A History of Lil Wayne vs. Pusha-T Beef: From “Mr. Me Too” to the “F–k Pusha” Tweet

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
55 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
12756 pageviews
90 comments

flix02 2055 heat pts2055
space
space
$10,632 | Props total: 3748 3748
A History of Lil Wayne vs. Pusha-T Beef: From “Mr. Me Too” to the “F–k Pusha” Tweet

Interpretation is a muthaf–ker, ain’t it? On Wednesday night, Pusha T released a song off his upcoming solo album called “Exodus 23:1”, and everything about the Rico Beats-produced track is pure ventilation. Now when I first heard the song back in March, I wondered if Push was sending darts towards Drake…towards a possible producer….towards Cons…towards some aspiring VA artist. And I still think the lyrics, as vicious as they are, can still apply to multiple people. But if the shot goes out and you think it’s about you…then that becomes the story.

So if Pusha spits a line that says:

“Throwing that flag up, thinking you hot s**t taking half of everything you get…”

And Lil Wayne responds with a 4am tweet:

[pic - click to view]

Then I guess that means we’ve flipped over the tables and everyone’s in a bare-knuckle brawling stance. (Even though the line wasn’t intended for that target.)

Now if Weezy seems a bit overly-sensitive, it’s because there was bad blood between him and Pusha tracing back to 2006….so let’s take a little trip down memory lane.

The history of Lil Wayne vs. Pusha T (and The Clipse)…2006 to 2012
After the jump

Lil Wayne on the cover of Vibe Magazine (April, 2006) wearing A Bathing Ape.

Note: Prior to that BAPE was most prominently worn in hip hop circles by Pharrell and The Clipse.

The Clipse subliminally diss Lil Wayne on “Mr. Me Too” (off Hell Hath No Fury).
Note: In the video, the “Mr. Me Too” posers are dressed in Bape.

Lyrics: “n*ggas is haters, I’m doing deals like the majors
Ice Cream Sneakers, I signed my first skater
So you can pay three and buy yourself some bapestas
Bulletproof under T-shirts because they hate us…
Wanna know the time? Better clock us
n*ggaz bite the style from the shoes to the watches”

[video - click to view]

Lil Wayne goes off on The Clipse in Complex (writer Tosh-taka Kondo, Dec, 2006):
Lil Wayne:
I thought the whole ‘Mr. Me Too’ video was about me, to tell you the damn truth. They think I want to be like them. I’m on a million-dollar bus going around the world charging people from $50,000 to $150,000 for verses, and I got 77 songs in magazines and I got a billion more. Do the math; you think I’m trying to be like you? No sir.

Complex: I’m sure you’ve heard…one of the things [The Clipse have] been saying is like ‘Yo, all these dudes, now they do the BAPE and coke rap… But before, that was us. We were the ones who started that.’ How do you feel about that?

Lil Wayne: I don’t rap about no coke. He ain’t talking about me. I don’t rap about no coke. I’ve been rich since I was 14 years old—off of selling records. I do not rap about no damn coke. If I say anything about coke, I speak the truth about it. I don’t go talking about I got none.
I ain’t got no bricks or I’m cooking up—for what? Why is you rapping then? If you cooking up coke what the fu-k are you rapping for? Or why if you rapping, what the fu-k are you cooking up coke for? Make some sense out of this sh-t…
Ya dig? I did it four times again after that, just on the charts. I ain’t gotta talk about no coke nor no fu-king BAPEs. I got my own shoe out n*gga, that OG collection Reebok n*gga. I got my own jeans out n*gga, W. Two Us, I’ve got my name—the W is gonna be on your bi-ch a.ss. Aight?

Complex: Okay.
Lil Wayne: Alright. Stop coming at me about that bullsh-t man. That’s how you get beef started man…
I don’t see n*ggas like that. You talking to the best. Talk to me like you’re talking to the best. I don’t see no fu-kin’ Clipse. Come on man. Weezy, man. They had to do a song with us to get hot, B. “What Happened To That Boy?” C’mon B. Don’t do that, dog. This is a fu-king legend you’re talking to right here. 14 years, B. How many years them n*ggas been around?
[B]2000…
Who the fu-k is Pharrell? Do you really respect him? That n*gga wore BAPEs and y’all thought he was weird. I wore it and y’all thought it was hot. C’mon man. C’mon now. The n*gga walked around with n*ggas that looked like you, y’all thought he was crazy. If I did it, y’all gonna think these n*ggas are k!llers.

The Clipse respond to Lil Wayne’s Complex comments on Virginia radio (Hot 102.1 FM)
“Wayne, you sort of copying The Clipse right now…I think he made a bad judgment call and just decided to take a swipe at us…maybe he’s got an album coming out. This is a small thing to a giant, he’s just acting out.”

“If anything, I am upset about him using the F word before my name, being as though he likes to sit around and kiss men. If you gonna kiss men, you can’t even use them words in conjunction with The Clipse, Pharrell, or any of the [Star Trak ] family. He’s definitely acting out right now. Jay-Z? Do what you gotta do. But involve The Clipse? You don’t want to do that. I already don’t look at him like a G. He aint nothing like me.”

The Clipse go off on Lil Wayne in Laced Magazine:
Laced:
How do you feel about Lil Wayne saying he is the greatest rapper alive?
Malice: If you Wobble Dee Wobble Dee, you can’t be a legend.
Pusha T: You can’t kiss other men, you can’t wobble dee-wobble dee, and and you can’t bite styles. You can’t bite everybody’s styles. You can’t try to rap like Jay-Z, dress like the Clipse, become a coke dealer after 5 albums, and now dress like Jim Jones. You can’t do all that and be a legend. You have to be a trendsetter and he ain’t setting any trends.
Laced: Just a few years ago you’re doing “What Happen To That Boy” with Baby, now today Lil Wayne isn’t saying complimentary things about you. Where do you think this animosity is stemming from?
Pusha T: Yea, Gillie wrote Baby’s part by the way. When “He” was a legend, Gillie wrote Baby’s part. I would’ve thought he’d go to “legend” to get it
written…He should’ve went to “legend” to get it written, but he goes to Gillie Da Kid instead. (laughs)
Malice: I think he’s pretty much trying to save face, because you and I know what it is. The streets said that, it wasn’t us that said it. The streets did all
of that talking.
Pusha T: The streets said he was biting the Clipse. Clipse never said he was biting us, because it didn’t really matter to us. It really don’t matter to us, we have real issues. Like Weezy f**kin Baby (shakes head); come on man, he’s a fa—t. (laughs)

The Clipse subliminally diss Lil Wayne on their We Got It for Cheap vol. 3 intro
Lyrics: “Sorry but I dont’ respect who you applaudin’, lil n*gga flow but his metaphors boring”
“Don’t make me turn daddy’s lil’ girl to orphan, that mean I’d have to k!ll Baby like abortion.”

The Clipse dismiss Lil Wayne beef in a radio interview
During a radio interview in Indiana, Pusha and Malice are put on the spot about Lil Wayne allegedly jacking their swag and style. But instead of confirming and fueling the beef, Pusha says he doesn’t do ‘rap beef’ and keeps it moving.

Pusha T extends an olive branch to Lil Wayne on the song “Open Your Eyes” (off Fear of God)
Lyric: “Free Weezy! Congrats my n—a. Now let Tip go!”

[video - click to view]

Pusha T tells Complex’s Insanul Ahmed he made peace with Lil Wayne in Miami
“Ever since Lil Wayne went in to jail, that whole little stint [between me and him] is really dead and over with. I don’t have any ill will towards Wayne, Cash Money, or any of them. There was definitely a time period when I felt a certain way [about him], but as of right now I don’t. That’s just where I once was. I don’t even like speaking on it. [On Fear of God] I actually said, ‘They had freed Weezy, congratulations.’ When I seen Wayne in Miami, I told him, ‘Congratulations on getting out of jail.”’

Old petrified sh-t feels a comeback is in order and hits the fan when Pusha T drops “Exodus 23:1″
Note: Because Pusha T and the rest of the G.O.O.D Music crew were in the South of France for Kanye West’s Cruel Summer premiere at Cannes….they were on a plane when Lil Wayne’s tweet dropped. They just landed. Crank up the barbeque!

[pic - click to view]

MissInfo.tv » A History of Lil Wayne vs. Pusha-T Beef: From “Mr. Me Too” to the “F–k Pusha” Tweet

90 comments for "A History of Lil Wayne vs. Pusha-T Beef: From “Mr. Me Too” to the “F–k Pusha” Tweet"

6 years ago '10        #2
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,607 | Props total: 4360 4360
wayne dont want it, see he still hurt about mr me 2.

Lil Wayne: I don’t rap about no coke. He ain’t talking about me. I don’t rap about no coke. I’ve been rich since I was 14 years old—off of selling records. I do not rap about no damn coke. If I say anything about coke, I speak the truth about it. I don’t go talking about I got none.
I ain’t got no bricks or I’m cooking up—for what? Why is you rapping then? If you cooking up coke what the fu-k are you rapping for? Or why if you rapping, what the fu-k are you cooking up coke for? Make some sense out of this sh-t…
Ya dig? I did it four times again after that, just on the charts. I ain’t gotta talk about no coke nor no fu-king BAPEs. I got my own shoe out n*gga, that OG collection Reebok n*gga. I got my own jeans out n*gga, W. Two Us, I’ve got my name—the W is gonna be on your bi-ch a.ss. Aight?
this is why I laugh at his stans, lying a.ss dood

isnt this the same guy who said I dont beef, I will murder your family wayne sounded like he was on every drug that existed that day

if he so tough and so bad, diss him back

Ive noticed something about wayne, he only goes at people he thinks he can beat

Last edited by kiddrocay; 05-24-2012 at 02:36 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #3
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
Clipse >>>>>>> Weezy
 6 years ago '10        #4
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 TheAwesomeOne said:
Maybe they'll have a shoot out like the western days and when they draw they both shoot each other at the same time.

Sick of these pus*y a.ss wannabe gangster rappers. I want a time machine so I can go back to September of 96 and stop the Vegas shooting from happening.
pusha and malice had the balls to tell everyone they actually dont do what they rap about, wayne still pushing hes a blood and ish
 6 years ago '06        #5
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,567 | Props total: 4448 4448
Pusha T throws bricks and hides his hands plus he thinks he's more important than he actually is, I haven't liked Wayne in about 4 years but I'm on his side in this beef.
 6 years ago '10        #6
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 28 Gramz said:
Pusha T throws bricks and hides his hands plus he thinks he's more important than he actually is, I haven't liked Wayne in about 4 years but I'm on his side in this beef.
yeah and name droppin on twitter like a high school kid and also referring to the other guys fans is real gangster

aw well, wayne stans gonna be in here ready for war soon
 6 years ago '07        #7
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 904 904
 05-24-2012, 02:47 PM         #8
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pusha >>>
 6 years ago '06        #9
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
yeah and name droppin on twitter like a high school kid and also referring to the other guys fans is real gangster

aw well, wayne stans gonna be in here ready for war soon
Pusha T was scared to admit he was dissin Drake's soft a.ss, his "gangster" is also in question. At least Wayne said his name and didn't hide behind subliminals.
 6 years ago '07        #10
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 904 904
pusha ain't scared of no drake

lil chucky ain't scared of no drake. cmon son.
 6 years ago '05        #11
Stuart Scott 200 heat pts200
space
space
$25,237 | Props total: 19708 19708
 Crookz said:
sh*t is corny. now we gonna have all the lame n*ggas on boxden taking sides

fu*k both them n*ggas. If this Materializes as a battle I just wanna hear some good diss records I'll leave it to y'all n*ggas to argue who's cooler and all that street/gangsta sh*t over the net
powerful post but remember that most of bx hates Wayne.
If this goes to wax it will be an entertaining battle can't wait
 6 years ago '10        #12
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Crookz said:
sh*t is corny. now we gonna have all the lame n*ggas on boxden taking sides

fu*k both them n*ggas. If this Materializes as a battle I just wanna hear some good diss records I'll leave it to y'all n*ggas to argue who's cooler and all that street/gangsta sh*t over the net
I do too, I wanna hear wayne diss him back so pusha can drop some bars on that a.ss()

but I dont wayne is going to do it, you see this has been going on forever and wayne only saying ish in magazines and on twitter now

Ive only heard this dood go against people he thinks he can beat

cassidy has thrown countless shots at him but the thing with cass is he backs down when he is asked about it

pusha been throwing shots at him but he refuses to diss them back

watch his stans try to use the money bail out excuse......
 6 years ago '10        #13
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 28 Gramz said:
Pusha T was scared to admit he was dissin Drake's soft a.ss, his "gangster" is also in question. At least Wayne said his name and didn't hide behind subliminals.
on twitter right , I dont think pusha is "gangster" hes already told everyone he doesnt do what he raps about

wayne on the other hand is a skater in one song, a drug dealer in another song, a k!ller in the other song, and all 3 in the last
 6 years ago '04        #14
vazquez1085 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,830 | Props total: 252 252
Person who wrote the article has no cred seeing how they said they heard the song back in march which wasnt possible bc pusha taking a jab at chop and the chop issue didnt happen until late april/early may...so fk u
 6 years ago '04        #15
certifiedplaya1 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,362 | Props total: 161 161
hahah my n*gga wayne went at that n*gga
 6 years ago '11        #16
BlazedGod 
space
space
space
$245 | Props total: 0 0
LMAO i like the clipse, but yall tripping when you say pusha t over wayne.... over their whole career? come on son
 6 years ago '06        #17
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
I do too, I wanna hear wayne diss him back so pusha can drop some bars on that a.ss()

but I dont wayne is going to do it, you see this has been going on forever and wayne only saying ish in magazines and on twitter now

Ive only heard this dood go against people he thinks he can beat

cassidy has thrown countless shots at him but the thing with cass is he backs down when he is asked about it

pusha been throwing shots at him but he refuses to diss them back

watch his stans try to use the money bail out excuse......
I've heard Wayne say he's better than Jay-Z in magazines,constantly baited him to battle in 06/07..only for Jay to turn around and put him on a song..he's not scared of Pusha T, he wasn't then and definitley not now cause Push is a nobody in the real world.

LOL @ Cassidy, another brick thrower who scurries away when interviewers asked him who he was talking about..if these dudes know they can crush Wayne they shoulda took the 50 route and just flat out dissed him by name instead of tryin to get fame off throwing shadow punches.
 05-24-2012, 03:25 PM         #18
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at the end of the day pusha been sending subliminals and wayne straight called the n*gga name out

weezy won, we bout to see if pusha really want that drama
 6 years ago '09        #19
SCNC 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1224 1224
Malice: If you Wobble Dee Wobble Dee, you can’t be a legend.

05-24-2012, 03:32 PM         #20
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YI-Drizzy said:
at the end of the day pusha been sending subliminals and wayne straight called the n*gga name out

weezy won, we bout to see if pusha really want that drama
/thread
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago