"Don't be surprised if Warner Bros. and Christopher Nolan take on a Justice League movie soon."

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
7356 pageviews
78 comments

Stuart Scott 200 heat pts200
space
space
$25,272 | Props total: 19772 19772
"Don't be surprised if Warner Bros. and Christopher Nolan take on a Justice League movie soon."

[pic - click to view]

You'd think that between Batman's utility belt, Wonder Woman's invisible jet and Superman's icy breath of righteousness, the Justice League would be able to get something done on a big screen—especially given that The Avengers just hoovered up an obscene billion dollars in box office income.

But no. For years, Warner Bros. has struggled to bring their own answers to Iron Man and Hulk to the big screen. Here's why you won't be seeing such an august lineup in 2013:

Various factors have conspired to k!ll a live-action JLA movie, and not just in the past 12 months. This is a boondoggle that, for years, had actual script writers working on it, real actors attached to it, a director signed on to it.

The most credible attempt to bring together the world's greatest superheroes in live-action form started in 2007. Warner Bros. hired a couple of screenwriters to draw up a story, and the studio liked it. Mad Max director George Miller agreed to direct the project; things looked pretty sunny for comic book fans worldwide. There was even a nice, fat, reported budget of something like $220 million.

The following year, when shooting was supposed to start, Warner put the show on hold because, it said, it wanted to tinker with the script. Thing is, the writer's strike was on, so no tinkering could occur, and the options for the cast lapsed.

What kind of cast, you ask? How about Adam Brody as the Flash, and rapper/actor Common as Green Lantern? How about—wait for it—Armie Hammer as Batman? Really. Yes. This, according to reports at the time, was going to happen.

But between then and now, Warner's attitude toward a single JLA movie has, apparently, changed. The studio indicated it wanted to keep all of its heroes separate for a few years before reconsidering a conglomerate à la Avengers. By 2010, the news was official: The JLA project, as it was, had been canceled.

Though there have been rumors that Warner Bros. has been talking about a fresh stab at a JLA, no concrete announcements have emerged. I reached out to several contacts at Warner Bros. to ask whether anything has changed, but the studio was silent on the matter. (The president of DC Entertainment has said that the comic book house has no plans of developing an ensemble movie, either.)

All that said, there is hope: The Hollywood Reporter's Borys Kit seem to think that a JLA movie could happen, and sooner than you think.

"Don't be surprised," he wrote recently, "if Warners—and [Dark Knight director Christopher] Nolan—take on a Justice League movie soon."

Is it too late to get Armie Hammer in a leotard?

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

The Avengers Made $1 Billion, So Will Batman and Superman Do a Justice League Movie Now? - E! Online

78 comments for ""Don't be surprised if Warner Bros. and Christopher Nolan take on a Justice League movie soon.""

6 years ago '06        #2
SM 38217 heat pts38217
space
space
$128,097 | Props total: 68140 68140
 6 years ago '06        #3
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,991 | Props total: 4022 4022

I haven't even watched that clusterfu*k movie The Avengers and don't plan to. Nolan should stay away.
 6 years ago '07        #4
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,797 | Props total: 14598 14598
If so I hope its just produced and overseen by him not him directing. The Avengers wasn't a cluckerfu*k Storch.
 6 years ago '05        #5
Stuart Scott 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
 Storchaveli said:

I haven't even watched that clusterfu*k movie The Avengers and don't plan to. Nolan should stay away.
Movie wasn't bad at all imo. Surprised you haven't seen in Storch. Overrated, but still a good movie.
 05-17-2012, 01:35 PM         #6
Jack.Nappier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can c if they were smart they would start with a jla movie where the villian(s) win (or dont get defeated so to speak) and connect every solo movie after the movie connect with the villian(s) from the jla movie then connect to a second jla movie where they defeat the villian
 05-17-2012, 01:39 PM         #7
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not gonna happen...

Nolan has made it perfectly clear... He's done making Batman films.
 6 years ago '05        #8
Stuart Scott 200 heat pts200 OP
space
space
 Jack.Nappier said:
i can c if they were smart they would start with a jla movie where the villian(s) win (or dont get defeated so to speak) and connect every solo movie after the movie connect with the villian(s) from the jla movie then connect to a second jla movie where they defeat the villian

Chris Nolan is that you?
 6 years ago '08        #9
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,113 | Props total: 23357 23357
That would be a terrible idea.
 6 years ago '05        #10
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Hell no. Dont do it. Bless em with TDKR and be out.
 6 years ago '07        #11
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
I'll believe it when I hear it from the god himself.

I'll ask him tonight during prayer.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #12
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,411 | Props total: 422 422
Will never work. Atleast get a good dc movie enjoyable outside of Batman
 6 years ago '04        #13
CodyThaGod 
space
space
$347 | Props total: 74 74
Nolan is done with his batman trilogy but he is producing the new superman movie. Him staying on and overseeing more WB DC Comic movies is sort of a given.
 6 years ago '09        #14
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,838 | Props total: 17953 17953
 AnyGiven said:
Will never work. Atleast get a good dc movie enjoyable outside of Batman

JLA movie will not happen. So far they havent even got Superman right and Green Lantern was a bomb....
 6 years ago '09        #15
spider-man 1 heat pts
space
space
$389 | Props total: 56 56
You might not get a jla movie..yet.. but u WILL get some type of movie of a group setting based off the success of the avengers.. lets not be naive here, this sh*t is supply and demand and DC can still be effective if they go about sh*t right ..my case and point.. a teen titans movie would shut sh*t down...especially if they add ONE JLA MEMBER to it as a mentor be it batman or supes.. it's all in the approach....
 6 years ago '07        #16
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,630 | Props total: 2474 2474
yeahhhh
 6 years ago '04        #17
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,177 | Props total: 892 892
i remember in I Am Legend, there was a billboard for Batman Superman Movie...i was thinking that sumthin was in the works...

but I hope they doet rush to put it out, and if they do, they use the same writers from the cartoon or the writers from Young Justice, because those shows was tha sh*t!!!
 6 years ago '04        #18
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,449 | Props total: 6518 6518
its going to happen one day with the success of the avengers. just don't know when since all the rest of the dc movies have been bad
 05-17-2012, 06:00 PM         #19
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t won't happen if it does for awhile. All the set-up movies they'd have to do. New batman as well = reboot.

Would be interesting tho
 6 years ago '09        #20
minnesota763 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,752 | Props total: 8 8
would be interesting on their take of the justice league movie... the dark knight rises has an 8 year time jump from the 2nd movie, batman could've been helping the justice league. its possible they can get it together if they wanted, there is money to be made!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
49 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
190 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
52 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy