May 10 - College Degrees Employers Want Most

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #61
PrimeTimeJones3 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,788 | Props total: 925 925
I dont know even know yall and I'm proud of yall...

I havent got my break yet but its coming
 6 years ago '06        #62
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 97 97
 PrimeTimeJones3 said:
I dont know even know yall and I'm proud of yall...

I havent got my break yet but its coming
That's right bro! Stay positive and keep grinding!
 6 years ago '07        #63
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 1109 1109
 eightytyson06 said:
better yet ronnie give us a section for BA, CIS, Acct, and Finance
CMON Ronnie lets get it
 6 years ago '07        #64
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
70 credits away from a B.B.A haha
 6 years ago '10        #65
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
 infam0uskills said:
Im 27, I was a jr financial analyst at 24 and got promoted to a financial analyst after I turned 26. I was doing the full time school and work for a good 4 years, got the experience with the schooling at the same time. 30k in school loans after I graduated, cause I wanted to still live like the work was paying off. Now a n*gga is making close to 68k a year, there are times where the job is stressful but it aint that serious. Now Im steady stacking, investing, and trying to get a government position. But having a banging resume and references of people that matter mos def helps.

My boy works as an auditor for the US air force, hes banking heavier than me and he only has a bachelors in accounting, he got lucky through some program when he was in college. But doesn't hurt to have a government employee as a reference
What are you investing in? Cause being single with no kid and making close to 70K is alot of money.

I wanna invest once I start my career
 6 years ago '10        #66
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
that business admin is bs.... it so many people with that BS degree. lol
 05-10-2012, 09:51 PM         #67
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Account001 said:
that business admin is bs.... it so many people with that BS degree. lol
Agree. Who makes these lists is laughable. Why isn't economics, mathematics or health sciences up there? Those are all in heavy demand by instead they put up mostly commerce. Not to mention who makes a top 5 list anyway? Wouldn't it be more helpful to make a top 10 list instead?

Yahoo is a joke.

Last edited by Drone; 05-10-2012 at 09:53 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #68
StillScrappy 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,940 | Props total: 63 63
And he goes for the shot #222222222222222222222222222222222 Straight in yall pus*y.
 6 years ago '10        #69
StillScrappy 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,940 | Props total: 63 63
 Darkdrone said:
Agree. Who makes these lists is laughable. Why isn't economics, mathematics or health sciences up there? Those are all in heavy demand by instead they put up mostly commerce. Not to mention who makes a top 5 list anyway? Wouldn't it be more helpful to make a top 10 list instead?

Yahoo is a joke.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

05-10-2012, 10:06 PM         #70
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why would I be mad? My future is bright and I have a plan for success. The list is flawed, thats all.

Last edited by Drone; 05-10-2012 at 10:12 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #71
Kewop Decam 79 heat pts79
space
space
space
$15,973 | Props total: 9739 9739
 Darkdrone said:
Why would I be mad? My future is bright and I have a plan for success. The list is flawed, thats all.
Yea u mad
 6 years ago '04        #72
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,431 | Props total: 5517 5517
 Space 2020 said:
What are you investing in? Cause being single with no kid and making close to 70K is alot of money.

I wanna invest once I start my career
nah I got a seed and a wife, but my lady was patient with a lot of things and we both gave sh*t up. Now that im pretty good on my feet and we're cruisin, my lady is going to school now.

As for investments, I did pretty good with my companys 401k when the market tanked and my company was 2:1 with my 401k contributions, so I maxxed on certain ones and came up a little. I also gambled on AIG when they tanked to .13 cents, I put in 5k and AIG is sitting at like $32 but at a 2:1 split so its more less $16 a share. I also bet on sports alot, but I dont bet crazy high just enough to make some profit and use it for misc bills. I also invested $10k after I graduated with my Portfolio Analysis professor, as my financial consultant since he only charged me 3% since I was his student. He's been bringing me back 11-13% annually for the past 4 years. I did all this as I was going through school, since I had to learn the sh*t anyway, I thought I'd put it to use.

Remember, you make that money work for you.
 6 years ago '10        #73
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
 infam0uskills said:
nah I got a seed and a wife, but my lady was patient with a lot of things and we both gave sh*t up. Now that im pretty good on my feet and we're cruisin, my lady is going to school now.

As for investments, I did pretty good with my companys 401k when the market tanked and my company was 2:1 with my 401k contributions, so I maxxed on certain ones and came up a little. I also gambled on AIG when they tanked to .13 cents, I put in 5k and AIG is sitting at like $32 but at a 2:1 split so its more less $16 a share. I also bet on sports alot, but I dont bet crazy high just enough to make some profit and use it for misc bills. I also invested $10k after I graduated with my Portfolio Analysis professor, as my financial consultant since he only charged me 3% since I was his student. He's been bringing me back 11-13% annually for the past 4 years. I did all this as I was going through school, since I had to learn the sh*t anyway, I thought I'd put it to use.

Remember, you make that money work for you.

Thanks! Good stuff here, good luck with everything your workin on
 6 years ago '08        #74
I.J. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,351 | Props total: 596 596
Computer science with minor in business
 6 years ago '04        #75
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,585 | Props total: 439 439
More power to those who can complete these majors and spend their entire life doing these jobs. All I know is that the only one I can see myself doing is #5, I don't care about the money if I have to do one of the most boring jobs for the majority of my life. But I have some friends who actually enjoy that which is good but don't go and major in these fields if you don't enjoy them because you will be miserable.
 6 years ago '04        #76
bomester 
space
space
$2,634 | Props total: 0 0
I have a BS in Accountancy and work as an Accounting Senior for the state... I hate accounting. I'm working on getting my Masters in Nursing as we speak.
 6 years ago '06        #77
DJ Endo 
space
space
$924 | Props total: 67 67
does MIS w/ a CS minor count as #3?
 05-11-2012, 12:10 AM         #78
KufiSmacka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree with all the people arguing for Health Sciences to be in the top 5. I don't know how this cannot be number one for the next 40 years. The Baby Boomers are all getting old now and the demand for nurses, medical doctors (especially those who specialize in cardiology, oncology, etc), chiropractors, physical therapists, physician a.ssistants, and nurse practitioners is SKYROCKETING!

I still definitely respect all of the top 5 choices and completely understand why they are up there, :applause: but health care seriously has to be in there somewhere...?
 6 years ago '06        #79
Aesop1 2 heat pts
space
space
$976 | Props total: 47 47
Got a B.A in Economics..

i've had terrible luck in NYC.

Thinking about going back for a degree in Health Economics or ( International)Economic Development
 6 years ago '10        #80
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,300 | Props total: 1952 1952
 PrimeTimeJones3 said:
i think ppl should do whats best for them...some ppl dont like numbers like that

at the same time...you want to make a nice living...

alot of experience is the meat...degrees are the icing on the cake IMO...

most companies value experience...

im trying to get a new position now yet i keep gettin told they will focus on candidates who has more experience in that area...

i respect that I do but @ the same time How can i ever get some experience if no one ever hires me or give me the opportunity to gain some?
yessssssssssss, i hate that sh*t
Home         

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
265 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
77 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
33 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
99 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy