2014 Chevrolet SS Confirmed

most viewed right now
 46
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
43 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
100 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside 50 was ready to stab up Suge back in the day
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
6898 pageviews
20 comments


ExNihilo 49 heat pts49
space
avatar space
space
$21,280 | Props total: 25392 25392
2014 Chevrolet SS Confirmed
 

 

Just the Facts:
General Motors confirmed on Thursday that it will offer an Australian-built, V8-powered, rear-wheel-drive sedan badged as the 2014 Chevrolet SS.
The same car also will serve as the base for GM's entry in the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup series and will make its racing debut next February at the Daytona 500, GM said.
The limited-production SS — shorthand for Super Sport — is essentially a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle.

DETROIT — General Motors confirmed on Thursday that it will offer an Australian-built, V8-powered, rear-wheel-drive performance sedan badged as the 2014 Chevrolet SS. The big sedan is slated to go on sale at U.S. dealers in late 2013.

The same car also will serve as the base for GM's entry in the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup series and will make its racing debut next February at the Daytona 500, GM said.

The limited-production SS — shorthand for Super Sport — is essentially a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle that debuted last year. It is also seen by enthusiasts as the successor to the Pontiac G8, which ended production in 2009.

GM executive Bob Lutz telegraphed the automaker's plans nearly three years ago in a blog post, when he said the company considered the G8 "too good to waste" and was considering bringing the sedan back as a Chevrolet Caprice.

All three vehicles — the SS, the Caprice and the G8 — are derivatives of GM's global rear-wheel-drive architecture, known internally as Zeta, which also underpins the Holden Commodore and Caprice in Australia.

Where the Caprice PPV features a 355-horsepower 6.0-liter V8, the 2014 SS is expected to get a version of the larger, more powerful 6.2-liter V8 found in the Chevrolet Camaro SS, which also shares the Zeta architecture.

Mark Reuss, president of GM North America, said in a statement: "As a passionate race fan and performance enthusiast, I am thrilled that Chevrolet will deliver a true rear-wheel-drive NASCAR racecar in the SS that is closely linked to the performance sedan that will be available for sale."

Inside Line says: Finally, the news we've been waiting for since the G8 got cancelled. Should be a great package if the price is right.

[pic - click to view]





[pic - click to view]

 2014 Chevrolet SS Confirmed

image Thank you Chevy. You heard my prayers. This is going to be my next whip. SO far I've had:

1972 Chevy Impala (Green 2 door rust bucket)
1986 Chevy Camaro RS
1986 Chevy Caprice Classic
1997 Buick Skylark
1997 Chevy Lumina
1993 Chevy Caprice Classic
1999 Toyota Camry
2004 Chevy Impala SS

image Hope this drops in March 2013 with the ltz model.

20 comments for "2014 Chevrolet SS Confirmed"

 6 years ago '10        #2
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$4,357 | Props total: 6878 6878
n*gga where the f*ck you see "Impala" in that quoted paragraph?
 6 years ago '08        #3
ExNihilo 49 heat pts49 OP
space
avatar space
space
$21,280 | Props total: 25392 25392
Just reread it and saw "The limited-production SS — shorthand for Super Sport — is essentially a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle that debuted last year. It is also seen by enthusiasts as the successor to the Pontiac G8, which ended production in 2009".

Now I'm

Gotta see how this stacks up to the styling of the Impala. It's gonna mess around and be a sleeper like the GTO/G8. Pissed off, but reading is fundamental. Chevy gonna quit playing with my heart. I'm only getting one car Really want another full size SS sedan but that Imp is tight.
 6 years ago '07        #4
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,083 | Props total: 3994 3994
 LexHeyden said:
Just reread it and saw "The limited-production SS — shorthand for Super Sport — is essentially a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle that debuted last year. It is also seen by enthusiasts as the successor to the Pontiac G8, which ended production in 2009".

Now I'm

Gotta see how this stacks up to the styling of the Impala. It's gonna mess around and be a sleeper like the GTO/G8. Pissed off, but reading is fundamental. Chevy gonna quit playing with my heart. I'm only getting one car Really want another full size SS sedan but that Imp is tight.
You do realize the G8 was a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Car right?

The G8, Caprice, and now the SS are all domestic versions of the Holden Commodore
 6 years ago '09        #5
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,534 | Props total: 1816 1816
 Optimus Crime said:
You do realize the G8 was a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Car right?

The G8, Caprice, and now the SS are all domestic versions of the Holden Commodore
This man is dropping knowledge. Im interested to see how these look. It has been interesting how they have been tweaking the front fascia lately.
 6 years ago '05        #6
Fresh|B 996 heat pts996
space
avatar space
space
$44,031 | Props total: 28498 28498
...So They Just Going Call It "SS"? What In The fu*k?....SS What?

I'll Stick With The Classics (4th Gen Camaros, 4th Gen Monte Carlos, Box Caprices, 96 Impala,etc.)
 6 years ago '04        #7
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 309 309
bout time someone finally brought back a V8 rwd sedan. GM should have rebranded the G8 when they k!lled off pontiac to keep that car/platform active.

i expect ford to also have some kind of answer tho too.
 6 years ago '04        #8
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$10,393 | Props total: 31 31
WTF IS THIS sh*t? Is it a 2014 SS Impala or what?
 6 years ago '10        #9
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$10,649 | Props total: 1720 1720
They need to bring back the monte carlo
 6 years ago '07        #10
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,083 | Props total: 3994 3994
 Lavares said:
WTF IS THIS sh*t? Is it a 2014 SS Impala or what?
This car is Chevy actually getting something right. The G8 was a great car, and people have been begging for them to bring it back under the Chevy brand name ever since Pontiac went under. It's not an Impala. The Impala is a front wheel drive sedan, and GM will not manufacture a RWD Impala because the Impala is a big fleet seller. So the SS allows them to have a high performance RWD sedan (Which will probably run the Corvette engine) and keep the fleet sales... It's good for consumers... and it's a good business decision...
 6 years ago '04        #11
JayR04 116 heat pts116
space
avatar space
space
$11,315 | Props total: 6821 6821
 Optimus Crime said:
It's good for consumers... and it's a good business decision...
 6 years ago '08        #12
ExNihilo 49 heat pts49 OP
space
avatar space
space
$21,280 | Props total: 25392 25392
 Optimus Crime said:
You do realize the G8 was a civilian version of the Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Car right?

The G8, Caprice, and now the SS are all domestic versions of the Holden Commodore
Yeah, historically Caprice/Impala shared many of the same features/body styling so this would be first time I can recall them being drastically different. Out of boredom I was looking at how much it would have cost to get a Caprice/Commodore/Statesman stateside and if I recall it was close to $90K, but this was a while back.

 Optimus Crime said:
This car is Chevy actually getting something right. The G8 was a great car, and people have been begging for them to bring it back under the Chevy brand name ever since Pontiac went under. It's not an Impala. The Impala is a front wheel drive sedan, and GM will not manufacture a RWD Impala because the Impala is a big fleet seller. So the SS allows them to have a high performance RWD sedan (Which will probably run the Corvette engine) and keep the fleet sales... It's good for consumers... and it's a good business decision...
I heard that GM was trying to change the BOLD part about the Impala this go round. They want it to be synonymous with being a higher end brand for Chevy. I could also see them using this to continue marketing the Malibu as "Full Size" rentals. Thanks for the info. Either way I'm amped, can't wait to see the design.
 6 years ago '11        #13
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4732 4732
G8 BACK G8 BACK GOT ALL THESE bi*chES SCREAMING THAT G8 BACK
 6 years ago '11        #14
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4732 4732
 franchise said:
bout time someone finally brought back a V8 rwd sedan. GM should have rebranded the G8 when they k!lled off pontiac to keep that car/platform active.

i expect ford to also have some kind of answer tho too.
At the peak of the financial crisis who was going to buy a RWD V8 sedan?
 05-22-2012, 12:24 PM         #15
STR8HEAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
still drivin the 98 camry
 6 years ago '07        #16
Nwrig004 
space
space
space
$230 | Props total: 0 0
 STR8HEAT said:
still drivin the 98 camry

Word you pushing the LE or the XLE
 6 years ago '04        #17
facility651 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,780 | Props total: 192 192
hopefully it's a caprice SS much like the 2004....really wish they wouldn't be only available overseas


[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]



[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '07        #19
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,083 | Props total: 3994 3994
 5K Studios said:

[pic - click to view]

lol the SSR was a mistake... It's a car that spits in the face of the exact customer they were trying to market to. The whole point of a hot rod is to be different, and original. To have a car that no one else has. To put the sweat equity in and create something beautiful that can only be attributed to you... And then Chevy went and tried to mass produce it Plus it was overpriced, underpowered... and just all around a bad choice. It wasn't as bad a choice as the Aztek... But it was a pretty bad decision

 LexHeyden said:
I heard that GM was trying to change the BOLD part about the Impala this go round. They want it to be synonymous with being a higher end brand for Chevy. I could also see them using this to continue marketing the Malibu as "Full Size" rentals. Thanks for the info. Either way I'm amped, can't wait to see the design.
Lol yeah... GM said that... But i don't believe them. The Impala was a good riding car, very practical, and decently priced. Just looked like an old man car lmao. A lot of people (including fleet) liked them for their size... So they might say that they're pushing the Malibu as a Full Size rental, but we won't actually know until the market responds. Because I mean they're still going to have an entry level Impala right? (I've been in and out of the car game these past couple of years... School has been cutting into my obsession time lol)


Last edited by Optimus Crime; 05-25-2012 at 09:33 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #20
ExNihilo 49 heat pts49 OP
space
avatar space
space
$21,280 | Props total: 25392 25392
 Optimus Crime said:
Lol yeah... GM said that... But i don't believe them. The Impala was a good riding car, very practical, and decently priced. Just looked like an old man car lmao. A lot of people (including fleet) liked them for their size... So they might say that they're pushing the Malibu as a Full Size rental, but we won't actually know until the market responds. Because I mean they're still going to have an entry level Impala right? (I've been in and out of the car game these past couple of years... School has been cutting into my obsession time lol)
The SSR was an automotive abomination. I think this one should have a higher sticker price which will make less major rental companies leary about buying, but i'm pretty sure there will be some here and there...like when I see STRB Chargers and Challengers ride by with the Hertz tag on the back...

[pic - click to view]



Some things should be left to those who work hard for it instead of every stuntin a.ss 18 yr old who gets their older sibling to sign off on a rental


Last edited by ExNihilo; 05-26-2012 at 10:25 AM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
60 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Jose Guapo out here down bad
61 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside Battle Rap Legend NEMS returning to the stage... vs. HEAD ICE!!!
18 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside k dot kicks w**** girl off stage for n****
614 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 3
2008-2018: The New Wave Where are they Now?
125 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy