Instagram Socialmatic Polaroid Camera [EPIC] [BRAND NEW] [2012]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
66 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '12        #1
7757 pageviews
39 comments

SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
Instagram Socialmatic Polaroid Camera [EPIC] [BRAND NEW] [2012]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Imagine a dedicated Instagram-inspired camera dedicated to those old-fashioned, Polaroid shots we all know and love, and then picture that camera with the sleek, smooth edges of an iPhone 4S. Got a rough idea in your mind? Well, the chances are, you thought processes wouldn’t have led you to anything like the masterpiece crafted by resident concept-designer Antonio De Rosa, who has once again treated us to a sublime figment of his tech-tastic imagination.

Instagram, which was recently purchased by Facebook for a cool $1 billion, is the most popular image sharing site in the world right now, and having recently got its long-awaited Android port, boasts well in excess of 40 million users.

De Rosa, who by using rumor and speculation often offers us a taster of what Apple could be bringing in a future product, has created the fantastically-unique Instagram Socialmatic Camera concept, which combines some of the latest cutting-edge technology and design with an entirely retro feel, and the results are quite remarkable.

While we’re all fans of innovative design, the hardware specs must also be up to a high standard, and the Socialmatic Cam certainly does not disappoint. It comes with 16 GB of mass storage, which is more than enough for a year’s worth of snaps of landscape, pets and food, and also boasts Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for easy sharing.

Rather than simply being a standalone version of what Android and iOS users can already enjoy, though, it also packs a quirky internal printer with the ability to bring those shots to life instantly, and the four dedicated ink tanks can print onto Instagram Paper Sheets. The specialized sheets would have an adhesive strip along the back – similarly to a post-it – allowing them to be stuck wherever your heart desires.

Such a device, I feel, could be quite a gap in the market, since while so many apps allow the small, Polarioid-esque photos to be taken and shared, very few offer such a convenient printing mechanism, and at the right price, a fully-functional Instagram Socialmatic Camera could really take off.

It also offers a 4.3-inch touchscreen, optical zoom, LED flash, and two separate lenses; one for primary capture, and a second for 3D filters, webcam applications and QR Code capturing.

The whole thing would run on InstaOs 1.0, which would be, according to De Rosa, an amalgam of both the Facebook and Instagram apps.

Looks amazing, and we’d certainly love a hands-on with the device should it ever be manufactured!

Thoughts? image

[pic - click to view]

Meet The Beautiful Instagram Socialmatic Camera Concept [IMAGES] | Redmond Pie

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by SHADOW; 05-08-2012 at 04:51 PM..

39 comments for "Instagram Socialmatic Polaroid Camera [EPIC] [BRAND NEW] [2012]"

6 years ago '10        #2
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #3
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
do people really care that much about having pictures you can print out anymore?
 6 years ago '04        #4
TwinCaliber2kz 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,480 | Props total: 1882 1882
maybe if they can print out stickers too,dat sh*t would be hot
 6 years ago '12        #5
SHADOW 326 heat pts326 OP
space
space
 TwinCaliber2kz said:
maybe if they can print out stickers too,dat sh*t would be hot
Done.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #6
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Not bad. But I like my sh*t digital.
 6 years ago '06        #7
TheKastOne 
space
space
$2,083 | Props total: 270 270
That's money in the bank. Every other person I know uses instagram. If half them muh' fu*kkas bought it...
 6 years ago '04        #8
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,259 | Props total: 1418 1418
damn i miss polaroid cameras, but i'd feel like such a hipster if i had one of these sh*ts hahah. fu*k it doe it's dope
 6 years ago '11        #9
JetSetter22 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,445 | Props total: 1472 1472
 TheKastOne said:
That's money in the bank. Every other person I know uses instagram. If half them muh' fu*kkas bought it...
then thats a whopping 3 people who will have bought it :dancingcool:
 05-08-2012, 07:09 PM         #10
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was just thinking the other day. Having all pics digitally is kind of... i dunno... not doing it for me anymore. It was a blessing at first, but now I miss having that physical copy that you'll find when you're older. Nowadays your computer crashes and your pics are gone. Visual memories, destroyed like random fires. This is a good look although I don't have that Instagram sh*t or an iPhone or a smart phone period. I personally want nothing to do with a smart phone, the computer makes me enough of a slave to begin with, i don't want to be a full time slave.
 6 years ago '09        #11
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7950 7950
lol...they selling these kids polaroid cameras???? whats next?? twitter gonna bring back the pager......lol

damn facebook bought instagram?? for some reason i thought instgram was partnered with twitter
 6 years ago '10        #12
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3
sh*t has a QR code at the top right of each picture.. that's pretty damn sick.
 6 years ago '04        #13
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
smart
 6 years ago '06        #14
TheKastOne 
space
space
$2,083 | Props total: 270 270
 JetSetter22 said:
then thats a whopping 3 people who will have bought it :dancingcool:
LOL.
 6 years ago '06        #15
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,488 | Props total: 17932 17932
I had to write a 35 page paper on Kodak it would be funny if Instagram can build a following would print out photos
 6 years ago '12        #16
SHADOW 326 heat pts326 OP
space
space
 Rique said:
I had to write a 35 page paper on Kodak it would be funny if Instagram can build a following would print out photos
 6 years ago '05        #17
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
I would cop...

And then sell once I find out the price for ink on this camera.
 6 years ago '04        #18
IllmaticReignz 
space
space
$2,214 | Props total: 760 760
it sounds good.. but of course the printing paper gonna be separate.. what about video? i would take a pic of myself.. have my info in the qr code and put it on chick lockers at school. lol
 6 years ago '04        #19
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,091 | Props total: 2396 2396
 6 years ago '10        #20
cottonman5grand 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,107 | Props total: 61 61
This is hustling backwards.....with digital picture frames the world really has no use for polaroid anymore...not to mention imagine being a parent trying to take a picture with that thing of your 2 year old and you have to change the cartridge....good luck with that friendo
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago