J.Cole Says Too Many Rappers “Fighting For Attention” On Twitter And He Is Not On Twitter Anymore

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
139 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
34 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
7051 pageviews
100 comments

chi town hustla 193 heat pts193
space
space
$18,096 | Props total: 19729 19729
J.Cole Says Too Many Rappers “f!ghting For Attention” On Twitter And He Is Not On Twitter Anymore

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

http://hiphop365.com/?p=13147
Roc Nation artist J.Cole recently did an interview with Bootleg Kev of Las Vegas’ Hot 97.5, and has spoken out about his dislike for rappers over-sharing and “f!ghting for attention” on Twitter. Check out what he said below:

“I’m not on Twitter no more, I’m not doing it and I’m not going to. I’m sitting and on watching all these artists who I respect — some of them are big artists — on Twitter f!ghting for attention. Every tweet is like, I’m looking for attention. Retweet me! It comes from this place of fear, like I don’t want people to forget about me. But really your body of work speaks for you, so it’s doing work even when you’re not knowing it. But because people ain’t talking about you on Twitter or your mixtape ain’t trending, you feel a certain kind of way. But when it’s my time, I’m gonna load up all my clips and I’m gonna empty ‘em out.”

100 comments for "J.Cole Says Too Many Rappers “Fighting For Attention” On Twitter And He Is Not On Twitter Anymore"

6 years ago '07        #2
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,384 | Props total: 16042 16042
inclined to agree... overall isn't that what twitter is anyway..I was on it heavy for a hott sec..it was cool for a hot minute..then I noticed the isht is attention whoring at its finest...worse than facebook
 6 years ago '04        #3
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,532 | Props total: 275 275
I feel that 100%
 6 years ago '07        #4
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Respect.
 6 years ago '11        #5
TooMuchSulli 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 0 0
Cole the gawd droppin knowledge on these fu*k boys

6 years ago '11        #6
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,965 | Props total: 9855 9855
Thank You Baaed Cole
 6 years ago '10        #7
Zane Cobain 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,341 | Props total: 1058 1058
The Game.

That is all.
 6 years ago '05        #8
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1822 1822
fu*k outta here, this is coming from a dude it took 6+ years to gain a buzz and had to transition to a pop release , dude knows nothing about promotion. I'm not even on twitter, but its' clear it's a huge marketing tool and needed in this time, when his buzz continuously drops (as this is also the dude who speaks multiple times about not being recognized by the media) , he'll run back.
 6 years ago '04        #9
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
i saw that interview and he spoke the truth

like n*ggas be making dumb tweets or rushing to put out songs to stay relevant when sometimes that ends up hurting them

like he said at the end of the end your body of work will speak for itself
 6 years ago '11        #10
space
space
 Cantankerous said:
fu*k outta here, this is coming from a dude it took 6+ years to gain a buzz and had to transition to a pop release , dude knows nothing about promotion. I'm not even on twitter, but its' clear it's a huge marketing tool and needed in this time, when his buzz continuously drops (as this is also the dude who speaks multiple times about not being recognized by the media) , he'll run back.
He barely used it in the first place. And pop release? Had two-three pop songs, but the rest was good.
 6 years ago '06        #11
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,209 | Props total: 4479 4479
who is he talking about tho?
 6 years ago '11        #12
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
This n*gga hasn't done nothing since diggy sh*tted on him
 6 years ago '06        #13
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,634 | Props total: 8566 8566
I feel him but I will come to the defensive that sometimes its attention whoring and sometimes marketing.

internet is the best marketing tool for artist now-a-days more than tv/radio.
 05-15-2012, 04:03 PM         #14
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude is boring anyway....he aint got nothing hip, slick, or wise to say in his interviews so nobody expects him to be on Twitter with the "cool kids" anyway.
 05-15-2012, 05:00 PM         #15
HoLLiwood Heyti 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cole World no binky
 6 years ago '11        #16
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Cantankerous said:
That's what I'm saying. As an artist today, you need a twitter, and it's highly recommended to have a vlog. He's a boring a.ss n*gga that's why he feels that way.
 6 years ago '11        #17
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
He spoke good sh*t, but we all know the real reason he's leaving twitter is because he ain't got no game and he fails in comparison to other rappers from a character standpoint. Now that he's got the machine behind him, he doesn't need to be out there like that anyways.

It's best for him to stay away from social networking. Good move on his part.
 6 years ago '11        #18
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 J Rob said:
People were saying this same sh*t about him a year before his album dropped and he still sold 610K

Cole is a different type of artist....he's the type that relies on a loyal following. Those types don't really need a whole lot of promotion. (Kid Cudi is another example of this) This is hard for some people to understand because it's rare nowadays to see a young artist build a loyal following in less than 5 years, but I think you'll see more of them in the future (KRIT, Kendrick, etc)

Most artists today get one from developing a loyal following. Wiz, Curren$y, A$AP Rocky, Kid Cudi, etc. It isn't something Kendrick, Cole, and KRIT started. He's still boring. And his fans are just unreasonably stannish. I know for a fact, most of his fans stood behind him thinking he was gonna be Drake-killer. When that didn't work out, it was already too late and they stanned way too hard when they noticed that wasn't quite how it was gonna go down. They bought his album and stood behind their artist, cool.

Cole doesn't have a vlog. He doesn't offer his fans much of an experience and nothing really besides his album and his old tapes. He shows no interest in building his brand or image. He is boring, and set on trying to be Hov and Nas and doing things like he's coming up in the late 90s-early 2000s. That's why he deleted his twitter.
 6 years ago '11        #19
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
Not sure if he has a loyal fan base. He just has a female fanbase. It's too early to tell rather or not his fanbase is loyal or not. Dude has only dropped one album.
Were you alive when Friday Night Lights dropped? He only got a female fanbase when Work Out dropped.
 6 years ago '04        #20
izzy2024 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$939 | Props total: 13 13
 King Henry said:
He barely used it in the first place. And pop release? Had two-three pop songs, but the rest was good.

Na dude's right, that sh*t was mad poppy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy