Black Hippy VS Slaughterhouse

most viewed right now
 79
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
95 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Who Y'all Got Right Now?
Black Hippy 42 72.41%
SH 16 27.59%
Voters: 58. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
if you're talking about technical emceeing and whatnot SH gets it, but Black Hippy is putting out way better quality music the last year and they mesh together much better than SH.

Black Hippy feels like a group of guys who are good friends and who have been working together forever with much better chemistry, while SH feels more of a forced group of dope rappers who try to out rap each other and think because they can all spit their music will be super amazing or something. They make good music too and all, but they ain't fu*kin' with Kendrick, Q, Soul, and Jay Rock right now.


Last edited by Philly B; 05-20-2012 at 08:54 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #22
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 REAL_NESS said:
Well then I'll fill you in. K.Dot's flow may be heavily westcoast based but hes evolved and if you aint know he was from the West, I would doubt you would could guess it, peep Overly Dedicated

And Jay Rock has a rugged project n*gga flow and could easily pass as an east coast cat. Plus when you look at their content, despite where they from they are just as unique as SH if not more
No thanks, I don't like what Kendrick does with his voice that's why I don't listen to him.

But I got family out in Watts & I hear it loud and clear through his flow. I suppose it could pass but like I said he exudes west coast more than any other rapper in TDE than SbQ who's the most west coast of them all.

Content wise do you mean lyrically? There are coast restrictive subject matters but I feel like SH would be more well rounded. I'm a.ssuming Joe talks about everything, again I don't listen to him. Royce gives you the midwest vibe lyrically, same with Crooked for the west coast. There are universal subject matters that all of them can speak on, but speaking strictly comparison wise I have to disagree, SH is more well rounded...
 05-20-2012, 09:03 PM         #23
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
No thanks, I don't like what Kendrick does with his voice that's why I don't listen to him.

But I got family out in Watts & I hear it loud and clear through his flow. I suppose it could pass but like I said he exudes west coast more than any other rapper in TDE than SbQ who's the most west coast of them all.

Content wise do you mean lyrically? There are coast restrictive subject matters but I feel like SH would be more well rounded. I'm a.ssuming Joe talks about everything, again I don't listen to him. Royce gives you the midwest vibe lyrically, same with Crooked for the west coast. There are universal subject matters that all of them can speak on, but speaking strictly comparison wise I have to disagree, SH is more well rounded...
Content I mean what the actually rap about. Generally speaking, Ab soul is more abstract with his rhymes, K.Dot plays that nice kid living in the hood card, Q is on his smoke weed, fu*k bi*ches steez and Jay Rock is on that project hood n*gga sh*t (again generally speaking)

You cant say Royce has a "midwest sound" because what does that even mean? Detroit, Chicago and St. Louis have different sounds in general.

And Crooked I has never been considered a conventional west coast artist with hos flow, wordplay and lyrics. Thats what makes Crooked special
 6 years ago '11        #24
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 REAL_NESS said:
Content I mean what the actually rap about. Generally speaking, Ab soul is more abstract with his rhymes, K.Dot plays that nice kid living in the hood card, Q is on his smoke weed, fu*k bi*ches steez and Jay Rock is on that project hood n*gga sh*t (again generally speaking)

You cant say Royce has a "midwest sound" because what does that even mean? Detroit, Chicago and St. Louis have different sounds in general.

And Crooked I has never been considered a conventional west coast artist with hos flow, wordplay and lyrics. Thats what makes Crooked special
Ok then well like I said before lyrically you can hear the west coast through all of them in TDE. I can pull how many times Soulo spoke on west coast life on Control System if you want me to. Abstract or not it his subject matter for the most part is convened on the west coast, it's just scatted since there's so much to the west coast life style. Same with Kendrick + Jay Rock & their life on the west coast. It's still all west coast.

And when I say midwest sound I don't mean the entire midwest, come on now. I don't know about you but when I hear an artist I can usually pinpoint where they're from through cadence and subject matter. It usually doesn't matter who it is. All of the regions have different sub-cultures but there's a region specific sound that they fall under. That's how Royce is. The west coast has different sounds as well, check the Bay & SoCal sounds.

In relation to what I said above Crooked still gives off that west coast vibe to me. If you don't hear it then you don't...
 6 years ago '11        #25
Blue Dream 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,448 | Props total: 594 594
So this is the part where the Kendrick Lamar stannery starts to kick into overdrive and spill over onto anyone affiliated with him
 05-20-2012, 09:14 PM         #26
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Ok then well like I said before lyrically you can hear the west coast through all of them in TDE. I can pull how many times Soulo spoke on west coast life on Control System if you want me to. Abstract or not it his subject matter for the most part is convened on the west coast, it's just scatted since there's so much to the west coast life style. Same with Kendrick + Jay Rock & their life on the west coast. It's still all west cost.

And when I say midwest sound I don't mean the entire midwest, come on now. I don't know about you but when I hear an artist I can usually pinpoint where they're from through cadence and subject matter. It usually doesn't matter who it is. All of the regions have different sub-cultures but there's a region specific sound that they fall under. That's how Royce is. The west coast has different sounds as well, check the Bay & SoCal sounds.

In relation to what I said above Crooked still gives off that west coast vibe to me. If you don't hear it then you don't...
Agree to disagree then. You admitted to you dont listen to KDot so thats a wash

Plus its listener's bias. Because you KNOW where all these guys are from so its easy to notice slang, cadence, and speech that speaks to where they from city or region wise. Its not what you mean, its what you say. Because regardless, the midwest isnt a small isolated region.

In reality, you can't put any of these artists in a nice neat box based on what region they are from
 6 years ago '11        #27
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
I can't even understand what the main artist in black hippy is talking about





SH easily
 6 years ago '04        #28
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
 Blue Dream said:
So this is the part where the Kendrick Lamar stannery starts to kick into overdrive and spill over onto anyone affiliated with him
nah sbq is dope as hell

jay rock holds his own weight

and ab-soul being my least favorite just shocked everybody with his album

they aint no triple C's n*gga they get busy
 6 years ago '11        #29
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 REAL_NESS said:
Agree to disagree then. You admitted to you dont listen to KDot so thats a wash

Plus its listener's bias. Because you KNOW where all these guys are from so its easy to notice slang, cadence, and speech that speaks to where they from city or region wise. Its not what you mean, its what you say. Because regardless, the midwest isnt a small isolated region.

In reality, you can't put any of these artists in a nice neat box based on what region they are from
...I wasn't talking about Kendrick like I did listen to him, I was only going off of what you told me so if it's "a wash" that's nobody's fault but yours.

And yeah, "in reality" I can put rappers in categories based on region. It's really not nearly as hard as you're making it out to be, you just have to know a lot about each culture & each sound to know what to expect. I was raised on both southern & west coast sounds and know the midwest sound pretty well too. If you know these like I do as well as others it's not hard to pinpoint where an artist is from and categorize them accordingly.

But whatever, agree to disagree...
 6 years ago '11        #30
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 1220 1220
 Kingpin 313 said:
I can't even understand what the main artist in black hippy is talking about

SH easily
So you're a dumbass?
 6 years ago '11        #31
Blue Dream 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,448 | Props total: 594 594
 DSOM said:
nah sbq is dope as hell

jay rock holds his own weight

and ab-soul being my least favorite just shocked everybody with his album

they aint no triple C's n*gga they get busy
But Crooked is easily one of the best on the west coast right now, and definitely better than Lamar, who's their strongest member. I'd say both Joe and Crooked are better than the entire TDE from a songwriting and technical standpoint respectively.

It's not knocking TDE, they're just picking up steam, but it's hype to say they comparing to SH. I mean, they got Taylor Gang beat tho.
 05-20-2012, 09:24 PM         #32
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
...I wasn't talking about Kendrick like I did listen to him, I was only going off of what you told me so if it's "a wash" that's nobody's fault but yours.

And yeah, "in reality" I can put rappers in categories based on region. It's really not nearly as hard as you're making it out to be, you just have to know a lot about each culture & each sound to know what to expect. I was raised on both southern & west coast sounds and know the midwest sound pretty well too. If you know these like I do as well as others it's not hard to pinpoint where an artist is from and categorize them accordingly.

But whatever, agree to disagree...
You couldnt have gone off what i said because I never said KDot's style was all west-coast, its a wash because you dont listen yet you grouped BH as not well-rounded because they are all west and you are wrong. Versatility isnt just about where you are from, bottom-line

Putting someone in a category based on where they are from is different then generalizing their sound strictly based on where they from.

For example: I can be from Jersey and my slang is a reflection of the area I grew up in but my music and content can be heavily influenced from Outkast, Scarface (who is orignally from jersey) and UGK. So trying to fit me in a neat box can't be done
 6 years ago '11        #33
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 1220 1220
 Blue Dream said:
But Crooked is easily one of the best on the west coast right now, and definitely better than Lamar, who's their strongest member. I'd say both Joe and Crooked are better than the entire TDE from a songwriting and technical standpoint respectively.

It's not knocking TDE, they're just picking up steam, but it's hype to say they comparing to SH. I mean, they got Taylor Gang beat tho.
The problem with SH is they have trouble making songs, Black Hippy is great at it from what they've shown.

SH is getting better though, Hammer Dance was dope
 6 years ago '07        #34
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
Slaughterhouse is filled with Lyricist..n*ggaz is fu*kin a.ssassins on the mic

TDE is filled with a bunch of creative n*ggaz since KDot and Schoolboy switched there flow to being on the more creative tip.

If I wanna hear straight lyrics im going with slaughterhouse

If I wanna hear some creative well polished song Im going with TDE

Its a toss up

 6 years ago '11        #35
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 REAL_NESS said:
You couldnt have gone off what i said because I never said KDot's style was all west-coast, its a wash because you dont listen yet you grouped BH as not well-rounded because they are all west and you are wrong. Versatility isnt just about where you are from, bottom-line

Putting someone in a category based on where they are from is different then generalizing their sound strictly based on where they from.

For example: I can be from Jersey and my slang is a reflection of the area I grew up in but my music and content can be heavily influenced from Outkast, Scarface (who is orignally from jersey) and UGK. So trying to fit me in a neat box can't be done
I didn't say you said that. You said that Kendrick's subject matter is about his life right. Where? On the west coast. I mean dude it's not even hard to see how I'm making these connections. I also never said TDE wasn't well rounded, I said they weren't as well rounded as Slaughterhouse since they don't have the different regions represented in it. Maybe had you not been tryin to prove someone "wrong" you'd realize this.

And the one thing that's seeming to fly over your head is that it's not necessarily about where you're from but how you sound. Remember how many times I used that word? I used the region specific ones because they fitted for the argument. But let's take J. Cole for example. He's southern born but has heavy NY influence. At times you can hear both but more often than not he'll sound like an east coast rapper. The SOUND is important, but the sound is region specific, so miss me with all this noise...
 05-20-2012, 09:35 PM         #36
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
I didn't say you said that. You said that Kendrick's subject matter is about his life right. Where? On the west coast. I mean dude it's not even hard to see how I'm making these connections. I also never said TDE wasn't well rounded, I said they weren't as well rounded as Slaughterhouse since they don't have the different regions represented in it. Maybe had you not been tryin to prove someone "wrong" you'd realize this.

And the one thing that's seeming to fly over your head is that it's not necessarily about where you're from but how you sound. Remember how many times I used that word? I used the region specific ones because they fitted for the argument. But let's take J. Cole for example. He's southern born but has heavy NY influence. At times you can hear both but more often than not he'll sound like an east coast rapper. The SOUND is important, but the sound is region specific, so miss me with all this noise...
I'm not trying to prove you "wrong". thats your own insecurities. It's a discussion

And you're are proving me right with using J.Cole, so you need to take your "noise" somewhere else. You started out civilized but for some reason you're getting tight.

You voted for SH even though you said you barely listened to either group, yet you're typing up paragraphs just because I DISAGREE with you that TDE is not as well-rounded as SH?
 6 years ago '11        #37
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 ballergenetics said:
Again...that's more of a knock on you than it is Kendrick.
No its not because I'm the only person that says it if he ever get bigger in the mainstream alot more people will be saying the samething


 norcal925 said:
So you're a dumbass?
So not speaking foreign makes me a dumbass?
 6 years ago '10        #38
knowlege bass 
space
avatar space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
Not going to vote, love what both of these crews are bringing to the game. Slaughterhouse as individuals have paid their dues, as a group they are really just starting. Technically excellent emcees who could not blow up who have come together and at least get some tax write off money from Em. I like all the emcees from SH and Budden is one of my top 10 right now emcees. However over the last 18 mths for me personally I have enjoyed the Black Hippy projects more. I cant really compare them though mainly because there hasnt been a full length Black Hippy album and also I get different things from the 2 collectives.
 6 years ago '04        #39
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
 Blue Dream said:
But Crooked is easily one of the best on the west coast right now, and definitely better than Lamar, who's their strongest member. I'd say both Joe and Crooked are better than the entire TDE from a songwriting and technical standpoint respectively.

It's not knocking TDE, they're just picking up steam, but it's hype to say they comparing to SH. I mean, they got Taylor Gang beat tho.
I agree and thats the same thing i was saying. its hard to compare them because the only thing in common is the structure of the groups.

its a bit to early to compare

SH has too much material and n*ggas are just being str8 up disrespectful calling them n*ggas washed up or lacking the ability to make songs. they make lyrical songs because theyre from a different era. those lyrical songs USED to get club play until n*ggas dumbed the music down to short yellow bus status.

tde makes makes more social songs that the 20 something wanna hear, but that doesnt mean SH is washed up. especially when they just got the biggest deal of their careers, that doesnt make any sense. n*ggas that are rooting for tde to win should be rooting for them n*ggas to win too because eventually TDe will be in the same position and we gotta stop trying to cut the good rappers careers so short just become they are a certain age. this aint sports.
 05-20-2012, 09:43 PM         #40
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nah, I agree with y'all. Slaughterhouse aint washed up.

We need to get off that age-limit bullsh*t in hip-hop if we want the culture to grow. I guess people seem to be living in the moment right now and voting more for BH than SH. I aint expect that, I though SH would get many votes.

But I can feel y'all about needing a complete black hippy album but I feel they do have a good amount of material to judge them
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 101
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
81 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 84
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 78
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 43
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
51 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 26
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
53 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy