J.R. Smith is “broke,” so father pushing him to stay in New York

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #61
ironhead 44 heat pts44
space
space
$6,887 | Props total: 5777 5777
Hahahaha
n*gga play pro ball is 'financially broke' and be online showin his GR Jordan game like he doin it
Get aaaaaall the fu*ks up outta here !!
"Its priorities n*gga!"
 6 years ago '07        #62
Gortexmethod 
space
space
$724 | Props total: 150 150
what the fu*k did he do with the money?
 6 years ago '07        #63
hpu413 3 heat pts
space
space
$698 | Props total: 0 0
 braided_uppimp said:
i don't believe he is broke, if he is smh...what n*ggaz do with they paper man?
They spend and don't invest or save.
 6 years ago '07        #64
hpu413 3 heat pts
space
space
$698 | Props total: 0 0
 quan3106 said:
If he broke its prolly his father fault....when a young black dude makes the NBA off hard work they whole damn family think they made the NBA and become entitled...
If you were in that position you would probably help out but at some point you gotta just say no. It's like these athletes think it's a never ending cash flow.
 6 years ago '09        #65
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,116 | Props total: 1654 1654
A lot of ignorance in this thread. Jr smith grew up in a middle class area. My cousin knows people who grew up with jr smith. He father is looking out for him. Jr smith was never good at making good decisions never can't you tell all those tatts, that stupid blood hand shake, young money logo on his neck, getting fine for not going to practice and f!ghting with Denver coach, left his loyal baby mother then dated a tatt hooded girl then money hungry tiaira or w.e her name is. What how father is trying to say in that if jr keep making stupid decisions he will be broke. Jr father has his own money jr needs guidence and that's how some people are in this world it's nothing bad
 6 years ago '09        #66
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,116 | Props total: 1654 1654
This isn't Lamar odom father this is an educated man father
 6 years ago '09        #67
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,024 | Props total: 22356 22356
 Majestic_GMMB said:
Not your whole damn family...but I think if your mom and dad was in your life and helped raised you and get far in your career...Hell yeah they entitled....but maybe his dad wants him to stay in NY because thats where he lives and he can help manage his money better...just an a.ssumption
hell yeah they are. If I raise my kids rich best believe they takin care of me, and same goes for my parents and so on. Then again every family was raised and acts differently. Maybe his pops is a cokehead, but from what I've read over the years his family has been eating good pre-nba days
 6 years ago '04        #68
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 p00rky said:
40%? Where did you get that from? More like 50%. Lets not forget his agents 10-20% fee
More like what the fu*k are YOU talking about? As shady as the government is, they're not taking more than 35-40% from ANYONE. What country are you from? Or are you just a dumbass?
 6 years ago '04        #69
BeatTycoon 268 heat pts268
space
space
$4,151 | Props total: 4 4
 braided_uppimp said:
i don't believe he is broke, if he is smh...what n*ggaz do with they paper man?

[video - click to view]

05-15-2012, 08:21 PM         #70
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so a bunch of internet nerds are laughing at a 26 year old man for EARNING and SPENDING 25.7 mil

and he will make no less than 5 mil this upcoming season

and he lost
 6 years ago '05        #71
Oh_Yea 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,763 | Props total: 0 0
2.5 million broke?
 6 years ago '07        #72
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Dee Grande said:
from what i've read, his dad doesnt want him to risk it. he wants him to take the guaranteed money, get on his feet asap, and then worry about hitting the jackpot later. but unless jr somehow gets injured/in serious trouble, i doubt he'd do any worse than his current contract
a potential starter or instant offense off the bench. He'd get at least someones midlevel 5 milll or better...Truth be told I want him to opt out as ungrateful as it may sound
 6 years ago '05        #73
GameBreaker 
space
space
$1,211 | Props total: 0 0
 p imperial said:
I might be wrong but I remember reading stories bout how jr comes from a good family in an upper middleclass neighbourhood out in jersey

“I’m not a ’hood guy,” Smith told Yahoo! Sports on Monday. “I’m not a street guy. And I’m not a gang member.”

Across basketball, there’s so much talk about Smith needing to leave behind his past, but beyond those tattoos and turbulence, a truth has been lost in the tsk-tsking lectures. His judgment has betrayed him at times, but never his roots.

“J.R. grew up in the woods of Millstone,” his father, Earl, said. “There’s no Bloods. There’s no Crips. The only gangs were the deer.”

According to wiki, median income of millstone township is $104,561....could be jr is just a sheltered dumbass with no sense of personal responsiblity like these whiteboys that get tatted up and try to be rappers with their daddies money
That's kinda considering the way he conducts himself
 05-15-2012, 09:38 PM         #74
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"broke"? what does that mean in this instance? cause some people say tyson was broke...toni braxton was broke........they still had millions.
 6 years ago '04        #75
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,352 | Props total: 8454 8454

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

05-15-2012, 10:02 PM         #76
nc4life 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Qbert said:
I remember when he was a rookie and they had that show on him, I always liked him - thought they gave athletes some courses on how to deal with their finances as well as how to deal with the spotlight. Hope he gets a nice long term deal. The Bobcats could use a scorer. Unless they are committing to Gerald Henderson.
My n*gga, Im from NC n I got 5 homies that can beat the Bobcats in a game lol U right, they need to get more than Henderson.
 6 years ago '04        #77
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
If he has a serious injury
 6 years ago '06        #78
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
When will they learn to spend wisely
 6 years ago '09        #79
six6nine9wpk 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$1,024 | Props total: 778 778
Meant the n*gga in the club and he didn't act like the typical NBA player you run across. I hope this isn't true,
 6 years ago '04        #80
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,016 | Props total: 1904 1904
Tahiry is somewhere laughing right now.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago