EXCLUSIVE: Master P Eyes No Limit Records Comeback; Says Heís in Competition with Baby

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
8241 pageviews
93 comments

Draped Up 84 heat pts84
space
space
$2,862 | Props total: 679 679
EXCLUSIVE: Master P Eyes No Limit Records Comeback; Says Heís in Competition with Baby

AllHipHop.com received exclusive access to Master P recently, one of Hip-Hopís most successful, independent record label owners, during his visit to the Core DJís Live Mixshow 2012 in Dallas, Texas.

While Master Pís new artists mark his resurgence into the Hip-Hop game, Percy Miller has been taking notes on what the gameís been doing, as he plots to make his next $75 million independently.

ďIím taking this generation, and Iím listening because thatís what music is about, keeping up with your swag and keeping up with your game and being able to get in these clubs, and thatís basically what Iím doing,Ē Master P told AllHipHop.com in an exclusive interview. ďMan, I got a team of youngins around me thatís sick. Miss Chee, Bengie B, T-Bo, we the next generation of this [No Limit Records], and Romeo the boss, and Iím the Chairman, and we all gonna play our role.Ē

[video - click to view]

In keeping up with the times, Master P has been paying close attention to how fellow New Orleans mogul, Birdman ďBabyĒ Williams, has built his Cash Money/Young Money empire.

ďMe and Baby always been cool, man. People donít know, but Iíve always been in competition, because Baby always pushes me, you know what Iím saying, and I always push him. Like right now, heís on top and thatís whatís pushing me. Now Iím like, OK, I gotta check out what they doing. I respect it,Ē Master P explained. ďNow Iím back in this thing, and thatís kind of like my motivation now, you know what Iím saying? I love him because heís from New Orleans, and I want to see him do well, but now I got to get out there and do my thing. He got some big artists over there, so itís like a friendly competition thing now, you know what Iím saying? So I wish him all the best. Nicki Minaj, Drake, Wayne, I mean, you know, they doing they thing, but they motivating me.Ē

Master P took special note of Babyís recent acquisition of former No Limit Records artist, and now YMCMB artist, Mystikal.

ďThatís the thing about music. Somethingís got to motivate you to take your game to the next level. Miss Chee, Bengie B, T.E.C., T-Bo, I mean, itís enough room for all of us to eat. All friendly competition, you know what Iím saying? Nothing serious, you know, we from the streets, man, so itís never been about nothing but a friendly competition,Ē Master P said.

ďSo you know, I feel like right now, I ainít have my game together, and one of my prizes dun went over, and now Iím I kinda like, ĎDamn Mystikal, alright, that was a nice little piece right there.í So now Iím like, ĎOk, now I gotta you knowÖí Thatís how bosses do it, we gotta get on that hustle game and get out there, so we can get that next new talent thatís out there. Itís kind of like different fields of business now, because they big now in the music business, and Iím like starting from the bottom, climbing from the bottom. But Iím gonna climb quick, because I know this business, you know what Iím saying? And Iím ready, my swag so sick right now, man,Ē he added.

[pic - click to view]

EXCLUSIVE: Master P Eyes No Limit Records Comeback; Says He’s in Competition with Birdman | AllHipHop.com

93 comments for "EXCLUSIVE: Master P Eyes No Limit Records Comeback; Says Heís in Competition with Baby"

6 years ago '10        #2
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,741 | Props total: 8665 8665
 05-12-2012, 12:09 AM         #3
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eightytyson06 said:
 6 years ago '05        #4
Flatbush85 53 heat pts53
space
space
$14,372 | Props total: 646 646
That n*gga just need to come out with a brand new name for the label and he needs to stay behind the camera if he wants things to work this time around.
 6 years ago '05        #5
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,174 | Props total: 11696 11696
Miss Chee, Bengie B, T.E.C., T-Bo

6 years ago '07        #6
timdog 918 heat pts918
space
space
$30,431 | Props total: 14796 14796
p>>>>>>>
 6 years ago '05        #7
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,738 | Props total: 1822 1822
If DA LAST DON come back, RIP GOOD MUSIC
 05-12-2012, 12:33 AM         #8
Phillipmcd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
I def wouldnt count P out...

He got a proven track record in the game and the money to make somethin happen...

Yo basically wrote the blueprint for independent artists to milk the game for all its worth..
True. I think P could do it again. He needs a well known rapper to be in the front though, and i don't mean his son
 6 years ago '04        #9
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,659 | Props total: 11296 11296
"too soon, don't do it, reconsider"...
 6 years ago '12        #10
Taste Maker 29 heat pts29
space
space
$3,683 | Props total: 188 188
He could do it..
 6 years ago '07        #11
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
He needs a dope in house production squad first and foremost. From there, he needs rappers from N.O. to hype the city up and create a face for the label.
 6 years ago '04        #12
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,663 | Props total: 6786 6786
I miss the old No Limit, but I know those days are over and P needs to realizes that.

1) Although the TMZ mixtape had some improved production --- scrap the "underground" sounding producers.
2) Make better decisions when signing --- because your not going to take over again with a bunch of no name, no talent artists. There's no lyrical talent --- not even a punch line rapper. You at least need something catch about yourself. None of these artists have any of that.
3) P doesn't have the mindset or marketing skills to make it in music in today's rap game, he's busy trying to live in the past...that's not going to get him anywhere. The only way he's going to get some real attention from the "past" is to reunite with old artists & Beats By The Pound and we know that ain't happening.

Let it go P, and your son is horrible.
 6 years ago '11        #13
broke4dayz 150 heat pts150
space
space
space
$5,939 | Props total: 3387 3387

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #14
Draped Up 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
$2,862 | Props total: 679 679
So do y'all really think he can compete with Baby though ? I mean, B is by far the biggest CEO in rap right now (other than Puff & Jay) and heads the biggest, most profitable camp in the industry. Do y'all think that P can take it to that level ? Or do you think he's seen his prime and will never reach it again.

I personally think he needs to work on his camp, even if he can get one big name down with him it could turn things around, but he's known to be such a shady businessman, even moreso than Baby...I'd rather work with B than P nowadays
 6 years ago '11        #15
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Nyuzi said:
He needs a dope in house production squad first and foremost. From there, he needs rappers from N.O. to hype the city up and create a face for the label.
Word
 6 years ago '11        #16
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #17
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Draped Up said:
So do y'all really think he can compete with Baby though ? I mean, B is by far the biggest CEO in rap right now (other than Puff & Jay) and heads the biggest, most profitable camp in the industry. Do y'all think that P can take it to that level ? Or do you think he's seen his prime and will never reach it again.

I personally think he needs to work on his camp, even if he can get one big name down with him it could turn things around, but he's known to be such a shady businessman, even moreso than Baby...I'd rather work with B than P nowadays
His rep for not paying his artists and producers may hurt him. But then again, it didn't stop anyone from signing with CMR. P would have to find a marketable artists from likely outside NO. None of the artist he mentioned are that, going off names alone. A name change/brand revamping is necessary. Everyone from Ross to CM has had to do it. The No Limit name isn't going anywhere. What P could start doing is just start scooping up artists like CM did and see what hits, and if they don't hit just run a daycare/label. But I would focus on finding an artists with good marketability, maybe a female, link them up with a good producer and put all my chips behind her/him. From there, I'd build the label around them.
 05-12-2012, 09:37 AM         #18
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Personally I think he could do it, its all about getting the right production team, small team of artists to concentrate on, and upgrading his business/ marketing model to include aspects of the current state of the industry. Cause people tend to forget that he made a bunch of so-called no-names into superstars.
 6 years ago '10        #19
Troublesome91 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,404 | Props total: 2563 2563
 6 years ago '07        #20
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,575 | Props total: 1045 1045
he is in no way competing with Baby and slim... master p is cheap as fu*k. he can easily get back in the game by doing features for other big artists, signing or working with the hottest producers in the game, signing the hottest artist in the game and putting out quality music.

if he was smart he would team up with MMG

MMG/No limit would look good on the back of a cd cover. P is stingy , he don't want to spend no money.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy