Is LeBron Jame$ the Best Player Since Michael Jordan? (First Take Debate) (video)

most viewed right now
 65
Damn!! Is all I can say
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 58
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 37
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Is LeBron Jame$ the Best Player Since Michael Jordan?
Ye$ 46 42.59%
No 62 57.41%
Voters: 108. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #101
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
without even mentioning Kobe..........

Shaq
Duncan


Hell even Wade,Pierce,KG, Dirk still ahead of Bron.



JUST BECAUSE THEY DEBATE IT DO NOT MEAN IT'S TRUE!!!!!
 6 years ago '10        #102
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$12,563 | Props total: 5927 5927

[pic - click to view]


The GOAT.

/thread
 6 years ago '11        #103
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
Wilts dominance is not even because of the players he played against, but the system of play he was in. The pace of the game was astronomical, nobody gave a fu*k on defense (or rather the way rules were setup), and teams were scoring 120 a game.

When you are playing at that crazy pace, your rebounds get inflated. As well as your points if you get 40 shots a game all within the context of the offense.
 6 years ago '09        #104
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$36,274 | Props total: 19428 19428
 Bart Pimpson said:
without even mentioning Kobe..........

Shaq
Duncan


Hell even Wade,Pierce,KG, Dirk still ahead of Bron.



JUST BECAUSE THEY DEBATE IT DO NOT MEAN IT'S TRUE!!!!!
Bron is ahead of Wade and Pierce currently and will rank higher than KG and Dirk in due time imo...
 6 years ago '12        #105
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,256 | Props total: 744 744
 Frank Hampton said:
Wilts dominance is not even because of the players he played against, but the system of play he was in. The pace of the game was astronomical, nobody gave a fu*k on defense (or rather the way rules were setup), and teams were scoring 120 a game.

When you are playing at that crazy pace, your rebounds get inflated. As well as your points if you get 40 shots a game all within the context of the offense.
the pace of the game is higher but the starters also didn't get a break. no one in today's game could play those minutes without seeing dips in their efficiency either. wilt set the record for field goal percentage in a season and 3 of the top 5. wilt averaged more than 48 minutes in a season. excluding 8 minutes where he got ejected he played every minute of every game in an 82 game season playing at a faster pace where they ran more. no one in today's game could do that even with the technology and training available. there really was no such thing as a 6th man in those days. it was a different game.

nobody gave a fu*k on defense? so i guess bill russell didn't play in that era. and like i said before wilt played against the best in his era more often. wouldn't his numbers look better if he played against bill russell and those celtics teams less as well? kobe and bron have played each other less than 20 times in their career. wilt and russell played against each other 142 times in the same time frame. don't the players in today's game get the benefit as well for not playing against the best teams as often?

wilt's era had it's advantages but also it's disadvantages. not saying he would be as dominant averaging 50 but i honestly believe that he could still be the best player or atleast could be argued to be the best in any era of basketball.




  147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *


Last edited by Fearless Genius; 05-09-2012 at 07:59 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #106
XxTuRb04xX 
space
avatar space
space
$805 | Props total: 0 0

[pic - click to view]



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


[pic - click to view]



 6 years ago '12        #107
GucciBoy347 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$10,377 | Props total: 773 773
n*ggas really saying bron isnt better than Kevin Durant and Melo ? I'm not even a big lebron fan, and I think Kobe is the greatest since mike, but C'MON SON . Kobe > Bron >>>>>> Other NBA Players .
 6 years ago '06        #108
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$7,578 | Props total: 4556 4556
KD is not and has never been on Bron's level, only an extreme LBJ hater would think so.
 6 years ago '04        #109
teezee 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$190 | Props total: 0 0
 SeaJaiye said:
as a player, kobe is nowhere on bron's level. he's a one dimensional scorer kobe in his prime = losing 3-1 series leads in the first round

lebron in his prime = MVP awards and deep postseason runs
jordan in his prime = MVP awards and deep postseason runs

as a player, kobe cant compare


I can't hear you clearly with Lebron's d!ck in ya mouth.

Every post I read from you is Kobe ain't sh*t and Kobe ain't that. You got Lebron posters all over your wall, we get it, move the fu*k on n*gga
 6 years ago '04        #110
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,773 | Props total: 1103 1103
Is LeBron Jame$ the Best TALENT Since Michael Jordan? (First Take Debate) (video)

^^^^OP, I fixed the thread title so this sh*t makes sense.
 6 years ago '04        #111
teezee 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$190 | Props total: 0 0
Let me preface this by saying, I respect Lebron. I like Lebron.
Lebron is the most dominant player in the game, period.
But so was Shaq.
And nobody ever called Shaq the best player in the game.
Wilt was the most dominant, yet everybody knew Oscar Robertson was the best player.
Dominant and best are two distinct things.

Again, Lebron is the most dominant. Kobe, best pure player in the league.

Albeit Lebron's best skills are his vision/passing and his ability to make others around him better. He is the Magic Johnson of today in that regard. This part of his game is what makes him distinct from Kobe. He is also a great off-the-ball defender with unparalleled defensive instinct.

But looking further in his game, Lebron's arsenal is pure PHYSICAL yet lacks the basketball IQ and MENTAL acumen that Kobe possesses. He dominates bc he's bigger than you, faster than you, stronger than you, jumps higher than you and is just relentless. He imposes his will at anytime and there is nothing you can do to stop it i.e. Shaq. His game isn't pretty, he isn't graceful, he's like Hulk and just smashes everything in his way. His game down on the block is hideous for a man of his size. Lebron's game is all about physical things unrelated to the game of basketball. Running and jumping is not basketball. But since he is 6"8" with bunnies, his game seems to be enhanced. But really it isn't.

Kobe is a pure basketball player. If he wanted to league the league in a.ssists, he could, he has the talent to do that. But he is not paid to do that, there are of plenty of n*ggaz in the league that can facilitate that need. Kobe's J and post game rival that of MJ, bold and italicize this. Some players and coaches around the league would argue so. I think Jordan was a better defender than Kobe. I also think he was more athletic than Kobe. He also had one thing that made him special and that was his ability to hang in the air longer than his defenders. Kobe doesn't have MJ's athleticism or bunnies but what he lacks he makes up for with timely scoring when you NEED IT and his ability to make the shot that nobody ever in the game of basketball has ever witnessed, not even Jordan. Kobe's degree of difficulty on shots is above all and has no peer in this regard. He is a k!ller.

Both Lebron and Kobe are great players. But comparing the two by paper stats or by how many rings they have doesn't do justice. It's like comparing Hakeem to Iverson.

Lebron vs. Kobe. Again I like Lebron but I'm also not playing favorites here. There are things that the other cannot do. Kobe can't defend, pass or ballhawk like Bron. And Lebron can't shoot or score like Kobe. One is dominant and succeeds by brute strength and speed, things that can't be taught. The other succeeds on guile, intelligence and will. And to add insult to injury these guys are in different times in their careers, yet at the end of the day, if you n*ggaz still wanna crown Lebron bc he looks better than Kobe on paper, I'm not going to stop you bc it proves nothing. Winning is the all end all truth when it comes to sport and Mamba is the epitome of that. No lie


Last edited by teezee; 05-09-2012 at 09:25 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #112
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 EnlightenMe said:
the pace of the game is higher but the starters also didn't get a break. no one in today's game could play those minutes without seeing dips in their efficiency either. wilt set the record for field goal percentage in a season and 3 of the top 5. wilt averaged more than 48 minutes in a season. excluding 8 minutes where he got ejected he played every minute of every game in an 82 game season playing at a faster pace where they ran more. no one in today's game could do that even with the technology and training available. there really was no such thing as a 6th man in those days. it was a different game.

nobody gave a fu*k on defense? so i guess bill russell didn't play in that era. and like i said before wilt played against the best in his era more often. wouldn't his numbers look better if he played against bill russell and those celtics teams less as well? kobe and bron have played each other less than 20 times in their career. wilt and russell played against each other 142 times in the same time frame. don't the players in today's game get the benefit as well for not playing against the best teams as often?

wilt's era had it's advantages but also it's disadvantages. not saying he would be as dominant averaging 50 but i honestly believe that he could still be the best player or atleast could be argued to be the best in any era of basketball.
One person does not equal everybody
 05-09-2012, 09:51 PM         #113
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This whole thread is disturbing
 6 years ago '12        #114
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,256 | Props total: 744 744
 Frank Hampton said:
One person does not equal everybody
you misrepresented the point of what i was trying to say by disregarding the sentences right after. yes one person doesn't equal a whole era. did you read the part where i said how man times those two (wilt and russ) matched up with each other in relation to other star players of today's game? that was my point. and even if i told you about some of the players and teams that i haven't already mentioned during wilt's day like you would dismiss them because you don't know who they are or are just arrogant. that era collectively played defense whether you want to admit it or not.

since you like numbers here are some for you. during wilt's career the league average for fg% was .438. while during bron's time (used bron because that was the subject of this thread) it is .453. now take into account during wilt's day that there wasn't a three point line and that most shots were taken closer to the basket and that's a big statistical disparity. before you say players couldn't shoot either, free throw percentage has stayed the same throughout league history (which is the only fair statistical metric we can use). and it's not as if players couldn't shoot from outside so to not space the floor (i.e. jerry west, havliceck, rick barry, gail goodrich, elgin baylor, oscar robertson). so if no one cared about defense why were players shooting a lower percentage league wide? and keep in mind there were far less teams back then and less players playing. meaning the really good and elite players would skew the averages more heavily back then than they do now. it's not like anyone would be forcing them into tough shots because no one played defense according to you; so how do you explain the disparity?

and i like how you didn't address any of my other points in my other posts as well and just dismissed them




  147 - 42 STRK: 5 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *


Last edited by Fearless Genius; 05-10-2012 at 12:21 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #115
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,683 | Props total: 203 203
1) you can't talk about the "greatest player since Jordan" and not mention Kobe in a 6 minute convo. that's ridiculous
2) "if we don't get it done this year, this season is not a failure" - LeBron. just shows his lack of greatness.
3) if lebron faces kobe this year in the finals, do you REALLY think kobe is going to let lebron win and get over the hump? kobe will fu*kin crush him.
 6 years ago '12        #116
GucciBoy347 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$10,377 | Props total: 773 773
 MistaKlean said:
1) you can't talk about the "greatest player since Jordan" and not mention Kobe in a 6 minute convo. that's ridiculous
2) "if we don't get it done this year, this season is not a failure" - LeBron. just shows his lack of greatness.
3) if lebron faces kobe this year in the finals, do you REALLY think kobe is going to let lebron win and get over the hump? kobe will fu*kin crush him.
This .
 6 years ago '05        #117
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12571 12571
Lebron is not even in my top 3

1.Kobe
2.Duncan
3.Shaq

When you're talking greatest player ever, you have to measure it by Championships. I think he's the best "talent" since Jordan.


ESPN is notorious for sh*t like this, with so much Sponsorship money invested in him from day 1, and time and time again he fails in the playoffs, ESPN continues to oversell his greatness.


Last edited by Hold That; 05-09-2012 at 10:18 PM..
 6 years ago '12        #118
bkkid92 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$9,435 | Props total: 4073 4073
How can some of y'all be so sure that lebron is getting a ring this year? It's not written in stone. Another upset can happen like last year. And i'm not a hater, i'm just saying that there's a 50/50 chance of him getting one
 05-09-2012, 10:21 PM         #119
SeaJaiye  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bkkid92 said:
How can some of y'all be so sure that lebron is getting a ring this year? It's not written in stone. Another upset can happen like last year. And i'm not a hater, i'm just saying that there's a 50/50 chance of him getting one
it is written in stone. he paid His dues................its His time


[pic - click to view]



12 WINS TO GO.


Last edited by SeaJaiye; 05-09-2012 at 10:25 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #120
wesscoastrydah 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$268 | Props total: 4 4
 305Lars said:
you n*ggas is corn
Bron the GOAT
Bron is Not the GOAT on any level. this ni99a has evaded the dunk contest,three point contest all tha all star weeknd attractions. He hasn't one a title yet and when he does he still can't be compared to MJ or KB greatness. They still got more rings then him. KB is the closest thing to MJ. Bron remind me over a more physically gifted Magic Johnson. Not hatin on bron but he is great but not on MJ, KB, nor Magic's level.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 19
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 6
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
33 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy