HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
67 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-15-2012, 07:51 PM         #1
5761 pageviews
56 comments

Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed

[pic - click to view]

http://www.washingtonpost .. 2TU_story.html

[pic - click to view]

The HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE are a notable devices for many reasons, but today they become notorious: they're the first devices to face an import delay at US Customs for potentially infringing an Apple patent. We've learned today that the One X and Evo 4G LTE are indefinitely delayed at Customs as the agency investigates patent issues with Apple, and sources have further confirmed that some shipments are indeed being held back. The One X is also currently out of stock at AT&T's online store and at most AT&T retail stores we've called — and few had any information on when more units would arrive.

Apple won a wide-ranging exclusion order banning the importation of HTC Android devices at the International Trade Commission last December — the ITC found that Android's messaging app and browser infringed upon Apple patent #5,946,647, which covers automatically covering things like phone numbers and email addresses into actionable links that open a menu of options. The ban was delayed so HTC could engineer around Apple's patent claims, but it went into effect on April 19th — and although HTC claimed so-called "data tapping" was a "small UI experience" that would be completely removed from its US Android devices, Customs is now reviewing the One X and Evo 4G LTE.

Although the ITC order was handed down before the One X was even announced at Mobile World Congress, it's open-ended enough to block importation of any HTC Android device — the ITC broadly prohibited the importation of HTC "personal data and mobile communications devices" running Android that infringe the '647 patent. Customs and Border Protection is in charge of executing the order, and it's allowed to handle things pretty much any way it wants; there are really no formal rules governing how exclusion orders are interpreted or enforced. What's more, the final enforcement instructions delivered by Customs to its officers are totally classified — they're even excluded from Freedom of Information Act requests. At this point HTC is basically in limbo while it waits for Customs to issue a decision.

HTC can certainly try to stay the ban while it further appeals the case; the company's official statement is below. We've also reached out to Apple, AT&T, and Sprint, we'll update you as we learn more.

56 comments for "HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed"

05-15-2012, 07:54 PM         #2
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's a bi*ch move Apple. It's not looking good for the Samsung Galaxy S3 folks

I wonder if this also includes import orders from Expansys as that is a completely different device than what's being broadly held by US Customs
 6 years ago '05        #3
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,617 | Props total: 1690 1690
Ill add this to the list of reason i hate apple

fu*k apple and anyone who uses their sh*tty overpriced products
 05-15-2012, 08:01 PM         #4
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FalconBuddha said:
Ill add this to the list of reason i hate apple

fu*k apple and anyone who uses their sh*tty overpriced products
fu*k you! I love my MacBook Pro. I don't plan on buying any iPhones or iPads though.
 6 years ago '04        #5
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
this sh*t has to stop Apple can't strongarm people into to wanting Iphones
 6 years ago '06        #6
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,316 | Props total: 1085 1085
damn apple will do anything to stop android swagging on em

disgusting

6 years ago '04        #7
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715
how the fu*k did apple patent hyperlinks.. I'm sure they're gonna get a white phone patent too
 6 years ago '07        #8
jamega2f 80 heat pts80
space
space
$1,307 | Props total: 31 31
this sh*t will never end
 6 years ago '04        #9
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
So realistically what are we talking weeks or months for the Evo to drop? this some ol' bullsh*t my Bday is on 6/1/2012!
 6 years ago '05        #10
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13770 13770
S III orders bout to triple now.
 6 years ago '04        #11
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Y.G. said:
only for them to be in the same boat when that gets ready to drop apple knows what they are doing with this bullsh*t.
 05-15-2012, 10:43 PM         #12
paliknight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
this patent is more of an Android issue from what i understood

if thats true, then only orders bout to triple are the Iphones

6 years ago '04        #13
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 paliknight said:
this patent is more of an Android issue from what i understood

if thats true, then only orders bout to triple are the Iphones

I will NEVERbuy an Iphone apple bi*chmade for this sh*t
 6 years ago '05        #14
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
So realistically what are we talking weeks or months for the Evo to drop? this some ol' bullsh*t my Bday is on 6/1/2012!
Mine is May 18th, there goes one of my bday gift to myself
 6 years ago '05        #15
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
I will NEVERbuy an Iphone apple bi*chmade for this sh*t
 6 years ago '05        #16
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13770 13770
 Ra-da-god said:
only for them to be in the same boat when that gets ready to drop apple knows what they are doing with this bullsh*t.
Not at all, only injunction on Samsung involves the Tab. S III, soon to be x9999999 sales.
 6 years ago '05        #17
space
space
 Dangerously said:
fu*k you! I love my MacBook Pro. I don't plan on buying any iPhones or iPads though.
Ill never understand peoples love for the macbooks, had one for 3 months (macbook pro 15.4 inch with i5 processor), hated that sh*t and ended up just giving it to my brother
 6 years ago '04        #18
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 FalconBuddha said:
Mine is May 18th, there goes one of my bday gift to myself
Smh I'm really heated over here guess I may have to cop the gs3 and root that bi*ch right out the box NO TOUCHWIZ!
 6 years ago '04        #19
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
I looked on a couple other boards people are saying their preorders don't even have release dates anymore smh, HTC dropped the ball on this big-time the longest I'm willing to wait is till the Galaxy drop if they don't this sorted out by then gs3 it is

fu*k APPLE!
 6 years ago '05        #20
space
space
Im debating whether or not to wait, talked to sprint rep today and they told me im already eligible for an upgrade. Was gonna wait and see what all this new nexus stuff is gonna be, but thats when i thought i wasnt eligible for an upgrade for like 2 months (guess its every 22 months, not 24) and it wouldnt be that much longer of a wait

might just say fu*k it and get the nexus
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
81 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy