PC: New Macbook Pro rumored to have NO optical drive/ethernet port?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
brand name 6 heat pts
space
space
$836 | Props total: 104 104
 chitilla23 said:
I make my living building websites - I'm on my macbook all day everyday - $1500 is 1 weeks pay.... It's worth it for people like me.
what type of cms do you develop on?

I do php and ruby development...linux is my choice machine....i use mac or windows just for the creative suites, all the heavy development/pushing/pulling is done in ubuntu or red hat

and what's your prefered IDE? if i'm on mac i use coda, anything else i use aptana...

Last edited by brand name; 05-16-2012 at 01:45 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #62
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,614 | Props total: 13676 13676
 paliknight said:
1- CD drives are as useful as envelopes.

2- if you cant afford a wireless router, or internet, then you probably shouldnt be buying a 1500 dollar computer.
What if wired is the preferred connection? Ethernet connections will always be superior to wireless.
 6 years ago '05        #63
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 chitilla23 said:
I make my living building websites - I'm on my macbook all day everyday - $1500 is 1 weeks pay.... It's worth it for people like me.
You make $6000/month consistently building websites?
 6 years ago '07        #64
brand name 6 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said:
that's what I usually make and I'm a 1099
 6 years ago '04        #65
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 Y.G. said:
he should actually be making more according to his calculations. if he has an llc, he has to pay self employment taxes...even without, hes still paying taxes. if hes at a company, thats 2000 a week before taxes to afford that 1500 macbook after.

lol. 8k a month for "making websites". didn't even call himself a developer or anything.
 6 years ago '07        #66
brand name 6 heat pts
space
space
 Scoop said:
didn't even call himself a developer or anything.
haha...yea im a developer/designer that specializes in front-end jquery and UX/UI
 6 years ago '04        #67
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 515 515
Just a play to make more money. You could buy the external optical drive, but expect that to be marked up to no end. And if this somehow doesn't come with an ethernet adaptor, expect that to be about the same amount as the current HDMI adaptor is. Oh, and instead of going for our overpriced optical drive, why not go for our overpriced MP3 player instead? Oh, and get an overpriced car kit so you can use that overpriced MP3 player just like a built-in CD player!

And you sheeple will eat that right up.
 6 years ago '11        #68
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,741 | Props total: 4936 4936
See kids .. when you buy a real computer ... you can make more money .. not just look at fb,youtube,bx
 6 years ago '04        #69
deneye 
space
space
$1,439 | Props total: 17 17
 AmazinJay said:
Apple can do no wrong huh? Every company is not perfect and Apple slips up too. You can never stay at the top of the mountain forever. What comes up, must come down pretty much. Apple has made some mistakes in the past with there products like the iphone in particular.
bro i dont think apple cannot do wrong, it's until another company steps up and decides that they will "lead" the tech world apple will stay at the top. people know the pc is better in regards to specs and overall price per computer. but the thing is apple has made it a beauty contest setting the standard, now someone else has to come in an lead the game it's really simple
 6 years ago '07        #70
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 paliknight said:
1- CD drives are as useful as envelopes.

2- if you cant afford a wireless router, or internet, then you probably shouldnt be buying a 1500 dollar computer.
miss me with the money argument. what if you travel and can't always count on wi-fi? some hotels i stay at provide ethernet cables because the wi-fi is unstable. what if you go from office to office that doesn't have wi-fi covering every square inch?

this is basically demanding people to have a 4G LTE connection, too. not really feeling that. good thing i upgraded my macbook pro recently. might be able to rock out with this for a few more years before upgrading again
 6 years ago '07        #71
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 TYT said:

Professionals like me use clusters of computers to render complex video and animations through Gigabit Ethernet. Macbook Pro

Even my 12-core Mac Pro could use another Ivy Bridge MBP at home to speed up renders. Time is money and they playin with my money if they take out Gigabit Ethernet. And no I don't want to pay an extra 50-100 bucks for a Thunderbolt adapter for it.

Optical drive can kick rocks though.... Especially if they do BTO 2nd Bay HDs.
I think the dude is a clown, too, but can't a professional like you expense the necessary hardware? if you freelance, you can write it off, or factor it into your invoice for a big job. might end up doing that myself for the LTE access with Verizon.
 6 years ago '05        #72
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 brand name said:
that's what I usually make and I'm a 1099
Are you "making websites?"

Last edited by Y.G.; 05-16-2012 at 08:40 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #73
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
Not trying to defend Apple, but the fact is they have all the statistics, and unless you do then you're just talking out your a.ss. I don't personally agree with no ethernet port, but I haven't used mine in forever, same with the optical drive.

To be honest, where technology is at, everything is wireless... so I'd put money that %'s say that most people who have a laptop don't use the ethernet port. Now, I know some dumbass is going to have the urge to quote and say, "Well, I use it!!"... stop.

If you need it, yes there is obviously adapters and all that sh*t...and the way the market is set up, I'm sure you'll be able to get one for a cheap a.ss price... but at the end of the day, we don't have the statistics, but from PERSONAL experience and from what I see around, I rarely see anyone ever use the ethernet port with a laptop unless you're in a specific situation.
 6 years ago '07        #74
brand name 6 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Are you "making websites?"
lead interactive developer at and I'm trying to eventually get my own agency rolling with

all I do is "make sites" haha.

but like i said before...I specialize in front end development and UX/UI

Last edited by brand name; 05-17-2012 at 08:01 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #75
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 brand name said:
lead interactive developer at and I'm trying to eventually get my own agency rolling with

all I do is "make sites" haha.

but like i said before...I specialize in front end development and UX/UI
That's cool. I couldn't be 1099 though, I need guaranteed money.
 6 years ago '07        #76
brand name 6 heat pts
space
space
 Y.G. said:
That's cool. I couldn't be 1099 though, I need guaranteed money.
I enjoy it, I don't feel tied down. Got to write off a lot with taxes this year and I signed a year contract and if I decide to leave or they decide to let me go we have to give each other 2 weeks notice, so I won't be shocked.
 6 years ago '04        #77
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 2730 2730
 PTC said:
Not trying to defend Apple, but the fact is they have all the statistics, and unless you do then you're just talking out your a.ss. I don't personally agree with no ethernet port, but I haven't used mine in forever, same with the optical drive.

To be honest, where technology is at, everything is wireless... so I'd put money that %'s say that most people who have a laptop don't use the ethernet port. Now, I know some dumbass is going to have the urge to quote and say, "Well, I use it!!"... stop.

If you need it, yes there is obviously adapters and all that sh*t...and the way the market is set up, I'm sure you'll be able to get one for a cheap a.ss price... but at the end of the day, we don't have the statistics, but from PERSONAL experience and from what I see around, I rarely see anyone ever use the ethernet port with a laptop unless you're in a specific situation.
Most pro level job uses Ethernet.

People who use MacBook pro are people who are into recording, photo shopping and video editing on the go. They most likely transfer files a lot to their Mac pro. The fastest way to transfer data is using Ethernet port since it by far faster and safer to transfer.

We are talking about the pro line which is function over looks. They basically make the pro line into the air line which is dumb as hell. sh*t do you really think I would waste a thunderbolt port for Ethernet. sh*t they better give me more than 2 thunderbolt port since I most likely need one for display, one for Ethernet, and 2 for actually taking advantage of the port instead of wasting it on something that could easily have their own port(Ethernet, and HDMI)
I don't care what statistic they have since apple has so much stan that they can basically sell you a pile of sh*t and make people think its revolutionary.
 6 years ago '11        #78
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Most pro level job uses Ethernet.

People who use MacBook pro are people who are into recording, photo shopping and video editing on the go. They most likely transfer files a lot to their Mac pro. The fastest way to transfer data is using Ethernet port since it by far faster and safer to transfer.
shut your dumbass up

no one transfers music and photos and data through ethernet ports these days you fu*kin idiot. Are you trying to say they just say fu*k USB, FIREWIRE and now THUNDERBOLT?

And you go on to say

I don't care what statistic they have
Again, shows your ignorance. You don't care about statistics?

You talk about stans, yet what about the opposite? It's people like you talking about the stans all day... 1 set of people live their life with no worry about the next lane... the other set worries about the next lane all day long. There may be apple stans, but there are also anti-apple stans and ya'll are really no different in DNA.

Fix your english chinese chicken.

Last edited by PTC; 05-17-2012 at 02:23 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #79
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 brand name said:
I enjoy it, I don't feel tied down. Got to write off a lot with taxes this year and I signed a year contract and if I decide to leave or they decide to let me go we have to give each other 2 weeks notice, so I won't be shocked.
Breh, that's what's up.
 6 years ago '04        #80
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 2730 2730
 PTC said:
shut your dumbass up

no one transfers music and photos and data through ethernet ports these days you fu*kin idiot. Are you trying to say they just say fu*k USB, FIREWIRE and now THUNDERBOLT?

And you go on to say

Again, shows your ignorance. You don't care about statistics?

You talk about stans, yet what about the opposite? It's people like you talking about the stans all day... 1 set of people live their life with no worry about the next lane... the other set worries about the next lane all day long. There may be apple stans, but there are also anti-apple stans and y
Ethernet max speed is 100gb/s

Usb 3 is 5gb/s

Thunderbolt max speed is 10gb/s

Again I'm the dumb one but yet ethernet has the far superior data transfer over both usb 3 and thunderbolt.

Again there is a fu*king reason many big company put a lot of data through servers that is connected to many ethernet port. Have you ever seen the main servers of any companies and how they transfer data.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy