How to work around cell phone providers (Boxden let's upgrade our hustle and pimp papers)

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
87 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
6265 pageviews
55 comments

UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
How to work around cell phone providers (Boxden let's upgrade our hustle and pimp papers)

Ok, so I see alot of people that are getting screwed over by cell phone providers and are tired of paying large bills, so I'm making this for my fellow BX bros and sisters out there *DISCLAIMER* The information or techniques I present might not be the best for yourself, situation or might be plain dumb to you...if so, please provide your own ways down below or if these are good in anyway, spread the love to other people and people in real life(friends, classmates, family, co workers)...let's sh-t on cell phone providers

So the first thing you have to do is think, think real hard...think about how you will use your phone, how many times you text, how many times you call or are called by people, how many facebook, twitter, google+, emails you do.......if the answer is not as much or not as frequent, then a lower tier phone plan is the best for yourself......

Picking the right cell phone: DON'T DO CONTRACT!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WALK INTO A STORE OR BUY ONE ONLINE!!!!!!!! DO NOT SIGN UP FOR CONTRACT!!!!! I had to capatizle that to express that getting contract phone service is modern slavery(that might be a bad analogy) but bottom line don't do it, instead get a off contract phone(which most times are unlocked, however some off contract phones are still locked to a particular carrier, beware and read the fine print)

Places to get off contract phone? Best place to me is Amazon Wireless since it's normally a decent price, good sellers with good histories and one stop store so you can view numerous phones across providers...however there are plenty of great phone resell stores other than Amazon, here's a few off the dome....

[pic - click to view]

Amazon.com: Unlocked Phones

[pic - click to view]

Newegg.com - No Contract Cell Phones, Unlocked Mobile Phones

[pic - click to view]

Unlocked Cell Phones - Best Buy

[pic - click to view]

GSM Unlocked Cell Phones | Cell phones and cell phone accessories for Motorola, Samsung, LG, Nextel, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Blackberry and other bluetooth

[pic - click to view]

Cell Phones | Overstock.com: Buy Unlocked GSM Cell Phones, & CDMA Cell Phones Online

Also, many people want Google Nexus or iPhones which Google and Apple sell directly, here's the links:

[pic - click to view]

https://play.google.com/s .. axy_nexus_hspa

[pic - click to view]

Apple iPhone 4S & iPhone 4 - Buy iPhone with Free Shipping - Apple Store (U.S.)

Let's get it in with a carrier: Now this part is long because I have to explain that I use Google Voice and my cell plan. I don't have a data plan nor text plan on my phone. I use a 25 dollar prepaid plan that last 90 days from AT&T, you might call me crazy but my home, work, school, friends apartments, favorite bars and restaurants that I frequent often have wifi that I use. Altogether 80-85% of my time is spent in these areas and I personally use Google Voice which I use for texts and give my number to girls, so they don't blow up my actual phone number(Search Google Voice if you have no idea what it is), so if you are in the same boat as me, as simple prepaid plan is good enough for yourself *DISCLAIMER* My current phone also has GPS in it, so I don't need data to navigate .....choose one below:

[pic - click to view]

Unsupported Browser

[pic - click to view]

Prepaid Cell Phones | No Contract Cell Phones | Boost Mobile

[pic - click to view]

Prepaid Unlimited Cell Phone Plans | Android | Smartphone | Broadband | Virgin Mobile

[pic - click to view]

NET10 | Prepaid Cell Phone

[pic - click to view]

AT&T GoPhone - Prepaid Cell Phones & Prepaid Smartphones - from AT&T

[pic - click to view]

Welcome To Straight Talk

[pic - click to view]

SIMPLE Mobile | Unlimited Cell Phone Plans

[pic - click to view]

Prepaid Cell Phone Cards | Prepaid National Cell Phones

if you need the data or texts, remember to think hard if you have wifi near you to use google voice or services like it and then choose the best plan for yourself but also...get the cheapest one with the most bang for your buck. Don't try to be a baller and get unlimited if you don't use phone service much

****If you have a phone and want to unlock it? Check out XDA, they are pretty good and can offer unlocks for most phones, however, you could also buy unlocked codes from ebay, just type in your phone and it typically cost between a dollar to 10 bucks tops, in my most cases****

[pic - click to view]

Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers

[pic - click to view]

Redmond Pie

[pic - click to view]

Get 'Root' on your Android device | Android Central

[pic - click to view]

How and Why to Root your Android: 15 Worthwhile Apps : To Root, or not to Root?

Please add on if you have something you want to add to the conversation about working around cell phone carriers, good and bad responses are welcome...I hope I can help

*Also for the first week or so, I'll try to bump everyday so everyone will get the chance to get see this*

PS: People seem to like my post about how I use my phone, so here's the post I made that ended up getting expanded into this thread if you want to see

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. /#post23278000

Last edited by UrbanGAAWD; 05-16-2012 at 11:37 PM..

55 comments for "How to work around cell phone providers (Boxden let's upgrade our hustle and pimp papers)"

6 years ago '06        #2
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135

[pic - click to view]

stop being fu*king cheap and buy a legit plan. If a cell phone bill is really bothering you that much then get a better job
 6 years ago '11        #3
UrbanGAAWD 209 heat pts209 OP
space
space
$7,295 | Props total: 1071 1071
 niceguy954 said:

[pic - click to view]

stop being fu*king cheap and buy a legit plan. If a cell phone bill is really bothering you that much then get a better job
sorry if you don't like what i've posted then just ignore it, i made this thread for people that have been mad at cell phone providers in order to help them. and for the record, my thread is for people to get legit cell phone plans, just dont want to see people getting screwed over on cell phone provider BS
 6 years ago '05        #4
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,837 | Props total: 9771 9771

to TS for trying to help us fellow bx members

preciate it cuz, i'm sticking to my plan though its not that bad for me

but lots of good information
 6 years ago '10        #5
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
Good sh*t on this thread, I thought about starting a thread like this myself because I was researching prepaid carriers and plans heavy when I was getting rid of my att contract. I'm on my phone now but I'll try to remember to add to this later.

I posted this in the other thread but I don't know if everyone saw it but sells prepaid cards for most carriers with no tax
 05-17-2012, 05:56 PM         #6
sincere30 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good thread ima bookmark this my next phone was gonna b off contract ne way since i got a connect that can get me ne sprint phone off contract. i just gotta figure what prepaid company i should go to
 6 years ago '06        #7
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,045 | Props total: 18807 18807
broke n*gga sh*t...

get a plan you can afford or don't get a celly...

fu*k runnin thru hoops like that just to have a cell yo... n*ggas slay me...
 6 years ago '05        #8
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 2215 2215
This is exactly what ive beeen doing since 2004. The last contract i ever had was a sprint lg flip phone that i only paid 29.99 a month for 350 anytime minutes, free nights and weekends, 400 text messages, free long distance. Yea by todays standards that plan sucks d!ck. But after having numerous prepaid phones since, this is my new hustle.

First, recently i signed up to boost mobile, this was in 2009 after ditching verizon gay a.ss prepaid at the time. Got me a Blackberry 8330 with unlimited everything for 60 a month. Fast forward to 2011, still got that same plan with something called shrinkage for boost mobile which reduce your monthly payment 5 dollars for every 6 on-time reups, im at 50 now with a newer blackberry 8530.

Then I got me an htc evo 4G off craigslist for 120 dollars, esn was bad but i had been reading you can flash a sh*tload of these sprint phones to prepaid providers like metro and boost. i kept the phone off but modded the sh*t out of it, got a slim extended battery for it and nice case. Two months ago i got in contact with a dude off craigslist said he can flash this phone to any verizon plan, i said bullsh*t theres no way. Long story short i gave the dude remote access and he flashed my phone to verizon. i chose the new verizon prepaid thing they got its either 50 a month for unlimited everything or 1.99 a day for unlimited talk and 1 dollar a day for unlimited 3g and i only get charged on the days i use it, i chose the second one. I now use the evo mainly for internet when im not on wifi and it works great. I throw about 15 bux a month on it and use it for whatever.

So now, two prepaid phones, blackberry and android. pay about 65-70 a month and i can switch these phones as i please but im happy with them. might soon upgrade the evo to a samsung galaxy s2 and flash it. The evo is worth about 250 now since i flashed it to verizon. Dont be dumb and get a contract, that sh*t is r*pe. trust me.
 6 years ago '05        #9
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 2215 2215
oh yea, google voice make calling and texting free so i just pay dollar a day on the evo for internet and gps is already free since its built in. its good sh*t.
 05-17-2012, 08:44 PM         #10
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sall good instead of copping my phone for 600 i dropped 99 on it and got a contract

sure im losin out

but i plan on being rich

so i dont give
 05-17-2012, 08:53 PM         #11
Shawn James 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I get pissed off with att all the time.. but im thinking of just moving to sprint.... not getting rid of it all together lol
 6 years ago '08        #12
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,025 | Props total: 5087 5087
Good sh*t Ts I've been on Google Voice for a bit nice way the keep mins. Don't worry about these other n*ggas, even some of the slaves kept they a.sses on the plantation after they were free.
 6 years ago '08        #13
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
I just reup'd my 2yr contract with tmobile last year. I'm paying $80. My mother has the same phone but she went through the walmart family plan...shes paying $50 for everything. I went tmobile to see if i can swith but they said that the walmrt plan is separate from tmobile even though it's tmobile...so I would have to pay the ETA if I wanted to switch..What do you suggest? I'm close to paying the ETA because if you think about it...I'm getting r*ped.
 6 years ago '09        #14
aju8483 21 heat pts21
space
space
$188 | Props total: 1 1
Applaud the efforts
 05-17-2012, 09:21 PM         #15
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
best plan....tmobile/walmart 30bucks a month unlimited internet and txt and 100 talk minutes
 6 years ago '04        #16
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
dont forget you cant send/receive pics with google voice, bi*ches gonna get tired of sending sh*t through email cause its extra work

i just use google voice for work related calls
 6 years ago '10        #17
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
 niceguy954 said:

[pic - click to view]

Dumb statement.

Save money where you can ALWAYS! Thats why america is in the sh*tter now. People paying for over priced things that the seller makes them BELIEVE is worth it. (1000 dollar mac books etc.)

Budget and save and this is a start, Props T/S

*Side Note*
Also don't get in a cable contract either (Just get internet service) Premium hulu and nexflix is alot better! I'm saving a lot of money right now running both of those off my PS3
 6 years ago '04        #18
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,560 | Props total: 2413 2413
I'll read some now and read some later...

Edit: I skimmed this. Seen sh*t like this a few times on BX. Can't knock your hustle but I'll stick with my plan.

Last edited by NBA Brawler; 05-17-2012 at 10:30 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #19
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
i got a cricket...pay for myself, mom & sis phones...133 total...fu*k all ur fancy sh*t, i got a laptop for that
 6 years ago '08        #20
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
My iphone is on at&t prepaid. $25 a month 250 minutes & unlimited text, perfect for me because I never talk on the phone. The best prepaid around is with T-Mobile though, they have 1500 split between text & talk for $25 and you can get 10% off the prepaid card from calling mart which actually saves you about a month off of your cost.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
24 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
133 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy