OFFICIAL Breaking Bad Season 5 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
 50
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
69 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 42
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
77 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #621
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$7,984 | Props total: 1868 1868
Looked up something. The movie Mike was watching on TV was called The Caine Mutiny, and it's about men who revolt against their mentally unstable commander.

Nothing happens for no reason in this show.
 5 years ago '05        #622
Stuart Scott 200 heat pts200
space
avatar space
space
$25,264 | Props total: 19746 19746
So far this is the best season IMO. Gilligan is not slipping
 5 years ago '10        #623
stizz44 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$2,016 | Props total: 1906 1906
 DesertEagle said:
Looked up something. The movie Mike was watching on TV was called The Caine Mutiny, and it's about men who revolt against their mentally unstable commander.

Nothing happens for no reason in this show.


LMAO!!!!! wow. that is hilirious.

So in this case who is the unstable commander? Is it refering to Jesse & Walt revolting against GUS? OR Saul, Jesse, and Mike revolting against Walt.

All Saul needs to do is snitch about the ricin and Jeese & Mike will rip Walts head off.
 07-23-2012, 12:35 PM         #624
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm still very curious as to Madrigal's role in everything. Why did that guy rush to k!ll himself so quickly with the defibrillator?


I still think they have something to do with Gus being untouchable.

 DesertEagle said:
Looked up something. The movie Mike was watching on TV was called The Caine Mutiny, and it's about men who revolt against their mentally unstable commander.

Nothing happens for no reason in this show.
I wonder what Hector was watching on TV when Gus went to torment him.
 5 years ago '10        #625
stizz44 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$2,016 | Props total: 1906 1906
 Yinz N Burgh said:
Why did Mike decide to partner up with Walt and Jesse? Only thing I can think of is he knows the end is probably near and all the money he saved for his family is probably gone.

If so it's crazy how everything comes full circle... Mike is in the game for the reasons Walt use to be, family and Walt is in it for the power or money. I don't know it's hard to tell with him right now.


Mike teamed up with Walt/Jesse cuz his money is gone. And cuz those 11 guys lost all their money too. So to prevent them from k!lling each other Mike is getting them some work.


Walt is all about power right now. Walt will always compare himself to his grad school buddy Elliot, who is a multi-millionaire. Walt wants that. Walt has money, he owns the car wash. His family is set. Skyler even told Walt the money from the car wash is more than enough for them to live and asked Walt to figure out a exit stratgey. Walt wasn’t hearing that.(Season 4-Bug episode)

Like Walt said in the first season, people have always made decisions for him all of his life and the only thing he has left is the choice on how to deal with this and now that he has experienced the power its hard to let go.
 5 years ago '05        #626
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 stizz44 said:
Mike teamed up with Walt/Jesse cuz his money is gone. And cuz those 11 guys lost all their money too. So to prevent them from k!lling each other Mike is getting them some work.


Walt is all about power right now. Walt will always compare himself to his grad school buddy Elliot, who is a multi-millionaire. Walt wants that. Walt has money, he owns the car wash. His family is set. Skyler even told Walt the money from the car wash is more than enough for them to live and asked Walt to figure out a exit stratgey. Walt wasn’t hearing that.(Season 4-Bug episode)

Like Walt said in the first season, people have always made decisions for him all of his life and the only thing he has left is the choice on how to deal with this and now that he has experienced the power its hard to let go.
no matter what anyone tells me i will always feel that this is the primary reason he got into this to begin with. people always want to say that he did it for his family and im sure that had a part to do with it, but he wanted to (for once in his life) take control and do how he sees fit, and then we see what we see
 5 years ago '07        #627
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
 stizz44 said:
LMAO!!!!! wow. that is hilirious.

So in this case who is the unstable commander? Is it refering to Jesse & Walt revolting against GUS? OR Saul, Jesse, and Mike revolting against Walt.

All Saul needs to do is snitch about the ricin and Jeese & Mike will rip Walts head off.
Think its referring to Jessie and Walt's mutiny against Gus



Plot of 'The Caine Mutiny'

Callow, rich Ensign Willis Seward "Willie" Keith (Robert Francis) reports for duty aboard the Caine, his first a.ssignment. Homeported in Pearl Harbor, he is disappointed to find the Caine to be a small, battle-scarred destroyer-minesweeper. Its gruff captain, Lieutenant Commander William H. DeVriess (Tom Tully), has almost completely discarded discipline, and the crew has become slovenly and superficially undisciplined – although their performance is, in fact, excellent. Keith has already met the executive officer, Lieutenant Stephen Maryk (Van Johnson), and is introduced to the cynical communications officer, novelist Lieutenant Thomas Keefer (Fred MacMurray).


The captain is soon replaced by Lieutenant Commander Phillip Queeg (Humphrey Bogart), a no-nonsense veteran and graduate of the United States Naval Academy. He quickly attempts to re-instill discipline into the crew.


The next day, the Caine is a.ssigned to tow a target for gunnery practice. While Queeg is distracted berating Keith and Keefer over a crewman's appearance, he cuts off the helmsman's warning. After the Caine continues in a circle and cuts the towline, Queeg tries to cover up his responsibility.


Other incidents serve to undermine Queeg's authority. When strawberries go missing from the officers' mess, the captain goes to absurd lengths to hunt down the culprit. Despite being told by one of his officers that the mess boys had eaten them, Queeg insists on believing otherwise. He relates a story to Maryk and Keefer of when he, as an ensign, was commended for unmasking a cheese thief.


More seriously, under enemy fire, Queeg abandons escorting a group of landing craft during an amphibious a.ssault long before they reach the fiercely defended shore, instead dropping a yellow dye marker in the water and leaving the landing craft to fend for themselves, much to the crew's disgust. Afterwards, Queeg speaks to his officers, not explicitly apologizing, but bending enough to ask for their support. His disgruntled subordinates do not respond.


Keefer begins trying to convince Maryk that he should relieve Queeg on the basis of mental illness under Article 184 of Navy Regulations. Maryk begins keeping a journal, documenting Queeg's behavior. Keefer then convinces Maryk and Keith to join him in presenting their case to Admiral William F. Halsey, Jr.. While aboard Halsey's flagship, it occurs to Keefer that all of Queeg's documented actions could be interpreted as reasonable attempts to instill discipline, leaving them open to a charge of conspiring to mutiny. When Halsey's aide tells the Caine officers that Halsey will see them, Keefer talks Maryk and Keith out of it.


Matters come to a head during a violent typhoon. Maryk urgently recommends that they steer into the waves and take on ballast, but Queeg refuses to deviate from the fleet-ordered heading and declines Maryk's request for ballast, as he fears that it would foul the fuel lines with salt water. When Queeg appears to become paralyzed, Maryk relieves him, with Keith's support.


Upon returning to port, Maryk and Keith face a court-martial for mutiny. After questioning them and Keefer, Lieutenant Barney Greenwald (José Ferrer) reluctantly accepts the job of Maryk's defense counsel, which a number of other lawyers have already turned down.


The proceedings do not go well, as the self-serving Keefer has carefully managed to cover himself and denies any complicity. Navy psychiatrist Dr. Dixon (Whit Bissell) testifies that Queeg is not mentally ill, but when Queeg is called to testify, he exhibits obvious paranoid behavior under Greenwald's tough cross-examination. Maryk is acquitted, and Keith is spared any charges.


The Caine officers celebrate the trial's results at a hotel. Keefer shows up, telling Maryk privately he did not have the guts not to. Then a drunken Greenwald appears and, clears his "guilty conscience". He berates the officers for not appreciating the years of danger and hardship endured by Queeg, a career navy man. He then lambastes Maryk, Keith, and finally Keefer, for not supporting their captain when he most needed it and gets Maryk and Keith to admit that if they had given Queeg the support he had asked for, he might not have frozen during the typhoon. Greenwald then turns to the man who, in his opinion, should really have been on trial: Keefer. He denounces him as the real "author" of the mutiny, who "hated the Navy" and manipulated the others while keeping his own hands officially clean. The lawyer exposes Keefer's double-dealing in front of the other officers, throws a glassful of champagne in his face and tells Keefer that if he wishes to do anything about the drink in the face, the two could f!ght outside. Keefer makes no challenge and the other officers depart, leaving Keefer alone in the room.


A few days later, Keith reports to his new ship and is surprised to find himself once again serving under now-Commander DeVriess. DeVriess lets the new lieutenant, junior grade know that he will start with a clean slate.


Last edited by Ghost Terp; 07-23-2012 at 12:57 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #628
Tha 23rd Buchan 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,476 | Props total: 644 644
 endless lies said:
I'm still very curious as to Madrigal's role in everything. Why did that guy rush to k!ll himself so quickly with the defibrillator?


I still think they have something to do with Gus being untouchable.
After Offing himself mission impossible III style I thought he was more scared of Madrigal. And Once Madrigal heads flew in with a G5 and handled their business smoothly with the DEA could they be just an even more polished Gustavo or even his mentors?

 Gmengfx said:

[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '12        #629
Tha 23rd Buchan 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,476 | Props total: 644 644
 DesertEagle said:
Looked up something. The movie Mike was watching on TV was called The Caine Mutiny, and it's about men who revolt against their mentally unstable commander.

Nothing happens for no reason in this show.
Nice to see an ep more about Mike, "The Stealth GAWD".
Mike and Walt are building tension. Walt tells Mike hes a ticking time bomb and who runs what to his face. And Walt Tells Sual he runs Mike behind his back.

Walt's going crazy, at the end, I thought he was going to force Skylar to do the deed.
 5 years ago '11        #630
wolfpack32 
space
avatar space
space
$297 | Props total: 0 0
The tension between Skylar and Walt is crazy.
Anyone else got a feeling
[spoiler - click to view]


Remember she said "someone has to protect this family from the person who protects this family"
 5 years ago '05        #631
mobsta 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$2,015 | Props total: 241 241
sh*tS about to get BERSERK

the preview with marie and walt seems INSANE

wild
 5 years ago '05        #632
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7095 7095
That second episode was one of the best of the series

Just got caught up on the first and second episode and the tension all throughout the second episode had me like

That interrogation scene
 5 years ago '09        #633
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$7,984 | Props total: 1868 1868
 endless lies said:
I'm still very curious as to Madrigal's role in everything. Why did that guy rush to k!ll himself so quickly with the defibrillator?


I still think they have something to do with Gus being untouchable.
Madrigal is the distribution company for Gus' enterprise. Gus used the distribution company to ship out meth. a.ssuming the guy k!lled himself because he knew everything that was going on and sh*t is gonna hit the fan.
 5 years ago '07        #634
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
 wolfpack32 said:
The tension between Skylar and Walt is crazy.
Anyone else got a feeling
[spoiler - click to view]


Remember she said "someone has to protect this family from the person who protects this family"
Naw man, you can't forget the opening scene when making up theories. Walt took Skylar's maiden name after disappearing with his new identity, I personally think she's dead and that's his tribute to her but by taking her name there's probably not much animosity held by Walt toward her. We also know that Walt made a lot of money post-Gustavo because he made enough to make himself disappear and buy that massive, expensive a.ss gun.


Last edited by Ghost Terp; 07-23-2012 at 02:51 PM..
 07-23-2012, 02:53 PM         #635
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DesertEagle said:
Madrigal is the distribution company for Gus' enterprise. Gus used the distribution company to ship out meth. a.ssuming the guy k!lled himself because he knew everything that was going on and sh*t is gonna hit the fan.
I know who Madrigal are but there's obviously far more to them then they're letting on.


For one, they're listed as the owners of the laundromat that Gus was using... that also happened to house his meth lab.

Two, they're also the owners of Los Pollos Hermanos, the delivery trucks which Gus used to distribute his meth.

Three, they manufactured very expensive equipment for the meth lab. Not only that, but they conveniently don't even have an invoice for the item they sent out.
 5 years ago '11        #636
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
avatar space
space
$33,335 | Props total: 8486 8486
 Tha 23rd Buchan said:
After Offing himself mission impossible III style I thought he was more scared of Madrigal. And Once Madrigal heads flew in with a G5 and handled their business smoothly with the DEA could they be just an even more polished Gustavo or even his mentors?



Some sort of Chilean crime empire perhaps, good thinking
 5 years ago '11        #637
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
avatar space
space
$33,335 | Props total: 8486 8486
Maybe Jesse and Mike k!ll Hank, Marie, Skylar cuz of DEA sh*t and run Walt off..... then the end will be the final showdown, Walt taking everyone with him
 5 years ago '11        #638
wolfpack32 
space
avatar space
space
$297 | Props total: 0 0
 ghost8 said:
Naw man, you can't forget the opening scene when making up theories. Walt took Skylar's maiden name after disappearing with his new identity, I personally think she's dead and that's his tribute to her but by taking her name there's probably not much animosity held by Walt toward her. We also know that Walt made a lot of money post-Gustavo because he made enough to make himself disappear and buy that massive, expensive a.ss gun.

Damn I had no idea that was skylars maidens name. Thanks for that info!
 5 years ago '10        #639
KillaJ008 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$880 | Props total: 466 466
 jay964 said:
walt will murder him, and his c*nt wife
Hank >>>>>>>>>>>> Walt...everytime hank is on the verge of catching walt, i find myself rooting for hank
 5 years ago '09        #640
DesertEagle 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$7,984 | Props total: 1868 1868
Never realized this:


[pic - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 21
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 8
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 6
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 4
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy