OFFICIAL GQ Thread

most viewed right now
 61
Image(s) inside 50 cent v.s GAME
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 49
NBA Westbrook on Zaza: Imma get his ass back, I don't play that game
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 47
Article inside GS9 Member Santino "Cueno" Boderick sentenced to 117 1/2 years in pri..
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
Jan 19 - 8 Countries so cheap you won't need to work
8 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 2 years ago '05        #421
ayoking 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$870 | Props total: 188 188
 joker said:
cheap suiting:
h&m
express (they always have 30-40% off deals)
bar III from macys ,when its on sale, which is often
Jcrew factory, when its on sale/the suit pants are baggy)
Zara

Keep in mind you dont even have to buy the matching pants. You can just buy a blazer and pair it with different (cheap) chinos from H&M (or some place like that). Example: Buy a navy cotton blazer and pair it with either white, maroon, green, red, khaki, grey, etc chinos. Navy is one of the easiest colors to work with.

Respect. Im tryna be on my davidson frere sh*t. I dont care for the quality of fabric just that fit


[pic - click to view]

 2 years ago '14        #422
jjeezy 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$9,196 | Props total: 2099 2099
What are some colors to match when buying blazers & pants?


Ive seen in here that navy goes with almost anything..i plan on getting a red blazer to wear with white or cream trousers, blue & green, Carolina blue & dark blue are the only ones i can think of now.


What are some of yalls favorite color ways? & should the dress shirt always be a light color?
 2 years ago '04        #423
atruedsgb 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$1,454 | Props total: 422 422
 jjeezy said:
What are some colors to match when buying blazers & pants?

Ive seen in here that navy goes with almost anything..i plan on getting a red blazer to wear with white or cream trousers, blue & green, Carolina blue & dark blue are the only ones i can think of now.

What are some of yalls favorite color ways? & should the dress shirt always be a light color?
So many options. For what occasion are you wearing your blazer combos? If it's for business, stick with basic patterns...nothing crazy (solid, windowpane, small-checkered, houndstooth, etc.). As far as color-pants combos - navy or black blazer w/varying lighter shades of grey or khaki...light to medium grey blazer w/ navy or black pants, brown to dark brown blazer w/ black pants or khaki.

The color of the shirt depends on the occasion and pants you choose. If it's business related stick with light.
 2 years ago '05        #424
chrismb 470 heat pts470
space
avatar space
space
$15,753 | Props total: 16477 16477
 atruedsgb said:
So many options. For what occasion are you wearing your blazer combos? If it's for business, stick with basic patterns...nothing crazy (solid, windowpane, small-checkered, houndstooth, etc.). As far as color-pants combos - navy or black blazer w/varying lighter shades of grey or khaki...light to medium grey blazer w/ navy or black pants, brown to dark brown blazer w/ black pants or khaki.

The color of the shirt depends on the occasion and pants you choose. If it's business related stick with light.
How U know so much about this sh*t? Lol

What shade of color for which occasion and all that
 2 years ago '12        #425
Superstarbrown7 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$2,460 | Props total: 1540 1540
What are some good cheap loafers
 2 years ago '04        #426
atruedsgb 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$1,454 | Props total: 422 422
 chrismb said:
How U know so much about this sh*t? Lol

What shade of color for which occasion and all that
Lol, I started in business (sales) at a relatively young age, so I've been dressing in suiting for a good little while. Plus my sister is a designer in the industry so I pick her brain for tips/recommendations.

 Superstarbrown7 said:
What are some good cheap loafers
If you're talking <$100, I'd recommend a pair of Cole Haan's (on sale) or Kenneth Cole, if you're in the <$150 range go with Johnston & Murphy. Shop Macy's one day sales or Bluefly and catch a good deal. Make sure you also get a good quality leather shoe kit and a pair of shoe trees to keep them in good condition. And whichever you choose, take it to a shop and add taps at the so the bottoms don't wear out.
 2 years ago '12        #427
Superstarbrown7 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$2,460 | Props total: 1540 1540
 atruedsgb said:
Lol, I started in business (sales) at a relatively young age, so I've been dressing in suiting for a good little while. Plus my sister is a designer in the industry so I pick her brain for tips/recommendations.



If you're talking <$100, I'd recommend a pair of Cole Haan's (on sale) or Kenneth Cole, if you're in the <$150 range go with Johnston & Murphy. Shop Macy's one day sales or Bluefly and catch a good deal. Make sure you also get a good quality leather shoe kit and a pair of shoe trees to keep them in good condition. And whichever you choose, take it to a shop and add taps at the so the bottoms don't wear out.
Thanks
 2 years ago '04        #428
joker 166 heat pts166
space
avatar space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 13761 13761
 Superstarbrown7 said:
What are some good cheap loafers
You can get bass weejuns from their website at 30-40% off during their frequent sales. Those are good starter loafers since they can work for casual and dressier looks. I say "starter" because you'll eventually want more dressier loafers.

The brand Meermin has all of the good loafer silhouettes u should aim to add in your collection eventually. Im not saying buy loafers from that specific brand since it will be pretty expensive. Im just saying go for thse classic loafer silhouettes you see on their page cause theres some sh*tty loafer options out there.

click:
 1 year ago '04        #429
mrjam7 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,967 | Props total: 97 97
Think I'm looking for a nice trench coat that's not Burberry ! I can't see my self spending 2k on one
 1 year ago '04        #430
joker 166 heat pts166
space
avatar space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 13761 13761
 mrjam7 said:
Think I'm looking for a nice trench coat that's not Burberry ! I can't see my self spending 2k on one
This isnt very high quality material and its cropped a little short. I like the burgundy tho.



another one

 1 year ago '04        #431
joker 166 heat pts166
space
avatar space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 13761 13761
My fit for a wedding this past weekend.


[pic - click to view]



Last edited by joker; 10-04-2015 at 10:21 AM..
 1 year ago '04        #432
mrjam7 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,967 | Props total: 97 97
 joker said:
This isnt very high quality material and its cropped a little short. I like the burgundy tho.



another one

have a zara near me gonna have to check it out !! props for the help !
 1 year ago '04        #433
joker 166 heat pts166
space
avatar space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 13761 13761
 mrjam7 said:
have a zara near me gonna have to check it out !! props for the help !

This one doesnt look bad and its very affordable/on sale. I dont think its water proof tho.

 1 year ago '06        #434
chrisf249 
space
avatar space
space
$838 | Props total: 163 163
i need ya help, can some one help me find a denim blazer. thanks guys
 1 year ago '06        #435
Nrizzle84 
space
space
space
$247 | Props total: 8 8
 joker said:
My girl got me this topcoat and blazer for xmas. I dont own any coats besides like a plain peacoat. Living in FL you dont this type of sh*t but I think Im gonna start rocking them with my fits.


[pic - click to view]

Dope jacket. Who's it by?
 1 year ago '04        #436
joker 166 heat pts166
space
avatar space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 13761 13761
 Nrizzle84 said:
Dope jacket. Who's it by?
Uniqlo

Bananarepublic, H&M, Zara, all sell one right now too
 1 year ago '06        #437
Nrizzle84 
space
space
space
$247 | Props total: 8 8
 joker said:
Uniqlo

Bananarepublic, H&M, Zara, all sell one right now too
Thanks my man. Been wanting a jacket like that with similar length. I always end up finding them too short or full on trench length.
 1 year ago '07        #438
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,913 | Props total: 776 776
 joker said:
You can get bass weejuns from their website at 30-40% off during their frequent sales. Those are good starter loafers since they can work for casual and dressier looks. I say "starter" because you'll eventually want more dressier loafers.

The brand Meermin has all of the good loafer silhouettes u should aim to add in your collection eventually. Im not saying buy loafers from that specific brand since it will be pretty expensive. Im just saying go for thse classic loafer silhouettes you see on their page cause theres some sh*tty loafer options out there.

click:
What you know about Meermin
 1 year ago '04        #439
joker 166 heat pts166
space
avatar space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 13761 13761
 dnycem said:
What you know about Meermin
Got me a pair of double monks from them. I still need to get some suede tassel loafers too.

 1 year ago '07        #440
st21 970 heat pts970
space
avatar space
space
$47,804 | Props total: 20350 20350
 ayoking said:
Respect. Im tryna be on my davidson frere sh*t. I dont care for the quality of fabric just that fit


[pic - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 22
Video inside What you need to know about GIANT ANCIENT TREE STUMPS...you won't belie..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Margot Robbie transforms into figure skater Tonya Harding for biopic r..
37 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside Live on my FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!((((((((((((
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
Article inside The iPhone 8 is already causing problems for Apple’s competitors
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Barack Obama 4's
63 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside I hear Nintendo out here fu*king up already Hm ?..
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside JIM JONES meets JAY-Z @ ROCNATION offices trying to get signed! BOSS HO..
176 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
Video inside New Injustice 2 Trailer with New Character Reveals
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy