J.Cole Says Too Many Rappers “Fighting For Attention” On Twitter And He Is Not On Twitter Anymore

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
46 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
230 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
156 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-16-2012, 01:29 PM         #61
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cole aint cool enough to be on twitter, he mad cause n*ggas dont RT him as much as Drake
 6 years ago '06        #62
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,209 | Props total: 4480 4480
Hes most likely talking about wale,MGK and Tyler,some rappers are cool to see on twitter tho,ex. Drake,Mac miller
 6 years ago '11        #63
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Ghost Writer said:
Bro he's is my favorite rapper but I am probably the furthest thing from a stan on this site. If you don't want to discuss hip-hop than why are you here?

I have a connection to Cole through his music. He is a musician and his music relates to me. I hate this new school sh*t where every musician has to have all this sh*t outside of their music. When it comes down to it, I listen to music for the sound. Everything else is irrelevant. I may be unique but I believe that gives me good judgement when it comes to hip-hop.

lol @ fall off. Truthfully, I think he already has "fallen off" from your typical standpoint. Meaning his "buzz" has died down. Every single rapper "falls off". Especially new rappers. It's all about buzz nowadays and these f*ggot hipsters want to be the first to find a new artist.

As far as him not being lyrical....That is the farthest thing from the truth ever. But nowadays everybody has some retarded, unique idea of what lyricism is so that argument is basically a dead end.

And IMO he is one of the most consistent MCs to enter the rap game.

Stop getting caught up in all this extra curricular BS and enjoy the music for what it is. Why do you care if his boss "fu*ks with him". That's just an immature statement.
The no one important fu*ks with him is not immature at all. The only mainstream artist song I remember him having a feature on since he's gotten his name up is Beyonce. And I don't think they even played that version on the radio, I only heard 3k's verse.

This is the music business, extra curriculars are needed. If Cole was only concerned about the music and not selling and building a brand, why didn't he just go independent? The first album, on a quality level wasn't great, not gonna say it was bad, but it wasn't great and probably didn't earn him too many fans than he already had before it dropped. So now that his fans supported his first album, what about the second? I've heard one track from Cole since he's released Sideline Story. He's no longer on twitter. Fans have absolutely no idea what he's doing (the joint Kendrick Lamar album? I don't think it's gonna happen tho.)

He refuses to work with your favorite producers or collab with hot artists, how will he stay relevant? Rappers with music better than Coles have gotten lost in the sauce. Roc Nation isn't as strong a rap label as YMCMB/CMR. Drake, Meek, Wale, Sean have the a.ssociations and backing. Ye just threw Sean on the Mercy song. Jay won't don't that for Cole.

Yes Cole has a loyal fanbase. But, he doesn't have much of a following. Wiz had a loyal fanbase but didn't develop a following til K&OJ, a following makes you hot, in this climate you need to get hot. Cole hasn't shown that he can and has not even attempted to. Hell, Kendrick had the sh*t with Dre and a video with Birdman and Mack.

See what I'm saying? Apologize if some sentences were incoherent. On my iphone
 6 years ago '04        #64
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6383 6383
 Blacknitro said:
Fucc are u talkin bout. "Work Out" had made the Hot 100 before that album dropped. The song was already well known. Just because it wasn't in the top 40 yet, doesn't mean millions of females didn't hear it.
then why didn't big sean and tyga do as well? hell how did j.cole have the top 5 selling rap albums last year? its only a 100k behind wiz khalifa's sales and he had a number 1 single in the country and a 6 month head start

Last edited by justinjones; 05-16-2012 at 02:09 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #65
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,112 | Props total: 1150 1150
cole already said he's gonna work with other producers on his next joint.
 6 years ago '11        #66
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Who cares? I don't want to hear other people. I want to hear Cole. Also his music doesn't typically belong on the radio. To me that is a great thing. That is rare nowadays...

You're comparing his success in the music business with his success as a musician. Big difference. You forget this is about music. I WANT MUSIC...not a brand. Yeah and his debut was not a classic by any means but I still have 3 of the best quality mixtapes I've ever heard and I'm actually listening to his album as we speak right now. He's also released a couple songs since his debut. You forget how the game use to work. Cole is traditional. Did you ever see Pac or Jay or Nas releasing 15 tracks of garbage a week? Quality>Quantity

Also the idea of having no idea what he's doing is cool to me. Not to mention he just released a statement recently that said the album with Kendrick is in the works.

Why do you keep bringing up kiddie sh*t? No one care about relevance. He wasn't all that "relevant" when his debut dropped and look how well it sold. That's because Cole has loyal fans who don't care about any of the sh*t you're speaking on. Not to mention, I'm not even sure where you're getting the info that he doesn't like to work with big artists or producers. I think he just doesn't like to work with sh*tty artists or producers.

I would like to know the difference between a loyal fanbase and a following????

Allllll good.
You basically proved the point I made in my last post? Why is Cole doing the same methods that Nas, Jay, and Pac were doing 15 years ago? He's too busy focusing on trying to be and do what Jay and Nas did in the late 90s to early 2000s, like I said before. Lord knows why he's trying to do that seeing as those guys aren't even doing things that way anymore.

About your success as a musician vs. success in the music business, I'm just speechless.

How is trying to reach a wider fanbase and making meaningful and good collabos "kiddie sh*t"?

Who cares about relevance? Was that a joke?

And you're inner Stan is showing with the he just doesn't work with sh*tty artists/producers. There are at least 5 rappers that are hot that are better than Cole and so many more producers.

Your whole defense is "Cole is traditional"...the n*gga just got here. Dropping mixtapes with OG production on it is traditional too right? fu*k outta here. But that's all his fans do. Just preach how he's an artist of Jay, Pac, and Nas' caliber, that's why he doesn't release material like that or doesn't work with "sh*tty producers", I guess like No ID whom he should've had good contact with. But oh, "he's classical".

He pocketed the budget that he should've used to get better more versatile production cause the album was stale and put anyone who wasn't "a loyal fan" to sleep. You don't know how many people I've heard say that they would forget the album was even playing. I compare it to Dreamchasers 2. I bet one thing though, he'll slump this second time around then you can come back and tell me about his "loyal fans". Like everybody doesn't have loyal fans. Loyal fans alone never held anyone's career up.
 6 years ago '10        #67
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13659 13659
twitter girls throwing fits
 6 years ago '05        #68
chi town hustla 193 heat pts193 OP
space
space
$18,096 | Props total: 19730 19730
 Blacknitro said:
Big Sean doesn't have any s3x appeal. He's not handsome or cute and he doesn't have enuff game or bad boy appeal to make up for it.

Tyga has s3x appeal, but not as much as J.Cole. More importantly, he's poorly marketed and has made several mistakes like gettin clowned by those dudes in his hometown, gettin his chain snatched, gettin his artist shot up. On top of that, he stands next to Wayne and Drake. It's like when Wayne had to stand next to Juvy and then lose all his credit to Mannie Fresh.

J.Cole doesn't stand next to anyone. He's marketed waaaaaay better than Tyga and he has more s3x appeal. Tyga s3x appeal is for teens. J.Cole got s3x appeal for teens and grown women.
Wtf is this s3x appeal sh*t bout
i hope your are a female
if not just k!ll ya self
 6 years ago '11        #69
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Ghost Writer said:
Damn bro cut that sh*t out...You know for a fact huh? Cole has been my favorite rapper for 4-5 years now and I've always prayed to god he never ended up like Drake. Cole has some of the most loyal fans in the game.

No Vlog?

You serious fam? Who gives a fu*k. I want to hear more flame from Cole. Not see him do dumb sh*t for attention on a webcam. I can go on tinychat or MFC if I wanna be entertained my some f*ggots via webcam.
J.Cole your favorite rapper

And j.Cole is the wack version of drake
 6 years ago '11        #70
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,966 | Props total: 9855 9855

[video - click to view]

Cole ain't got a personality though Just because he's not an attention wh0ore, doesn't mean he has no personality.
 6 years ago '11        #71
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Gm0ney85 said:
...forreal...

a lot of bi*ches like him because they think he "real hip hop"....

you gotta remember.. a certain percentage of hoes LOVE hip-hop.. but they dont love it like no extra deep thinkin a.ss self righteous back packer.. .. meaning they love it for it is... not on no trying extra hard to be a hip-hop head sh*t (consciously)

cole is a great mix of some mainstream sh*t.. and some deep sh*t (emotional)... PERFECT for a generation who is heavily influenced by emotional music as well as real lyrics..

i dont want to admit it.. but a lot of females (not hoes or bi*ches) are better judges of music than n*ggas... cuz dudes too focused on certain sh*t... and hoes and whatever dont even really care as long as it make they a.ss move..

and theres a great deal of these "regular" people on twitter.. who only on there because its become the status quo in a way.. who have a feeling that something wrong with that whole construct...

...you can tell whose been brainwashed... and cole still himself after all the white noise
Quite possibly the realest post I've read this year...
 6 years ago '11        #72
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
^No. It can't possibly be.

"cole is a great mix of some mainstream sh*t.. and some deep sh*t (emotional)... PERFECT for a generation who is heavily influenced by emotional music as well as real lyrics."

Cole? As in J.Cole? Is the a great mix of mainstream...I can't even repeat it. Did Drake die or something? You're right about one thing, girls INFLUENCE the music, but that's cause they're the #1 consumer. They like what is marketed to them. And I guarantee you to ask any amount of girls on the street if they prefer Drake or Cole, 90% of the time it will be Drake. And for the record, most bi*ches don't give a fu*k about "real hip hop".

This is unbelievable really. Cole is like a notch above mediocre. Every single person in his class may have been better than him. Every young dude. Wiz, Curren$y, Asher, Blu, Cudi, Mickey Factz, Wale, Nipsey, Big Sean, etc. Think about every young rapper who had promise in the last 5 years...Cole is at the bottom! As far as making songs, bottom. Actual technical skill? Bottom. Flow? Bottom. Delivery? Way down there.

For someone who promotes real hip hop, and claims to be it, no bullsh*t included, he is not very good as a rapper, and comes off wack when he tries to (Work Out). Yes, Work Out did good, because it was shoved down your throat on the radio. That record would've never caught steam by itself. I come up with a million reasons "Ass" was a better record than "Work Out". His fans will never admit that though. And what's worse, dudes will praise Cole, and then turn around and say Big Sean can't rap.

But whatever though. Cole doesn't make deep music. It comes off as superficial all of the time. What deep music does he make? The n*gga is 27 years old talking about crying about abortions and sneaking into girls' dorm rooms. If not that, he's talking about he's talking about benchwarming or paying back Sallie Mae, or eating leftover lasagna. What is deep about that? Someone tell me please.

Cole tried to be the hip hop purist version of Drake, he failed, his fans still see him as so for some reason. Jay knows who he should've signed and he regrets it. Cole's music is not good.
 6 years ago '11        #73
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
There's a reason those rappers don't fu*k with him. No one thinks he's nice.
 05-16-2012, 05:40 PM         #74
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Based Cole.
 6 years ago '10        #75
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
Cole fan

he has a boring personality like jay (until jays turning point "heart of the city")

cole doesnt seem funny

twitter should be completely diff for famous people

O.N.I.F.C sounds like a hater

but he does make some valid points
 6 years ago '11        #76
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Account001 said:
Cole fan

he has a boring personality like jay (until jays turning point "heart of the city")

cole doesnt seem funny

twitter should be completely diff for famous people

O.N.I.F.C sounds like a hater

but he does make some valid points
I don't agree with that. Jay was always the cool, confident, laid back, fly n*gga type. He was never boring. Just laid back.

Cole doesn't have to be funny. No one has to be funny to have personality.

I'm not a hater. I just hate when dudes don't tell it like it is. I say Cole doesn't work with other artists and producers, and dude says maybe it's cause he doesn't want to work with sh*tty artists and producers. Like every artists and producer is sh*tty compared to J.Cole. How would you respond to someone saying that? Especially when J.Cole is the topic of discussion?

Thanks.
 05-16-2012, 06:47 PM         #77
MissRhea623 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Technology ruined a lot of these rappers like Cole said. They feel the need to be in the spotlight 24/7 like some punk a.ss toddlers.
 05-16-2012, 06:51 PM         #78
MissRhea623 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImInHerMouth said:
There's a reason those rappers don't fu*k with him. No one thinks he's nice.
But yall muhfuggas be d!ck ridin two chains and waka flacka. get the fu*k outta here! j. cole is nice wit it. all n*ggas care about is a dope a.ss beat to mindlessly bounce to in the club. dont even matter if the rapper got skills or not. as long as the words rhyme on some nursery rap sh*t, n*ggas go crazy like it was the illest lyrical sh*t ever.
 6 years ago '11        #79
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 MissRhea623 said:
But yall muhfuggas be d!ck ridin two chains and waka flacka. get the fu*k outta here! j. cole is nice wit it. all n*ggas care about is a dope a.ss beat to mindlessly bounce to in the club. dont even matter if the rapper got skills or not. as long as the words rhyme on some nursery rap sh*t, n*ggas go crazy like it was the illest lyrical sh*t ever.
Cause 2chainz makes good music. He ain't the best, but he's good at what he does. Which is ride a beat and says clever and catchy sh*t.

2chainz is a good rapper. Waka makes good hype club and workout music. And let's not forget the most important thing, they're entertaining and you don't get bored listening to them, they capture attention and keep you listening. You really didn't say anything by the way. He's nice wit it? What is he nice wit? Cause it damn sure ain't a flow, or punchlines. And it's damn sure not a beat. What is he "nice wit"? Name three things Cole does noticeably better than anyone in the game.

Name something he does that most rappers that are hot can't or is not doing. No fu*k it, better yet, name something that the hot rappers are doing, that Cole can do. All you did was just spit cliches. I just said Blu, Curren$y and Asher Roth were better and more talented. So is Kendrick. Krit is a better producer and a better rapper. And they do it all without making up corny lines about leftover lasagna or making up words like "herer". So there goes the, " all n*ggas care about is a dope a.ss beat to mindlessly bounce to in the club. dont even matter if the rapper got skills or not.". This is what I'm saying. People will come in and say "he's real hip hop", or "you guys are simple that's why you don't like it", but then... you can't ever say what's so "real" about him or how he is better. He's doesn't make good mainstream songs, and his mates outclass him with conscious sh*t. So what are you saying?
 6 years ago '11        #80
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,966 | Props total: 9855 9855
 ImInHerMouth said:
Cause 2chainz makes good music. He ain't the best, but he's good at what he does. Which is ride a beat and says clever and catchy sh*t.

2chainz is a good rapper. Waka makes good hype club and workout music. And let's not forget the most important thing, they're entertaining and you don't get bored listening to them, they capture attention and keep you listening. You really didn't say anything by the way. He's nice wit it? What is he nice wit? Cause it damn sure ain't a flow, or punchlines. And it's damn sure not a beat. What is he "nice wit"? Name three things Cole does noticeably better than anyone in the game.

Name something he does that most rappers that are hot can't or is not doing. No fu*k it, better yet, name something that the hot rappers are doing, that Cole can do. All you did was just spit cliches. I just said Blu, Curren$y and Asher Roth were better and more talented. So is Kendrick. Krit is a better producer and a better rapper. And they do it all without making up corny lines about leftover lasagna or making up words like "herer". So there goes the, " all n*ggas care about is a dope a.ss beat to mindlessly bounce to in the club. dont even matter if the rapper got skills or not.". This is what I'm saying. People will come in and say "he's real hip hop", or "you guys are simple that's why you don't like it", but then... you can't ever say what's so "real" about him or how he is better. He's doesn't make good mainstream songs, and his mates outclass him with conscious sh*t. So what are you saying?

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago