50 Cent Sums Up Lloyd Banks Situation

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
298 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
13552 pageviews
114 comments

A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
50 Cent Sums Up Lloyd Banks Situation

[pic - click to view]

http://www.hiphopdx.com/i .. th-lloyd-banks

......Yeah, I couldn’t believe that you did “Collapse” and got Eminem to do it. But I really wanted you to do my favorite song, “Banks Victory.” It was like, “Damn. We couldn’t get Banks’ ‘Victory.’”

50 Cent: [Pauses.] You know what’s really interesting? No matter how much you do for an artist, I don’t think you can prevent there from being a point that the artist wants it to be about them, regardless of who it is. I think when you’re not an artist, and you’re an executive, you never have that conflict.

Right, because you want as much success as you can...

50 Cent: Right. And you don’t understand, I want as much success as I can have for artists who I come in contact with. It gives you life, when you don’t have any. Meaning, it gives you the ability to make Watch The Throne. Technically, Kanye’s sales history is bigger than Jay-Z’s on single albums. So if you develop an artist that you can actually bring into the fold and he becomes a legitimate partner, at some point, that’s great.

I’m not running around, jumping through hoops, making it super convenient for [my artists]. I’m going to let them work now. I’ve done enough for all of them.
—50 Cent
I want them to be bigger. You want them to have their own record companies and everything else. But when people lose sight of how people actually get to the point that you’re at, it gets really uncomfortable. The more successful you are, the more important it becomes that you are a good judge of character.

I think people that I’ve invested my time and energy in, I would have done better if I would have taken a page out of maybe the traditional book of the music business and not been so personable with them.

I should have just left them over there and said, “Do what you’ve got to do to win. I’ll even provide what you need to do to win.” When you see them become complacent, or they feel like they don’t have to do it because you’re going to figure it out for them, it becomes interesting.

The question is, have you ever had people who work for you, that you work for? Because it gets interesting when you get to a point where this person’s under you—they work for you—and you’re working for them. They don’t respond to what you’re saying, they just wait around. You’re just sitting there like, “Yo, you’re going to miss the fu-king boat. You’ve got to do this like this, now.”

You’re moving things in place, pretty much making it more convenient for them to execute it, and then they come when they feel like coming. Then you go, “Man, fu-k out of here. If you don’t catch this ferry, you can swim your a.ss across. I’ll see you when you get there.” But I’m not running around, jumping through hoops, making it super convenient for them. I’m going to let them work now. I’ve done enough for all of them.

You mean G-Unit?

50 Cent: Just artists in general, period. I think when they come, I want to help them in compensation by giving them what I think is the right approach to it. But really, if the artist doesn’t already have it, his management company will be the knowledgeable component that has a little bit more experience than the actual artist themselves. They can help him navigate where to go, with the things that he’s actually doing.

Like, you’ll get a guy that’ll go out and get a new record deal. The record company is going to take nice pictures of you and a nice music video. After they put out the first song and provide a marketing budget for that video, if it doesn’t work, they’re like, “Because we believed in you, we’ll try it one more time.”

If the sh-t flops again it’s like, “OK. That was the ball we threw against the wall. It didn’t stick. fu-k it. Give us another ball to throw.” That’s how the music business works. So if you don’t figure out how to build a consistency or how to develop a core, from the material that you’re creating, chances are, you’re going to be one of those balls that bounce off the wall while they’re looking for the ones that stick.

Is that what happened to Lloyd Banks?

50 Cent: Nah, I think Banks is... All of them. Every single artist that I’ve been around, I’ve overcompensated. They’ve been on records that say, “New 50 Cent!” and then you hear their voice.

Right. I remember on all of the singles for G-Unit solo albums, it was always your voice for the first five seconds. [Laughs.]

50 Cent: You want to offer them the opportunity to take your base and make it theirs, that their attributes will make them shine at different points because everyone is built differently. We’re all made of something different. Even though we all function the same, as humans, we’ve got different qualities and talents.

I’d like for them all to establish themselves in their own right and the way to do it is to give them space. You can sh-t or get off the toilet. As far as I’m concerned, you can figure out how to move or you can sit there until nobody cares you’re there. It’s not going to make me any bigger or less than I am now. And that’s not towards Banks—that’s towards any artist at this point.

I’ll be able to provide, in conversation, things that they could actually go through to execute, that I feel like would be appropriate for marketing purposes, but I’m not going to actually go do it for them. I’ve got other things to do to further my career. If I’m busy telling you what can make you pop and that was a new version of the old marketing campaign, I’m not figuring out what the new steps are to move forward.

If artists have a long enough career, they have peaks and valleys in it. It’s never a one-way street. Michael Jackson had moments when he didn’t feel like he was as hot as he was during Thriller, where every song is a number one record.......

Last edited by A.Dot789; 05-22-2012 at 06:14 PM..

114 comments for "50 Cent Sums Up Lloyd Banks Situation"

6 years ago '05        #2
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 6 years ago '10        #3
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053 OP
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
read that sh*t, if u wanna know wats up with the banks situation. coz alot of ppl on here still dont get it.
 6 years ago '11        #4
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,312 | Props total: 20037 20037
50 got it confused

you dont have to be on every one of Banks' records or vice versa

the core g unit fans just want to see some type of interaction between the two.

Wayne isnt on every Drake son but you can tell that they somewhat close
 6 years ago '10        #5
HolyFatherSteve 853 heat pts853
space
space
$8,414 | Props total: 11379 11379
damn....banks is kinda lazy though
 6 years ago '10        #6
space
space
 DR JAYY said:
50 got it confused

you dont have to be on every one of Banks' records or vice versa

the core g unit fans just want to see some type of interaction between the two.

Wayne isnt on every Drake son but you can tell that they somewhat close
fif doesnt wanna make it like banks has to rely on him
 05-22-2012, 06:20 PM         #7
Phillipmcd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He isn't lying

Last edited by Phillipmcd; 05-22-2012 at 06:22 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #8
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 Athavan 789 said:
read that sh*t, if u wanna know wats up with the banks situation. coz alot of ppl on here still dont get it.
I read it. And its just whatever. I disagree. But whatever. This sh*t dont stop. You hold each other down as long as the loyalty is there. I aint expecting them n*ggaz to kiss and Banks call Fif daddy, but I would expect things to fall in place as far generals, lieutenants, and captains.

This sh*t is looking like dipset, and Fif starting his own Bryd Gang with Kidd Kidd and Paris.
That sh*t is crazy. While once again other rap regimes is GETTIN BUSY FOR REAL. MMG, G.O.O.D., YMCMB. But Fif talking this ol' "he aint holdin n*ggaz hands sh*t", but Kidd Kidd all on your first Gangsta Grillz though.
 6 years ago '10        #9
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
I read it. And its just whatever. I disagree. But whatever. This sh*t dont stop. You hold each other down as long as the loyalty is there. I aint expecting them n*ggaz to kiss and Banks call Fif daddy, but I would expect things to fall in place as far generals, lieutenants, and captains.

This sh*t is looking like dipset, and Fif starting his own Bryd Gang with Kidd Kidd and Paris.
That sh*t is crazy. While once again other rap regimes is GETTIN BUSY FOR REAL. MMG, G.O.O.D., YMCMB. But Fif talking this ol' "he aint holdin n*ggaz hands sh*t", but Kidd Kidd all on your first Gangsta Grillz though.
coz he has already done the "holding hands" sh*t with banks. now its Kidd Kidd's turn lol and if it works out fif will let him loose.
 6 years ago '10        #10
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
how many times did he say "actually" ?
who actually knows? There is only one way for the actual general public to find out.
 6 years ago '10        #11
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
how many times did he say "the actual" ?
I used 'find' feature, he said it 6 times.
 6 years ago '11        #12
EL CHAPO 99 heat pts99
space
space
space
$6,583 | Props total: 3632 3632
same thing is happening now as it was in 2007 when everybody were wondering why Banks wasnt on Curtis.
 6 years ago '05        #13
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 Athavan 789 said:
coz he has already done the "holding hands" sh*t with banks. now its Kidd Kidd's turn lol and if it works out fif will let him loose.
Its cool. And we all, including Fif, can watch these other n*ggaz win as far as music is concerned. Just like everyone else was watchin the Unit when they was winning.

I'll still check for Fif and the Unit, but who knows what that sh*t will be in a year. We'll see...
 6 years ago '11        #14
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
OK banks wants to be on his own so y'all can't work together at all no more? Its deeper than that
 05-22-2012, 06:39 PM         #15
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Athavan 789 said:
From what I read 50 wants to shut out Banks, He ( Banks ) is obviously more lyrical and has a lot more to say.
 6 years ago '04        #16
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 2413 2413
 Athavan 789 said:

05-22-2012, 06:55 PM         #17
the synthesis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The problem with 50 is i feel he worries too much about "success" and finding that hit record. You are worth 100 million and you are still insecure about ur music.

What happened to just loving the music? working with rappers cuz you feel their sh*t, putting the art-form first
 6 years ago '04        #18
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,544 | Props total: 535 535
this still doesn't explain why he hasn't collaboed wit banks since hfm2. Evenyayo was on the big 10 tape I would have loved to hear Banks on Remain Calm on this Lost Tape
 6 years ago '06        #19
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,913 | Props total: 25863 25863
When banks leaves 50 boxden stans will put him in the same space they did buck and game which is disgusting... The last 6 months of bucks time with the unit i said buck is gonna leave gunit i got called as*hole dummy stupid game d!ck rider etc etc. Then it happened n*ggas turned on him smh
 6 years ago '04        #20
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,169 | Props total: 1630 1630
 MajorD said:
damn....banks is kinda lazy though
how is he lazy? dude has dropped madd material
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
35 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
115 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
76 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
167 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
129 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy