2 "MAJOR" new rule changes being looked at in the NBA

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,617 | Props total: 1690 1690
No flopping=NBA being back to being the best sport in the world!
 6 years ago '05        #22
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,184 | Props total: 3098 3098

[pic - click to view]

HE READY! lol
 6 years ago '05        #23
space
space
 Ldogg310 said:
Yessir, but refs gone have a field day with the no calls for a few years
I think what they will do is still call the fouls at first, but then will fine the flopping players to t he point where players stop doing it
 05-21-2012, 03:49 PM         #24
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how about bring back hand check n and get rid of the zone
 6 years ago '05        #25
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256
NBA been trying to make the game more international stylized. This just a continuation of that.

Soon enough there will be teams all around the world. London will probably be the first NBA team outside of north america.
 6 years ago '05        #26
space
space
 Ldogg310 said:
so on the court the floppers will still be rewarded?
Not as much, but even still, like i said, if they keep fining them while the refs are taught how to spot flops, the players will stop doing it
 05-21-2012, 04:25 PM         #27
Lot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Penalize Floppers is Great

Intl' Goaltending Rule, hell fu*king no, the feeling you get when the ball bounces up and down, everyone watching, waiting, why fu*k that up. why anyone would be for the change is beyond me, must be europeans themselves.
 6 years ago '04        #28
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
What about travelling?....................................... .........................................
 05-21-2012, 04:41 PM         #29
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The goal tending rule is also so offensive players can tip balls in and do put backs without getting called for offensive interference, that's how it is in Europe.

Don't know why this article highlighted goal tending when that's not even the basis behind the change, the offensive side is.

Omer Asik looking like
 6 years ago '06        #30
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Leave the Goal tending rule the way it is
However I'm all for penalizing players for flopping. They should really have a ref watch the game on TV and whenever someone flops he can whistle and give the other team a free shot or give the ball back
 6 years ago '05        #31
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
 T2THEONE said:

No longer will all 30 NBA general managers be voting on rule changes. And really, why should the guys in charge of basketball operations teams be in charge of rule changes? That makes sense.

Under the direction of David Stern, the NBA has put together a smaller committee made up of owners, GMs and coaches that will streamline the process, come up with recommendations then bring them to the owners for a vote. To hear Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News tell it, Stern did this to get a smaller committee of his people he could control in place, as opposed to the independent minded GMs who were making the decisions before.

So what is this new group going to attack?

Stern’s new committee is expected to work on two major rules changes right away: Adopting the international rule for goaltending, meaning that balls could be legally knocked off the rim or backboard that now would result in a basket; and penalizing “floppers….”

As for flopping, Stern recently came out strongly against the tactic, after the league fined Indiana coach Frank Vogel $15,000 for saying before the Miami-Indiana series that the Heat is the “biggest flopping team in the NBA.”

Flopping and calling guys on flopping has become a big issue these playoffs. The common perception is that European players do this the most, but I dare anyone saying that to watch the Los Angeles Clippers — with American born Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and Reggie Evans — and say that is the case. The question becomes how to do this without asking the referees to now judge the intent of the players, which has its own risks.

Stern has been big on the internatonal goaltending rule for a while — once the ball hits the rim it is far game to be knocked off or tipped in, there is no “over the cylinder” rule. If a shot goes up and bounces off the rim you can just grab the ball right off it. Some players (and GMs) have been hesitant to do that in the NBA because imagine if Andrew Bynum, Dwight Howard, JaVale McGee and other big men get practiced at this? The rule would certainly clear up what can be a gray area call at times, but at what cost?

However, Stern has wanted it for years, so…

By the way, here is the makeup of the new competition committee. Decide for yourself how under the thumb of Stern it will be.

The members are: owners Dan Gilbert (Cleveland) and Joe Lacob (Golden State); GMs Bryan Colangelo (Toronto), Mitch Kupchak (Lakers), Kevin O’Connor (Utah) and Sam Presti (Oklahoma City); and coaches Rick Carlisle (Dallas), Lionel Hollins (Memphis) and Doc Rivers (Boston).
LeBron some where shook as hell right now

6 years ago '11        #32
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
space
$2,522 | Props total: 770 770
 enetblazin4eva said:
What about travelling?....................................... .........................................
"Players are now allowed to take 5 steps instead of just 2"

6 years ago '04        #33
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Kadillac87 said:
Dan Gilbert on the committee?

Everything LeBron does will be outlawed

The goaltending rule is good and bad -- a plus on the offensive end, but almost unfair on defense. Games are barely gonna reach 50 points if this rule comes into effect. Every other shot is gonna be swatted out. I kinda want to see it though.

Fining floppers is pointless, but penalizing them would be great. The only problem is flopping can be subjective sometimes, I can guarantee there will be maad arguments to come if this new rule becomes official.
 6 years ago '12        #34
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,493 | Props total: 1072 1072
Javal Mcgee wont benefit from the goaltending rule because he always blocks shots on it's way DOWN, not on the rim or backboard.
 6 years ago '10        #35
teewhy3stax 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$383 | Props total: 63 63
I dont think the goal tending rule is that big of a deal. I feel once that ball touches rim it's fair game. You guys complaining must play under the rim. Im in favor of both rule changes.

6 years ago '10        #36
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,683 | Props total: 203 203
the rule they need to make is the WORST thing in all of sports.. giving somebody "five" after they miss a free throw or make a free throw in between EVERY free throw shot. that sh*t is the gayest thing ever. "good miss", "low-5!"
 05-21-2012, 07:23 PM         #37
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I knew stern was gonna fu*k the league over, thanks to you n*ggas complaining about floppin
 6 years ago '08        #38
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,123 | Props total: 2682 2682
son what is sterns basketball background?
i feel like he has never played a game in his life

fu*k would you change the goaltending rule with these fu*king athletic beast that we have?
we might as well start playing slam ball n*gga

throw some trampolines in this bi*ch
 6 years ago '08        #39
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
 teewhy3stax said:
I dont think the goal tending rule is that big of a deal. I feel once that ball touches rim it's fair game. You guys complaining must play under the rim. Im in favor of both rule changes.

youre retarded.
any shot that doesnt go in all water the dwights and lebrons can just take it off the rim.
its going to be stupid to watch.
 6 years ago '08        #40
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
 NO RELIGION said:
Rule #3

4 year tenure (8 year maximum term) for commissioners.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy