Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
37 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
217 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
155 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2275 2275
Colleges Majors With Low Unemployment

Degree #4 - Marketing and Communications

Are you a social [media] butterfly who's looking for a degree that could get employers' attention? You might want to think about earning a degree in marketing and communications.

Why? Looking at numbers from the Georgetown report, the degree is trending, baby! In fact, it found that experienced grads in this area had a low unemployment rate of just 6 percent, with recent grads at a 7.3 percent rate.

Heathfield says "...things like social media is what companies want knowledge in. It's the fastest growing part of marketing and people with knowledge about social media will be in great demand."

She adds that market researchers, many of whom have a bachelor's degree in market research and communications, will also be in demand. "So I see social media experts, market research analysts, and survey researchers holding hands and leading us into the future," says Healthfield.

Click to Find the Right Marketing and Communications Program Now.

What You'll Learn: According to the College Board, marketing majors learn how to create and sell new products and services in ways that build a large, loyal group of customers. As a marketing student, you'll study things like consumer behavior, international markets, and promotions.
Graphic Design >>>> lol

6 years ago '09        #42
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621
imma business admin major graduatin may 17th
 6 years ago '06        #43
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 97 97
I fu*kin hate numbers. Majored in Public Communications. Took mad speech/debate/media/cultural/rhetoric classes. sh*t was crazy interesting and not terribly hard since I like to read and write.

Worked at ESPN 760 radio station in West Palm Beach while in college, now working at General Electric Credit Union in HR.

Learn how to communicate effectively muh'fu*kas. It'll get you far in life.
 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM         #44
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
to a big company, they'd take Business admin over computer information, which isn't even the correct field, but still, anyone can read a book, and the internet has all that information...I taught myself all the computer sh*t I know....it's harder to maintain others who are incompetent and don't listen....
 6 years ago '10        #45
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,744 | Props total: 8670 8670
didnt know we had so many business majors

cheers to bx brotherhood

[pic - click to view]

lets start some kind of corp
 6 years ago '05        #46
FalconBuddha 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,615 | Props total: 1687 1687
#5 for now
 6 years ago '05        #47
Shazam 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,264 | Props total: 1230 1230
 A.G said:
My coworker's little brother did finance at Ivey and he's working as a barista at starbucks.
what is Ivey? You mean an Ivy League? Damn he did something to really mess up then if you major in finance from an Ivy League school and end up with a job at Starbucks. I don't understand how that would happen...hmm... Does he live in a town w/ a crappy job market and refuses to move to NYC, Chi, DC, LA, ATL, etc? Did he graduate with a 2.00 (even then I think he'd be able to find something better than Starbucks)? Does he have a lengthy criminal record? Did he just not try to get a job?

Anyways, I'm an accounting major and myself and all of the other acct majors basically get jobs a year in advance before we even graduate. Most large public accounting firms hire their incoming crop of new hires a year in advance. It's pretty sweet b/c it takes all the pressure off of you early on in the school year to know that you've got something lined up for after you graduate.

But at the same time, accounting is a difficult major and even though I know I haven't been trying as hard as I would've been if I didn't have my job offer in hand I've still had to work harder this year in my accounting classes just to get mostly B's (hopefully avoided any C's still waiting for grades to come in) than my friends who major in the easy subjects like Sociology, History, Poli Sci, English, etc. do to get A's.

And while jobs in public accounting are plentiful, they seem to be much more stressful and demanding than jobs in most other fields, or so I hear. But you also don't have to do public accounting for your whole life, it's a great entry point and I'm really looking forward to starting my job and seeing firsthand what it's really like.

If anyone is thinking about an ACCT major and has any questions, I'll be happy to fill you in and share my experiences.
 6 years ago '10        #48
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,744 | Props total: 8670 8670
better yet ronnie give us a section for BA, CIS, Acct, and Finance
 6 years ago '04        #49
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 chctynig2804 said:
i'm a finance major...only 3 semesters left thank god
keep it up

i graduated with a math major and stat minor and if i could go back again, i'll do finance. Many nights and frustrations i had to go through with math. All the finance, econ, and accounting classes i took i k!lled them. Now i'm trying to get into the finance field with what i have but it is what it is
 6 years ago '04        #51
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,606 | Props total: 1774 1774
 PrimeTimeJones3 said:
i think ppl should do whats best for them...some ppl dont like numbers like that

at the same time...you want to make a nice living...

alot of experience is the meat...degrees are the icing on the cake IMO...

most companies value experience...

im trying to get a new position now yet i keep gettin told they will focus on candidates who has more experience in that area...

i respect that I do but @ the same time How can i ever get some experience if no one ever hires me or give me the opportunity to gain some?

And that my friend, is the mindfu*k you deal with. Now it becomes a battle of not what u know, but WHO u know. Knowing the right people will get u experience. Its bullsh*t, but thats the answer they'll give you.
 6 years ago '09        #52
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,980 | Props total: 1850 1850
Working on #5. Two semesters left :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '04        #53
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,606 | Props total: 1774 1774
 luckluck said:
I fu*kin hate numbers. Majored in Public Communications. Took mad speech/debate/media/cultural/rhetoric classes. sh*t was crazy interesting and not terribly hard since I like to read and write.

Worked at ESPN 760 radio station in West Palm Beach while in college, now working at General Electric Credit Union in HR.

Learn how to communicate effectively muh'fu*kas. It'll get you far in life.
This....is REAL talk. lol
 6 years ago '09        #54
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,111 | Props total: 1652 1652
#5 i get my a.sscoiates and then start grad school in December. But I think I want to do international business
 6 years ago '04        #55
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,433 | Props total: 5517 5517
 carden2 said:
how much experience do you have at your position

my degree is cpu science and im a systems analyst.
Im 27, I was a jr financial analyst at 24 and got promoted to a financial analyst after I turned 26. I was doing the full time school and work for a good 4 years, got the experience with the schooling at the same time. 30k in school loans after I graduated, cause I wanted to still live like the work was paying off. Now a n*gga is making close to 68k a year, there are times where the job is stressful but it aint that serious. Now Im steady stacking, investing, and trying to get a government position. But having a banging resume and references of people that matter mos def helps.

My boy works as an auditor for the US air force, hes banking heavier than me and he only has a bachelors in accounting, he got lucky through some program when he was in college. But doesn't hurt to have a government employee as a reference
 6 years ago '04        #56
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,009 | Props total: 85 85
 Toss said:
#5 iget my a.sscoiates and then start grad school in December. But I think I want to do international business
 05-10-2012, 08:15 PM         #57
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think this article is flawed and to be honest useless. Every year they have this and every year they overestimate the earning. Not to mention there are a lot of variables into getting a job. I know plenty of people who are in these careers who don't have jobs whether it be due to bad resumes, terrible interviews or the economy as a whole.

In my opinion it should be like this

1) Computer Science
2) Mathematics
3) Engineering (One set)
4) Economics/Finance/Accounting
5) Health Sciences

Last edited by Drone; 05-10-2012 at 08:23 PM..
 6 years ago '12        #58
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
 eightytyson06 said:
better yet ronnie give us a section for BA, CIS, Acct, and Finance
:applause:

Get on it BX!

We tryna change the world!!!
 6 years ago '11        #59
Rishi P 
space
space
$739 | Props total: 49 49
Got the finance degree been in financial services for 5 years
 05-10-2012, 08:22 PM         #60
JackMeHoff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Working on a combination of #3 and #5. Labeled Management Information Systems. Figured I cant go wrong with that.
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
72 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy