Lupe Fiasco Calls Sway In The Morning (Goes in on Pete Rock)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
38 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-24-2012, 10:06 PM         #61
Kakarot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KnicksLost said:
Pete a legend should of fell back
ya. it was really disrespectful 2 lu as an artist. especially with the intentions he had
 6 years ago '11        #62
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,810 | Props total: 1193 1193
 Chief Dee said:
You're missing the chronological order of events though. First Lupe comes up with the concept to cover TROY back in 2011. Then he contacts Pete Rock to get his blessings last November. Pete Rock gives him the cosign but tells him that he has to go through Tom Scott. Lupe and his producer create the record and drops it this week but Pete Rock goes on twitter that night ranting as if he had no idea that Lupe was remaking Troy. So now Lupe looks like he jacked Pete Rock without a cosign and gets flamed all over twitter and youtube for a few days. Lupe remains quiet and instead contacts Pete Rock directly, the two sides clear things up but Pete Rock was then supposed to make a public statement to clear Lupe's name. But instead, Pete did not come through on his end of the bargain which led to Lupe breaking his silence and doing the SWAY interview today.
I didnt watch the interview, thats why i said i will in a little in that post.
 6 years ago '05        #63
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
this is clearly going above yall heads

Lupe is creating hype over this track by doing this..
 05-24-2012, 10:43 PM         #64
illmatix  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
I listened to it before my post...

Tell me that there isn't always drama and whining every single time Lupe is about to come out... Please.

If it ain't him crying about contemplating suicide or the label is holding him down...blah blah blah blah

Some people just love drama and stay in it... Lupe is one of them cats always in a problem or dispute. Period.

They jacked a beat... Made a ok track... The Creator of it heard the track and said na, that's weak... Now they crying on radio shows cause the response to the record is everyone hating on it for being a bi*ch move for tryin to take "TROY" and rock with it, which it is.
I'm a Lupe fan, and Pete is definitely salty...but everything in your post is true.
 6 years ago '06        #65
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,225 | Props total: 5035 5035
none of this matters

pete wasn't feeling the remake and thats all it is

and lupe is butt hurt because pete wasnt feeling it
 6 years ago '05        #66
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,187 | Props total: 11750 11750
So Pete was on some bullsh*t basically.

Lupe was right to do what he did then. Shuda mentioned 9th too. Cuz dude went on a rant too.
 6 years ago '05        #67
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
Pete's a legend but he has a history with this type of sh*t..Him and Nas got into it a while back and now the only dudes that really f*ck with him production wise are the lox...anybody else do a double take when Lupe shouted out Atlantic?when lasers dropped he was all f*ck Atlantic and now he talking about he love them....If I'm Lupe I'm taking that joint off the album to prove a point..just because..
 6 years ago '04        #68
PimPtasicPat 1 heat pts
space
space
$531 | Props total: 14 14
lol. pete never said lupe didnt contact him, pete said that lupes version was whack as fu*k.. i can tell somebody go head get your grind on, but if it comes out whack, the dude, who is the genius behind the track has every right to express how he feels about the track.. if anything everyone else. 9th wonder included made it seem like lupe came out of no place with this
 6 years ago '07        #69
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 1061 1061
You wanna speak to the listeners, Nah i trying to hear nobody view on this sh*t. Yea Lupe, I fu*ks with lupe but in that pic my mans look like ET

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #70
Littles0012 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$714 | Props total: 141 141
To be fair to Pete Rock, he wasn't a fan of Mr. Cheeks remake either. He "sh*t" on that as well in an interview I read a few years ago.
 05-25-2012, 01:10 AM         #71
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illmatix said:
I'm a Lupe fan, and Pete is definitely salty...but everything in your post is true.
And Props have been givien.

Lupe stans gettin irrational in here... Telling me I didn't listen to the video.

I heard the sh*t LIVE on Sirius.
 6 years ago '04        #72
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
fu*k lupe
 6 years ago '05        #73
FLO 
space
space
$560 | Props total: 0 0
 GROUCHCARTEL said:
Pete's a legend but he has a history with this type of sh*t..Him and Nas got into it a while back and now the only dudes that really f*ck with him production wise are the lox...anybody else do a double take when Lupe shouted out Atlantic?when lasers dropped he was all f*ck Atlantic and now he talking about he love them....[/B][/B]If I'm Lupe I'm taking that joint off the album to prove a point..just because..

naw, son. if u listen clearly, there was a sarcastic tone in what he said. he clears it up immediately after he says that. something like "at least they backed me on that situation" and "even they were baffled" or something like that. but it did catch me at first when he shouted them out. thats why i went back and listened closely.
 6 years ago '10        #74
JStarr7 
space
space
$603 | Props total: 84 84
 Rebirth46 said:
Lupe Real Chicago n*gga>>>
All day!
 05-28-2012, 05:58 PM         #75
Brooklyn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 babalou said:
Lupe sounding like Ray-J right now
Watch ya fu*king mouth son.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
78 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
53 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago