OFFICIAL Breaking Bad Season 5 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #81
SM 38164 heat pts38164 OP
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67131 67131

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #82
space
space

For four seasons straight, creator Vince Gilligan has overseen a near-perfect narrative of suspense and drama in “Breaking Bad,” and it has all been in service of showing Walter White through his inevitable path to darkness. As the series enters its fifth season next month, viewers are ready to finally see that bleak conclusion, but a few choice words from Bryan Cranston recently regarding his character have entertained other potential avenues to come.

Although initial decisions were to maintain the series' narrative as airtight as possible, Cranston revealed to the LA Times that Gilligan might have underestimated the sprawl of his characters' journey. “Vince feels that now we have too much story,” Cranston said. “We could actually go beyond those 16 episodes.” Naturally, as with other shows like “24” and “Deadwood,” the logical extension would be a feature film finale of sorts, and the actor isn't completely against that idea. “It's not far-fetched,” he commented, “I wouldn't mind visiting that possibility. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't know anything of how the show's going to end.”

That last bit of Cranston's comment makes for the most hesitation, because with the actor in the dark about his character's endgame, Gilligan could be (and most likely is) reading these comments and chuckling devilishly. Still, even with the tragic arc of the series thus far, Cranston still seems somewhat optimistic, as he posits the film could “revisit Walter White a year down the road and see where his life has gone. If he's still alive, that is.”

One aspect gone unmentioned by Cranston is the possibility of Walter White becoming simply the most odious person to base a film around. Speaking on the upcoming season, Gilligan added, “[Walter's] going to be a harder guy to root for, I promise you that. The experiment of the show has been to take a good guy and have him transform himself into a bad guy. And we're committed to seeing that through to the very end.”

Whatever that end is, we'll have to wait and see, but considering Gilligan's track record thus far, a bit of blind faith could certainly be spared for “Breaking Bad,” the new season of which starts July 15th. And in the meantime, check out some teaser photos (via Collider) hinting at possible character dynamics and story arcs below.
 5 years ago '10        #83
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,241 | Props total: 101 101
not ready for this thread... only on episode 4 of season 4. just came in to show walt the don some respect

cant wait ...
 5 years ago '06        #84
space
space

5 years ago '06        #85
space
space

(Spoiler warning: Don't read this if you don't want some general details about season 5 of "Breaking Bad")

Anna Gunn's recent popularity on "Breaking Bad" may say something about human nature.

Plenty of viewers griped about her character, Skyler White, early in the show, when she was an obstacle in husband Walter White's journey from cancer-stricken teacher to meth kingpin. But Skyler has become much more liked as she's come to support Walt's criminal enterprise -- and even become his money-launderer-in-chief.

"At first I didn't understand: Why do people think Skyler's a bi-ch?" Gunn told TheWrap. "She's this woman who's trying to keep the family together, and her husband is cooking crystal meth. … I think that people were so behind Walt that they saw Skyler and said, 'Why are you giving him such a hard time?'"

But Skyler has become a crucial partner in Walt's growing meth empire. An accountant by trade, she's also demonstrated a gift for creative bookkeeping. After helping her boss, Ted Beneke, hide revenue from the IRS, she played dumb for an agent by explaining she balanced the books with "the Quicken."

"As she has become badder and turned a corner, she becomes more of a human being, where before it looked like she was more of a moral pillar" Gunn said. "And Skyler is not somebody who shows a huge amount of emotion. She holds her cards very close to the vest. I think that had something to do with the perception of her," Gunn added. "As the complexity has come into her character, I think she's becomes much more of a human being that people can relate to."

Also read: 'Breaking Bad' Star Giancarlo Esposito on the Healing Power of Gus Fring

Emmy voters have another chance to recognize that complexity this Emmy nominating season. While Bryan Cranston has won three Emmys for playing Walt, and Aaron Paul has one won for playing his partner, Jesse Pinkman, Gunn has yet to receive a nomination.

Gunn spoke to us about her role as she prepared to return to Albuquerque to shoot the last episode in the show's two-part final season. The first eight episodes will begin airing July 15, and the final eight will air next year.

We talked about the one character on the show who seems incorruptible, whether Walt and Skyler will be caught by the IRS rather than the DEA, and the chances of a "Breaking Bad" movie once the series wraps.

You're shooting the last episode of the first half of season 5. Then coming back to shoot the rest near the end of the year. Can you talk about how a two-part season affects the story arc? Usually "Breaking Bad" builds to about the sixth episode and then things start happening very fast.

I've got to say, it's a pretty rapid rise this time the whole way. It starts off really strong and it doesn’t ramp up.

More:
 5 years ago '06        #86
space
space

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #87
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,501 | Props total: 908 908
I think it'll probably end up being walt vs jesse and hank ends up discovering walt

walt then frames/snitches on jesse to hank

walt dies from cancer
 5 years ago '06        #88
space
space

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #89
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,612 | Props total: 3237 3237
We get Breaking Bad premiere and Batman in the same week
 5 years ago '06        #90
rquinlan 
space
space
space
$291 | Props total: 37 37
 ghost8 said:
Plus the new Nas album
 5 years ago '10        #91
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
july is so close yet so far
 5 years ago '05        #92
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 mixedwun said:
I think it'll probably end up being walt vs jesse and hank ends up discovering walt

walt then frames/snitches on jesse to hank

walt dies from cancer
 5 years ago '11        #93
Mikey c 
space
space
$1,225 | Props total: 390 390
My cable provider is dropping AMC two weeks before season 5 starts. Ain't that a bi*ch
 06-27-2012, 07:32 PM         #94
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mikey c said:
My cable provider is dropping AMC two weeks before season 5 starts. Ain't that a bi*ch
sorry my brother.... we'll update you on Breaking Bad
 5 years ago '08        #95
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,758 | Props total: 9013 9013
ill rewatch all the seasons aftee the shwo finishes cant wait!
 07-01-2012, 06:11 PM         #96
Shakezula714 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '09        #97
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
space
$7,981 | Props total: 1851 1851
 ghost8 said:
My mind will be in shambles
 5 years ago '09        #98
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
si i guess walt steps to mike on some "we want you on the payroll" type sh*t and mike basically says "fukk off"

i love heisenberg but on some real sh*t, any time he's in a scene with mike, mike makes him look like the pus*y he really is deep down

walt's gonna get his this season..........

rip Gus
 5 years ago '09        #99
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
 Shakezula714 said:
weird......

the laugh track makes me feel like laughing even when i dont find it funny
 5 years ago '05        #100
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space