OFFICIAL Breaking Bad Season 5 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
 131
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 119
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
228 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 85
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
105 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 59
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
159 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1421
Doomque 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,189 | Props total: 363 363
What looks interesting to me for the next episode is the meeting that Jessie and Mike have with two yet to be identified men in the dessert. Purely speculation right now but....are they remnants from the Cartel. Are they Lydia's men. The "Buyout" name....to me suggests that Mike's exit strategy is going to be to make his guys whole by selling his and their contracts to someone else for a sum and then walk away. Heisenberg gonna have something to say about that however.
 08-13-2012, 12:44 AM         #1422
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.G said:
That sh*t was fu*king dope..

My issue is that how are they removing methylamine and putting water in at the same time? You do that and you're likely to see them reacting together, creating something that's not really methylamine anymore..

Hopefully someone here has a greater understanding of organic chemistry than I do and can explain though..
uhhhh....didn't they remove the meth first then fill up the tank with water............I don't think it was simultaneously
 08-13-2012, 12:48 AM         #1423
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My man Bill Burr
 5 years ago '04        #1424
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 mrballer23 said:
uhhhh....didn't they remove the meth first then fill up the tank with water............I don't think it was simultaneously
Walt said they were removing 1000 gallons of methylamine from the tanker and replacing it with ~920 gallons of water.

The meter hit 1000 when Walt told Jesse & Todd to close the tanker.

At 300 gallons, Walt started the pump to get the water into the tanker..


I'm confused
 08-13-2012, 12:58 AM         #1425
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  


 08-13-2012, 01:01 AM         #1426
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Landry out here shootin kids and sh*t...
 08-13-2012, 01:02 AM         #1427
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.G said:
Walt said they were removing 1000 gallons of methylamine from the tanker and replacing it with ~920 gallons of water.

The meter hit 1000 when Walt told Jesse & Todd to close the tanker.

At 300 gallons, Walt started the pump to get the water into the tanker..


I'm confused
same but they didn't they dig two different holes...one for the water and one for the meth?


fu*k it I'm watching the episode again
 5 years ago '08        #1428
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,072 | Props total: 12270 12270
 A.G said:
Walt said they were removing 1000 gallons of methylamine from the tanker and replacing it with ~920 gallons of water.

The meter hit 1000 when Walt told Jesse & Todd to close the tanker.

At 300 gallons, Walt started the pump to get the water into the tanker..


I'm confused
the consistency, density, and shear weight of the water is different than the other substance. That is why Walt kept telling them to WAIT until they disconnected. Walt is a brilliant chemist and a very calculating person (in regards to science). He knew what he was doing.
 5 years ago '07        #1429
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
 A.G said:
That sh*t was fu*king dope..

My issue is that how are they removing methylamine and putting water in at the same time? You do that and you're likely to see them reacting together, creating something that's not really methylamine anymore..

Hopefully someone here has a greater understanding of organic chemistry than I do and can explain though..
i think its because the methylamine is heavier so the water will sit on top and slowly mix in. walt calculated the right time that they can simultaneously take out the meth and add water to save time.
 08-13-2012, 01:13 AM         #1430
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the water had to stay on top.......
 08-13-2012, 01:13 AM         #1431
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Landry out here shootin kids and sh*t...
favorite character from FNL.
 5 years ago '05        #1432
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8392 8392
 A.G said:
Walt said they were removing 1000 gallons of methylamine from the tanker and replacing it with ~920 gallons of water.

The meter hit 1000 when Walt told Jesse & Todd to close the tanker.

At 300 gallons, Walt started the pump to get the water into the tanker..


I'm confused
for all we know it may be a little light. we know they got all the meth out, dont know if they got all the water in. but either way there's probably enough in there that as walt says, they will charge it to china
 5 years ago '04        #1433
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 tdnupe3 said:
the consistency, density, and shear weight of the water is different than the other substance. That is why Walt kept telling them to WAIT until they disconnected. Walt is a brilliant chemist and a very calculating person (in regards to science). He knew what he was doing.
methylamine is less dense than water, so it essentially forms an organic layer ON TOP of the water.

Walt was telling them to wait because he wanted to hit exactly 1000gallons. Yet there was no measure of how much water was going back into the tank..

I'm trying to understand the scientific basis behind this.. To say a fictional character "knows what he's doing" is hardly reason for me to accept it..
 08-13-2012, 01:19 AM         #1434
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.G said:
methylamine is less dense than water, so it essentially forms an organic layer ON TOP of the water.

Walt was telling them to wait because he wanted to hit exactly 1000gallons. Yet there was no measure of how much water was going back into the tank..

I'm trying to understand the scientific basis behind this.. To say a fictional character "knows what he's doing" is hardly reason for me to accept it..
 5 years ago '04        #1435
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 S0ap said:
i think its because the methylamine is heavier so the water will sit on top and slowly mix in. walt calculated the right time that they can simultaneously take out the meth and add water to save time.
It's heavier by molar mass, but less dense than water, so it forms an organic layer on top.. Water would sink to the bottom theoretically..
 08-13-2012, 01:21 AM         #1436
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  



 08-13-2012, 01:23 AM         #1437
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so if it mixes, it's reversible?
 5 years ago '04        #1438
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 mrballer23 said:
Has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Walt is using liquid methylamine.

It can possibly react, but would require extra processes, and not only that, but would cause the original estimate of how much water is needed to be off.. Since essentially theyd be removing methylamine with hydroxide.

Ugh, I need sleep.


Last edited by A.G; 08-13-2012 at 01:27 AM..
 08-13-2012, 01:25 AM         #1439
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.G said:
Has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Walt is using liquid methylamine.
yeah figured that out after I posted it
 08-13-2012, 01:28 AM         #1440
N E R D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pumping water, extracting methylamine at the the same dame time

Walter White Jesse Mike committing crimes at the same dame time
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 58
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
57 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside dannielledai
18 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
17 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
30 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 16
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 12
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy