OFFICIAL GQ Thread

most viewed right now
 113
BREAKING: 69 allegedly beat up!
212 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
 108
Image(s) inside Jan 18 - #Releasethememo movement... Something Serious Is Coming
123 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 92
Video inside The 'THRILLER' girl reacts to the video, 34 years later!
24 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 77
Video inside Guess Nas Was Right, DeHaven Details Jay-Z Gettin Robbed In Marcy Not O..
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '04        #461
joker 170 heat pts170
space
avatar space
space
$7,207 | Props total: 15889 15889
 dnycem said:
Bump


VDay

[pic - click to view]



Always on point fam.
dnycem gave props
 
 2 years ago '15        #462
Hellmatic 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,491 | Props total: 17759 17759
 joker said:
last weekend


[pic - click to view]

yo is it bad fashion/taboo if i wear some dress shoe socks with stuff like this? i hate the shoe with no sock look, its a pet peeve of mine. Why do people wear it like that? Just curious
 2 years ago '04        #463
joker 170 heat pts170
space
avatar space
space
$7,207 | Props total: 15889 15889
 Hellmatic said:
yo is it bad fashion/taboo if i wear some dress shoe socks with stuff like this? i hate the shoe with no sock look, its a pet peeve of mine. Why do people wear it like that? Just curious
There's nothing wrong with wearing dress socks with a blazer/suit. It's considered proper.

I live in Florida so it gets mad hot. Its normally too hot to even wear a blazer. I started rocking no show socks as a way to try to stay cooler in the heat. Now I've done it so long, I rarely wear visible socks even if it's cooler outside. My friends up north make fun of me for it tho lol


Last edited by joker; 02-23-2016 at 10:27 AM..
Black Cobra and 2 others gave props
 
 2 years ago '07        #464
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$11,787 | Props total: 1794 1794
I was before not a fan of trousers with no socks but grew to love it. I always wear no show socks(no socks visually) with linen or cotton trousers in the summer unless is a very formal event.

At first I was not fan of sportcoats with out a tie. No tie with a double brea$ted suit has grown me.Double brea$ted suits are almost always button and the crossing is higher so the shirt stays in tact whereas a single brea$ted jacket I tend to wear unbutton most of the time. sh*t look too smooth


[pic - click to view]



Last edited by dnycem; 02-23-2016 at 11:55 AM..
joker gave props
 
 2 years ago '07        #465
MELODY 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$10,504 | Props total: 1960 1960
 dnycem said:
Bump


VDay

[pic - click to view]

Perfectly done sir. Spread collar. Tailored pants. Double monks traps. I'd probably go with the Prince Albert tie knot. But that's just me. Other than that well done.
dnycem gave props
 
 2 years ago '07        #466
MELODY 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$10,504 | Props total: 1960 1960
This thread shouldn't exist. We should have multiple "GQ" type threads with multiple topics within this section. Not everyone is going to want to read through pages. For instance tie knots should have their own thread. How to wear pocket squares should have their own thread etc. How does an ugly a.ss sneaker have its own thread but we have to compile adult topics? Smh.
Black Cobra and 5 others gave props
 
 2 years ago '07        #467
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$11,787 | Props total: 1794 1794
 MELODY said:
Perfectly done sir. Spread collar. Tailored pants. Double monks traps. I'd probably go with the Prince Albert tie knot. But that's just me. Other than that well done.
What's your reason for that? I am curious

My logic behind tie knots is I want the knot to fill in the gap of the collar. Prince Albert tie knots on spread collars look good with thick ties(e.g. Tom Ford) that fill up the gap due to thickness,otherwise for spread collars I stick with A Shelby or half Windsor. Shelby is my go to tie knot tho. It gives the best dimple imo.

For a cutaway collar is Shelby all the time.
Narrow collar, which I don't like wearing, then a FOH or Albert(double FOH)

Its really tie thickness and shirt collar that determine the knot I want to do.
 2 years ago '07        #468
MELODY 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$10,504 | Props total: 1960 1960
 dnycem said:
What's your reason for that? I am curious

My logic behind tie knots is I want the knot to fill in the gap of the collar. Prince Albert tie knots on spread collars look good with thick ties(e.g. Tom Ford) that fill up the gap due to thickness,otherwise for spread collars I stick with A Shelby or half Windsor. Shelby is my go to tie knot tho. It gives the best dimple imo.

For a cutaway collar is Shelby all the time.
Narrow collar, which I don't like wearing, then a FOH or Albert(double FOH)

Its really tie thickness and shirt collar that determine the knot I want to do.
Prince Albert knot is the new wave. But you're right it all depends on how thick the tie is. This is why I recommend trump ties. His clothes aren't stylish but his ties are definitely the thickest and most elegant imo
dnycem and 1 others gave props
 
 2 years ago '07        #469
st21 1261 heat pts1261
space
avatar space
space
$56,256 | Props total: 45421 45421
can someone tell me what type of tie this is here?



not the brand name but the material/style.

@ @
 2 years ago '04        #470
joker 170 heat pts170
space
avatar space
space
$7,207 | Props total: 15889 15889
 st21 said:
can someone tell me what type of tie this is here?



not the brand name but the material/style.

@ @
Silk knitted tie. I personally like those ties cause of their texture for knots.



 2 years ago '07        #471
st21 1261 heat pts1261
space
avatar space
space
$56,256 | Props total: 45421 45421
 joker said:
Silk knitted tie



nice man thanks. so i see they don't come to a point at the bottom. is it still acceptable to wear one w/o a jacket or an unbuttoned jacket?
 2 years ago '04        #472
joker 170 heat pts170
space
avatar space
space
$7,207 | Props total: 15889 15889
 st21 said:
nice man thanks. so i see they don't come to a point at the bottom. is it still acceptable to wear one w/o a jacket or an unbuttoned jacket?
Most people consider knitted ties less formal. So theyre perfectly fine without jackets or a jacket that is unbuttoned.

Try googling images under "knit tie" or "knitted tie" for outfit ideas.


Last edited by joker; 03-10-2016 at 03:32 PM..
st21 and 1 others gave props
 
 2 years ago '07        #473
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$11,787 | Props total: 1794 1794
Yea knit ties are koo...lie @ said...they are are less formal ties.




I need to get my hands on one
 2 years ago '07        #474
MELODY 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$10,504 | Props total: 1960 1960
 st21 said:
nice man thanks. so i see they don't come to a point at the bottom. is it still acceptable to wear one w/o a jacket or an unbuttoned jacket?
I've seen some that come with a pointed bottom somewhere on Instagram. Honestly a tie without a jacket looks childish. They say knit ties are less formal but I've seen tom ford wear a black one with a black suit at formal events. It's up to you how you dress it up.
 2 years ago '07        #475
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$11,787 | Props total: 1794 1794
 MELODY said:
I've seen some that come with a pointed bottom somewhere on Instagram. Honestly a tie without a jacket looks childish. They say knit ties are less formal but I've seen tom ford wear a black one with a black suit at formal events. It's up to you how you dress it up.
Hermes Knit ties have pointed bottoms.

[pic - click to view]


 2 years ago '07        #476
MELODY 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$10,504 | Props total: 1960 1960
 dnycem said:
Hermes Knit ties have pointed bottoms.

[pic - click to view]


Don't have to be hermes homie.
 2 years ago '07        #477
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$11,787 | Props total: 1794 1794
 MELODY said:
I've seen some that come with a pointed bottom somewhere on Instagram. Honestly a tie without a jacket looks childish. They say knit ties are less formal but I've seen tom ford wear a black one with a black suit at formal events. It's up to you how you dress it up.
 MELODY said:
Don't have to be hermes homie.
Yea $225 is steep for a tie

But then again dudes cop Jordans for the same price or more and a tie has better longevity then a pair of sneakers.
 2 years ago '07        #478
MELODY 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$10,504 | Props total: 1960 1960
 dnycem said:
Yea $225 is steep for a tie

But then again dudes cop Jordans for the same price or more and a tie has better longevity then a pair of sneakers.
Yea but you can wear Those Jordan's everyday. Not ties.
dnycem and 1 others gave props
 
 2 years ago '07        #479
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$11,787 | Props total: 1794 1794
 MELODY said:
Perfectly done sir. Spread collar. Tailored pants. Double monks traps. I'd probably go with the Prince Albert tie knot. But that's just me. Other than that well done.
Went with the Prince of Albert tie knot

[pic - click to view]

joker and 5 others gave props
 
 1 year ago '04        #480
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,836 | Props total: 1539 1539
We need to bring back this thread... so much flames in here...
torious gave props
 
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 43
Image(s) inside Jennifer Lopez Baby Got Back
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside Offset RUIN Migo Rollout & Is Getting Cancel For Homophobic Line "I Do..
334 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Demar Derozan Banned from Compton
39 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside Is anyone getting Mutant Footaball League on Friday?
59 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Michael Blackson rips Kevin Hart in new standup. :mjlol:
15 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 17
Diddy Responses To Gay Comments And Disses 50 Cent
165 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Lindsay Lohan continues Batgirl campaign on Twitter
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside Hardest Effin Game for the SNES!
51 comments
20 hours ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy