Ab-Soul "Control System" (2012)

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What you think of the mixtape
5/5 - Classic 40 37.04%
4/5 57 52.78%
3/5 10 9.26%
2/5 0 0%
1/5 0 0%
0/5 - Weed Plate 1 0.93%
Voters: 108. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
yungdreacb 
space
space
space
$384 | Props total: 0 0
 Scream @ Me said:
Hmmm. I'm not sure if I like Ab-Soul that much. He comes off as a dude that TRIES to come off as this smart/cerebral artist through titles (example: 'Pineal Gland), but when you actually listen, dude isn't saying much. I listened to the tracks posted in the thread and they were 'ehhh'. (Aside from Kendrick rippin' sh*t, of course). I'ma skip on this and Ab. If somebody can toss me his best, illest track, do so.. just hit my "prop" button so I know what to look out for.

Peace.
I think he know what he talking about but he use the Titles and make songs metaphorically about the titles......I.E Bohemian Grove......obviously he know the knowledge. But it wud be boring to hear tons of conspiracy raps...so he take the titles and make dope songs and at the same time listeners gonna go right to google and research. So i think he's doing it in own way...dropping jewels i mean.
 6 years ago '04        #22
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,926 | Props total: 4286 4286
Honestly I gave it a 5.
 05-14-2012, 12:49 PM         #23
mk88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Bully said:
book of soul r.i.p. alori joh
word, yo that sh*t touched me man, a brotha almost wanted to shed a tear out my wig in the vehicle

i'm happy i copped the album, now im hyped for k!ller mikes sh*t tomorrow
 6 years ago '10        #24
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 563 563
Gave it a 4 because I cant call it a classic, but to me its a great album on par with "Section 80". TDE keeps dropping quality titles and this one is no exception. I think Ab does a little bit of everything on this and the TDE producers have taken elements of what sounds to me like the Rza, mid 90's west coast alt hip hop, screw and jazz and gave Ab a melancholic back drop for him to run wild on.
I feel like I get his sense of humor and that he is honest in his music. He has shown steady improvement between LT1 and Control System. This is going to get a lot of rotation time for me in the next few months.
 6 years ago '10        #25
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
This is a great project...he puts his heart and soul on each track and is giving listeners knowledge...black hippy is k!lling and TDE projects stay with good production
 6 years ago '10        #26
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
"Double Standards" is a great song from the production and by just what he is saying...I love how it samples "Power"
 6 years ago '10        #27
GBREEZE 260 heat pts260
space
space
$12,101 | Props total: 7456 7456
Nelly Furtado cover tho?
 05-16-2012, 02:23 AM         #28
SlickFoxx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 knowlege bass said:
Gave it a 4 because I cant call it a classic, but to me its a great album on par with "Section 80". TDE keeps dropping quality titles and this one is no exception. I think Ab does a little bit of everything on this and the TDE producers have taken elements of what sounds to me like the Rza, mid 90's west coast alt hip hop, screw and jazz and gave Ab a melancholic back drop for him to run wild on.
I feel like I get his sense of humor and that he is honest in his music. He has shown steady improvement between LT1 and Control System. This is going to get a lot of rotation time for me in the next few months.
I agree with you, and only gave him a 4 cause he made me cry thinking bout his girl. I told him I don't like to be sad when I listen to music, but when Lori died that really hurt. RIP Aloriana Johnson

download my mixtape for free! find the link below and enjoy! oh yeah more Ab on my mixtape also
 6 years ago '11        #29
henryj93 
space
space
$259 | Props total: 78 78
can someone send me a link please?
 6 years ago '06        #30
bugzbirdman 
space
space
$422 | Props total: 10 10
Ab-Soul really surprised me with this album. I love how he's spitting real sh*t, like Bohemian Grove and SOPA, causing n*ggas to start learning about the world around them. Best music I heard all year. 4.5 out of 5
 6 years ago '04        #31
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
Best album I have heard this year.

His flow, delivery, and passion/emotion on the mic is top notch. The production is amazing and the features are special.

5/5 BLACK HIPPY>>>>>>>>>>
 6 years ago '10        #32
GBREEZE 260 heat pts260
space
space
$12,101 | Props total: 7456 7456
so we just gonna act like nelly furtado is the cover for this album?

[pic - click to view]

05-17-2012, 03:40 PM         #33
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 05-18-2012, 09:46 AM         #34
mk88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^fu*k, i hope i can get a copy of that sh*t! im registering right now
 05-18-2012, 09:48 AM         #35
mk88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas buggin, 15 plus 8 dollars shipping and handling...AND i already bought the album on itunes?

nah cuh, im koo

For those that are interested, they also have schoolboy qs hnc and section .80 autographed hardcopies available too. So you don't have to register with that one site that s7ven posted...you can get em here

Last edited by mk88; 05-18-2012 at 09:52 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #36
SebastianDagr8 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$78 | Props total: 1 1
I've been bumping this for like a week now and yall who said you don't like it, what do you like? I mean honestly, if you know anything of music, when you listen to The Book Of Soul, that song is so ill. Kinda makes you teary when he talks about his relationship with Alori. Then that Illuminate track, mannnnnnnnnn. This was my first Ab-Soul album, I always heard individual tracks, but I'm definitely a fan after that. 5 star

Last edited by SebastianDagr8; 05-20-2012 at 08:35 AM..
 05-20-2012, 12:07 PM         #37
sloppy1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Extra pills! Soul0 hoe
 6 years ago '11        #38
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,660 | Props total: 4769 4769
these westcoast n*ggas got the glow- bruce leeroy
 6 years ago '06        #39
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
ab souls the crowned jewel of the rap game.. n*ggas dont kno.. he and kendrick both the best rap has right now..
 6 years ago '04        #40
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 iCON-8 said:
ab souls the crowned jewel of the rap game.. n*ggas dont kno.. he and kendrick both the best rap has right now..
they are getting their Jordan/Pippen on in the rap game.

Black Hippy is the best crew out and imo its not even close to being close.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago