Lakers potentially targeting Iguodala... again

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '12        #1
5753 pageviews
94 comments

Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
space
$4,253 | Props total: 727 727
Lakers potentially targeting Iguodala... again

[pic - click to view]

NBA AM: Will Lakers Target Iguodala Again? | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors
NBA AM: Will Lakers Target Iguodala Again?
By Alex Kennedy
NBA Writer

Andre Iguodala was nearly traded from the Philadelphia 76ers to the Los Angeles Lakers last June. In the hours leading up to the 2011 NBA Draft, the two teams were discussing a potential deal that would’ve sent Iguodala to Los Angeles in exchange for several pieces including Lamar Odom and a draft pick.

The Lakers were ready to pull the trigger on the deal and the Sixers strongly considered it. However, Philadelphia ultimately turned down the trade because they believed that Odom would be unhappy and unmotivated after being dealt from Los Angeles.

After watching Odom struggle with the Dallas Mavericks and get dismissed from the team in April, there’s no question that Philadelphia made the right decision. Their read on Odom was entirely accurate – he had the worst year of his career, averaging 6.6 points and 4.1 rebounds – and now they find themselves one game away from the Eastern Conference Finals.

However, if the Sixers are eliminated by the Boston Celtics in Game 7, the general consensus around the league is that they’ll try to trade Iguodala this summer. Even with Philadelphia’s recent success, league sources insist that Iguodala is a player who could be moved this offseason if the right offer comes along.

The Lakers, who are looking to shake their roster up this offseason, are expected to once again emerge as a potential suitor for Iguodala. The 28-year-old would be an excellent fit for Los Angeles and solve their problem at small forward. Sources close to the situation say that Kobe Bryant would welcome the move since he has wanted the Lakers to acquire an athletic, versatile small forward for several years.

After missing on Iguodala last summer, the Lakers may be able to land him this offseason if they’re willing to part with the right pieces. With that said, Los Angeles will have competition for the small forward. Many teams are expected to express interest if Iguodala becomes available. This season, he averaged 12.4 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.5 a.ssists in 62 games with the Sixers.

Many players will be mentioned as possible targets for the Lakers this summer, but Iguodala is a realistic option given that these teams have flirted with this possibility in the no-so-distant past.

atleast somebody knew that odom didn't want to play in their city. this is a bad move for LA. he is just making way too much money. although pau is making more, he's getting paid much closer to his value than iggy is. and who's taking artest in this scenario? wouldn't make any sense to have them both on the roster. i'd rather go after someone like ariza in a sign and trade using our lamar odom trade exception without giving up pau and try to trade artest somehow.

146 - 42 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 05-25-2012 at 03:37 PM..

94 comments for "Lakers potentially targeting Iguodala... again"

6 years ago '09        #2
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,936 | Props total: 22189 22189
would be a good look for them, especially since he prefers being a distributor and letting kobe chuck.
 05-25-2012, 12:35 PM         #3
evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Get Steve Nash
 05-25-2012, 12:35 PM         #4
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll reserve my comments till after game 7...like who really gives a fu*k though...lol
 6 years ago '11        #5
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
Odom fu*ked everything up in West
 6 years ago '04        #6
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
Iggy would not help the Lakers if the Lakers are aiming to win championships. He's not a champ and somewhat of a let-down player in crunch time. He is definitely not the answer.
 6 years ago '04        #7
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
Gasol for Iggy makes a lot of sense for both teams..

A few more players would probably have to be involved tho. Leaves the Lakers with no PF.
 6 years ago '10        #8
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,491 | Props total: 9784 9784
Iggy Sweet Lou & Meeks, get it done
 6 years ago '09        #9
RdGZkP 30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,044 | Props total: 197 197
If it ain't Bynum i don't want a deal wit the lakers.We don't need to trade Iggy so it better b a good deal to make it happen.i don't want Gasol i don't think he's a philly kind of guy
 6 years ago '07        #10
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 5462 5462
 kp059 said:
If it ain't Bynum i don't want a deal wit the lakers.We don't need to trade Iggy so it better b a good deal to make it happen.i don't want Gasol i don't think he's a philly kind of guy

Bynum has so much potential, he's not being coached right over there
 05-25-2012, 01:29 PM         #11
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bynum for Iggy lmao getthefu*kouttahere
 6 years ago '05        #12
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
fu*k no Gasol is so much better then Iggy now if they wanna do Ron for Iggy we good
 6 years ago '05        #13
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
...no where does it say lakers are targeting iggy

stop it with these titles

its all predictions and hearsay
 6 years ago '05        #14
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,582 | Props total: 9 9
 braided_uppimp said:
Bynum for Iggy lmao getthefu*kouttahere
Why????

But yet.....you'd be the first one co-signing a Iggy for Steve Blake trade
 05-25-2012, 01:41 PM         #15
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Philly wins this deal if it's an even swap.
 6 years ago '06        #16
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,351 | Props total: 5501 5501
how are you going to put "lakers targeting iggy... again" in the thread title when the title of the article is "WILL the lakers target iggy"?
 6 years ago '07        #17
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
My favorite non laker in the league! get this man!
 6 years ago '12        #18
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72 OP
space
space
$4,253 | Props total: 727 727
 Bea5T said:
...no where does it say lakers are targeting iggy

stop it with these titles

its all predictions and hearsay
 banga said:
how are you going to put "lakers targeting iggy... again" in the thread title when the title of the article is "WILL the lakers target iggy"?
if you read the parts of the article i bolded it said:
"The Lakers, who are looking to shake their roster up this offseason, are expected to once again emerge as a potential suitor for Iguodala."

the title of the article is a little more in it's tone after you read the article.

but i understand that there might be some confusion based on the title. so to clear things up and to appease you guys i added an edit at the top of my post and asked the mods to change the thread title.

146 - 42 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *

Last edited by Fearless Genius; 05-25-2012 at 02:33 PM..
 05-25-2012, 02:14 PM         #19
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 USC said:
Iggy Sweet Lou & Meeks, get it done
yeah right
 6 years ago '05        #20
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
last thing i want on my team is another soft white 7 footer

if its not bynum im hanging up the phone, iggy's stock is rising and its making it difficult for us to even trade him. him, turner, and jrue can be the future...get some quality bigs and we're in business
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy