OFFICIAL Breaking Bad Season 5 DISCUSSION Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-06-2012, 01:42 AM         #3081
EpodnamrA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beeboywhoo said:

[pic - click to view]

view in new tab
 5 years ago '04        #3082
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,433 | Props total: 6482 6482
 gunits50cent187 said:
How did they fu*k up?
because the show timeline is only in a year span(so far) so it would be in 2009 and osama wasn't dead until 2011

but he might of just meant in theory being harder than k!lling him. not that osama being k!lled actually happened.
 5 years ago '07        #3083
whowantit 36 heat pts36
space
space
$3,716 | Props total: 4748 4748
No way they try to pass this off as it being Gretchen. Exact same handwriting.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by whowantit; 09-06-2012 at 09:36 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #3084
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
 whowantit said:
No way they try to pass this off as it being Gretchen. Exact same handwriting.

[pic - click to view]

I think 95% of the fanbase knows its Gales. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be slapped
 5 years ago '04        #3085
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 justinjones said:
because the show timeline is only in a year span(so far) so it would be in 2009 and osama wasn't dead until 2011

but he might of just meant in theory being harder than k!lling him. not that osama being k!lled actually happened.
Did they ever mention a specific year in the previous seasons? I didn't pay attention to that detail.
 09-06-2012, 09:12 PM         #3086
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #3087
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,894 | Props total: 2004 2004
 justinjones said:

I believe the new cars they bought had temporary license plates with 2012 on them
 5 years ago '11        #3088
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,335 | Props total: 8496 8496
 beeboywhoo said:

[pic - click to view]

view in new tab
 5 years ago '12        #3089
DireWolf07 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,759 | Props total: 1007 1007
 deLeet said:
Show can go in so many directions, whatever your expecting it wont be it...
I expect Walt to go out on some boss level sh*t
 5 years ago '11        #3090
rbarber1234 44 heat pts44
space
space
$6,053 | Props total: 4932 4932
Im sad this thread is gonna die down now.
 5 years ago '07        #3091
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
 lilsnatch770 said:
I believe the new cars they bought had temporary license plates with 2012 on them

I never noticed that but if it did then it was a mistake

Bedewe22 said:
Did they ever mention a specific year in the previous seasons? I didn't pay attention to that detail.
Yeah, they mention the year in a few episodes. The show spans from 2008-2010. The pilot episode was Walt's 50th ('08), his 51st was this season ('09), and his 52nd was the opening scene to the first episode of this season ('10). There will be a big time jump sometime in the 2nd half of this season.

Straight from Gilligan's mouth:

That’s a good bet. The story up until now has taken about 14, 15 months from the pilot episode. Things will probably will jump ahead a bit at some point.
 09-07-2012, 05:31 AM         #3092
tonyk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rbarber1234 said:
Im sad this thread is gonna die down now.
Unlikely. Boxden always be popping.
 5 years ago '04        #3093
gunits50cent187 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,182 | Props total: 1514 1514
 5 years ago '07        #3094
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 15067 15067
 QB Eagles said:
Anybody here still Team Walt?
goddamn right

say my name
 5 years ago '11        #3095
mystic boy 367 heat pts367
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 163 163
 beeboywhoo said:

[pic - click to view]

view in new tab
got him
 5 years ago '06        #3096
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #3097
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
 coolio said:

5 years ago '04        #3098
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 ghost8 said:
I never noticed that but if it did then it was a mistake

Yeah, they mention the year in a few episodes. The show spans from 2008-2010. The pilot episode was Walt's 50th ('08), his 51st was this season ('09), and his 52nd was the opening scene to the first episode of this season ('10). There will be a big time jump sometime in the 2nd half of this season.

Straight from Gilligan's mouth:
Yeah, they did fu*k up.

Slate: The show is one of the most detail-oriented I can think of. The first four seasons covered a little less than one year in the characters’ lives. You spend a lot of time on processes, how-tos, watching people work. How do you avoid getting lost in the weeds with all that detail?

Gilligan: We get more and more lost in the weeds as the series progresses. I can tell you one particular physical manifestation of that: The hardest part of the job of writing this show is when the six writers and myself sit around the room and break the story. We figure out the story, moment by moment, plot beat by plot beat, and it is such a detailed process that it takes quite a bit of time. It takes longer, man-hour-wise, to do that than to actually write the script once the plot is broken. When we first started, that process of breaking the story took maybe a week, a week and a half, per episode. Then it wound up being about two weeks. Now we are floating around three weeks per episode, and sometimes they go substantially longer than that. We are very lucky that Sony and AMC, the companies we work for, are very understanding about schedule. Having said that, we’re only human. Every now and then, we do catch ourselves in a mistake or someone else catches us in a mistake. We hate when that happens, but it does happen.

Slate: Can you think of an example?

Gilligan: I was talking a few minutes ago to a writer who was asking me about inconsistencies of when the show is set in time. When I was shooting the pilot episode, we had a scene where Walt puts his son’s handicap placard on his car, and it said 2007. The writer said to me: “I thought this show took place in 2007, and it’s only been a year since then, but last week you had someone mention the Osama Bin Laden a.ssassination. How do you reconcile that?” I had to say, “Well, honestly, I don’t.” In a perfect world, this show is somewhat timeless, and people will watch it and think of it as the present.

5 years ago '04        #3099
hedake 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$5,649 | Props total: 10101 10101
 coolio said:

09-07-2012, 11:51 PM         #3100
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bedewe22 said:
Yeah, they did fu*k up.

Slate: The show is one of the most detail-oriented I can think of. The first four seasons covered a little less than one year in the characters’ lives. You spend a lot of time on processes, how-tos, watching people work. How do you avoid getting lost in the weeds with all that detail?

Gilligan: We get more and more lost in the weeds as the series progresses. I can tell you one particular physical manifestation of that: The hardest part of the job of writing this show is when the six writers and myself sit around the room and break the story. We figure out the story, moment by moment, plot beat by plot beat, and it is such a detailed process that it takes quite a bit of time. It takes longer, man-hour-wise, to do that than to actually write the script once the plot is broken. When we first started, that process of breaking the story took maybe a week, a week and a half, per episode. Then it wound up being about two weeks. Now we are floating around three weeks per episode, and sometimes they go substantially longer than that. We are very lucky that Sony and AMC, the companies we work for, are very understanding about schedule. Having said that, we’re only human. Every now and then, we do catch ourselves in a mistake or someone else catches us in a mistake. We hate when that happens, but it does happen.

Slate: Can you think of an example?

Gilligan: I was talking a few minutes ago to a writer who was asking me about inconsistencies of when the show is set in time. When I was shooting the pilot episode, we had a scene where Walt puts his son’s handicap placard on his car, and it said 2007. The writer said to me: “I thought this show took place in 2007, and it’s only been a year since then, but last week you had someone mention the Osama Bin Laden a.ssassination. How do you reconcile that?” I had to say, “Well, honestly, I don’t.” In a perfect world, this show is somewhat timeless, and people will watch it and think of it as the present.

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
97 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy