May 23 - Bank error gives man nearly $70K, now he faces charges for spending most of it

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-24-2012, 09:30 PM         #101
Aquarius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i would have entered a poker tournament in vegas and win millions
 6 years ago '06        #102
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$4,862 | Props total: 94 94
 Aquarius said:
i would have entered a poker tournament in vegas and win millions
or go to vegas and lose everything
 6 years ago '09        #103
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621
whoever sayin they would give it back is a mufu*kin liar
 6 years ago '06        #104
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 Account001 said:
1. Dealing with money is ALWAYS business

2. yeah, the banking system fu*ks every 1st world county. Defending banks in like defending cell phone companies. Banks dont just hold money

3. Im glad you called him out on predatory lending and all that other sh*t he said banks facilitated.

4. If I took it all out id make it a quickflip or hold it till the banks came knocking and we would settle (i got 70k for lawyer fees which they would have to match... see where im going). OR take out 9,999 increments a month and my card will end up stolen
Banks did facilitate predatory lending. When you give a 300k loan to people who you know can't pay it back simply because you're not on the hook when they don't pay it back and you get a fee out of it, that's called predatory lending. Yes, banks are a business, but the type of business practices they involved themselves in during the mid-2000's is absolutely crazy and reckless. It's the banks job to tell people it knows can't pay that they can't have the loan. If it's going to be the case where banks aren't going to care about you paying the mortgage, then why the fu*k do you even apply? The money should be free for everyone to come take and do whatever they please. Since that's NOT the case, banks should use proper practice to ensure qualify peopled are approved instead of just giving out loans because they make a fee.

Some of you need to get a real understanding of exactly what happened during the mortgage bubble and exactly what caused it to burst the way it did. This sh*t isn't just some coincidence. The banks and their friends facilitated the recession with their actions.
 6 years ago '10        #105
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 ~ k!lla KaZi ~ said:
so tell me why do yall give accounts to people with no social security cards or any other proof of being a citizen of the United States....hell..I know mexican contractors who are over here illegally with no proof of anything who have accounts with BOA......
Why not? You ever heard of international students? They come here to learn from other countries. Why shouldn't they be allowed to have an account in America while they're here?

And honestly (in terms of the Mexicans) those n*ggas take better care of their finances than n*ggas who were born here. They work the hardest and are just trying to build a life for their families, so they are actually more likely to do the right things financially than people here.

There's nothing at all predatory about that..
 6 years ago '10        #106
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Lazy Mikey said:
So all the blame is on the bank for negligence of the borrower? If you can't afford it you can't afford it, people in this country seem to need and want every latest gizmo gadget fad... Lending money to friends is a bad analogy seeing as that has nothing to do with a business.

I'm definately not saying the banks are in the right by any means, but people bit off more than they could chew too.

Like. people who put 100% of the blame on Banks baffle me. n*ggas really act like we was kidnapping people and making them apply for mortgage loans at gunpoint

They was coming to us. It's not like credit cards where we were soliciting people.

Why are people so against the idea of people making their bed then having to lay in it?
 6 years ago '10        #107
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
80sbaby im agreeing with you

Themindof and lazy mikey, thats why it is called "predatory".
 6 years ago '06        #108
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
@TheMindOf

You're still not getting it.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH SOMEONE APPLYING FOR A LOAN. I REPEAT, NOTHING IS WRONG WITH SOMEONE APPLYING FOR A LOAN! WHETHER IT'S A CAR LOAN, HOME LOAN OR ANY OTHER LOAN.

The problem lies in the fact that mortgage loan STANDARDS went down the drain during the bubble because banks were not losing money on people who weren't paying their mortgage. The problem it created was that banks started to not care who got a loan or their ability to pay back, therefore EVERYONE got loans.

And it's not just that everyone got loans, some people who applied for loans were TARGETED and put into certain kinds of loans BECAUSE THE BANK MADE MORE MONEY THAT WAY.

There's a lot more to the mortgage thing than people want to admit and the part about consumers biting off more than they could chew is a miniscule part of it and imo, the least important aspect. Consumers were just doing what they've always done. Loans aren't something new, people have been applying for loans since forever. WHAT WAS NEW WAS THE FACT THAT BANKS LENDING STANDARDS CHANGED BASED ON HOW THE BANKS RIGGED THE SYSTEM. This allowed a lot of fraud to go on as well as predatory lending to take place.

If you still can't see the problem this created, I don't know what to tell you.
 6 years ago '09        #109
KNerd 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1 1
Had the same sh*t happen to me. Left it in there and all went back to normal. Its not worth having the banks lawyers fu*k you over for.
 6 years ago '11        #110
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
hmm should've took ten and gave the rest back .

bank would've said just pay it back

6 years ago '07        #111
Sleazy 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,560 | Props total: 298 298
What's 50 grand to a mothafu*ka like me can you please remind me
 05-27-2012, 06:22 AM         #112
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ima80baby said:
@TheMindOf

You're still not getting it.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH SOMEONE APPLYING FOR A LOAN. I REPEAT, NOTHING IS WRONG WITH SOMEONE APPLYING FOR A LOAN! WHETHER IT'S A CAR LOAN, HOME LOAN OR ANY OTHER LOAN.

The problem lies in the fact that mortgage loan STANDARDS went down the drain during the bubble because banks were not losing money on people who weren't paying their mortgage. The problem it created was that banks started to not care who got a loan or their ability to pay back, therefore EVERYONE got loans.

And it's not just that everyone got loans, some people who applied for loans were TARGETED and put into certain kinds of loans BECAUSE THE BANK MADE MORE MONEY THAT WAY.

There's a lot more to the mortgage thing than people want to admit and the part about consumers biting off more than they could chew is a miniscule part of it and imo, the least important aspect. Consumers were just doing what they've always done. Loans aren't something new, people have been applying for loans since forever. WHAT WAS NEW WAS THE FACT THAT BANKS LENDING STANDARDS CHANGED BASED ON HOW THE BANKS RIGGED THE SYSTEM. This allowed a lot of fraud to go on as well as predatory lending to take place.

If you still can't see the problem this created, I don't know what to tell you.

I personally think you think you know what the fu*k your talking about but you don't.

1st off, not all banks did this. The equivalent of what your saying would be if Wal-MArt did something, then so did Target, Best Buy, etc (retail stores)

2nd off, banks weren't giving out loans to people they KNEW weren't gonna pay them back. That would be foolish and you don't have a huge balance sheet by doing sh*t like that. what CERTAIN banks did, was give risky people risky loans. Yes, there is a difference

Lastly, come on mofos. This is America. Land of the Free. It's a banks fault some dumb as*hole took out a loan he couldn't pay? It's the banks job to figure that out? Pleeeeaaaase. We are a business dipsh*t. Our job is to make shareholders money and provide security for our employees period. We verify income for 2 years, check debt ratios, and any littttle thing can halt a mortgage. You think we got a crystal ball n*gga?

However, some of what you guys say is right and customers were taken advantage. There are corrupt cops but that doesnt make them all bad. Most cops are actually honest contribuiting members to society. A bank is the same.

Oh, and more credit unions and small instituitions need a.ssistance more than banks.....You just want to have nothinf>
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
54 comments
1 day ago