5 Facts You Might Not Know about Dreams

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
124 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
38 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
10737 pageviews
145 comments

Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
5 Facts You Might Not Know about Dreams

[pic - click to view]

Here are some cool facts you might not know about dreams…
1 Dreaming Temporarily Paralyzes Us
Most of us are not aware that we become temporarily paralyzed in the dream state. This can be attributed to the fact that sometimes we may be so moved with certain dramatic dreams as to fall and hurt ourselves, thus, as a natural response the body goes into a temporary inactive state physically. It goes to show you how animalistic we truly can be. This is being a human being at its core.

2 We can Actually Control our Dreams

Remember the movie Inception? OK well it’s not that crazy but it’s close. In what is known as a “Lucid dreaming” phase one can control their dreams. Thus, one can also manipulate their dreams and even the outcomes. Another interesting fact is that one dreams things one has witnessed some time before in their life. I wish I had a handbook that could teach us this skill but I don’t. Personally I’d like to learn how to dream for an extended period.

3 Some People Only Dream in Black and White

Certain dreams are very common to some people such as, failing an exam, getting up late for the exam, dreams related to one’s school, seeing a person dead who is alive in real life, being chased by someone etc. Studies are being conducted in the relevance of colors and repeated sequences in dreams. While around 70% of people dream in color, 30% of people do not. That’s a way higher number than I’d have expected.

4 Amazing Inventions we Thought Up During Dreams

While most times we forget our dreams as soon as we wake up many famous scientists wrote down their dreams the moment they woke up. Those notes lead to some of the greatest discoveries of all time. Next time you remember a dream, write it down because you never know.

5 REM Interruption Can Lead to Psychosis

Sleeping and dreaming which occur in the REM stage are very important for healthy living. In a research conducted involving students who were woken up at the start of their REM stage, it was noted the students became irritable, hallucinated a lot, were affected by psychosis, and were finally disinterested in everything they did. So yeah, that’s just one aspect to prove that sleeping is quite important.

[pic - click to view]

5 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know about Dreams |

145 comments for "5 Facts You Might Not Know about Dreams"

6 years ago '04        #2
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
Man I've been taking chantix to quit smoking and my a.ss been having some of the craziest dreams EVER!!!

And it's every ... single ... night! I'm starting to get sick of it, but better than smoking I guess.

Still has a mufukah tired as hell when I wake up. All the dreams are so realistic I can't tell I'm dreaming. Super stressful too
 6 years ago '11        #3
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Man I've been taking chantix to quit smoking and my a.ss been having some of the craziest dreams EVER!!!

And it's every ... single ... night! I'm starting to get sick of it, but better than smoking I guess.

Still has a mufukah tired as hell when I wake up. All the dreams are so realistic I can't tell I'm dreaming. Super stressful too
Same sh*t happens to me when i drink Nyquil.. I get the most vivid dreams and wake up sweating
 05-08-2012, 09:04 PM         #4
PinkSmoke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Have the craziest dreams ever. Like some real psycic sh*t. For instance had a dream once that my grandfather died. Few days later mom called me and told me he was diagnosed with cancer. :nuts: Hate that sh*t. Lately, its been nightmare after nightmare. Last night dreamt that everyone around me. EVERYONE people i didn't know, was telling me I was in hell . and something about a 6 pointed star...was thinking it had something to do with the star of david but idfk.

Last edited by PinkSmoke; 05-09-2012 at 02:27 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #5
dizzle trizzle 7 heat pts
space
space
$7,125 | Props total: 2626 2626
one of the dreams i had got me writting a book on it, crazy original, hopefully i can get it published or turned into a movie
 6 years ago '06        #6
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,210 | Props total: 5023 5023
i notice i only dream if i get 6-8 hrs sleep

anything under that.. nothing
 6 years ago '06        #7
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,210 | Props total: 5023 5023
i had 1 of those moments were i woke up but i couldnt move when i was a child

freaky sh*t
 05-08-2012, 09:44 PM         #8
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupid Fresh said:

freaky sh*t
You're lucky that you didn't see shadow people, hear footsteps, feel something lay on top of you, or sh*t like that...
 6 years ago '09        #9
Al Goody 48 heat pts48
space
space
$4,571 | Props total: 0 0
sleep is the cousin of death

05-08-2012, 09:55 PM         #10
stayblunted93 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupid Fresh said:

freaky sh*t
that sh*t has been happenin to me recently
 05-08-2012, 09:58 PM         #11
R3KT915 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TeddiGramz said:
You're lucky that you didn't see shadow people, hear footsteps, feel something lay on top of you, or sh*t like that...
My sister said its happened to her a couple times where she can't move and like a black mist will appear right in her face...one year my uncle came to visit and slept in the room she used to sleep in and he said a black mist fu*ked with him when he was trying to sleep that whole week he just slept in the living room and we never told him about what my sister went thru it was tripped out
 6 years ago '06        #12
Snoopy718 
space
space
$939 | Props total: 0 0
 TeddiGramz said:
that sleep paralysis sh*t is nooooo joke

the feeling of not being able to move but your awake is an interesting feeling

usually happens when im sleeping on my back..i remember once i heard like whispers sh*t had fu*ked up that night
 05-08-2012, 10:22 PM         #13
eclipse. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stupid Fresh said:
i notice i only dream if i get 6-8 hrs sleep

anything under that.. nothing
Because you never hit the REM stage more than likely. Good read though.
 05-08-2012, 10:25 PM         #14
eclipse. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've actually had that dream within a dream before it was a weird feeling. "Woke up" on my grass in my work uniform, went in talked to my mom for a bit than all of a sudden i woke up in my bed, i was like
 05-08-2012, 10:42 PM         #15
SOD RG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I haven't experienced the awake while your sleepin can't move shyt in a long time but that used to bug me out. Not bein able to move at all is a scary experience.
 05-08-2012, 10:55 PM         #16
Green Bay Nation 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You n*ggas need to google that lucid dream sh*t

That lucid dream sh*t is the best sh*t ever!

When your dreaming and u actually realize ur dreaming, u say"This is a Dream". After that u can do anything you want in your dream.

I asked if I can have a threesome with Alexis Texas and Jessie Rogers. These bi*ches pop up outta nowhere. I start sucking on they t*tties and eating they pus*y.Before I could slide my d!ck in Alexis I got waken up by my alarm
 6 years ago '09        #17
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,371 | Props total: 17449 17449
i can't lie i control my dreams some times like it's fu*king story board sh*t be lovely
 05-08-2012, 11:00 PM         #18
kususlut 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:

You shouldn't take that stuff to quit smoking man.

You ever see those ads with all the side effects of that sh*t?
 6 years ago '11        #19
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
that Chantix sh*t be forcing people to commit suicide..cold turkey bro!
 6 years ago '07        #20
dbullet878 8 heat pts
space
space
$382 | Props total: 298 298
 eclipse. said:
I've actually had that dream within a dream before it was a weird feeling. "Woke up" on my grass in my work uniform, went in talked to my mom for a bit than all of a sudden i woke up in my bed, i was like
I had some sh*t like this. I kept dreaming that I was waking up and doing what I needed to do only to realize that I was still dreaming. The sh*t was like Inception only it was the same thing over and over. sh*t freaked me out when I finally woke up. Crazy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago