Junior Seau texted his children “I love you” before his suicide

most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
202 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-04-2012, 09:10 AM         #101
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ you can't tell people on boxden sh*t. these dudes ain't sh*t, they just cry coward because everyone else does. GROUPTHINK.

mistatnn said:
Like that made them feel any better

suicide is such a sucker a.ss way out! I cant imagine what someone is thinking about at that point in their lives but its still a punk a.ss way to go out. So fu*kin selfish man
clinical depression is real, okay. and when you are depressed as a result of shifted neural patterns from trauma (concussions) then your sense of depression is present regardless of circumstance.

seau's case is one of many extreme ones that highlights why it's important that the general perception change of such chronic illnesses as depression, addiction, alcoholism, and the like so that people can actually get the help they need. the treatments are out there and in development, the studies have begun, but there will never be funding and coverage because people like you in the general public who attach these behaviors to moral weaknesses rather than what they really are.
 6 years ago '09        #102
blacknacirema4 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,091 | Props total: 375 375
Apparently some have a misconstrued concept on what it's like to suffer from a mental illness...that's just as bad as condemning somebody with cancer. At what point are we going to stop perceiving those who are mentally ill as "weak willed" and cowardly. Sidenote: don't you think it takes a tad bit more courage to actually take your own life? Nobody knows what death is like and many of us are unwilling to find out.
 05-04-2012, 09:13 AM         #103
iThink  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
give it a decade or so and a few more former NFL-er suicides/downward spirals before the money men in the league finally take some personal responsibility for the health of the men who make them $9 billion a year and quit letting insurance companies bully them over what's to be covered in the name of capitalism.
 6 years ago '05        #104
SupaMann 47 heat pts47
space
space
$5,168 | Props total: 1174 1174
think the gf have something to do with it
 05-04-2012, 09:34 AM         #105
sirjaybee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Situation like this is difficult for anyone's family.
 6 years ago '04        #106
jhovaholla2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$766 | Props total: 62 62
 Offical said:
What kind of weak fu*ker k!lls themself
1 with an abnormal psyche. Look at all the studies being done on depression, and how concussions are effecting these players after their playing days are over. Wait until the study comes out.

You can never walk in his shoes. You don't know what this man was dealing with. Not saying suicide is right though...
 6 years ago '04        #107
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,505 | Props total: 747 747
 iThink said:
^ you can't tell people on boxden sh*t. these dudes ain't sh*t, they just cry coward because everyone else does. GROUPTHINK.

clinical depression is real, okay. and when you are depressed as a result of shifted neural patterns from trauma (concussions) then your sense of depression is present regardless of circumstance.

seau's case is one of many extreme ones that highlights why it's important that the general perception change of such chronic illnesses as depression, addiction, alcoholism, and the like so that people can actually get the help they need. the treatments are out there and in development, the studies have begun, but there will never be funding and coverage because people like you in the general public who attach these behaviors to moral weaknesses rather than what they really are.
Thank you sir and the others. This sh*t is real. Folk too scared to understand. I get it, I've lived it. Brings tears to my eyes when folk dont wanna understand. Its hard to understand but at least try. I hate when folk use dismissive words like "coward, sucka, etc"...They could care less about why I person does what they do. The only way I could deal with alcoholism was getting locked up multiple times and my family STILL doesn't get it. I got 3 duis and folk still tellin me "you can drink, just not drive"...they have no clue...
 6 years ago '05        #108
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
It's very easy for many of you to say it's selfish, but you have to understand that's from your mind state. If you arent in another persons mental state you can't really comment on their actions.

You learn a lot in medical school about how the brain/works and how much they dont know about. I could only begin to imagine what was going through Junior's mind but it must have been a lot to make him take his unlife... to the point of being unbearable. Just visit a psychiatric clinic and get a taste of what some people go through. This aint jsut some sh*t you snap out of or "just suck it up and deal with it"
 6 years ago '06        #109
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,842 | Props total: 1755 1755
 Hu$tLa said:
If you've never been there you really don't know do you?
In that case of your logic, then no one can agree bc WE ARE ALIVE
 6 years ago '06        #110
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,500 | Props total: 906 906
at kids calling Seau a coward... Dude put his body on the line for almost 20 years to make a living for his family

at kids living at home embarrassing themselves talking about a grown man's disease
 6 years ago '06        #111
PHITILLIDIE 1 heat pts
space
space
$426 | Props total: 1 1
 lboog1423 said:
i wonder y none of them called back.
wow thats some deep sh*t
 6 years ago '05        #112
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Lmao @ the children here calling him a coward

If I gave you a gun and told you to k!ll yourself, would you be able to do it?

suicide is easily the hardest decision to make by far.
 6 years ago '07        #113
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
if you're his kid, isnt that a little suspicious? not every day your father randomly texts you "i love you"

none of them even thought to ask, you ok? or maybe they did and i just havent heard about it
 6 years ago '06        #114
PHITILLIDIE 1 heat pts
space
space
$426 | Props total: 1 1
Seau may have woke up in pain, head aches, ringing in his ears, arthritis, probably was never able to sleep. My Dad was in an accident involving a 20 ton semi tumbling down a hill.. Lucky to be alive, but my Dad wakes up everyday in excruciating pain. He broke all of his ribs, head contusions, spinal chord issues. He has head aches, and ringing in his ears. This only happened 4 years ago.

The difference between these two men is Seau put his body on the line for more than 25+ years for other grown as men.

Just imagine being hung over 25+ years, the feeling must really suck.
 6 years ago '10        #115
burgboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,972 | Props total: 903 903
 FeedTheBeast said:
I work in psychiatric services and I know first hand what depression, bipolar and other mental illnesses can drive a person to do to themselves as well as others. Junior was obviously suffering from mental disorder that consumed him. Dude suffered a lot of concussions and his mental instability could be the long term result of all that abuse to his brain.

And people whom commit suicide in spite of the fact that they have people who love and care about them dont see it as a selfish act. They feel as if they are a burden to their families and that they are worthless and that people would be better off without them. So they see it almost as doing them a favor and just k!lling themselves. Its hard for anyone whom has never had these feelings to see any logic in that and I with yall on that. But I see it every day at work.

[pic - click to view]

It pisses me off when people call someone a coward for committing suicide. If you have never been in that state of depression before, you have NO idea what is going on. The second paragraph is the closest I have seen anyone even try to explain it correctly.

Major props!
 6 years ago '08        #116
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,165 | Props total: 5229 5229
 keithbm1111 said:
if you're his kid, isnt that a little suspicious? not every day your father randomly texts you "i love you"

none of them even thought to ask, you ok? or maybe they did and i just havent heard about it
In one of the reports it said all the kids and his ex wife replied, but it didn't say what they said
 6 years ago '10        #117
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
suicide is the bravest and most honorable thing one can do

its your life and if you choose not to live so be it
 6 years ago '07        #118
celphtitled 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,870 | Props total: 42 42
 FeedTheBeast said:
I work in psychiatric services and I know first hand what depression, bipolar and other mental illnesses can drive a person to do to themselves as well as others. Junior was obviously suffering from mental disorder that consumed him. Dude suffered a lot of concussions and his mental instability could be the long term result of all that abuse to his brain.

And people whom commit suicide in spite of the fact that they have people who love and care about them dont see it as a selfish act. They feel as if they are a burden to their families and that they are worthless and that people would be better off without them. So they see it almost as doing them a favor and just k!lling themselves. Its hard for anyone whom has never had these feelings to see any logic in that and I with yall on that. But I see it every day at work.
:applause:
 6 years ago '10        #119
anthonyperl 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,122 | Props total: 1 1
 Hu$tLa said:
Its so easy to say that but when someone is in that state of mind..its like they have no control over their own brain anymore. Everyone can't be consoled out of depression/suicidal thoughts.
:iagree:

Triple6Raidr305 said:
The man is gone. Why yall gonna judge him? Let God do that now that he's dead...
:thx:

lboog1423 said:
i wonder y none of them called back.

Walt Thizzney said:
coward

but seriously, this sh*t is sad. i cant even imagine the sh*t that was goin on in his head before he did this. dude was my hero growing up. i hope hes at peace now and God had some mercy for him
 05-04-2012, 09:49 PM         #120
nizlock  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This whole thread pissed me off.

It is clear that Seau did what he did for his reasons, and it is terrible and tragic that his family has got to go through this. I have been on both sides of this fence, and there is no good argument.

It is even worse that anyone would call him a coward. He stood up and lived his life in front of millions of people everyday; became a spectacle to you fu*king morons, and knew he was hurting himself. You call it a choice; I call it a man knowing what he was good at and providing for his family, probably without any other means. He thought he could take it, and it beat him. It is sad. Those of you who don't know how hard it is, when you can't get out of bed, when you feel worthless, when you don't know how to not be a burden to those around you, when all you want is to be is out of their way but desperately require the help of those around you without knowing how to ask for help, can go fu*k themselves. Then, after being in that awful place post on here about how he felt. Then comment on his death. Go through hell, come back, and go through it again and again. You can't unless it has happened to you. Money does not fix sh*t like this. When you contemplate, and finally commit suicide, something is very wrong.

Fact is, no one knows why he did this. And I don't have a clue. But I have been down this path, and I somewhat know the hell he was in. Maybe football did it, but I sure as fu*k know that if it was me, and living in front of an audience like you as*holes I wouldn't have made it. I hope wherever he goes he found peace. And I sure as fu*k hope I never see such callous remarks made about another man's life. He was a great athlete, that did what he could, and deserves respect just like the rest of you when you finally get to passing.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
29 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
280 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
135 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
67 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
43 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
114 comments
1 day ago