Top 5 worst Android phones

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-24-2012, 09:47 AM         #1
5863 pageviews
41 comments

ProfitSee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Top 5 worst Android phones

Android's charge to the top of the smartphone tree has been driven by some genuinely stellar smartphones.

But for every belting blower running the OS, there's been a fair few flops that brought shame and dishonour on the platform. Here's our very idiosyncratic guide to the worst Android phones of all time.

1 T-Mobile G1

[pic - click to view]

Tech types often dub the T-Mobile G1 'the O.G of Android phones'. Thatís purely because it was the first one. In no sense does that bad-ass sobriquet reflect that the phone is a bad-ass bit of kit.

Glitchy and laggy, it wasn't much fun to use. Then there was the way it rinsed the battery. And thatís before you even get to its trifling 192MB of internal storage space that meant that getting OS updates was a no-no very early on the handset's lifecycle.

But sealing the deal was that because G1 featured a physical QWERTY keyboard and racked up a million or so sales, it paved the way for a slew of similar phones - despite the fact that Android is optimised for touchscreen handsets.

All those keyboards did was cut back on screen real estate that would have made for a much better user experience. And held Android back from becoming a viable challenger to Apple a lot sooner.

2 Sharp Aquos Hybrid

[pic - click to view]

Back in the early 2000ís Motorolaís clamshell RAZR phones were the last word in cutting-edge cool. That was then, though.

Fast forward to 2011 and Aquos attempted to revive the form factor with the Hybrid.

You couldnít fault the specs. It shipped with the at-the-time latest 2.3 version of Android and rocked a 16-megapixel camera.

But we just couldnít get past the fact that it was so fugly. And much more importantly, pointlessly cut back on screen space.

By choosing the clamshell design, Aquos ruined what would otherwise have been a very welcome addition to the Android line-up.

3 Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro

[pic - click to view]

The Xperia Mini Pro was another keyboard-toting Android phone, whose chief apparent virtue was that it was also very compact indeed.

Except that it wasnít actually a virtue at all.

In hindsight, the idea of shrinking Android phones as though they were old-fashioned feature handsets seems absurd in the era of the Galaxy Note and the growing number of smarties with ever-increasing display sizes.

But no phone proved that more decisively than the incredibly fiddly to use Mini, which featured a screen that was too pokey for comfort and a keyboard that was stiff and unresponsive. That meant both input methods were a failure. And thatís not good enough.

4 Kyocera Echo

[pic - click to view]

This two-screen number was another attempt to turn the big book of Android phone design upside down. Unfortunately, it was stymied because the second display was little more than a novelty and added nothing to the Echo other than extra bulk.

Add to that low-grade specs (think: single core processor and five-megapixel camera) and it's hard to see what Kyocera thought it was bringing to the party.

5 Sony Xperia Play

[pic - click to view]

For years before the so-called PlayStation phone arrived, it was the subject of excitable chatter from tech types and gamers alike.

That eagerness evaporated within minutes of the handset landing in a blaze of publicity at lavish Sony Ericsson launch events.

With controls that were unresponsive and plasticky, a selection of creaky, dusty PSOne games and shoddy build quality, the Play was rotten as a console.

Much worse for its fortunes, though, was that it was a gadget that showed that Sony Ericsson fundamentally misunderstood why people are ditching complex console titles for throwaway mobile games.

The result? A flop on a scale not seen since the Gizmondo.

[pic - click to view]

Source

41 comments for "Top 5 worst Android phones"

6 years ago '06        #2
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,589 | Props total: 8764 8764
EVERYone had a g1 i memba that sh*t.. it was hot when it was out, it was different at the time and sorta cool.. but you cant look back at these phones now with what is out today.
 6 years ago '04        #3
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
 Special Edd said:
EVERYone had a g1 i memba that sh*t.. it was hot when it was out, it was different at the time and sorta cool.. but you cant look back at these phones now with what is out today.

yeah the G1 was dope back when it came out I coulda hopped back on T-mobile and copped I decided to stick with my helio ocean though (I loved that phone)
 6 years ago '05        #4
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,614 | Props total: 13673 13673
HTC @ numero uno.
 6 years ago '05        #5
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,329 | Props total: 1654 1654
Damn that HTC looks ugly - looks like a phone from the late 90s. Surprising to know that it was released late 2008-early 2009, a time when RIM had the Bold 9000 and Apple had the 3GS.

But still, fu*k the haters

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #6
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 2729 2729
 Y.G. said:
HTC @ numero uno.
Google designed the phone and its the first android phone. That phone gets a pass.

And let's forget Samsung first few android phone were trash. There were people who actually thought that garbage a.ss moment can even hang with the og droid.
 6 years ago '05        #7
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 589 589
anything that ran Cupcake fw should get a pass
 6 years ago '04        #8
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
My cousin had the G1 back when I was on the HTC Touch Pro -- he thought he was stuntin' so hard

I had the Xperia Mini joint too. It wasn't that bad, the keyboard was surprisingly solid but it was after all, too small which made it a little uncomfortable. Kept thinking I lost my phone when it was in my pocket. The worst part was that I got the phone when it first came out and it was already outdated, the Android OS didn't get one single update or improvement.

Android defragmentation < _____________
 6 years ago '05        #9
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Google designed the phone and its the first android phone. That phone gets a pass.

And let's forget Samsung first few android phone were trash. There were people who actually thought that garbage a.ss moment can even hang with the og droid.
Compare both brands now.
 6 years ago '04        #10
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
all of these phones look like sh*t. cheap plastic and everything.
 6 years ago '06        #11
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 RYLNYC said:
My cousin had the G1 back when I was on the HTC Touch Pro -- he thought he was stuntin' so hard

I had the Xperia Mini joint too. It wasn't that bad, the keyboard was surprisingly solid but it was after all, too small which made it a little uncomfortable. Kept thinking I lost my phone when it was in my pocket. The worst part was that I got the phone when it first came out and it was already outdated, the Android OS didn't get one single update or improvement.

Android defragmentation < _____________
I miss that HTC touch pro 2
That keyboard
 6 years ago '04        #12
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Compare both brands now.
I never owned any HTC android device.

I owned both Samsung epic 4g and Motorola Droid(got it launch) and a Asus transformer.

All I know was when the of Droid came out that those Samsung moment fan boys thought that piece of sh*t phone is better than Droid.

You been bashing HTC more than I have and I been bashing HTC terrible battery life which they finally fixed.

sh*t if anything that buggy a.ss Samsung moment and that piece of sh*t Motorola clique should have been on this list before the Xperia play and g1.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 05-24-2012 at 05:57 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #13
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
I never owned any HTC android device.

I owned both Samsung epic 4g and Motorola Droid(got it launch) and a Asus transformer.

All I know was when the of Droid came out that those Samsung moment fan boys thought that piece of sh*t phone is better than Droid.

You been bashing HTC more than I have and I been bashing HTC terrible battery life which they finally fixed.

sh*t if anything that buggy a.ss Samsung moment and that piece of sh*t Motorola clique should have been on this list before the Xperia play and g1.

Samsung > HTC
 6 years ago '08        #14
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,933 | Props total: 686 686
i had the g1 and the phone was nice!!! i thought the sh*t sh*tted on the iphone that year. i thought it was faster and easier to use. it was bulky and had other issues but i could live with it. i really loved the keyboard too. i dont know what this article is talking about cus it made apple step it up. sh*t, i actually miss the phone. lol. anyways, theres a lot worse phones that came out after it so this article is ridiculous. regardless, it was a nice phone.
 6 years ago '04        #15
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Manny05 said:
I miss that HTC touch pro 2
That keyboard
Yupppp! I had that one too. I think the 1st one was called the Fuze on AT&T, which was dope. But that Touch Pro 2 was the most perfectly designed phone back then.

If only it wasn't running Window Mobile (if I remember right).
 6 years ago '04        #16
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 Y.G. said:

Samsung > HTC
No sh*t. That doesn't change the fact that the Evo 4g lte and gs3 for sprint will be the top two phones for sprint and that you can't go wrong with either.

All we know lg might come out of nowhere and set the standard for android devices especially the quad core s4 and 2gb of ram rumor and make this whole HTC one x vs galaxy s 3 sh*t look stupid.
 6 years ago '04        #17
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,662 | Props total: 515 515
List was bullsh*t the moment I saw G1. That phone was on fu*kin point for its time. It's easy to go back and pick out phones with bad specs after three years and call them bad with the technology we have now. As for the design, I personally liked it. It had a 5 row QWERTY that felt good, and I never thought I'd like a trackball so much. Only problems I had were with the camera. Didn't support video capabilities out of the box (that changed with later versions of Android) and it didn't have flash. Other than that, I don't see how you can hate on the G1.
 6 years ago '04        #18
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
The Mini Pro and the Xperia Play? Seriously? The Mini Pro may not be a beast of a phone but it's not trying to be. That phone was designed for new smartphone owners or smartphone owners that don't need a $200-$300 phone and works well. That phone is very good for the market it's aimed at. I would only take points off for the UI, but the UI honestly isn't that bad. It definitely is not one of the worst Android phones out there.

The Xperia Play is a mid-range device with a gamepad. It was an original idea (for this day and age, anyway) and it had so much potential. The phone itself was never meant to be a high-end phone, and it was priced accordingly.

Not seeing ANY of the earlier Motorola BLUR phones, none of the Samsung Behold phones, and a whole bunch of sh*t on this list is fu*kin crazy. fu*k ya list.
 6 years ago '04        #19
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
To end my trio of posts... uswitch.com? Really? We going to offbrand sites for credibility now?

6 years ago '05        #20
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
No sh*t. That doesn't change the fact that the Evo 4g lte and gs3 for sprint will be the top two phones for sprint and that you can't go wrong with either.

All we know lg might come out of nowhere and set the standard for android devices especially the quad core s4 and 2gb of ram rumor and make this whole HTC one x vs galaxy s 3 sh*t look stupid.
My n*gga... really?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ĎStar Wars: The Last Jedií Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 8 - Tom Down! TV One Cancels NewsOne Now Bye Bye Roland
41 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago