PC: New Macbook Pro rumored to have NO optical drive/ethernet port?

most viewed right now
 54
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 38
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
59 comments
@games
most viewed right now
 33
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 05-15-2012, 09:15 PM         #41
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 paliknight said:
1- CD drives are as useful as envelopes.

2- if you cant afford a wireless router, or internet, then you probably shouldnt be buying a 1500 dollar computer.
this shiit was stupid
 05-15-2012, 09:20 PM         #42
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CASH1 said:
I hope it has a CD-Drive, I hardly use it, but when I wanna burn a new CD for the car, it's important.
watch it before they clown u for still using a cd player in ur car LOL
 6 years ago '04        #43
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
no ethernet port? that cant be true...i was waiting to cop this but that may be a deal breaker. i have to use the ethernet at work for specific things.
 6 years ago '06        #44
realgunta 704 heat pts704
space
avatar space
space
$20,528 | Props total: 16358 16358
 VictoryThagr8 said:
I don't know. Maybe people who want high end PC that has 16gb ram, 3ghz quad core i7 3rd gen, with solid state hard drive while having gtx 580 sli for gaming or npvdia quaddro and future proof to last a very long time. Then again that rig most likely is in the 2400 range.

sh*t obviously you don't game, or do any serious programming, video editing or photoshopping.

sh*t do you know how long it takes to convert videos on sh*tty computers.

^^^a mac with those specs u just listed will cost a lot more than $1500
 6 years ago '06        #45
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
avatar space
space
$21,788 | Props total: 173 173
 Scoop said:
no ethernet port? that cant be true...i was waiting to cop this but that may be a deal breaker. i have to use the ethernet at work for specific things.
their thunderbolt port is going to be the new ethernet port... it allows 2 streams of 10gbps.

so they're pretty much making everything run through one port now
 6 years ago '04        #46
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 King Allister said:
their thunderbolt port is going to be the new ethernet port... it allows 2 streams of 10gbps.

so they're pretty much making everything run through one port now
ah ok. didn't realize you could get an adapter.
 05-15-2012, 10:30 PM         #47
paliknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 j3rz said:
stfu.
i can see youre very articulate. your contributions to this thread have been very insightful.

 Venom said:
you sheep would justify anything apple puts out
if you actually look at all threads i posted, and all my posts in this section, you would know im the complete opposite of an Apple sheep. I have a custom built (by myself) windows 7/ubuntu PC and a RAZR MAXX. I dont even own 1 apple product.

apple will not get my business until they can match their competitors' hardware.

 VictoryThagr8 said:
1. Firmware updates for wireless routers is not recommended over wifi due to the fact that there is so much interference that it can fail and turn your router into a brick.
2. Too many wifi connection to a router can over heat it.
3. Some router needs Ethernet connection hooked to the pc to set up your wifi.
4. I can get higher top speed over Ethernet than wifi.


Wifi is great, but i take Ethernet cord over wifi especially for gaming or downloading sensitive data.

Not having a CD rom is a different story. Flash cards(sd card) flash drives and cloud storage has made CD from obsolete.


The thing I don't like all these thing missing, is that they takes these things from the Macbook pro line. Isn't this why they created the MacBook air for.

Oh you cant call me broke because my laptop cost around 1500 when I bought it.

I don't know why apple stan think people who don't like apple PC because they can't afford it.
1 can be easily bypassed, 2 and 3 are extremely rare occurrences, but number 4 and what you said after that are very true. didnt think about that.
 tj.iscool said:
this shiit was stupid
whats stupid is replying with your emotion instead of your opinion.
 Scoop said:
ah ok. didn't realize you could get an adapter.
you can get an ethernet/usb adapter, but what he meant was Apple uses a different type of port that they invented called the thunderbolt port that comes on all their recent computers.
 6 years ago '04        #48
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 King Allister said:

you can get an ethernet/usb adapter, but what he meant was Apple uses a different type of port that they invented called the thunderbolt port that comes on all their recent computers.
i know what thunderbolt is. there are ethernet to thunderbolt adapters, which was what i did not know about.
 6 years ago '06        #49
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
I'll pass.
I'm happy with my laptop. Cost me 600 bucks and I've had for three years now.
 6 years ago '06        #50
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
avatar space
space
$21,788 | Props total: 173 173
 VinceTran said:
So basically i got to buy a 50 dollar part to use ethernet after spending 1500? I already have to buy a 50 hdmi dongle. Then i gotta carry this part around too? So dumb

I love apple but some people supportin this is stupid as fuk. They take away feature and people are happy? Maybe next time they have no usbs and people here would be like i dont remember when i used usbs lol. Basically a mac book air..
imo.. the macbook air came with the ethernet dongle...

lets see if they could come up with an one port idea similar to the card slot they have
 6 years ago '04        #51
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
 DallasTexas said:
ur just poor and probably have a toshiba
@ this a.ssclown, still salty about us ending ya nfl season huh
 6 years ago '04        #52
TYT 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$3,441 | Props total: 61 61
 paliknight said:
2- if you cant afford a wireless router, or internet, then you probably shouldnt be buying a 1500 dollar computer.


Professionals like me use clusters of computers to render complex video and animations through Gigabit Ethernet. Macbook Pro

Even my 12-core Mac Pro could use another Ivy Bridge MBP at home to speed up renders. Time is money and they playin with my money if they take out Gigabit Ethernet. And no I don't want to pay an extra 50-100 bucks for a Thunderbolt adapter for it.

Optical drive can kick rocks though.... Especially if they do BTO 2nd Bay HDs.
 6 years ago '04        #53
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 320 320
 JoeDoe22 said:
shame, I transfer large files between my mac and my pc on a regular basis using Ethernet.
You still can
 05-16-2012, 08:12 AM         #54
pimpin007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
1. Firmware updates for wireless routers is not recommended over wifi due to the fact that there is so much interference that it can fail and turn your router into a brick.
2. Too many wifi connection to a router can over heat it.
3. Some router needs Ethernet connection hooked to the pc to set up your wifi.
4. I can get higher top speed over Ethernet than wifi.


Wifi is great, but i take Ethernet cord over wifi especially for gaming or downloading sensitive data.

Not having a CD rom is a different story. Flash cards(sd card) flash drives and cloud storage has made CD from obsolete.


The thing I don't like all these thing missing, is that they takes these things from the Macbook pro line. Isn't this why they created the MacBook air for.

Oh you cant call me broke because my laptop cost around 1500 when I bought it.

I don't know why apple stan think people who don't like apple PC because they can't afford it.

I do alot of internet sharing from my Macbook to my xbox (by ethernet port) on a vpn connection so i can get canadian Netflix
 6 years ago '06        #55
realgunta 704 heat pts704
space
avatar space
space
$20,528 | Props total: 16358 16358
^^^why would u want the canadian netflix?? the US version has wayyyyy more content
 05-16-2012, 11:37 AM         #56
paliknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TYT said:


Professionals like me use clusters of computers to render complex video and animations through Gigabit Ethernet. Macbook Pro

Even my 12-core Mac Pro could use another Ivy Bridge MBP at home to speed up renders. Time is money and they playin with my money if they take out Gigabit Ethernet. And no I don't want to pay an extra 50-100 bucks for a Thunderbolt adapter for it.

Optical drive can kick rocks though.... Especially if they do BTO 2nd Bay HDs.
look at post#48.
 6 years ago '04        #57
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
Apple pimp hand is heavy out here.
Innovation & change is cool but Options > all of that.
The fellatio some of yall giving them is unreasonable at times.
 05-16-2012, 12:24 PM         #58
chitilla23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 twodollars2 said:
what dumbass would spend $1500 on a computer smdh?
I make my living building websites - I'm on my macbook all day everyday - $1500 is 1 weeks pay.... It's worth it for people like me.
 05-16-2012, 12:25 PM         #59
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DallasTexas said:
ur just poor and probably have a toshiba
That shiit stupid & I have a Toshiba Satellite had it 4+ years
An I have a MacBook Pro I just copped a month ago
 6 years ago '04        #60
Skammy Gee 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$2,210 | Props total: 108 108
 twodollars2 said:
what dumbass would spend $1500 on a computer smdh?
spent over 2grand on mine
Im into video editing so I need a bit more power
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 75
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
14 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 74
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
38 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 64
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
99 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 49
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
161 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
49 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy