OFFICIAL GQ Thread

most viewed right now
Living In Texas Versus Living In New York
48 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 20 - Texas woman traveling with 4-year-old daughter found with $2M..
19 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Carmelo Willing To Waive $8M Trade Kicker for Rockets
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Thick Puerto Rican GILF still reppin Ruff Ryders, BX taking her for a r..
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '05        #421
ayoking 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$883 | Props total: 200 200
 joker said:
cheap suiting:
h&m
express (they always have 30-40% off deals)
bar III from macys ,when its on sale, which is often
Jcrew factory, when its on sale/the suit pants are baggy)
Zara

Keep in mind you dont even have to buy the matching pants. You can just buy a blazer and pair it with different (cheap) chinos from H&M (or some place like that). Example: Buy a navy cotton blazer and pair it with either white, maroon, green, red, khaki, grey, etc chinos. Navy is one of the easiest colors to work with.

Respect. Im tryna be on my davidson frere sh*t. I dont care for the quality of fabric just that fit

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '14        #422
jjeezy 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 2110 2110
What are some colors to match when buying blazers & pants?

Ive seen in here that navy goes with almost anything..i plan on getting a red blazer to wear with white or cream trousers, blue & green, Carolina blue & dark blue are the only ones i can think of now.

What are some of yalls favorite color ways? & should the dress shirt always be a light color?
 2 years ago '04        #423
atruedsgb 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,523 | Props total: 664 664
 jjeezy said:
What are some colors to match when buying blazers & pants?

Ive seen in here that navy goes with almost anything..i plan on getting a red blazer to wear with white or cream trousers, blue & green, Carolina blue & dark blue are the only ones i can think of now.

What are some of yalls favorite color ways? & should the dress shirt always be a light color?
So many options. For what occasion are you wearing your blazer combos? If it's for business, stick with basic patterns...nothing crazy (solid, windowpane, small-checkered, houndstooth, etc.). As far as color-pants combos - navy or black blazer w/varying lighter shades of grey or khaki...light to medium grey blazer w/ navy or black pants, brown to dark brown blazer w/ black pants or khaki.

The color of the shirt depends on the occasion and pants you choose. If it's business related stick with light.
 2 years ago '05        #424
chrismb 539 heat pts539
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 26589 26589
 atruedsgb said:
So many options. For what occasion are you wearing your blazer combos? If it's for business, stick with basic patterns...nothing crazy (solid, windowpane, small-checkered, houndstooth, etc.). As far as color-pants combos - navy or black blazer w/varying lighter shades of grey or khaki...light to medium grey blazer w/ navy or black pants, brown to dark brown blazer w/ black pants or khaki.

The color of the shirt depends on the occasion and pants you choose. If it's business related stick with light.
How U know so much about this sh*t? Lol

What shade of color for which occasion and all that
 2 years ago '12        #425
Superstarbrown7 17 heat pts17
space
space
$3,384 | Props total: 3259 3259
What are some good cheap loafers
 2 years ago '04        #426
atruedsgb 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,523 | Props total: 664 664
 chrismb said:
How U know so much about this sh*t? Lol

What shade of color for which occasion and all that
Lol, I started in business (sales) at a relatively young age, so I've been dressing in suiting for a good little while. Plus my sister is a designer in the industry so I pick her brain for tips/recommendations.

Superstarbrown7 said:
If you're talking <$100, I'd recommend a pair of Cole Haan's (on sale) or Kenneth Cole, if you're in the <$150 range go with Johnston & Murphy. Shop Macy's one day sales or Bluefly and catch a good deal. Make sure you also get a good quality leather shoe kit and a pair of shoe trees to keep them in good condition. And whichever you choose, take it to a shop and add taps at the so the bottoms don't wear out.
 2 years ago '12        #427
Superstarbrown7 17 heat pts17
space
space
$3,384 | Props total: 3259 3259
 atruedsgb said:
Lol, I started in business (sales) at a relatively young age, so I've been dressing in suiting for a good little while. Plus my sister is a designer in the industry so I pick her brain for tips/recommendations.

If you're talking <$100, I'd recommend a pair of Cole Haan's (on sale) or Kenneth Cole, if you're in the <$150 range go with Johnston & Murphy. Shop Macy's one day sales or Bluefly and catch a good deal. Make sure you also get a good quality leather shoe kit and a pair of shoe trees to keep them in good condition. And whichever you choose, take it to a shop and add taps at the so the bottoms don't wear out.
Thanks
 2 years ago '04        #428
joker 170 heat pts170
space
space
$7,117 | Props total: 15542 15542
 Superstarbrown7 said:
You can get bass weejuns from their website at 30-40% off during their frequent sales. Those are good starter loafers since they can work for casual and dressier looks. I say "starter" because you'll eventually want more dressier loafers.

The brand Meermin has all of the good loafer silhouettes u should aim to add in your collection eventually. Im not saying buy loafers from that specific brand since it will be pretty expensive. Im just saying go for thse classic loafer silhouettes you see on their page cause theres some sh*tty loafer options out there.

click:
 2 years ago '04        #429
mrjam7 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,060 | Props total: 199 199
Think I'm looking for a nice trench coat that's not Burberry ! I can't see my self spending 2k on one
 2 years ago '04        #430
joker 170 heat pts170
space
space
 mrjam7 said:
Think I'm looking for a nice trench coat that's not Burberry ! I can't see my self spending 2k on one
This isnt very high quality material and its cropped a little short. I like the burgundy tho.

another one

2 years ago '04        #431
joker 170 heat pts170
space
space
My fit for a wedding this past weekend.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by joker; 10-04-2015 at 09:21 AM..
 2 years ago '04        #432
mrjam7 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,060 | Props total: 199 199
 joker said:
This isnt very high quality material and its cropped a little short. I like the burgundy tho.

another one

have a zara near me gonna have to check it out !! props for the help !
 2 years ago '04        #433
joker 170 heat pts170
space
space
 mrjam7 said:
have a zara near me gonna have to check it out !! props for the help !

This one doesnt look bad and its very affordable/on sale. I dont think its water proof tho.

2 years ago '06        #434
chrisf249 
space
space
$973 | Props total: 279 279
i need ya help, can some one help me find a denim blazer. thanks guys
 2 years ago '06        #435
Nrizzle84 
space
space
space
$247 | Props total: 8 8
 joker said:
My girl got me this topcoat and blazer for xmas. I dont own any coats besides like a plain peacoat. Living in FL you dont this type of sh*t but I think Im gonna start rocking them with my fits.

[pic - click to view]

Dope jacket. Who's it by?
 2 years ago '04        #436
joker 170 heat pts170
space
space
 Nrizzle84 said:
Dope jacket. Who's it by?
Uniqlo

Bananarepublic, H&M, Zara, all sell one right now too
 2 years ago '06        #437
Nrizzle84 
space
space
space
$247 | Props total: 8 8
 joker said:
Uniqlo

Bananarepublic, H&M, Zara, all sell one right now too
Thanks my man. Been wanting a jacket like that with similar length. I always end up finding them too short or full on trench length.
 2 years ago '07        #438
dnycem 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 1475 1475
 joker said:
You can get bass weejuns from their website at 30-40% off during their frequent sales. Those are good starter loafers since they can work for casual and dressier looks. I say "starter" because you'll eventually want more dressier loafers.

The brand Meermin has all of the good loafer silhouettes u should aim to add in your collection eventually. Im not saying buy loafers from that specific brand since it will be pretty expensive. Im just saying go for thse classic loafer silhouettes you see on their page cause theres some sh*tty loafer options out there.

click:
What you know about Meermin
 2 years ago '04        #439
joker 170 heat pts170
space
space
 dnycem said:
What you know about Meermin
Got me a pair of double monks from them. I still need to get some suede tassel loafers too.

2 years ago '07        #440
st21 1111 heat pts1111
space
space
$51,921 | Props total: 32342 32342
 ayoking said:
Respect. Im tryna be on my davidson frere sh*t. I dont care for the quality of fabric just that fit

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Jul 19 - Why Americans are having less sex
62 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Whos moms is this?
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ESPN tells pro gamer to change Street Fighter character’s costume to ..
77 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside **Why**, was the U.S. Flag... **blowing, on the moon???!**
124 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Michelle Rodriguez something serious with the bang bangs
44 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside How to take care of your husband (From a 1950's home economics book)
225 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL OJ Simpson caught masturbating in his cell, might be denied parole
112 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside MERCEDES Targets Wealthy With Luxury Pickup
9 comments
1 day ago