May 23 - Bank error gives man nearly $70K, now he faces charges for spending most of it

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
87 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
99 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #81
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 RYLNYC said:
It's a tough decision, I think I'd wait it out a few months, keep it quiet and see what happens. After like half a year, if I'm in the clear, I'd take the money out in cash in increments. Even after getting all of it in cash, I'd wait like another 6-12 months just to be safe.

I'd be lying if I said I'd give it back though. With all the f-cked up dirty moves banks pull nowadays, I probably wouldn't even consider giving it back unless they hit me up.
This ^^^
 6 years ago '10        #82
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Lot17 said:
Somewhat yea...talkin bout "we just hold your money" n*gga no u fu*kin don't u gonna tell me if I drop 2k in my account u gonna physically put it in a vault with my name on it? NO n*gga stop playing urself , talkin bout people buying houses they know they can't afford so why the fu*k u giving the loans f*ggot
Son, we don't force nobody to be with our bank. BofA aint for everybody. If you can't afford to be with a bigger bank, take your a.ss to a rink dink credit union or keep your money under your mattress.. Im just saying there's certain patterns in certain "demographics" of people that I see everyday I go in..

We have people who have had accounts with us for 20-25 years and have never had an issue.

You know why. Because the manage their money. They don't spend blindly. They don't live outside their means. They chose to understand how their accounts work.

Unfortunately those people are in the minority..

Sad to say but minorities, for the most part (with the exceptions of Indians and Asians) are terrible with their finances.. White people are like 60-40%. Older ones are great with money. Younger ones, not so much.

You can't tell me no different bruh. Im not making generalizations.. I work in the belly of the beast..

--

On the matter of the loans. Who the fu*k told people everybody has to live in a house? Some people need to realize they'd be better off in apartments.

We never knocked on anybody's apartment door and made them sign up for a Mortgage loan. People came to us. So we will take the liberty to a.ssume that if you COME TO US for a loan, that you will be able to a.ssume the responsibility of paying that loan. The same way how if you go to the dealership to get a whip, you better be able to afford the payments before you leave the lot.

That whole "predatory practices" thing is an excuse. The majority of our customers pay their mortgages just fine.
 6 years ago '11        #83
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,856 | Props total: 1453 1453
 RAWshadTX said:
So, if a cashier gives you back WAY more money than you realize and you walked out with the money and notice the extra change are you gonna go back and give it back to the store or say fu*k it?

That's almost what happened here. Employee would most likely be fired and the customer can't really be charge for stealing can he?
But man we're talking about a bank here this is not no corner liquor store.
 6 years ago '06        #84
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Oh and I guarantee that if you read your "terms & conditions" on any banking contract they will have a clause about this type of scenario in there.
 6 years ago '06        #85
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 TheMindOf said:
--

On the matter of the loans. Who the fu*k told people everybody has to live in a house? Some people need to realize they'd be better off in apartments.

We never knocked on anybody's apartment door and made them sign up for a Mortgage loan. People came to us. So we will take the liberty to a.ssume that if you COME TO US for a loan, that you will be able to a.ssume the responsibility of paying that loan. The same way how if you go to the dealership to get a whip, you better be able to afford the payments before you leave the lot.

That whole "predatory practices" thing is an excuse. The majority of our customers pay their mortgages just fine.
Did it ever occur to you that maybe someone would prefer to live in a house? That's why they come asking for a loan in the first fu*king place. They want something and they want to get help getting it. Banks are supposed to run every applicant to see whether they QUALIFY for a loan and HOW MUCH they qualify for. Banks are supposed to be run by professionals.

Instead, banks SPECIFICALLY TARGETED people they KNEW couldn't pay back loans. During the height of the real estate bubble, EVERY bank participated in predatory lending. It's not an excuse, it's fraud. How the fu*k can a bank tell someone THEY KNOW can't afford something that they can have the loan for it anyways. You don't a.ssume a n*gga can pay, you make sure that their history shows they can pay. Do you "lend" money to friends you know won't pay you back??

I still don't think you see what I'm saying here so I'm going to break it down.

• Banks lent money to people they knew couldn't pay it back.
  • Then when houses went into foreclosure, the banks bundled the bad mortgages into securities to sell on Wall Street.
  • Then the banks got together with their crook friends from the rating agencies and gave sh*tty securities AAA ratings so investors would buy them.
  • Then, knowing those securities would fail, banks BET AGAINST THEM.
  • Then they asked for a bailout when it all came down.

So the banks made money on the loan, especially subprime loans. Then they made money on the failure of the loans. Then they made money when they were bailed out. The banks fu*ked America left right and center and the only people I ever see defending this kinda sh*t are those that work at them. Get ya common sense game up.
 6 years ago '10        #86
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 ima80baby said:
Did it ever occur to you that maybe someone would prefer to live in a house? That's why they come asking for a loan in the first fu*king place. They want something and they want to get help getting it. Banks are supposed to run every applicant to see whether they QUALIFY for a loan and HOW MUCH they qualify for. Banks are supposed to be run by professionals.

Instead, banks SPECIFICALLY TARGETED people they KNEW couldn't pay back loans. During the height of the real estate bubble, EVERY bank participated in predatory lending. It's not an excuse, it's fraud. How the fu*k can a bank tell someone THEY KNOW can't afford something that they can have the loan for it anyways. You don't a.ssume a n*gga can pay, you make sure that their history shows they can pay. Do you "lend" money to friends you know won't pay you back??

I still don't think you see what I'm saying here so I'm going to break it down.

• Banks lent money to people they knew couldn't pay it back.
  • Then when houses went into foreclosure, the banks bundled the bad mortgages into securities to sell on Wall Street.
  • Then the banks got together with their crook friends from the rating agencies and gave sh*tty securities AAA ratings so investors would buy them.
  • Then, knowing those securities would fail, banks BET AGAINST THEM.
  • Then they asked for a bailout when it all came down.

So the banks made money on the loan, especially subprime loans. Then they made money on the failure of the loans. Then they made money when they were bailed out. The banks fu*ked America left right and center and the only people I ever see defending this kinda sh*t are those that work at them. Get ya common sense game up.

I mean, I see where you're coming from. I can see why people would be mad. At that time we was EATING at the bank. That was around when I first got there. All types of incentives and bonuses.

You gotta understand tho. A bank is nothing more than a business. In business the FIRST priority is making money. That was the most lucrative route for the bank, its employees and the stockholders.

All businesses prey on their weaker and less responsible customers.

Same deal as when you rent a movie from Blockbuster and the rental cost 6 bucks, but you bring it back a half hour late and they charge you an additional 5 bucks. It's business.
 6 years ago '06        #87
~ KiLLa KaZi ~ 
space
space
space
$4,862 | Props total: 94 94
 TheMindOf said:
Son, we don't force nobody to be with our bank. BofA aint for everybody.
so tell me why do yall give accounts to people with no social security cards or any other proof of being a citizen of the United States....hell..I know mexican contractors who are over here illegally with no proof of anything who have accounts with BOA......
 6 years ago '04        #88
NyShow 106 heat pts106
space
space
$5,285 | Props total: 543 543
should have took out half, flipped it, then put the original amount back.
 6 years ago '08        #89
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1
 TheMindOf said:
Dishonest fu*k deserves to do some time..
STFU

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #90
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,529 | Props total: 190 190
LoL @ People saying "I'd wait 6 months" or "I'd transfer to another account" or "I'd withdraw it and bury it."

Come on, you do know all that stuff is recorded. Once they realized their mistake, they'd still ask you for the money no matter what you did with it.

I mean, dude couldn't have honestly been like "Hmm... 70,000 in my account today huh? That shift differential must have kicked in." If he didn't know they were coming for him, he's a fool.
 05-24-2012, 08:21 PM         #91
Skeenz43 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wouldve taken the money out my account....sat on it for A WHILE. if i got caught....gave it back, if not... BILLS PAYED, NEW WHIP, NEW J's, NEW bi*ch
 6 years ago '11        #92
DCballer40 
space
space
space
$2,875 | Props total: 165 165
$70k...I would of did somethig real nice with $10k and left the rest.
 6 years ago '04        #93
M1nze 
space
space
$5,753 | Props total: 101 101
i think really where he fukked up at was takin out 30k at once...cant take that much out expecting not to throw a flag somewhere.
 05-24-2012, 08:31 PM         #94
Lazy Mikey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ima80baby said:
So all the blame is on the bank for negligence of the borrower? If you can't afford it you can't afford it, people in this country seem to need and want every latest gizmo gadget fad... Lending money to friends is a bad analogy seeing as that has nothing to do with a business.

I'm definately not saying the banks are in the right by any means, but people bit off more than they could chew too.
 6 years ago '05        #95
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4754 4754
yo this sh*t happened to me in college, freshman year...fu*king bank did something wild wrong...I had ~$260,000 in my account...took a picture of that sh*t, two days later that sh*t was back to reality...
 6 years ago '10        #96
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
 Lazy Mikey said:
So all the blame is on the bank for negligence of the borrower? If you can't afford it you can't afford it, people in this country seem to need and want every latest gizmo gadget fad... Lending money to friends is a bad analogy seeing as that has nothing to do with a business.

I'm definately not saying the banks are in the right by any means, but people bit off more than they could chew too.
1. Dealing with money is ALWAYS business

2. yeah, the banking system fu*ks every 1st world county. Defending banks in like defending cell phone companies. Banks dont just hold money

3. Im glad you called him out on predatory lending and all that other sh*t he said banks facilitated.

4. If I took it all out id make it a quickflip or hold it till the banks came knocking and we would settle (i got 70k for lawyer fees which they would have to match... see where im going). OR take out 9,999 increments a month and my card will end up stolen
 05-24-2012, 08:54 PM         #97
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Would have stashed that away and did the time. fu*k struggling to save 70k.
 6 years ago '08        #98
Da_Crew2k9 132 heat pts132
space
space
space
$2,996 | Props total: 2366 2366
 4cornerspt.2 said:
Regions had put 2 Gs in my account before,well actually my debit card was linked to another person account who had opened there account the same day I did,I spent that sh*t too but no criminal charges were filed.I just was told to pay it back but I never did hell...
^^2g's but this withdawl 30,000 in cash
 6 years ago '11        #99
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,304 | Props total: 4574 4574
kid bought a dog
 6 years ago '04        #100
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 edouble2k6 said:
LoL @ People saying "I'd wait 6 months" or "I'd transfer to another account" or "I'd withdraw it and bury it."

Come on, you do know all that stuff is recorded. Once they realized their mistake, they'd still ask you for the money no matter what you did with it.

I mean, dude couldn't have honestly been like "Hmm... 70,000 in my account today huh? That shift differential must have kicked in." If he didn't know they were coming for him, he's a fool.
You're absolutely right, but after a year and a half, I'd take my chances. I know that's still fairly reckless but I think after so much time, you should be in the safe.

Obviously, the SMARTEST move is to report the money back immediately and go on about your life as if it never happened. But due to human nature, that's unlikely. If you're gonna keep the money, at least try to be strategic.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
63 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy