MMG Press Conference Today At 1pm EST / 10am PST (Live Stream)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #361
dank 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,309 | Props total: 838 838
 SM said:
no one there yet

05-02-2012, 10:34 PM         #362
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Actually plenty of people were there. Those seats were empty because 2 times the amount of people showed up than expected. It got pushed back because the specially pressed 'Ross Seats' they ordered were literally made on the spot to accommodate more people. heard that from someone who was there.
 05-02-2012, 10:44 PM         #363
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
press conference tho
 05-02-2012, 10:49 PM         #364
unknown mutant 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dray said:

r u serious

get your life together
 Boy Wonder said:
Who the fuk would cancel going to work to get $$$ for some sh*t like this ?!

Just post up, wait for that sh*t to spread all over twitter, forums, etc & don't have to watch a thing
 44wade said:
Hey, i kind of did the same thing, cancelled last appt and dipped early.

Oh well, at least Im home.

edi:still gettin paid tho
 TimmyGee said:
we got to do better

i deserve all of this. on the real, too. i aint even mad at yall cause im dumb for chillin out for the press conference. i still got it in at the office, though. i reschedule the cancelled appt for friday, but still a fail tho, b
 05-02-2012, 11:35 PM         #365
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This n*gga bout to miss money for Rozay
 6 years ago '04        #366
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5479 5479
official moves being made by MMG
 6 years ago '11        #367
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Graftedgenes said:
235 word post?

Im not a fan of homo-eroticism but I see you managed to begin and end your post with homos3xual references/fantasies. Dissapointed

Lets think like the C.E.O's do:

99% of HiipHop albums dont go Gold in this era but Ross has 3 Gold albums in the last 7 years with one nearly Gold. Def Jam is pleased.

Wale had the #9 best selling HipHop album of 2011 and in this climate thats enough tp make Lyor Cohen smile and Warner Brothers is pleased.

MMG is not overhyped they just do an excellent job at promoting/marketing their artists and there brand.

Its not easy running a label, you have to know how to market your artists and what demographics to promote your artists to and most importantly picking the right songs...

Ross may never go platinum but he will drop Hot music and continue to help other aspiring artists thrive in this industry.

Its easy to tell who's music the streets fu*k with, you can just go outside and listen or look at the faces in the crowd when you see footage of the shows, see who the "street-rappers" collab with...you know.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Graftedgenes again.
 6 years ago '12        #368
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
Just another rap luncheon. MMG is a movement that didn't move. No big albums, one solid mixtape (rich forever) an album that sounded like a mixtape and only one rapper that innovative (rick ross). n*ggas bit ross' flow, beat choice etc. Sorry but MMG will fail. As much as I like ross, his team is the same as st lunatics and DTP. What happened to triple C? And for those sayin meek mill is crazy on the mic..... he's the 2.5 version of ace hood.
 6 years ago '12        #369
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 Blah said:
glorifying this fraud
every 90's rap n*gga or street dude should be shaking there head rite now

BIG wouldnt approve of this sh*t puff
You can't say that cuz for one, biggie was a petty drug dealer prending to be frank white/biggie smalls. One minute he makin songs bout k!llin, then goes on radio to say "I never wish death on nobody, ever". Then how bout his mom?? She tryna justify his lyrics by sayin "he's not glorifyin gun and drugs, he's talkin bout getting it out the hood"... but doesn't biggie say "all for the love of drug dealin"? So somebodys bein fraudulant.... r u sayin his mom is the fraud? Or is it christopher? Ur pic, either way, christopher wuldnt approve.
 6 years ago '12        #370
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 HipHop Since 93 said:
You're comparing an era where EVERYBODY went platinum to now where a handful of rappers have platinum albums. Ross might not be platinum, but 4 consecutive gold albums cant possibly be a bad thing.
Ur right bout the era thing. But how is that a million people can download and support a mixape but won't put out $10 for an album??? That's when u see who ur real fans r, the ones who are willing to put money out, not always lookin for the free sh*t. EVERYONE supports FREE sh*t, but let them show support by risking $$. My n*gga ross hasn't gon platnium yet off one album. His tapes r better than geezys, but jeezy has 3 platinum albums and 103 sold more than nicki first week. So yea gold isn't bad, but he's a big artist wit good tapes, but doin little numbers when its time for "fans" to put that cash out...
 6 years ago '04        #371
ddubb21 
space
space
$2,140 | Props total: 4 4
guess they just lettin people throw the term "press conference" around pretty loosely these days huh
 05-03-2012, 12:00 PM         #372
flyboyfloss 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
as long as he got Meek Mills he winning
 6 years ago '08        #373
V.R. Nabor 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,157 | Props total: 3203 3203
n*ggas think going platinum means that's the only way an artist can eat gtfoh
 05-03-2012, 04:30 PM         #374
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 murdamurda said:
The entire record label is scared of 50

n*gga please! fu*k the police!
 6 years ago '12        #375
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,144 | Props total: 11426 11426
So, announcing release dates for 3 of the Top 10 artists of this past year wasnt big enough to hold a press conference?

#1, #7, and #10.

Sounds big enough to me.
 05-03-2012, 04:40 PM         #376
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trelli3Matrix said:
Ur right bout the era thing. But how is that a million people can download and support a mixape but won't put out $10 for an album??? That's when u see who ur real fans r, the ones who are willing to put money out, not always lookin for the free sh*t. EVERYONE supports FREE sh*t, but let them show support by risking $$. My n*gga ross hasn't gon platnium yet off one album. His tapes r better than geezys, but jeezy has 3 platinum albums and 103 sold more than nicki first week. So yea gold isn't bad, but he's a big artist wit good tapes, but doin little numbers when its time for "fans" to put that cash out...

Jay Z is my favorite, but he gone eat anyway. I stay buying z-ro, k-rino, dj screw cd's. The locals...I support Ross. Thats why I bought $200 worth tickets for his show here in dallas on monthers day. Didnt buy anyone of his tapes...don't matter, cause If I did, I wouldn't be going to the concert.
 6 years ago '05        #377
TheDboy 
space
space
$436 | Props total: 12 12
This is getting ridicoulous since when do record labels need to have press confrence like they a pro sports franchise to announce when they droppin music. I can see why def jam would have one its def jam but they n*ggas! come on, waste of money dawg just go to the radio station muthafu*kas u n*ggas not lady gaga these n*ggas barely got plaques
 6 years ago '10        #378
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
 3rdcoasta said:
n*gga please! fu*k the police!
the irony
 05-03-2012, 06:43 PM         #379
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
So, announcing release dates for 3 of the Top 10 artists of this past year wasnt big enough to hold a press conference?

#1, #7, and #10.

Sounds big enough to me.
3 of the Top 20 artists on the Forbes HipHop list (Diddy, Swizz, Ross) #2, #15, #17.

I think it was great for Hiphop.

To actually have Lyor Cohen, Todd Moscowitz & Joie Manda in the same room is epic enough but then you got Shaheem Reid & Elliot Wilson too....we got release dates for "Gfid", "SMV2", "D&N", "EMF" and word on the new Omarion signing and the new Clothing line.

I was proud to see brothers talk about collaborating on business endeavors, partnerships,
themes about Minority-entrepreneurship, the culture, work ethic, branding, marketing, loyalty, and love for the craft.....things that we dont hear enough of in HipHop.

I fear that many people lack the intellectual capacity to derive any knowledge or wisdom out of the words that were spoken during the Press Conference but then again the average fan is so ignorant that they think a rapper calling a Press conference in HipHop is somehow sacreligious as if our writers, bloggers, editors, & journalists are inferior to theirs in their outside world.

We gonna keep mashin' for the ration till the wheels fall off this bi*ch.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago