Kobe back on his blame game...throws Pau under the bus again

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
8808 pageviews
94 comments

blazerock 9 heat pts
space
space
$973 | Props total: 91 91
Kobe back on his blame game...throws Pau under the bus again

LOS ANGELES -- There was plenty of blame to go around after the Los Angeles Lakers squandered a 13-point fourth quarter lead during their 103-100 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder Saturday night. Kobe Bryant hoped for more aggressiveness from the Lakers All-Star forward Pau Gasol.

"Pau's got to be more a.ssertive," Bryant said. "He's the guy out there that we need. When he's getting the ball he's looking to pass. He's got to be aggressive. He's got to shoot the ball. He's got to drive the ball to the basket and he will in the next game."

Gasol didn't attempt a field goal in the fourth quarter and passed up perhaps his best look of the quarter with 33.9 seconds left with the game tied at 98. He threw a soft pass to Kevin Durant, who hit a 3-pointer to put the Thunder up 101-98 with 13.7 seconds left. Oklahoma City now takes a 3-1 series lead back home for Game 5 on Monday.

"It was just a bad read," Bryant said of Gasol's turnover. "It was just a bad read on Pau's part. It happens."

More Thunder-Lakers Coverage

What can't happen in Bryant's eyes, however, is Gasol being passive on offense when Oklahoma City's defense keys in on him and Andrew Bynum.

"He's just looking to swing the ball too much, he's just got to shoot it," Bryant said of Gasol. "We played pretty much the same way the entire game. The second half what they did was front Andrew, so when they front Andrew and in the fourth quarter they crowd me, the other guys have to be more aggressive, simple as that."

After the game, Gasol had no excuse for his key turnover but made it clear that it wasn't the difference in the game.

"It's definitely one play, one mistake, but there was a lot of mistakes in that fourth quarter and a lot of mistakes during the game," Gasol said. "Obviously if I could've gone back, maybe I could've shot it, and I would've. But it's one play -- obviously at a critical time -- but I don't feel like we lost the game on one turnover. There's plenty of bad plays or mistakes in the fourth."

Although Gasol would like to be more a.ssertive on offense, he said he was simply trying to make the best play at the end of the game by finding the open player.

"If you look, I didn't take a shot the whole fourth quarter," Gasol said. "That's a reality, too. I always try to make the right play, I try to get in the lane, I saw the defense collapse on me and I thought I had a good look to [Metta World Peace] open at the 3-point line. It's a play that I made a bunch of times. But obviously his length helped him get that steal. I could've shot it. I could've kept dribbling and maybe posted up. I could've done something else. But I'm a guy that makes pretty good reads out there."

World Peace did his best to take the blame for Gasol's turnover after the game.

"I support him," World Peace said. "I'll take the blame for that. Maybe I should've cut. He saw me open, I should've cut. It's my fault."

While Gasol didn't attempt a shot in the final period, Bryant was 2-for-10, missing both of his 3-point attempts. Bryant said the shots he took late in the game were out of necessity with his teammates, Gasol in particular, not being aggressive enough.

"The shots that I took were tough shots," Bryant said. "I was forced to take tough shots and they didn't fall for me tonight. I made a couple, I felt like I got fouled on a couple and didn't get the whistle but still they were tough looks. So either we have to free myself up to get better looks in the fourth quarter or other guys have to be aggressive, one or the other."

Gasol, who has had to take a diminished role offensively this season behind Bryant and Bynum, said he would like to be more aggressive but simply didn't have any looks in the final quarter except for the one he wished he wouldn't have passed up.

"I am unselfish, sometimes that kind of plays against me," Gasol said. "But no looks, I really didn't have no looks all quarter long. That was a look that I had but unfortunately I made a mistake."

[pic - click to view]

Source

94 comments for "Kobe back on his blame game...throws Pau under the bus again"

6 years ago '06        #2
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,946 | Props total: 487 487
Come on down to south beach gasol
 6 years ago '11        #3
MakeItHappen456 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,200 | Props total: 1612 1612
 samsin420 said:
Lol for what ? Haslem and anthony ?
 6 years ago '11        #4
Lucky Lefty14 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,217 | Props total: 65 65
I don't see anything wrong with what Kobe said, but he should admit he fu*ked up tho.
 6 years ago '04        #5
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
 Armen87 said:
Give us nosh and Cole bi*ch
More like

Pau for Bosh and James

James Jones n*ggas, calm down
 05-20-2012, 12:24 PM         #6
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrimeyKevin said:
kobe has 5 rings and makes 30 mil a year

6 years ago '09        #7
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,024 | Props total: 22356 22356

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #8
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
Pau + Sessions for Wade

Why would Miami trade for a guard that can't shoot lol... Lebron handles the ball so sessions would be pointless on that team... n*gga is a terrible shooter
 6 years ago '07        #9
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,469 | Props total: 14935 14935
 samsin420 said:
who else does lebron need
 6 years ago '05        #10
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 Armen87 said:
Give us nosh and Cole bi*ch
and?

no thx, rather have Bosh than Pau...

Pau is more pus*y than Bosh is...
 6 years ago '04        #11
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Saying he needs to be more aggressive is throwing him under the bus?
 6 years ago '11        #12
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,050 | Props total: 3201 3201
pau needs to man up and punch kobe in his fkn mouth..he took the big out the game started chuckin and blames pau

Last edited by DRAGONFLY JONES; 05-20-2012 at 01:38 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #13
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,413 | Props total: 12353 12353
I love Kobe as a player but he has been a real bi*ch lately out there. Blaming a n*gga when it aint his fault is the last straw. Kobe needs to man the fu*k up and say I blew this sh*t and I need to take a step back and let the other guys lead us to victory.
 05-20-2012, 01:39 PM         #14
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That dumb a.ss pass from Pau did essentially lose them the game though Kobe threw up some bullsh*t after that but that turnover from Pau swung all the momentum to OKC and they pretty much won that sh*t then and there
 6 years ago '07        #15
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,469 | Props total: 14935 14935

[video - click to view]

what happen to this now you want pau to shoot
 6 years ago '04        #16
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Pau needs to start hitting that mid range jumper again, for one.
 6 years ago '11        #17
DCballer40 
space
space
space
$2,875 | Props total: 165 165
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I love Kobe as a player but he has been a real bi*ch lately out there. Blaming a n*gga when it aint his fault is the last straw. Kobe needs to man the fu*k up and say I blew this sh*t and I need to take a step back and let the other guys lead us to victory.
Bullsh*t...Im 90% sure Pau told Kobe to look for him out of the timeout knowing they would hard double Kobe on that pick and roll. Kobe passed it to him KNOWING he would shoot it. This idiot Pau knew he would shoot it too...until the ball actually got to him and the pressure of the moment caused him to pass it out. That n*gga choked...PERIOD
 6 years ago '06        #18
jj01 
space
space
$44,956 | Props total: 4677 4677
he had no rhythm because he had no chance to since bean was playing hero ball.

tired of this pos getting a pass for his own fu*k ups.
 6 years ago '06        #19
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
Kobe should shut the fu*k up. I'm getting sicker of this dude as he gets older.
 6 years ago '07        #20
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,782 | Props total: 14590 14590
I remember when Kobe used to take the blame. This arrogant Kobe is funny.

"So either we have to free myself up to get better looks in the fourth quarter or other guys have to be aggressive, one or the other."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy