OFFICIAL 'Avengers' Movie DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
58 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
251 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #181
knowledge24 
space
space
space
$265 | Props total: 57 57
I enjoyed it but there were lots of times where there was just way too much going on at once. I'm sure they'll fix the pacing in the next one.
 6 years ago '06        #182
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
I just watched the movie and I don't know if it's better than TDK but it's damn close. The action sequences were perfect and dialogue and uniqueness of the characters that Whedon was able to present was flawless. Overall I'd give the movie a 9.5/10.

btw Hulk is the GOAT Avenger and I cannot wait til the next one with Thanos the GOAT Marvel supervillain.
 6 years ago '08        #183
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
The avengers has top Harry Potter's domestic opening record, could possibly break 200M for the weekend

My sources say in North America what’s billed as the ‘Superhero Team-Up Of A Lifetime’ is looking at a record $68+M for Saturday after making $80.5M Friday (including $18.7M midnights) from 4,349 U.S. and Canadian locations, including 3,364 plays in 3D. It’s still on track to shatter the domestic weekend opening record with $185+M. (Warner Bros’ 3D Harry Potter And The deathly Hallows Part 2 finale used to hold that record with $169M.) Disney will report international numbers on Sunday but the worldwide total is already $575+M after playing almost everywhere around the globe for the past 10 days including Russia and now China. I can tell you that Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) went to the Beijing Film Festival to help introduce the film. One more thing to keep in mind: Avengers still has a massive foreign number without opening yet in the major market of Japan. Refined numbers in the morning
 6 years ago '10        #184
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,433 | Props total: 2391 2391
 MosDefinition said:
people were going crazy at the end of the movie with that. looking at the commercials when they showed the aliens i kinda figured it would have something to do with him but to actually see
[spoiler - click to view]

my god

thank you based whedon
can sombody tell me who the fu*k he is and why he smiled at the end??
 6 years ago '04        #185
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4424 4424
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Even though I always knew I'd like this movie, it exceeded my expectations quite a bit. I thought Thor was whack at first but I watched his movie again and he grew on me. Then after seeing him in the Avengers I realize he actually can't be fu*ked with. I thought Black Widow and Hawkeye were going to seem like "extras" in a superhero movie of this magnitude, but they held their own and I was proved wrong again. And even though I liked the look of Norton's Hulk more and thought Ruffalo's looked 75% downs syndrome-y, this Hulk made me wanna jump to my feet everytime he was on screen. I also thought Captain America was a tad bit corny but I enjoyed him in this movie...I guess it was just the costume. Lol

[spoiler - click to view]

Anyways, Iron Man and Hulk kind of stole the show, but each character had a significant role and no one was really overshadowed. So like I said, this movie exceeded my expectations big time and I'm going to see it more than once.
thats joss whedon man thats something he'd do. everyone expected him to be able to reach her say something witty to reassure the audience he'd be ok and still tell her he loves her typical movie sh*t. whedon flips and she misses his call i guarantee that scene was originally her answering the phone

outdide of robin from how i met your mother who i just couldnt get the tought of that show out of my head everytime she talked one thing bother me why they didnt mention betty at all they could have just thrown a picture of her up like they did natalie portman
 6 years ago '04        #186
space
space
 shadydre85 said:
its one of those things where you kind of have to be a comic book head to get amped about it
 6 years ago '04        #187
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
I totally didn't get the supposedly "funny" part about them eating shawarmas, sh*t really had me like, really... This white bi*ch was laughing hysterically, like trying to make the sh*t funnier than what it was.
 6 years ago '05        #188
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
space
$14,037 | Props total: 127 127
 shadydre85 said:
Damn bruh...i suggest you brush up on ya marvel history. Thats Thanos...and that n*gga is NOT the one to be fu*ked with.

And to dude bout the Shwarma or whatever. i think it was just about the fact that these n*ggas jus saved the world...and they all chillin throwing down n sh*t. I didnt find it hysterical, but i did get a chuckle out of it
 6 years ago '09        #189
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,306 | Props total: 7963 7963
i never really read up on Thanos...im more of an x-men type kid but is thanos a bad guy...good guy or one of these in the middle type dudes

and are the "infinity gems" the same sh*t Mandarin from Iron Man (the comic) was collecting??? they look similar
 6 years ago '04        #190
hedake 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$5,649 | Props total: 10091 10091
 Jacc Blacc said:
i never really read up on Thanos...im more of an x-men type kid but is thanos a bad guy...good guy or one of these in the middle type dudes

and are the "infinity gems" the same sh*t Mandarin from Iron Man (the comic) was collecting??? they look similar
Thanos is basically the dude that can k!ll super heroes with a thought....and his gems are way more powerful than anything on earth....he has a great story but no way they could cover it in 1 movie
 6 years ago '09        #191
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,984 | Props total: 1868 1868
 shadydre85 said:
Gotta read the comics. Dude's a total badass
 05-06-2012, 09:00 AM         #192
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:

Hope this helps, bruh....

Thanos was born on Titan, a moon of Saturn, to Mentor and Sui-San. Thanos is born with the Deviant gene and as such resembles the Deviants—the Eternals' cousin race—more than his own people. Although treated fairly by his race, he is mindful of his appearance and becomes distant, only keeping company with his brother Eros (Starfox). During his childhood, he becomes fascinated with nihilism and death, eventually falling in love with its embodiment, Mistress death. As an adult, Thanos uses bionics and mysticism to become the most powerful of the Titan, and is often referred to as the Mad Titan.[3]

The First Thanos War

Wishing to impress Mistress death, Thanos gathers an army of villainous aliens and begins a nuclear bombardment of Titan that k!lls millions of his race.[4] He then travels to Earth in search of the Cosmic Cube. Prior to landing, his vessel destroys a nearby car to prevent anyone from becoming aware of his existence.[5] Unknown to Thanos, two of the family members in the vehicle survive—the father's spirit is preserved by the Titanian cosmic entity Chronos and is given a new form as Drax the Destroyer while the daughter is found by Thanos' father Mentor and is raised to become the heroine Moondragon. Thanos eventually locates the Cube and wills it to make him omnipotent. Captain Marvel, with the aid of Mantis and ISAAC, are able to defeat him by destroying the cube, which Thanos had left unguarded.[6]

Thanos battles Spider-Man and the Thing on the cover of Marvel Two-in-One Annual #2 (1977). Art by Jim Starlin.
The Second Thanos War

Thanos later comes to the aid of Adam Warlock in a battle against the Magus.[7] During this alliance Thanos secretly siphons off the energies of the Soul Gem that Warlock possesses.[3] Thanos uses this energy to power a weapon capable of destroying a star. Thanos battles Earth's superheroes and is turned to stone.[8] Thanos's spirit appears to accompany Captain Marvel's soul into the realm of death.[9]

Thanos wearing the Infinity Gauntlet on the cover of the Infinity Gauntlet collected edition (Aug, 1992).
Art by George Pérez.
The Infinity Gauntlet

A resurrected Thanos [10] collects the Infinity Gems once again[11] and creates the Infinity Gauntlet, which makes him omnipotent. He attempts to k!ll half the living things in the universe,[12] but is defeated by Adam Warlock.[13] Warlock reveals that Thanos has always arranged for himself to be defeated because he knows he is not worthy of ultimate power. Thanos joins Warlock in the Infinity Watch and helps him to defeat his evil[14] and good[15] sides, as well as to cure Thor of “Warrior Madness.” [16]

Thanos later recruits a team of Earth-bound super-villains and puts them under the field leadership of Geatar in a mission to extract a robot containing the knowledge of a universal library.[17] Thanos uses information from the robot to battle Tyrant, a failed creation of Galactus.[18]

Thanos is somehow trapped in an alternate dimension and employs the aid of the brother of Ka-Zar, Parnival Plunder, in an attempted escape, but fails.[19] Thanos attempts to use the Hulk as a physical anchor back to the Earth-616 universe but is again unsuccessful.[20] Thanos is somehow freed and quickly comes into conflict with Thor.[21] During their battle, Thanos decimates the planet Rigel-3.[22]

The Infinity Abyss

Thanos then uses the heroes Thor and Genis-Vell (Captain Marvel's son) against the death god Walker, who attempts to woo Mistress death and then destroy the entity after being rejected.[23] Thanos then devises a plan to become the All-Father of a new race of Gods created by himself. Thanos, however, finds himself opposed by the Avengers, former member Mantis, and her son Quoi, apparently destined to be the Celestial Messiah. Thanos abandons this plan after having to unite with Mistress death to destroy the Rot, an aberration in deep space that is apparently their offspring.[24] Thanos once conducted extensive research on genetics, and after studying many of the universe's heroes and villains cloned them and gene-spliced his own DNA into the subjects. Although he later abandons the project, five clones survive, being versions of Professor X, Iron Man, Gladiator, Doctor Strange, and Galactus respectively. A sixth and unnamed version of Thanos also appears, and it is revealed the incarnations of Thanos encountered by Thor and Ka-Zar were his clones. The true Thanos—with the aid of Adam Warlock, Gamora, Pip the Troll, Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, and Dr. Strange—destroys the remaining clones.[25]

Thanos decides to atone for the destruction of Rigel-3, and agrees to aid a colony of Rigellians in evacuating their planet before Galactus can consume it. During the course of this mission Thanos learns Galactus is collecting the Infinity Gems in an effort to end his universal hunger. Thanos later learns Galactus is being manipulated by a cosmic threat known as Hunger, which feeds on entire universes, into freeing it. Thanos unsuccessfully battles Galactus in an effort to stop him from freeing the entity, but when Hunger emerges the two team up to defeat it.[26]

Thanos journeys to the Kyln, an intergalactic prison. On his way there he meets death, who for the first time in their long history speaks directly with him. She says she is worth his efforts to woo, but that he must offer her something other than death. At the Kyln he meets Star-Lord and the Shi'ar warrior Gladiator, who are both prisoners. He encounters the Beyonder, who has been rendered amnesiac by his/her choice to a.ssume a mortal female form. Thanos battles the Beyonder and causes her mind to shut down leaving her power trapped within a comatose mortal body, which he instructs the Kyln officers to keep on life support indefinitely in order to prevent the Beyonder from once again being reborn.[27]

Thanos is a mutant member of the race of superhumans known as the Titanian Eternals. The character possesses abilities common to the Eternals, but in some cases far beyond any other known member of his race; acquired through a combination of his mutant Eternal heritage, bionic amplification, mysticism, and the entity death. He has demonstrated enormous superhuman strength, stamina, and particularly durability; is able to absorb and project vast quantities of cosmic energy; is virtually ageless and immortal; does not need food, drink, or oxygen; and is capable of certain telekinesis, as well as telepathy and matter manipulation. The advanced technology within his transportation chairs includes force field projection, time travel, movement through alternate universes, space flight, and teleportation over interstellar distances. Thanos is an accomplished hand-to-hand combatant, having been trained in the art of war on Titan.

Thanos possesses superhuman intellect (he considers his mind his greatest weapon) and has knowledge of Celestial and other alien technology. Thanos is a genius in virtually all known fields of advanced science and has created technology far exceeding contemporary Earth science. He is also a master strategist and sometimes utilizes a space vessel called Sanctuary II as a base of operations.
 6 years ago '09        #193
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,306 | Props total: 7963 7963
so he can k!ll super heroes with a "thought", then how do you beat him??? so how can you f!ght him and has anyone beaten him??
 6 years ago '06        #194
O-FICIAL 
space
space
$1,185 | Props total: 396 396
Thanos needs his Infinity Gauntlet to be Omnipotent. If you watched Thor, you can see the Infinity Gauntlet in the Odin trophy room.
 6 years ago '07        #195
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,778 | Props total: 1306 1306
 hedake said:
Thanos is basically the dude that can k!ll super heroes with a thought....and his gems are way more powerful than anything on earth....he has a great story but no way they could cover it in 1 movie

He's only that tough when he has the Infinity Gauntlet. Without it he's powerful but still a beatable villain.
 05-06-2012, 12:16 PM         #196
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The movie was dope as hell. Probably some of the best CGI I've seen in a movie/comic book movie in general. Action in it was waaaaay more than I expected. Crazy good.

To the Batman fanboy constantly posting, you can't even compare these movies. One is a straight up comic book movie with action and the other is a crime story with limited action (even tho it seems like they keep adding more and more for some reason to it).

So quit getting your panties in a bunch
 6 years ago '09        #197
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,832 | Props total: 17934 17934
 O-FICIAL said:
Thanos needs his Infinity Gauntlet to be Omnipotent. If you watched Thor, you can see the Infinity Gauntlet in the Odin trophy room.

"The Vault, also known as Odin's Trophy Room is a underground vault holding all of Odin's prized possesions and spoils of war, such as The Eye of Agamotto, The Infinity Gauntlet, The Casket of Ancient Winters, The Enternal Flame, The Tablet of Life and Time, and The Warlocks Eye."

The Infinity Gauntlet

[pic - click to view]

"A more prominent item in Marvel Comics history is that of The Infinity Gauntlet. It’s formed when all six “Infinity Gems” are placed into Thanos’ gauntlet, granting its wearer – in basic terms – god-like powers and control of the universe. The first appearance of one of these gems came in The Power of Warlock #1 (1972) but the first time all six appeared together under the “Infinity” moniker came in 1977 with Avengers Annual #7 when the villain Thanos collected all six gems.

The Infinity Gauntlet got its own self-titled six-issue series in the early 90s, which followed Thanos placing the gems in his glove to create the Infinity Gauntlet and using it to destroy half of the universe. In Marvel Comics fashion, however, things get fixed in the end so Thanos didn’t win."

The Tablet of Life and Time

[pic - click to view]

The text written on the Tablet of Life is actually a chemical formula, the “Lifeline Formula,” which augments its user into a superior being, the best of their species. It and its more evil counterpart (Tablet of death and Entropy) have played a prominent role in Spider-Man comics for years. Another tablet, the Tablet of Order and Chaos represented the plot device for last year’s successful Spider-Man: Shattered Dimension video game.
If you’re into Marvel history, The Amazing Spider-Man series reveals that the Tablet of death and Entropy originates from from Lemuria and the Tablet of Life and Time from Atlantis. Atlantis, later home to Namor the Sub-Mariner and the Homo mermanus race, were enemies to the Deviants, the people of Lemuria whose continent was sunk by the Atlanteans 21,000 years ago.

The Orb of Agamotto

[pic - click to view]

Like The Eye of Agamotto, this Orb is another item in possession of Dr. Strange in the comics. He stores it in the Chamber of Shadows, a room in his Sanctum Sanctorum (his mansion and base of the New Avengers ).
The Orb of Agamatto offers DR. STRANGE clairvoyance since it can locate where magic is being used, or dangers to the world. It can be, however, blocked by other powerful magic users (i.e. Asgardian sorceress Enchantress) to keep their location secret.

The Casket of Ancient Winters

[pic - click to view]

Added by Pedro Hdez Mendoza
The casket is powered by a limitless supply of magical energy. When opened, it releases powerful arctic weather that is capable of freezing anything in its path; k!lling humans and immobilizing Asgardians. The Casket can only be opened and handled by a Frost Giant; anyone else who attempts to open it would be burnt by the powerful cold aura that surrounds it. Its magic is also strong enough to temporarily disrupt the powers of Odin.
In the film, the Casket is used by the Frost Giants in an attempt to take over the Nine Realms, starting with Earth. When the Frost Giants are defeated by Odin, the All-Father takes the casket back to Asgard for safekeeping. He later displays it to his two young sons; Thor and Loki, when he is telling them stories about the war with the Frost Giants.

Prior to Thor's coronation as the new king of Asgard, the casket is almost stolen by several Frost Giants who have managed to enter the castle armory where the box is kept. The theft is sensed and stopped by Odin who calls the Destroyer to defeat the thieves.

Later in the film Loki discoveres that he can handle the casket without being harmed. The casket also temporaily disrupts Odin's magic; causing Loki's true Frost Giant physical charactaristics (blue skin and red eyes) to appear.

The Cosmic Cube

[pic - click to view]

In the film, the cosmic cube is an object buried in a hidden wall with the tree of life on it in a viking tomb in norway, during WW2 and is retrived by Johan Schmidt. The cosmic cube is also known as the tesseract. The cube was a prized possesion of Odin's until it was lost to earth. The Cosmic Cube, better known as the Tesseract, is one of the most powerful artifacts in the universe. According to Fury, it holds great power. In the comics the cube is not one but many diffrent version of the cube owned by diffrent people. The Cosmic Cubes are items that control matter and energy, answering to the will of the sentient beings that use them. They require practice to be used properly, but a skillful user can alter all reality to answer to its thought, granting anything they desire.
 6 years ago '04        #198
space
space
 Cheeze said:
The movie was dope as hell. Probably some of the best CGI I've seen in a movie/comic book movie in general. Action in it was waaaaay more than I expected. Crazy good.

To the Batman fanboy constantly posting, you can't even compare these movies. One is a straight up comic book movie with action and the other is a crime story with limited action (even tho it seems like they keep adding more and more for some reason to it).

So quit getting your panties in a bunch
oh they gonna be mad in july
 05-06-2012, 02:44 PM         #199
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MosDefinition said:
oh they gonna be mad in july
How am I gonna be mad when I like Batman dumbass
 6 years ago '04        #200
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
This movie was so dope.. Man.. I wanna see it again.. I know I missed something.. But if you're thinking about going to see this.. Stop thinking and just go..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy