most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
90 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
 DurtySoufReppin said:
We already know this, but I'm going anyway, cause it'll be free for me

College is only a scam to an extent. Depends on your major and the intentions you have with your major.
What this man said.
 6 years ago '08        #22
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
people keep hopping into it on some romanticized sh*t, like they're gonna be sitting on piles of money. then reality sets in and they're stuck with that big a.ss loan bill. the holier-than-thou science majors are the funniest
 6 years ago '07        #23
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,743 | Props total: 159 159

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #24
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
College isn't a scam. Colleges don't promise jobs, they promise education. If you don't utilize the resources colleges have to offer while you're there getting you're education (alumni network, career counseling, internships, etc), then that's your fault.
 6 years ago '05        #25
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
what better time than now to follow your dreams - keith clark
 6 years ago '07        #26
cmac23 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,603 | Props total: 0 0
 ImmortalGuru said:
I already knew college was a scam myself. I didn't even finish college, hell only went 1 semester and I'm already working at a web design firm. I know people that graduated from college and still can't get a job to save their life. :(

People could care less if you have an education. They want you to have experience. What sucks is that it's a catch 22. How can you get experience if you don't have a job? I know for the type of job I have, doing free stuff for people and adding it to your portfolio will help you out, and just teach yourself everything. Hell, some of the stuff I've learned has been on here and other websites. College, in all honesty, is pointless unless you're able to go for free(financial aid or the military.)

I say this all time... You need experience. Today is more about networking and knowing people, but you hit the nail on the head.
 6 years ago '05        #27
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,890 | Props total: 5126 5126
I know so many kids who have crappy majors with major debt, and working working below a living wage.

That poster made a n*gga want to tear up...

"3 degree'sp parents dead 135k in debt..." :(

Damn thats rough... Even the medical field is looking rough. Undergrad is expensive as fuk, then you get to PA/MD. And thats another MASSIVE loan... - Which is why im scared to proceed.

But yo, the way shiit is right now only the rich will have amazing careers. Every rich kid i went to school with as a youngster is doing something amazing. I wonder why? All about the hook ups. You dont need a degree, if anything connections to the right people is worth more. n*ggas have bullshiit degree's snagging jobs in finance, and corp reps positions. Wonder how!?

Ask myself everyday am i really gonna be a bio major working a shiit job? Or am can i suck up some more debt and go all in for a PA program. Fuk it, i rather put a bullet in my head than become a slave to this government.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 05-14-2012 at 01:24 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #28
Kokujin Kotei|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,525 | Props total: 1701 1701
Alot of people are saying the same thing and I have to agree with them.
Networking and contributing lands you entry level career positions more so than any college education today:

I can shamelessly say that I (by choice) dropped out of college in persuit of what i love - video games. As loony as that sounds, I've done alot to contribute to my industry - I made alot of friends both in on the community and the corporate side and it has paid off for me!

Now if only I didn't have to pay those college loans back...
 05-14-2012, 01:34 AM         #29
KillahhCamm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
College is an investment and what you make it.. of course if you take out massive amount of loans to attend a 3rd tier school its a scam
 05-14-2012, 01:43 AM         #30
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not sure about other majors... But if you plan on being an Engineer you damn sure can bet your left and right nut you need college.
 6 years ago '04        #31
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,497 | Props total: 6073 6073
full sail
 6 years ago '06        #32
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,700 | Props total: 8662 8662
If you not getting job in demand that makes a lot of money then why go to school?.......end up with a job that has nothing to do with your major
 6 years ago '04        #33
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,021 | Props total: 390 390
 DurtySoufReppin said:
We already know this, but I'm going anyway, cause it'll be free for me

College is only a scam to an extent. Depends on your major and the intentions you have with your major.
#realshyt... most careers want more experience than a person with a degree... like I always tell ppl, college is mostly good for ppl trying to get in to fields of Law, Education, Medical, and stuff like that...
 6 years ago '08        #34
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
College is a scam to a degree. I went to college for one year, then I drop out and made my own business. College is only good if you want a good paying job.

I rather work for myself instead of paying them to work for a corporation that has a higher wage. If you want to learn something, use the internet. Granted, you can learn a trade by looking in Google these days. Then once you learn that trade, create it then you good to go..

When you get the hang of this, before you know it you will KNOW you
are the creator

Last edited by knAwle3ge; 05-14-2012 at 04:30 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #35
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,915 | Props total: 2567 2567
the problem...

1.College is now outdated.. With the burst of technology people can learn exactly what they need to online through self education. Only a few amount of courses actually need to be done at a college. With this brings me to problem 2..

2. Kids need to understand nothing in life is given and you need to be responsible and search for the Knowledge.. The newer generation is spoiled. They want information to be given and not search for it. Hence why "The Conspiracy Theorist" as some say question Media because of the youth sucking up anything given to them without question.

3. College pimp kids into believing you come here you can get a job. ITT tech being one of them. Thats the worse school ever but they profit and grow by the semester. They do anything just to get you to pass and a 2 year a.ssociates degree is 45K to 50K. go for a 4 year degree or go 2 years and switch majors you can easily hit 100K.

In college i learned one valuable lesson. Its not what you know but who you know. I got my job off a friend i met at college. Being a nice educated friendly individual I have a few more on stand by if one falls through. Some I can do well with IT. others Non-IT related just because of who i know.

America has a debt problem and it needs this last financial bubble to pop. If you keep up with the news. The wealthy understand this. they are holding tight because this pop will affect the value of the dollar. Its not a great time to invest in the people but in things that hold value.

So word from the wise avoid debt. even if it means college.
 6 years ago '11        #36
Trolling 64 heat pts64
space
space
$1,947 | Props total: 56 56
So sorry for those who went to get bullsh*t Degrees .

6 years ago '06        #37
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
Honestly, from my experience... Your experience and skill set>>>>>>>your major. I finished school with an international business major and finance minor and when I got out I was able to get IT job offers and even an engineering internship b/c of the fact that in high school and in college I did computer programming on the side along with IT consulting work while in college. Employers didn't even look at my major, they looked at my experiences and skills.

Edit: also knowing someone who can get you on helps greatly, along with networking and internships. You have to use the degree as a marketing tool and not as something that solely controls your destiny. In my opinion, if you have the right skills and experience, you should be fine regardless of what you study as an undergrad unless it's something like fine arts. I know someone who works for the government who had a comm degree for fu*ks sake and makes a nice living.

Last edited by Mintz; 05-14-2012 at 07:47 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #38
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Dee Grande said:
people keep hopping into it on some romanticized sh*t, like they're gonna be sitting on piles of money. then reality sets in and they're stuck with that big a.ss loan bill. the holier-than-thou science majors are the funniest
That science degree got me at 6 figures soooo
 6 years ago '07        #39
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Get a trade or hope to know someone who can hook you up with an opportunity. I knew what it was early on. I can see how college can be good to network, but fu*k the rest. Why should a person go in debt just to attain a degree that'll be pointless once they get out? All I heard in highschool was "go to college blah blah blah". Guidance counselors should help steer you towards every possibility to earn a living once you graduate. Not just "go to college". The stress that I see from people that I know that went to college and can't find a job is ridiculous.
 6 years ago '05        #40
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,890 | Props total: 5126 5126
 ttime236 said:
That science degree got me at 6 figures soooo
what do you do? Ima bio major def not looking at 6 figures.

Im interested in biomedical research atm.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
83 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
70 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy