just didn’t like to work with anybody. Foxy was always coming around the studio. I had Tone from the Trackmasters sign Foxy. He found and discovered her. So she would always be around us so Nas met Foxy at the studio and she just was in love with him but it’s not like they fu-ked or anything. She always looked up to him, she was always in awe of him.”

Tone: “Well, one of the producers that we had under us [named Dave Atkinson], he’s one of those producers that likes to do records without samples but make them sound and feel like samples. The problem he was having was that it would always feel like there was a played instrument. So we had to do what we had to do to keep the feel of it being hip-hop still, because it felt like an orchestra.

“So we took it, started dirtying it up, and making it as grungy as possible. Once we got that element and we played it for Nas, that’s when he was like, 'Yo this sounds like a Firm record. This is The Firm’s kick off joint.' That set the tone and the sound for what The Firm was supposed to sound like.

“Nas always wanted to get his crew together, so he had been calling it The Firm for a minute. We had been trying different members out. We actually had 50 Cent in it for a little while. It just didn’t work out. We actually made a record too.”

Poke: “Yeah. The record was out! It came out on mixtapes and the whole cycle. It was crazy. It was 50, Nas, and Nature. In fact, Mary J. Blige was going to be a part of The Firm too at one time. It was just a conversation. She came in, we entertained it. She did a record with us and Nas that we put out with Mary singing on it and everything. Nore slipped in there, Mobb Deep. We kind of made it like, a real Queens thing. That’s why we tried to put 50, because 50 was from Queens, as well.”

Tone: “Not to mention that we were trying to get 50 out there. [Laughs.]”

Poke: “We were trying to promote him, he was on our label, at the same time.”

Tone: “It was like family. It was like Nas and AZ were the big brothers, Nature was the cousin, and Foxy was the little sister that gave everybody headaches. So it really was like a family.”

[pic - click to view]

The Making of Nas' "It Was Written" | Complex

[video - click to view]

Nas & 50 made some dope sh-t, it's a shame they split

31 comments for "[Complex] 50 Cent Was A Original Member "The Firm" (Nas, Foxy Brown, AZ, Nature, Cormega)"

6 years ago '04        #2
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,741 | Props total: 11516 11516
no mention of cormega

dope post tho!
 6 years ago '10        #3
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
j lo split up the firm
 6 years ago '10        #4
HolyFatherSteve 853 heat pts853 OP
space
space
 DelbertMengel said:
j lo split up the firm
that is kinda true when you think about it
 6 years ago '11        #5
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,306 | Props total: 20034 20034
50 used to be a fu*kin beast
 6 years ago '08        #6
Da_Crew2k9 135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$3,008 | Props total: 2434 2434
 DR JAYY said:
50 used to be a fu*kin beast
he had that crackhead hunger
 6 years ago '11        #7
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
That was the first song that we ever recorded and from there, I just saw the future being albums, tours, clothing lines, Firm athletic wear, we had all those meetings and all of that sh-t.
Smoked out and double teamed Foxy is what he meant to say
 6 years ago '08        #8
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17250 17250
Nastradamus predicted it 50's the future
 6 years ago '06        #9
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 4736 4736
 DelbertMengel said:
j lo split up the firm
Where the hell u get this conclusion from?
J-Lo wasnt even doing songs with rappers when the firm album dropped in 97/98
 6 years ago '04        #10
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
50 might have been a member at one point

but he wasnt no original member

the original members is nas, fox, az and mega, cause they was screaming the firm on Affirmative Action

or take it further back, they was all in the mo money mo murder mo homicide video when nas was like 'the Firm volume 1 adjourned bring it to a closure'
 6 years ago '04        #11
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5482 5482
when they created the firm they came out on some don gambino sh*t. at the time (and still to this day) 50's style was really more raw. he was never about that fly gangsta sh*t....just gangsta, lol. so in the end i'm glad it didn't work out that way for 50, he created his own lane in the end and essentially won doin it his way.

but i still bump "too hot" with nas and 50
 05-25-2012, 10:02 PM         #12
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How come 50 has never talked about this?
 6 years ago '10        #13
HolyFatherSteve 853 heat pts853 OP
space
space
 Sam Rothstein said:
How come 50 has never talked about this?
i guess because of the beef with nas
 6 years ago '06        #14
Prince Ace 35 heat pts35
space
space
$15,731 | Props total: 8920 8920
wow i still have this tape somewhere
 05-25-2012, 10:25 PM         #15
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Professa said:
when they created the firm they came out on some don gambino sh*t. at the time (and still to this day) 50's style was really more raw. he was never about that fly gangsta sh*t....just gangsta, lol. so in the end i'm glad it didn't work out that way for 50, he created his own lane in the end and essentially won doin it his way.

but i still bump "too hot" with nas and 50
Exactly...

them n*ggas was on some mafioso sh*t back then. 50 didn't fit the bill.
 6 years ago '04        #16
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
i used to bump that song heavy
 6 years ago '05        #17
HOLLA BACK 
space
space
$1,645 | Props total: 437 437
Nas and 50 verses on that Who U Rep Wit, wow!! I forgot about this song. Classic sh*t.
 6 years ago '04        #18
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,292 | Props total: 3890 3890
50 rapped WAY better before he got shot. n*gga just sounds hungry as fu*k.
 05-25-2012, 10:47 PM         #19
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Them n*ggas would of been running sh*t, "who u rep with" shows how epic a 50 and nas chemistry could of been
 05-25-2012, 10:51 PM         #20
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the sentence with 50's name included the word "actually" 2 times. I don't know why but that sh*t is funny to me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy