PC: New Macbook Pro rumored to have NO optical drive/ethernet port?

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
27 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
94 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #81
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Ethernet max speed is 100gb/s

Usb 3 is 5gb/s

Thunderbolt max speed is 10gb/s

Again I'm the dumb one but yet ethernet has the far superior data transfer over both usb 3 and thunderbolt.

Again there is a fu*king reason many big company put a lot of data through servers that is connected to many ethernet port. Have you ever seen the main servers of any companies and how they transfer data.
Do you know how to stay on topic? Do you realize you just went from an ethernet port on a laptop to ethernet ports of servers? Did I ever say ethernet was slower?

Damn you're fu*kin stupid
 6 years ago '07        #82
brand name 6 heat pts
space
space
$837 | Props total: 104 104
 PTC said:
Do you know how to stay on topic? Do you realize you just went from an ethernet port on a laptop to ethernet ports of servers? Did I ever say ethernet was slower?

I bring my laptop into work all the time and connect via Ethernet to access files from our in-house server...
 6 years ago '11        #83
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 brand name said:
I bring my laptop into work all the time and connect via Ethernet to access files from our in-house server...
 PTC said:
To be honest, where technology is at, everything is wireless... so I'd put money that %'s say that most people who have a laptop don't use the ethernet port. Now, I know some dumbass is going to have the urge to quote and say, "Well, I use it!!"... stop.
I'm done with this discussion though, because nothing is official at this point. When it becomes official it'll be a more relevant discussion instead of wasted time.
 6 years ago '07        #84
brand name 6 heat pts
space
space
 PTC said:
I'm done with this discussion though, because nothing is official at this point. When it becomes official it'll be a more relevant discussion instead of wasted time.
Bottomline breh, an ethernet port is vital and I'm tired of apple taxing people to do things....

You know how many motherfuking adapters and dongles(pause) i have? I got every firewire and mini digital display adapter....that sh*t adds up man

My windows 8 laptop has hdmi out, you know how useful that is? Thin is cool, but functionality and options are better.

And you're the idiot that says NOONE transfers things via ethernet these days....Everyone has different workflows, and most office environments depend heavily on internal networks and servers

Last edited by brand name; 05-17-2012 at 05:13 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #85
brand name 6 heat pts
space
space
And I also want to reiterate, I'm a stanboy of no OS...

I have a 27" imac 2.7 GHZ i5 8gb memory at my office and a mac os x server with subversion for our files and a Ubuntu 12.04 server running our local development...

I have a 15" samsung i5 8gb memory that runs Windows 8 and Ubuntu 12.04 in a virtual machine.

I also have an iPad2 and an android phone for mobile testing.

All of them have their pros and cons, but my favorite is Ubuntu. Only because I will always support open source over corporations...but until Ubuntu can run creative suite I will be using all OS's in my workflow

Last edited by brand name; 05-17-2012 at 05:23 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #86
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 brand name said:
And you're the idiot that says NOONE transfers things via ethernet these days....Everyone has different workflows, and most office environments depend heavily on internal networks and servers
I already addressed this.

Why do people always have the urge to get technical? This sh*t happens every time.

When I say "NO ONE", I was referencing to the demographic he was attempting to get at. I literally don't mean NO ONE, as in not a single person...

When someone says, no one uses blackberries, or no one uses windows phones, do you really think they mean not a single soul? It's just a phrase.

I'm here talking about %'s and the bigger picture.
 6 years ago '11        #87
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 brand name said:
Bottomline breh, an ethernet port is vital and I'm tired of apple taxing people to do things....
Vital to WHO? This is why I said, we don't have statistics. It might be valuable to you and your whole company, I understand, but the bigger picture is astronomically bigger. I am not saying you are wrong, I ALREADY SAID I DISAGREE WITH THE ETHERNET PORT BEING TAKEN OUT.

But you gotta quit with that box thinking and understand there is a bigger picture and put yourselves in the shoes of the decision makers.

Again, nothing is official, but to sit here and think that Apple execs would rid the ethernet port without having heavy data and statistics is just ignorance.
 6 years ago '04        #88
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,516 | Props total: 320 320
Isn't the point of a laptop for it to be portable?

I fail to see the big deal.

If it was an iMac I would understand the backlash, but not a laptop. I got a MacBook pro and have never used the Ethernet port. And I work with computers for a living

Last edited by MochaWhitey; 05-17-2012 at 05:50 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #89
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,343 | Props total: 2768 2768
 PTC said:

Dude what do you think I'm talking about Ethernet port transfer from. Calling people stupid but obviously you never use any laptop in any pro environment

Most people who use the pro line of Mac book who need to transfer data has to transfer data from a server idiot.

Most business put a lot of their sensitive data in their main server computer that hold database. You need Ethernet port from a fu*king laptop to transfer mass data from to data.

That is how I know you never use a PC in a pro environment ever.

And most Ethernet port has 100gb transfer rate. I gave an example of people using Ethernet port over USB and thunderbolt. You caught feeling and said I'm changing subject.

Let me guess you reply to me for this post, is your stupid and don't know what your talking about even though I actually went intern for an IT department for a year.
 6 years ago '04        #90
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,343 | Props total: 2768 2768
 MochaWhitey said:
Isn't the point of a laptop for it to be portable?

I fail to see the big deal.

If it was an iMac I would understand the backlash, but not a laptop. I got a MacBook pro and have never used the Ethernet port. And I work with computers for a living
Its called a MacBook PRO for a reason.

They already built a no optical drive, Ethernet port less ultra portable laptop called the MacBook air.
 6 years ago '10        #91
purpleaxxe 114 heat pts114
space
space
$1,257 | Props total: 76 76
This move may hurt a small number of potential consumers, but most consumers will not miss the optical drive nor the ethernet port. Relatively speaking, few consumers use an ethernet port with a lap top. Apple is going to cater to the larger demographics since it is the one that will produce the most sales. The MacBook Pro I'm tying this post on is three years old, and I have only used the ethernet port like twice.

It has been rumored for a minute that the new MacBook Pro is going to take on a similar feel of the MacBook Air. It has even been rumored that the two lines may merge.

The solution is simple, if it doesn't meet your needs, don't buy the product. If you still want the speed of the MacBook Pro buy the damn toggle. No sense bi*ching about it. If you need it for your job because they upload to servers, then suggest the company pick up the expense for the toggle. It's really that simple.
 6 years ago '06        #92
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,789 | Props total: 173 173
people who use macbookpros do alot of video editing and etc.. the ethernet port allows xserver and etc sh*t to run smoothly
 6 years ago '05        #93
ghost213 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,520 | Props total: 745 745
Apple make there money from charing you for what is free.... e.g. most apps the info can be got of the internet but its thrown in an app and Apple charge you for it. They working PC's and laptops backwards now so they can thenget you to rely on itunes n sh*t to make all your purchase's.
 6 years ago '06        #94
realgunta 705 heat pts705
space
space
$20,532 | Props total: 16381 16381
hmm i guess im the only one here who uses the ethernet port on my macbook pro then

only time i go wireless is when im on the go, but when im at home i put my laptop on my desk and plug in

also i will miss the optical drive too, even those i only use it to burn CD's to play in my car, but i still do use it tho

dang
 6 years ago '06        #95
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32 OP
space
space
$17,453 | Props total: 1099 1099
hot topic hustling!
 6 years ago '04        #96
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
I have no use for the optical drive because I upload to my ipod (classic by the way that I've had since 06) and plug that into my car that came with a USB slot.

The loss of Ethernet will be a problem. I plug in where I can because the speed is faster than WIFI. Most WIFI maxes out at 200Mbps, while you will typically get 1GBps on Ethernet. I have seen new routers now that can get you to 600 & 750Mbps.

chitilla23 said:
I make my living building websites - I'm on my macbook all day everyday - $1500 is 1 weeks pay.... It's worth it for people like me.
That's wassup!

King Allister said:
they can not k!ll ETHERNET on the macbook pros... cause 1gigbit >>>>>>>>> 100mbit...

edit: i just had a vision. i know what apple is doing... the ethernet is going to run through their new all in one port. that thunderbolt... they're smart
Intel owns Thunderbolt
 6 years ago '04        #97
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
 PTC said:
shut your dumbass up

no one transfers music and photos and data through ethernet ports these days you fu*kin idiot. Are you trying to say they just say fu*k USB, FIREWIRE and now THUNDERBOLT?

And you go on to say

Again, shows your ignorance. You don't care about statistics?

You talk about stans, yet what about the opposite? It's people like you talking about the stans all day... 1 set of people live their life with no worry about the next lane... the other set worries about the next lane all day long. There may be apple stans, but there are also anti-apple stans and ya'll are really no different in DNA.

Fix your english chinese chicken.
Why do you have to come in threads talking so ignorant? You lose all credibility with "trying" to get your point across, nobody takes you seriously dude, grow up!
 6 years ago '06        #98
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,789 | Props total: 173 173
 Hyper_Intel said:

Intel owns Thunderbolt
but apple is the one who brought it to the forefront
 05-22-2012, 07:20 AM         #99
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 realgunta said:
^^^a mac with those specs u just listed will cost a lot more than $1500
But you won't need 16GB of ram to do a lot of the things you may need 16GB of ram for on a Windows PC. The way Macs run applications and utilize memory sh*ts on Windows.
 05-22-2012, 07:38 AM         #100
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IEEE 802.11ac will bring Gigabit transfers wirelessly. We're probably a good year or two years from it. Apple is doing the same thing they did with HTML 5 or with All in One PCs, they're changing the market and changing the way its users use computers.
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
158 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago