OFFICIAL GQ Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside MAKONNEN goes off on DRAKE!! OVO was like PRISON DRAKE used him and TH..
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn Brilliant Idiot's Podcast almost melts down. Charlamagne says Schulz..
144 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Fake Miami Dolphin player has been scamming white women for years
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside School Boy Q disses BX's Golden Boy Drake
141 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$11,145 | Props total: 1046 1046
 AKS MUZIK said:
dat box

I copped the box at TJ maxx
 5 years ago '07        #82
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 AKS MUZIK said:
gucci green!!!!
It's amazing because that's the color that came into mind before reading your comment.I was thinking a light green tho because I want to do it with a navy blue blazer....very light gray pants and some black shoes.

Its something like this

[pic - click to view]

Feel free to comment on my selection

Last edited by dnycem; 05-08-2012 at 07:57 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #83
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
space
Dudes f*ck with pocket square?
 05-09-2012, 06:54 PM         #84
AKS MUZIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^i've wore square to super formal events only
 5 years ago '04        #85
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
I dunno.. If you're wearing a suit, I think a pocket square is the way to go.. It adds a little extra something..
 5 years ago '07        #86
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,420 | Props total: 269 269
pocket squares can be cool, a nice polka dot pattern or gingham that matches your tie would set the suit off right.
 5 years ago '07        #87
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
space
My red socks finally came in .....bout jus throw in on with this tie

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #88
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,525 | Props total: 575 575
 lilsnatch770 said:
Damn this looks like my kind of thread. I am getting my masters in history and social studies education so I can teach. I observed this semester and student teach in the fall AKA I'm always dressed up.

Here's my tie drawer (had a few snekkid by my brother I have to get back):

[pic - click to view]

I'll post up a few combinations of what I like to wear but I have a lot of colored dress shirts and some nice dress shoes too.
I have that striped tie in the middle with the blue. I'm kinda mad I don't get to wear clothes like that on a consistent basis, but since I've changed careers from business to instrumentation engineering I'm wearing more practical everyday clothes. My wife comes at my neck for not dressing up anymore, but when you have no where to go, I can never justify buying that type of clothing. But I big up anyone who does.
 5 years ago '04        #89
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$38,927 | Props total: 1881 1881
I've been building up my wardrobe for the last few years now..

My words of advice for anyone trying to build a nice wardrobe:

Shirts: Best bet is to go custom fitted or go with a very brand that runs slim. The best places for shirts at a decent price: Bonobos, Ratio Clothing & Modasuite.

Shoes: A ton of great shoemakers. Just forego the "mainstream" brand names. They're guaranteed to be crafted terribly. Most of you would be surprised to hear that a lot of supposed "high end" shoemakers make garbage. The major exception is some high end Ralph Lauren shoes, since they're made by other companies. You can spend a bit less or the same amount of money on a pair of shoes that will literally last you 10+ years. Depending on whether you like Italian or English style, you can go with Testoni, Alden, Allen Edmonds, Santoni, Crockett & Jones, etc. Oh, and cordovan is the way to go.

Ties: If you're going to spend ~$100 on a tie, buy Kiton, Attolini or Borrelli.. Zegna too.. Another area where brand name doesn't necessarily translate to quality.

Suits.. There are a ton of options. Not worth it to go through it all. Just make sure the damn thing fits right.

Accessories.. Shoe trees, collar stays (WURKINSTIFFS)..

If you're not at the point of buying a ton of expensive clothes, a few VERY GOOD clothes are better than a wardrobe of full of mediocre things.

Cheaper alternatives -

J. Crew - Is the sh*t.
Lands' End/Canvas - have good sales occasionally.
Banana Republic - can get some good stuff.. Avoid the factory outlet clothes though.
Frank & Oak - have some good stuff.. Everything under $50. Not my cup of tea, but solid selection there.

Last edited by A.G; 05-12-2012 at 01:10 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #90
servesurite 38 heat pts38
space
space
$8,976 | Props total: 487 487
 S0ap said:
pocket squares can be cool, a nice polka dot pattern or gingham that matches your tie would set the suit off right.
a pocket square should never match your tie

keep the colors simple and solid and can go with a lot of combinations

black, white, sky blue, red, brown etc
 5 years ago '09        #91
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,419 | Props total: 5 5
bumps thread
 5 years ago '07        #92
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 servesurite said:

The simplest way is to just match it with the button up shirt you got under
 5 years ago '07        #93
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
space
This Is a good site on different ways on how to fold a pocket tie for different styles
 5 years ago '07        #94
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
 servesurite said:

damn, you're right. pocket squares are actually suppose to offset the outfit to show some flare, if it matched the tie the outfit would look bland. I'll be sure to never do that.
 5 years ago '07        #95
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
space
So I plan on wearing a light blue blazer,a light pink shirt and a brown and khaki color tie.What pocket square color should I wear?
 5 years ago '06        #96
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,183 | Props total: 342 342
Everybody needs to know about tiebar.com. It's where GQ and a lot of other companies get their ties. All ties are $12 and they have skinny ties, bow ties, tie bars, and other sh*t. Just got my order and the quality is on point. Just got a new job so I copped like 6 ties from here to start with
 5 years ago '07        #97
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 csarvis3 said:
Everybody needs to know about tiebar.com. It's where GQ and a lot of other companies get their ties. All ties are $12 and they have skinny ties, bow ties, tie bars, and other sh*t. Just got my order and the quality is on point. Just got a new job so I copped like 6 ties from here to start with
All ties $12...
 5 years ago '07        #98
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
 csarvis3 said:
tiebar is the sh*t, i'm about to get some actual tiebars from there. GQ stay promoting them, and I see why, they have lots of men's accessories on the site.

dnycem said:
All ties $12...
what's wrong with a $12 tie if it looks good? and please don't say because it's cheap or not high-end enough for you. i highly doubt anyone can tell the quality of any tie from the look only.
 5 years ago '07        #99
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
space
 S0ap said:
tiebar is the sh*t, i'm about to get some actual tiebars from there. GQ stay promoting them, and I see why, they have lots of men's accessories on the site.

what's wrong with a $12 tie if it looks good? and please don't say because it's cheap or not high-end enough for you. i highly doubt anyone can tell the quality of any tie from the look only.
To be honest I didn't even look at the site.....dude mentioned people from gq be getting ties from the site so I a.ssumed high end ties.
 05-15-2012, 09:33 AM         #100
AKS MUZIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ties are like anything else, what you pay for is what you get......

I don't know about a $12 tie, the cheap ones I got for like 2 for $30 lasts like 2 wears and done.

My silk ties that I bought from DKNY like 10+ years ago still going strong
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melina Can Do the Splits on This D1ck
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hallie Jade Mathers
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mar 22 - Legendary Mafia Goon Depicted In Goodfellas Arrested With Got..
67 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside MizzTwerksum Has A Wardrobe Malfunction! (Big Booty Exposed)
29 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Mar 22 - Missing 15 year old girl "heinously raped" on FB live
211 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sesame Street introduces a new Muppet who has a father in jail
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Husband Supports Wife In Court After She Fu€Ks 14yr Old Numerous Times..
101 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Uk Rapper Giggs Blasts Samuel L Jackson
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy