OFFICIAL GQ Thread

most viewed right now
 101
Image(s) inside They doing too much with these "toys"
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 78
Article inside Rapper Z-Ro arrested for beating girlfriend for hours while holding p..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 76
Image(s) inside The Cakes Are Tiny But The Chest Is Mighty!
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 60
Image(s) inside Riri eating and i appreciate that
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 5 years ago '07        #41
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$11,508 | Props total: 1496 1496
 Dangerously said:




YOU'RE WELCOME...YOU'RE ALL WELCOME.
Them t*tties tho ....definetly just learned from both videos


Last edited by dnycem; 05-05-2012 at 04:54 PM..
 05-05-2012, 04:22 PM         #42
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dray said:
Get yo hoe mane


[pic - click to view]

I had to cut her. I lost some Brooks Brothers and Purple Label ties

She tried to give me a bunch of ties she got from Ross for Christmas. I looked at that mexican funeral a.ssortment of ties like
 5 years ago '11        #43
Dray 1132 heat pts1132
space
avatar space
space
$57,817 | Props total: 20205 20205
 Dangerously said:
I had to cut her. I lost some Brooks Brothers and Purple Label ties

She tried to give me a bunch of ties she got from Ross for Christmas. I looked at that mexican funeral a.ssortment of ties like


I feel you man lost a lot of items due to these hormones of these women
 5 years ago '07        #44
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$11,508 | Props total: 1496 1496
 Dangerously said:
I had to cut her. I lost some Brooks Brothers and Purple Label ties

She tried to give me a bunch of ties she got from Ross for Christmas. I looked at that mexican funeral a.ssortment of ties like
Damn brah.....
 5 years ago '07        #45
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$11,508 | Props total: 1496 1496
What brands do y'all cop for button up shirts for under your blazer,suit,etc? I only cop RL button up but

i need other options because RL dont be having every color that I am looking for. Also do any of y'all

f*ck with with different color dress socks? If so wear do y'all cop em?I've been hunting for some red

socks


[pic - click to view]




No break slacks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


1 break pants in my opinion


[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '07        #46
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,150 | Props total: 93 93
Memorieeeees here. When I was a younger gentleman, working an entry-level job on Wall Street and thinking that I was doing it, I blew a lot of dough on dress clothes. Pardon if my opinions are a little dated. I haven't work a suit for work since 2006, and I'm never going back. Won't even do restaurants that enforce dress codes, because fu*k it.. their food will make me sh*t just like red lobster's too.

Personal favorites: Hugo Boss suits; Michael Kors shirts; and no real preference with ties but I enjoy the bold colors and material on Kenneth Cole and DKNY a lot. I have some Sean John ties and shirts in there, too. Don't sleep on Tommy Hilfiger shirts.

As for shoes, I always went with Cole Haan or Kenneth Cole Reaction. Blew money on some Fratelli Rossetti's once and regret it to this day. The shoes cost me like $700. Yeah, they were well-made and comfortable (by dress shoes standards), but that money could've been a whole new outfit. (Do remember: entry-level wall street gig.)
 5 years ago '11        #47
Dray 1132 heat pts1132
space
avatar space
space
$57,817 | Props total: 20205 20205
 Venom said:
he might get robbed for his ties and complain in this thread after
Thats not GQ like though
 5 years ago '08        #48
Sakurai 
space
space
space
$153 | Props total: 27 27
If you're looking for some quality dress shoes check Allen Edmonds, John Lobb and Edward Green
 05-06-2012, 12:44 PM         #49
AKS MUZIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeithHernandez said:
Memorieeeees here. When I was a younger gentleman, working an entry-level job on Wall Street and thinking that I was doing it, I blew a lot of dough on dress clothes. Pardon if my opinions are a little dated. I haven't work a suit for work since 2006, and I'm never going back. Won't even do restaurants that enforce dress codes, because fu*k it.. their food will make me sh*t just like red lobster's too.

Personal favorites: Hugo Boss suits; Michael Kors shirts; and no real preference with ties but I enjoy the bold colors and material on Kenneth Cole and DKNY a lot. I have some Sean John ties and shirts in there, too. Don't sleep on Tommy Hilfiger shirts.

As for shoes, I always went with Cole Haan or Kenneth Cole Reaction. Blew money on some Fratelli Rossetti's once and regret it to this day. The shoes cost me like $700. Yeah, they were well-made and comfortable (by dress shoes standards), but that money could've been a whole new outfit. (Do remember: entry-level wall street gig.)

 05-06-2012, 12:49 PM         #50
AKS MUZIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dnycem said:
What brands do y'all cop for button up shirts for under your blazer,suit,etc? I only cop RL button up but

i need other options because RL dont be having every color that I am looking for. Also do any of y'all

f*ck with with different color dress socks? If so wear do y'all cop em?I've been hunting for some red

socks


[pic - click to view]




No break slacks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


1 break pants in my opinion


[pic - click to view]



I got a lot of dress shirts for work from banana republic and club monico, quality is pretty good similar to RL.

I've used Maxwell (traveling taylor) he's amazing but not sure if he's still in business. he custom makes your shirts exactly how you want it.....
 5 years ago '04        #51
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$31,771 | Props total: 1640 1640
Here's a few combinations I enjoy or got a lot of compliments on:


[pic - click to view]



Normally this was light grey pants and this shirt and tie. One day I thought a girl in class was going to offer to blow me. She was a little too excited about my shirt (grad classes are normally at 430 so I head over to them after substituting/observing all day).


[pic - click to view]



I like this one with black pants. Trying to get a nice green shirt to go with this tie but I am waiting until I find a summer job.

Here's a small collection of my shirts. I have about 10-12 more


[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '04        #52
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$31,771 | Props total: 1640 1640
 AKS MUZIK said:
money will come my yute, focus on ya studies and work hard.

good luck
I know, I know. Not too worried but thanks
 5 years ago '04        #53
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$31,771 | Props total: 1640 1640
 Dangerously said:
I'd show you my ties, but my ex thought it was a good idea to take all 70, tie them together and put them in the washing machine.

That was a rough day.
If any of my EXs did that to me, I may be in jail right now. There is no point in destroying people's stuff when you break up.
 5 years ago '07        #54
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$11,508 | Props total: 1496 1496
 KeithHernandez said:
Memorieeeees here. When I was a younger gentleman, working an entry-level job on Wall Street and thinking that I was doing it, I blew a lot of dough on dress clothes. Pardon if my opinions are a little dated. I haven't work a suit for work since 2006, and I'm never going back. Won't even do restaurants that enforce dress codes, because fu*k it.. their food will make me sh*t just like red lobster's too.

Personal favorites: Hugo Boss suits; Michael Kors shirts; and no real preference with ties but I enjoy the bold colors and material on Kenneth Cole and DKNY a lot. I have some Sean John ties and shirts in there, too. Don't sleep on Tommy Hilfiger shirts.

As for shoes, I always went with Cole Haan or Kenneth Cole Reaction. Blew money on some Fratelli Rossetti's once and regret it to this day. The shoes cost me like $700. Yeah, they were well-made and comfortable (by dress shoes standards), but that money could've been a whole new outfit. (Do remember: entry-level wall street gig.)
I usually do slacks and a different color blazer not suits.Ill do a suit only for a real formal event.I want my next blazer to be a Double vented blazers Hugo Boss .
As for shoes I think Ferragamo might be the way to...that's if u got the budget for em....good ones start at like $500


Last edited by dnycem; 05-06-2012 at 04:26 PM..
 05-06-2012, 08:41 PM         #55
AKS MUZIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
Here's a few combinations I enjoy or got a lot of compliments on:


[pic - click to view]



Normally this was light grey pants and this shirt and tie. One day I thought a girl in class was going to offer to blow me. She was a little too excited about my shirt (grad classes are normally at 430 so I head over to them after substituting/observing all day).


[pic - click to view]



I like this one with black pants. Trying to get a nice green shirt to go with this tie but I am waiting until I find a summer job.

Here's a small collection of my shirts. I have about 10-12 more


[pic - click to view]

good stuff, you're on your way to success.....

hope you ended up taking dat girl home still lol
 5 years ago '04        #56
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
Here is my ties... I kinda converted a belt hanger to a tie hanger, works out pretty well


[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '04        #57
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$31,771 | Props total: 1640 1640
 AKS MUZIK said:
good stuff, you're on your way to success.....

hope you ended up taking dat girl home still lol
Nah she is just okay and I have a girlfriend Looking at a few jobs this summer, then I'll grab some more sh*t.
 5 years ago '07        #58
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
a few of my favorite ties, i'm a skinny dude so narrow/skinny ties suit me well (no pun intended)

[pic - click to view]



i love wearing ties, so i get offended when people don't wear theirs properly. a few tips on tie wearing:

1) How you knot your tie depends on the width of your collar. wide spread collars=full windsor. average width=4 in hand or half windsor.

2) Length: the tip of the tie should be right at the belt line. Anything higher, you'll look like a kid. anything lower you'll look like a wanna be pimp

3) Yes you can wear it loose, but anything more than a few inches you look kinda like a douche.

[pic - click to view]


wrong


[pic - click to view]


stylish

see the difference?


props to TS for this thread, I got a new job so I'll prolly be in here/this section more often.
 05-07-2012, 12:01 AM         #59
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
If any of my EXs did that to me, I may be in jail right now. There is no point in destroying people's stuff when you break up.
Actually, she thought she was doing GOOD. We lived together and we switch weeks doing laundry and whatnot and she tried to go above and beyond on a n*gga...
 5 years ago '07        #60
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
 outlaw0immortal said:
what kinda dress shoes/going out shoes yll rockin? I need to get a new pair
I got a pair of dope brown loafers, but I need a pair of night time shoes.
i've been eyein these Boss wingtips for a hot minute.

[pic - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 57
Video inside You've been lied to: 401K IS A SCAM
110 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 50
Image(s) inside Yo Lindsay Lohan Is WASHED... Not At The Cleaners.
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 49
Video inside LAs most hated man has a bounty over his head
53 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 47
Image(s) inside Jul 24 - Facebook worker living in garage to Zuckerberg: challenges ou..
23 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside Jul 26 - Man stabs tranny he met on dating site 119 times after she to..
117 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside Tay K First interview, live from jail... 65% sure he will get out
38 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 19
NBA Who the Warriors can thank their offense for.
64 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside She Ready! How Tiffany Haddish Became The Hottest Star In Comedy
73 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy