Facebook Stock IPO

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
162 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
6277 pageviews
128 comments

HustlenFlow 
space
space
space
$76 | Props total: 0 0
Facebook Stock IPO

What's yall thoughts on Facebook's IPO? How do yall think it will do over the next few months? Are you long or short?

128 comments for "Facebook Stock IPO"

6 years ago '04        #2
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 506 506
Right now, the company isn't showing any innovation or major expansion. That's going to hurt long-term growth. Just being a social network isn't gonna cut it.

The again, LinkedIn is currently @ $109 and IPO'd for $45

I plan to jump on the IPO for a quick flip. I'm hoping for something like 20-30% jump in the first few days.
 6 years ago '08        #3
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
$30,205 | Props total: 8637 8637
 tdm2000 said:
Right now, the company isn't showing any innovation or major expansion. That's going to hurt long-term growth. Just being a social network isn't gonna cut it.

The again, LinkedIn is currently @ $109 and IPO'd for $45

I plan to jump on the IPO for a quick flip. I'm hoping for something like 20-30% jump in the first few days.
LinkedIn IPO'd at $83 ....

But anyway, I think there's so much hype around Facebook and its IPO that it will have a huge pop on the first day. But like any other social network/fad it will die sooner or later.

Because it's priced so cheap it'll probably have a 50% gain in the first day and continue higher for a while. It's supposed to be pricing around $30.

Definitely not a long term hold IMO, short term it's cool for a flip though. And I won't be buying it. Waiting for options which should be out a few days after the IPO.
 6 years ago '04        #4
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
 o7media said:
linkedin ipo'd at $83 ....

$45 per share
First-day close: $94.25, more than double IPO price

Last edited by tdm2000; 05-08-2012 at 04:12 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #5
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 tdm2000 said:

That was the pricing.... it never traded at $45. It opened at $83.

Look at the chart for LNKD. All time low is $55.98.
 6 years ago '05        #6
Ari Gold 315 heat pts315
space
space
$15,213 | Props total: 1185 1185
Any idea when and how much it'll be
 6 years ago '12        #7
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,429 | Props total: 937 937
You don't go long on a company whose primary source of income is derived from it's amount of Internet traffic, couple that with Facebook being nothing more than a fad, and IMHO are already losing people to both Twitter and Instagram is a recipe for disaster for would b Lon term investors, BUT FB is powered by the oh so beautiful hype machine and should make for a promising flip. I wouldn't go long with FB until I see them post profits, and hear how they plan to grow.

Last edited by Prostyle; 05-09-2012 at 02:01 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #8
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 itzjmoney510 said:
Any idea when and how much it'll be
May 18th is the IPO. Pricing is $28 - $35 but will probably open around $60.
 6 years ago '08        #9
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 Prostyle said:
You don't go long on a company whose primary source of income is derived from it's amount of Internet traffic, couple that with Facebook being nothing more than a fad, and IMHO are already losing people to both Twitter and Instagram is a recipe for disaster for would b Lon term investors, BUT FB is powered by the oh so beautiful hype machine and should make for a promising flip. I wouldn't go long with FB until I see them post profits, and hear how they plan to grow.

Facebook already bought Instagram so need to worry about them. Twitter, eh... they're really not the same at all IMO. Even though I like Twitter more, it doesn't have the same feel as Facebook if that makes sense

I'd be more worried about Google+ taking market share from Facebook. Problem I have with them is that they're changing too much, they're acting like Myspace did. There's a ton of bs spam on FB now and it's turning to sh*t.

FB is still the 2nd largest site in the world after Google. Google+ is their main competitor now IMO.

One more thing, in their S1 filing Zynga was contributing about 12% to Facebook's revenue. But Zynga is not doing as good as everyone thought, they're making less and less which affects FB's revenue too.
 6 years ago '05        #10
Ari Gold 315 heat pts315
space
space
$15,213 | Props total: 1185 1185
 o7media said:
May 18th is the IPO. Pricing is $28 - $35 but will probably open around $60.
FML!!!! I'm gonna miss out
 05-11-2012, 09:51 PM         #11
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont know much about stock but i think short term its worth it to make a quick flip, but long term its gonna be just like myspace, its hot now till the new trend comes around.
 05-11-2012, 09:55 PM         #12
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im glad some1 asked this question cause i was gonna. i wish i knew how to use etrade or any stock site im gonna have to pay a broker, how much do they get ??? a flat fee ? a percentage ??? good thing is my best friends cuzin is a broker so atleast its some1 i can trust.
 6 years ago '04        #13
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
 Ednyce said:
im glad some1 asked this question cause i was gonna. i wish i knew how to use etrade or any stock site im gonna have to pay a broker, how much do they get ??? a flat fee ? a percentage ??? good thing is my best friends cuzin is a broker so atleast its some1 i can trust.
plenty of sites but I use TradeKing. Each transaction (buy/sell) is $5. For basic trading, that's the only fee. Many are predicting 75-90 a share after the market opens.
 05-12-2012, 01:34 AM         #14
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
LinkedIn IPO'd at $83 ....

But anyway, I think there's so much hype around Facebook and its IPO that it will have a huge pop on the first day. But like any other social network/fad it will die sooner or later.

Because it's priced so cheap it'll probably have a 50% gain in the first day and continue higher for a while. It's supposed to be pricing around $30.

Definitely not a long term hold IMO, short term it's cool for a flip though. And I won't be buying it. Waiting for options which should be out a few days after the IPO.
I've been following your posts and you've been giving dope advice

I've been looking at Google and Apple's stock from the early days and the one thing that has kept those two stocks on top is revenue, there's so much smoke and mirrors with Facebook's valuation, I'm not sure where they're going to get the revenue to get on the level of Google or Apple. Their foray into the branded mobile phone market was a complete failure. The Facebook App store seems like a good idea but it's not revolutionary. Facebook's only real a.sset is the large amount of cash they're sitting on that will allow them to continue to make acquisitions.
 05-12-2012, 02:39 PM         #15
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tdm2000 said:
plenty of sites but I use TradeKing. Each transaction (buy/sell) is $5. For basic trading, that's the only fee. Many are predicting 75-90 a share after the market opens.
how do you sign up, is it free, and how do you buy stocks with a credit card ? i dont know sh*t about stock i wish i did and i doubt il learn in a week so i guess il just have to pay a broker cause i def dont wanna miss out on this. long term i dont think its any good but i think it will be worth it for a quick flip.
 05-12-2012, 04:22 PM         #16
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im trying to learn within a week any suggestions ? wts the best site ?
 6 years ago '08        #17
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 Ednyce said:
how do you sign up, is it free, and how do you buy stocks with a credit card ? i dont know sh*t about stock i wish i did and i doubt il learn in a week so i guess il just have to pay a broker cause i def dont wanna miss out on this. long term i dont think its any good but i think it will be worth it for a quick flip.
lol not with a credit card. it's basically like a bank, in fact most of the major ones are banks like etrade, TDA, etc.

It's free to open an account, you just have to transfer money from your bank account. Do you have a Paypal account? It works like that. Once you create your brokerage account you link it to your bank account and they make 2 small deposits to your account that you have to verify. Then you transfer money from your bank account to your brokerage through ACH (takes about 3-4 days), wire transfer (instant), check, etc. They have step by step instructions on their site.

Ednyce said:
im trying to learn within a week any suggestions ? wts the best site ?
I'm with Etrade.
 6 years ago '08        #18
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 Dangerously said:
I've been following your posts and you've been giving dope advice

6 years ago '08        #19
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
Also, one thing for those who are just getting in for the flip. If you're not familiar with stocks then be careful.

There is a ton of hype around the stock, so yes it may jump the first day. But like I said earlier, it's pricing between $28 - $35 a share. That doesn't mean you will be able to buy it there. I'm guessing the stock will open around $50 at least.

Facebook already has a lot of share holders from the secondary private market. That's the main problem with this IPO. Everyone who bought in the secondary market may dump their shares on the IPO and run....

Just a heads up, be careful if you touch this.
 6 years ago '08        #20
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
Facebook revising IPO price range to $34 - $38 per share, valuing company at $92 billion - $103 billion
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
33 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy