2014 Chevrolet SS Confirmed

most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
62 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
14 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
6792 pageviews
20 comments

ExNihilo 49 heat pts49
space
space
$20,296 | Props total: 22219 22219

Just the Facts:
General Motors confirmed on Thursday that it will offer an Australian-built, V8-powered, rear-wheel-drive sedan badged as the 2014 Chevrolet SS.
The same car also will serve as the base for GM's entry in the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup series and will make its racing debut next February at the Daytona 500, GM said.
The limited-production SS — shorthand for Super Sport — is essentially a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle.

DETROIT — General Motors confirmed on Thursday that it will offer an Australian-built, V8-powered, rear-wheel-drive performance sedan badged as the 2014 Chevrolet SS. The big sedan is slated to go on sale at U.S. dealers in late 2013.

The same car also will serve as the base for GM's entry in the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup series and will make its racing debut next February at the Daytona 500, GM said.

The limited-production SS — shorthand for Super Sport — is essentially a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle that debuted last year. It is also seen by enthusiasts as the successor to the Pontiac G8, which ended production in 2009.

GM executive Bob Lutz telegraphed the automaker's plans nearly three years ago in a blog post, when he said the company considered the G8 "too good to waste" and was considering bringing the sedan back as a Chevrolet Caprice.

All three vehicles — the SS, the Caprice and the G8 — are derivatives of GM's global rear-wheel-drive architecture, known internally as Zeta, which also underpins the Holden Commodore and Caprice in Australia.

Where the Caprice PPV features a 355-horsepower 6.0-liter V8, the 2014 SS is expected to get a version of the larger, more powerful 6.2-liter V8 found in the Chevrolet Camaro SS, which also shares the Zeta architecture.

Mark Reuss, president of GM North America, said in a statement: "As a passionate race fan and performance enthusiast, I am thrilled that Chevrolet will deliver a true rear-wheel-drive NASCAR racecar in the SS that is closely linked to the performance sedan that will be available for sale."

Inside Line says: Finally, the news we've been waiting for since the G8 got cancelled. Should be a great package if the price is right.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

image Thank you Chevy. You heard my prayers. This is going to be my next whip. SO far I've had:

1972 Chevy Impala (Green 2 door rust bucket)
1986 Chevy Camaro RS
1986 Chevy Caprice Classic
1997 Buick Skylark
1997 Chevy Lumina
1993 Chevy Caprice Classic
1999 Toyota Camry
2004 Chevy Impala SS

image Hope this drops in March 2013 with the ltz model.

20 comments for "2014 Chevrolet SS Confirmed"

6 years ago '10        #2
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,010 | Props total: 5735 5735
n*gga where the f*ck you see "Impala" in that quoted paragraph?
 6 years ago '08        #3
ExNihilo 49 heat pts49 OP
space
space
Just reread it and saw "The limited-production SS — shorthand for Super Sport — is essentially a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle that debuted last year. It is also seen by enthusiasts as the successor to the Pontiac G8, which ended production in 2009".

Now I'm

Gotta see how this stacks up to the styling of the Impala. It's gonna mess around and be a sleeper like the GTO/G8. Pissed off, but reading is fundamental. Chevy gonna quit playing with my heart. I'm only getting one car Really want another full size SS sedan but that Imp is tight.
 6 years ago '07        #4
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,410 | Props total: 2526 2526
 LexHeyden said:
Just reread it and saw "The limited-production SS — shorthand for Super Sport — is essentially a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle that debuted last year. It is also seen by enthusiasts as the successor to the Pontiac G8, which ended production in 2009".

Now I'm

Gotta see how this stacks up to the styling of the Impala. It's gonna mess around and be a sleeper like the GTO/G8. Pissed off, but reading is fundamental. Chevy gonna quit playing with my heart. I'm only getting one car Really want another full size SS sedan but that Imp is tight.
You do realize the G8 was a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Car right?

The G8, Caprice, and now the SS are all domestic versions of the Holden Commodore
 6 years ago '09        #5
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1354 1354
 Optimus Crime said:
You do realize the G8 was a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Car right?

The G8, Caprice, and now the SS are all domestic versions of the Holden Commodore
This man is dropping knowledge. Im interested to see how these look. It has been interesting how they have been tweaking the front fascia lately.
 6 years ago '05        #6
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,457 | Props total: 25150 25150
...So They Just Going Call It "SS"? What In The fu*k?....SS What?

I'll Stick With The Classics (4th Gen Camaros, 4th Gen Monte Carlos, Box Caprices, 96 Impala,etc.)
 6 years ago '04        #7
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
bout time someone finally brought back a V8 rwd sedan. GM should have rebranded the G8 when they k!lled off pontiac to keep that car/platform active.

i expect ford to also have some kind of answer tho too.
 6 years ago '04        #8
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
WTF IS THIS sh*t? Is it a 2014 SS Impala or what?
 6 years ago '10        #9
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
They need to bring back the monte carlo
 6 years ago '07        #10
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 Lavares said:
WTF IS THIS sh*t? Is it a 2014 SS Impala or what?
This car is Chevy actually getting something right. The G8 was a great car, and people have been begging for them to bring it back under the Chevy brand name ever since Pontiac went under. It's not an Impala. The Impala is a front wheel drive sedan, and GM will not manufacture a RWD Impala because the Impala is a big fleet seller. So the SS allows them to have a high performance RWD sedan (Which will probably run the Corvette engine) and keep the fleet sales... It's good for consumers... and it's a good business decision...
 6 years ago '04        #11
JayR04 113 heat pts113
space
space
$10,954 | Props total: 5732 5732
 Optimus Crime said:
It's good for consumers... and it's a good business decision...
 6 years ago '08        #12
space
space
 Optimus Crime said:

Yeah, historically Caprice/Impala shared many of the same features/body styling so this would be first time I can recall them being drastically different. Out of boredom I was looking at how much it would have cost to get a Caprice/Commodore/Statesman stateside and if I recall it was close to $90K, but this was a while back.

Optimus Crime said:
This car is Chevy actually getting something right. The G8 was a great car, and people have been begging for them to bring it back under the Chevy brand name ever since Pontiac went under. It's not an Impala. The Impala is a front wheel drive sedan, and GM will not manufacture a RWD Impala because the Impala is a big fleet seller. So the SS allows them to have a high performance RWD sedan (Which will probably run the Corvette engine) and keep the fleet sales... It's good for consumers... and it's a good business decision...
I heard that GM was trying to change the BOLD part about the Impala this go round. They want it to be synonymous with being a higher end brand for Chevy. I could also see them using this to continue marketing the Malibu as "Full Size" rentals. Thanks for the info. Either way I'm amped, can't wait to see the design.
 6 years ago '11        #13
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
G8 BACK G8 BACK GOT ALL THESE bi*chES SCREAMING THAT G8 BACK
 6 years ago '11        #14
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 franchise said:
bout time someone finally brought back a V8 rwd sedan. GM should have rebranded the G8 when they k!lled off pontiac to keep that car/platform active.

i expect ford to also have some kind of answer tho too.
At the peak of the financial crisis who was going to buy a RWD V8 sedan?
 05-22-2012, 01:24 PM         #15
STR8HEAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
still drivin the 98 camry
 6 years ago '07        #16
Nwrig004 
space
space
space
$230 | Props total: 0 0
 STR8HEAT said:
still drivin the 98 camry

Word you pushing the LE or the XLE
 6 years ago '04        #17
facility651 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,770 | Props total: 192 192
hopefully it's a caprice SS much like the 2004....really wish they wouldn't be only available overseas

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #19
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 5K Studios said:

[pic - click to view]

lol the SSR was a mistake... It's a car that spits in the face of the exact customer they were trying to market to. The whole point of a hot rod is to be different, and original. To have a car that no one else has. To put the sweat equity in and create something beautiful that can only be attributed to you... And then Chevy went and tried to mass produce it Plus it was overpriced, underpowered... and just all around a bad choice. It wasn't as bad a choice as the Aztek... But it was a pretty bad decision

LexHeyden said:
I heard that GM was trying to change the BOLD part about the Impala this go round. They want it to be synonymous with being a higher end brand for Chevy. I could also see them using this to continue marketing the Malibu as "Full Size" rentals. Thanks for the info. Either way I'm amped, can't wait to see the design.
Lol yeah... GM said that... But i don't believe them. The Impala was a good riding car, very practical, and decently priced. Just looked like an old man car lmao. A lot of people (including fleet) liked them for their size... So they might say that they're pushing the Malibu as a Full Size rental, but we won't actually know until the market responds. Because I mean they're still going to have an entry level Impala right? (I've been in and out of the car game these past couple of years... School has been cutting into my obsession time lol)

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 05-25-2012 at 10:33 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #20
space
space
 Optimus Crime said:
Lol yeah... GM said that... But i don't believe them. The Impala was a good riding car, very practical, and decently priced. Just looked like an old man car lmao. A lot of people (including fleet) liked them for their size... So they might say that they're pushing the Malibu as a Full Size rental, but we won't actually know until the market responds. Because I mean they're still going to have an entry level Impala right? (I've been in and out of the car game these past couple of years... School has been cutting into my obsession time lol)
The SSR was an automotive abomination. I think this one should have a higher sticker price which will make less major rental companies leary about buying, but i'm pretty sure there will be some here and there...like when I see STRB Chargers and Challengers ride by with the Hertz tag on the back...

[pic - click to view]

Some things should be left to those who work hard for it instead of every stuntin a.ss 18 yr old who gets their older sibling to sign off on a rental

Last edited by ExNihilo; 05-26-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside So BX, you smashin or nah? :dead:
23 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
24 hours ago