EXCLUSIVE: Master P Eyes No Limit Records Comeback; Says He’s in Competition with Baby

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-12-2012, 11:19 PM         #61
Drum Gang Joe C 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This n*gga P one of the richest in the rap game. I could see if happening.....but only if he signs good acts...not gotdamn pookie nem in front of the liquor store
 05-12-2012, 11:30 PM         #62
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Esdot said:
Don't even worry about being a major force right now. Make yourself a solid base and try to stay away from the old "No Limit" image. Like a complete 180 on the image.

Smartest thing he can do is fill a void of whats been missing outside of MMG/YMCMB and run with that. Anyone who wants some type of trap or pop mainstream hit is going to get at them.

He needs to take the route of backpack/everyday-man-rap and take that mainstream. Focus on signing independent talent that already have buzz. Get at artists like Dom Kennedy and Casey Veggies who have a strong fan base but are not on the radio. You put Master P behind their name and they'll catch more attention.

He may not get a Drake or Ross, but might get a Wiz or Big Sean.

Actually I respectfully disagree. If anything, there is a clear void/lane for New Orleans styled hip-hop that labels like YMCMB have abandoned. If anything, he grab up Mannie Fressh and reconcile with BBTP if possible, and keep the roster small so that he can take time to develop them right. Also, I would keep the label name- no new no limit or whatever just strictly no limit records because it's a recognizable brand that type of rap music.
 6 years ago '06        #63
SM 38164 heat pts38164
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67131 67131
haha nah
 05-12-2012, 11:54 PM         #64
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its over.,...him and dame are dinosaurs in this game
 6 years ago '05        #65
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,497 | Props total: 1357 1357
don't really think he has any older popular artist to bring back but if he can find them he might have some good sh*t too put out
him and mystikal on good terms still. bet snoop would do tracks with him
 05-13-2012, 02:56 AM         #66
ex-clu-sives 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why yall n*ggas actin like he can't do 1 of 2 or 2 of 2 things:

(1) a Soulja-boi-like dance n*gga

or

(2) a sweet-pea drake a.ss n*gga to carry that futuristic sound into his label

Easy as pumpkin pie.
 6 years ago '04        #67
9th ward Bally 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,644 | Props total: 2880 2880
Let me tell y'all something...back when I was in college I met P because I was in the game down here in New Orleans. Someone told P about me and I met with him at Xavier University; we talked and he told me about how he could make me an instant star-sounded good, but his route wasn't what I wanted at the time. My plan was to start as a local artist and build a fan base, THEN I said I'd sign with him...P thought I was dumb to think like that, but I told him if I didn't have an already established fan base and the plan went sour, then what??? I couldn't do that to myself. When you look at their track record, that's where things worked/failed...look at the comments in this thread "who is Bengie B?" "Who are these no name n*ggas? P gonna fail" those artists who were known were the successful ones for him...Mystikal, Soulja Slim, Mac, Mia, Fiend,Choppa. Then you have unknowns like Prime Suspects, Steady Mobbin, Short Circuit, etc. Who was more popular?
Yeah, P needs to start off at home where we have tons of unsigned talent waiting on their turn. Expand slowly, from New Orleans, to Louisiana, to the South, then beyond; let them shine and keep them happy. That's how you keep it going.....
 6 years ago '05        #68
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
real grown n*gga... with that no hate just friendly competition sh*t...

feel me.. where that type of sh*t been..

i always been that type of n*gga... since ele, mid, and high school... like n*gga you smart.. but i bet i get the better grades...go to the better college.. get the better bi*ch.. get the better job...

..life is all about the motivation of your n*gga.. not your haters (maybe for some)... but i sh*t on haters too quick and keep it movin.. haters can't see my life.. its my homies that i'm competing with.. n*ggas in my league..

and P and birdman in the same league.. birdman got the hype now.. but im SURE p could easily be on top again..
 6 years ago '05        #69
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
 9th ward Bally said:
Let me tell y'all something...back when I was in college I met P because I was in the game down here in New Orleans. Someone told P about me and I met with him at Xavier University; we talked and he told me about how he could make me an instant star-sounded good, but his route wasn't what I wanted at the time. My plan was to start as a local artist and build a fan base, THEN I said I'd sign with him...P thought I was dumb to think like that, but I told him if I didn't have an already established fan base and the plan went sour, then what???

...so umm.. your plan went sour anyway it sounds like?
 6 years ago '05        #70
the407problem 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 231 231
i think he can do it....only cause the masses are retards and will eat up any music that gets radio play.
 6 years ago '04        #71
9th ward Bally 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,644 | Props total: 2880 2880
 Gm0ney85 said:
...so umm.. your plan went sour anyway it sounds like?
No, it didn't. I just didn't sign with him...I stayed local because I went to school and had a bigger plan...ended up not being fu*ked over by P, signed with a company named Last Chance and dropping some underground work. Worked on my second album in '05 that was supposed to drop, but it never did because of Hurricane Katrina....guess what, I'm good...
 6 years ago '06        #72
NCAT_Boi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 19 19
I find it hard to listen to any post-KLC/Beats by the Pound, No Limit Records releases. If I saw the No Limit imprint on anything now, I'd definitely pass it up.
 6 years ago '11        #73
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Gm0ney85 said:
real grown n*gga... with that no hate just friendly competition sh*t...

feel me.. where that type of sh*t been..

i always been that type of n*gga... since ele, mid, and high school... like n*gga you smart.. but i bet i get the better grades...go to the better college.. get the better bi*ch.. get the better job...

..life is all about the motivation of your n*gga.. not your haters (maybe for some)... but i sh*t on haters too quick and keep it movin.. haters can't see my life.. its my homies that i'm competing with.. n*ggas in my league..

and P and birdman in the same league.. birdman got the hype now.. but im SURE p could easily be on top again..
Naw man lol. Saying sh*t like "I got the better bi*ch" will make your mans develop hate for you, it won't motivate sh*t but his urge to do something to you.
 6 years ago '07        #74
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,323 | Props total: 1109 1109
 MiseryCityTexas said:
p shoulda kept currensy and promote him. hell, p had mac and a prime soulja slim and didn't promote them at all either.
^^^ THIS... P wouldnt be able to hang today....
 6 years ago '04        #75
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
P looking flabby and sick like Larry Holmes
 6 years ago '04        #76
barrebeast 1 heat pts
space
space
$536 | Props total: 34 34
as much as i love no limit i dont see him making big waves at all.
i've yet to hear a good track by the new no limit.

if i were P i'd sign some real producers, actual musicians who happen to make beats..
use your network to sell those beats or collaborate to build a name for your team and gain interest from artists

eventually you'll find some chemistry
 6 years ago '07        #77
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
free mac :frown:
 05-13-2012, 11:02 AM         #78
madeulook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Supa Mario 910 said:
T-Bo has been on the label for like 10 years. He was on the last 504 Boyz album.
and?? ive NEVER heard of anyone on the label aside from romeo
 6 years ago '08        #79
Ridah 
space
space
$862 | Props total: 252 252
i don't know who's worst master p or diddy haha, either way both of em need to stick to business ventures cause their music business can NEVER EVER be the same again....
 05-13-2012, 01:17 PM         #80
steviebaby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sign Currensy again
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago