Tim Duncan Hates Kevin Garnett

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-17-2012, 01:31 PM         #61
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kadillac87 said:
I"m saying, just interchanging guys and expecting the same results is asinine. LeBron is in his prime. Still getting the same results playing with great players. A KG led Spurs probably would have never got past the Lakers with Shaq/Kobe.
KG has never been about that winning life until he lucked up and landed on the eastern all star team.

n*ggas act like Parker and Ginobili were perennial all stars before they played with Duncan. Or Robinson wasn't on his way out. Tim is the ultimate teammate and he makes that whole team better. KG stat padded and lost in the first round. All while making 126 mils.
 6 years ago '11        #62
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
 justinjones said:
why do i only see celtic fans taking up for kg. i know there a couple of twolve fans on here they not saying anything

and robinson only helped with one ring and tim was still the main guy. robinson just rode the wave for the 2nd one
im not saying that Timmy wasnt great and im not sure who i would say was better but for people to just say that Timmy is miles ahead of KG is straight up BS when timmy been in a better situation than KG since day 1
 6 years ago '08        #63
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,339 | Props total: 13713 13713
fu*k it celtics/spurs in the finals
 6 years ago '07        #64
timdog 926 heat pts926
space
space
$30,551 | Props total: 15090 15090
 justinjones said:
why do i only see celtic fans taking up for kg. i know there a couple of twolve fans on here they not saying anything

and robinson only helped with one ring and tim was still the main guy. robinson just rode the wave for the 2nd one
prolly cuz they still salty they didnt get to draft duncan that year

and they were a.ss for years till there big three came together
 6 years ago '11        #65
space
space
 d!ck Cheese said:
KG has never been about that winning life until he lucked up and landed on the eastern all star team.

n*ggas act like Parker and Ginobili were perennial all stars before they played with Duncan. Or Robinson wasn't on his way out. Tim is the ultimate teammate and he makes that whole team better. KG stat padded and lost in the first round. All while making 126 mils.
put Timmy on the TWolves and he woulda lost every year too
 6 years ago '11        #66
space
space
 timdog said:
prolly cuz they still salty they didnt get to draft duncan that year

and they were a.ss for years till there big three came together
yea cuz Pierce wasnt carrying the team to the playoffs for a few years and i dont just mean the first round
 05-17-2012, 01:34 PM         #67
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
KG k!lled any flexibility Minny had with his contract, save all that but but but he had Parker/Manu/Pop sh*t because none of those guys were proven before Tim.
 6 years ago '11        #68
space
space
 S.TEX said:
KG k!lled any flexibility Minny had with his contract, save all that but but but he had Parker/Manu/Pop sh*t because none of those guys were proven before Tim.
Tim was a great player but i think we can both agree that he got drafted into a better situation than KG right?
 6 years ago '04        #69
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 dj ac said:
fu*k it celtics/spurs in the finals
this,

lets end this sh!t once and for all

its looking that way anyway unless the thunder beats the spurs
 05-17-2012, 01:38 PM         #70
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 elvisfreshly said:
put Timmy on the TWolves and he woulda lost every year too
I don't like to speak in hypotheticals.... we all see the stats and rings that Tim accumulated. And we saw the multiple first round exits that KG piled up.
 6 years ago '07        #71
timdog 926 heat pts926
space
space
$30,551 | Props total: 15090 15090
 elvisfreshly said:
I dont understand how people compare someone on the Spurs with Pop as a coach and played along side TP/Manu/David Robinson to someone who was playing with Starbury and coached by flip saunders

KG led his team to the playoffs every year and then lost to actual teams since 1 player cant beat teams..
"Kevin kept telling me we had to get his boy, and I'd told him that we'd love to," McHale says. "But the problem was we were batting fifth [in draft order] and weren't sure his boy was going to be around long enough for us to get a swing at him."

McHale had the 1996 draft doped out. He knew Philadelphia loved Iverson and concluded Toronto and Vancouver weren't in the market for point guards. But the Milwaukee Bucks, with the No. 4 pick, were open for business, and Marbury, who had completed his basketball Ph.D. at Georgia Tech in one year, could be a significant a.sset. On the afternoon of the draft McHale and Bucks vice president/general manager Mike Dunleavy struck a deal. If there were no surprises in the top three selections, Milwaukee would take Marbury, the Timberwolves would draft shooting guard Ray Allen from Connecticut, and then the teams would flop rookies, with Minnesota throwing in a conditional future first-round draft pick. Marbury was parading around the floor at New Jersey's Continental Airlines Arena in his crisp, new Bucks cap when he was told to switch caps with Allen.

This is what Kevin and Stephon had talked about. This is what they had dreamed about. This was how life was supposed to turn out, wasn't it? "Smile, you're a Minnesota Timberwolf," said the NBA publicity photographer, snapping Marbury out of his reverie.

6 years ago '11        #72
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
Minnesota is building a solid team around Kevin Love but couldn't build one around KG.

There are great players and then there are great players who can be a centerpiece of a franchise. Melo is a great player. He's not a centerpiece you can build around though. Duncan is a great player and a centerpiece. KG is a great player, I wouldn't consider him a centerpiece though.
 6 years ago '05        #73
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,086 | Props total: 6985 6985
shut the fu*k up.....do I see Kevin Love in the playoffs? have I ever seen that?
 6 years ago '05        #74
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,086 | Props total: 6985 6985
Tony Parker was a beast when he came into the league.....and Stephen Jackson was nice as sh*t when he was younger.
 6 years ago '11        #75
space
space
 timdog said:
"Kevin kept telling me we had to get his boy, and I'd told him that we'd love to," McHale says. "But the problem was we were batting fifth [in draft order] and weren't sure his boy was going to be around long enough for us to get a swing at him."

McHale had the 1996 draft doped out. He knew Philadelphia loved Iverson and concluded Toronto and Vancouver weren't in the market for point guards. But the Milwaukee Bucks, with the No. 4 pick, were open for business, and Marbury, who had completed his basketball Ph.D. at Georgia Tech in one year, could be a significant a.sset. On the afternoon of the draft McHale and Bucks vice president/general manager Mike Dunleavy struck a deal. If there were no surprises in the top three selections, Milwaukee would take Marbury, the Timberwolves would draft shooting guard Ray Allen from Connecticut, and then the teams would flop rookies, with Minnesota throwing in a conditional future first-round draft pick. Marbury was parading around the floor at New Jersey's Continental Airlines Arena in his crisp, new Bucks cap when he was told to switch caps with Allen.

This is what Kevin and Stephon had talked about. This is what they had dreamed about. This was how life was supposed to turn out, wasn't it? "Smile, you're a Minnesota Timberwolf," said the NBA publicity photographer, snapping Marbury out of his reverie.

and this means what? like KG knew how starbury was gonna be irrelevant articles are irrelevant
 6 years ago '04        #76
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 elvisfreshly said:
Tim was a great player but i think we can both agree that he got drafted into a better situation than KG right?
based on awards tim duncan edges him

everything is basically even except duncan got one more mvp and garnet got dpoy

i'm not going to nitpick too much like defensive 1st teams and rookie teams and all that

but tim was on the nba 1st team 9 times compared to kg's 4 though
 05-17-2012, 01:42 PM         #77
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's not act like KG isn't a first ballot hall of famer himself just like tim duncan....
 05-17-2012, 01:42 PM         #78
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 elvisfreshly said:
Here's the thing though, you put Devin Harris/Jason Terry/Josh Howard with Tim and I believe he'll still have 4 rings. People tend to over look Tim's ability to make players that much better. Obviously with improvement of such player yes they will help Tim out tremendously no doubt.

At the end of the day I hate these types of arguments because they just belittle huge accomplishments they both made (you can apply that to the Kobe/MJ battles). They were both animals on the court and I wouldn't hate to have either of them playing for my team.
 6 years ago '08        #79
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,339 | Props total: 13713 13713
Lets keep it real tho garnett was the tmac of pfs b4 cassell and spree got there
 6 years ago '11        #80
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Minnesota is building a solid team around Kevin Love but couldn't build one around KG.

There are great players and then there are great players who can be a centerpiece of a franchise. Melo is a great player. He's not a centerpiece you can build around though. Duncan is a great player and a centerpiece. KG is a great player, I wouldn't consider him a centerpiece though.
how is he not a centerpiece tho? hes one of the best big mans in the league and one of the best if not the best defensive big man the only thing that was fu*kin Minny was that contract had nothing to do with KGs play
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy