MMG Press Conference Today At 1pm EST / 10am PST (Live Stream)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
162 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM         #321
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DSOM said:
YAYO???
so think ross would not have went platinum during that time period

the pre-download era

cut it out
sometimes u say dumb sh*t when talking about artist that u dont like
lmao stop taking him serious at all. The n*gga usually just says sh*t about 'baphomet'
 6 years ago '12        #322
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,061 | Props total: 11270 11270
 drumgangP said:
Well it can backfire, or it can propel him further. If you remember back when Jay Z had the blueprints+best of both worlds 1/2 with R Kelly/His Unplugged album and all that in such a short span....people though he was going to fall off or burn out, and while he did suffer SOME backlash, he did push further and the end result was the Jay Z we have today.

Not saying Ross can do that, but hey, who knows?

you know what I forgot, Ross hasnt dropped in almost two years.

Not counting Rich Forever, but its been awhile since Teflon Don, so who knows.

I think Jay got stagnant, but he made one of the best power moves of all time, Beyonce. After that, Jay could do no wrong.
 05-02-2012, 03:31 PM         #323
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sidenote playing 2k12 and this fu*k n*gga Melo is 0-6 and a scrub is getting points in the lane on me. LOL I know this is offtopic but wtfadjsodjsaodsa
 05-02-2012, 03:36 PM         #324
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
Heres one of those Wiz films now, 6 million views by the way

if you wanna know who Bill Paladino is. You dont have to look far. "TGOD Filmmaker" Been touring with them for years documenting everything

And those are vlogs that average a million+ every time 1 of em are dropped, for years upon years on end now. I could care less about the race comment about them being 'minorities', seeing as how that isnt whats being discussed here, visibility and the use of social media to spread awareness for a brand was.

Currensy's work with Creative Control and the other indie film users he has regular working relationships are largely responsible for quite a few underground artists getting national exposure believe it or not.

I mean this video introduced alot of people across the country to a certain rapper Ross snatched up remember?

MayBach Films

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Just a few samples.

Race? A race is a competition with a start and a finish, Meek wasnt racing he was riding.

I care very much that we have another minority-owned enterprise because economic empowerment is crucial to our community and providing employment opportunities to people in our communities is essential. More rappers should take on that responsibility.

If poor Wiz would have had the proper visuals for his project he would have gotten that "Platinum" that everybody brags about but instead he had a single that sold over 3 million copies then another single that sold a Milli and then his last single Gold.....yet no Platinum album.
 05-02-2012, 03:36 PM         #325
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blah said:
glorifying this fraud
every 90's rap n*gga or street dude should be shaking there head rite now

BIG wouldnt approve of this sh*t puff
this.
 05-02-2012, 03:40 PM         #326
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
MayBach Films

Just a few samples.

Race? A race is a competition with a start and a finish, Meek wasnt racing he was riding.

I care very much that we have another minority-owned enterprise because economic empowerment is crucial to our community and providing employment opportunities to people in our communities is essential. More rappers should take on that responsibility.

If poor Wiz would have had the proper visuals for his project he would have gotten that "Platinum" that everybody brags about but instead he had a single that sold over 3 million copies then another single that sold a Milli and then his last single Gold.....yet no Platinum album.
If Poor Ross had been doing this promotion/marketing, then perhaps Poor Wiz's first solo on a national level wouldnt've damn near matched his in sales

Thought the conversation was about using vlogs/video marketing and such to spread awareness, you just started bringing up sales and platinum/gold certs. Huh? Nice way to change the subject after losing the initial debate

Not to mention all of that landed Poor wiz deals with companies like Microsoft

Last edited by drumgangP; 05-02-2012 at 03:47 PM..
 05-02-2012, 03:49 PM         #327
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
If Poor Ross had been doing this promotion/marketing, then perhaps Poor Wiz's first solo on a national level wouldnt've damn near matched his in sales

Thought the conversation was about using vlogs/video marketing and such to spread awareness, you just started bringing up sales and platinum/gold certs. Huh? Nice way to change the subject after losing the initial debate
Vlogs/Video-marketing are the reason why Ross and MMG have so many endorsements and built their brand so effectivley even while selling an average amount of records.

I made a reference to sales to say that a rapper like Wiz with the proper visuals would be able to maximize his numbers.

I didnt know this was a "debate", I thought it was a discussion about the how MMG has been k!lling the game in the visuals department so nicely that they got recognized in XXL and by Diddy.
 6 years ago '11        #328
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,518 | Props total: 38 38
 The N said:
all this sh*t for nothing, MMG ain't sh*t in Hip Hop Business, they are no where near even murder INC

yet want to act like they are G-UNIT or NO LIMIT?, get the fu*k out of here

all this talk about self made when they are an affiliated label, lets say these fools where never down

with Diddy/Camel, etc? who the fu*k would give a damn about these dudes?

This is is the foolery they are selling
Lyor Cohen Speaks On Ross "He has the biggest office in the world, The Streets"

STREETS DON'T LIKE POLICE, stop that sh*t Lyor you to smart to say that sh*t
You're comparing an era where EVERYBODY went platinum to now where a handful of rappers have platinum albums. Ross might not be platinum, but 4 consecutive gold albums cant possibly be a bad thing.
 05-02-2012, 04:18 PM         #329
Tybigbigguy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
I already named the execs for you.....Lyor Cohen, Joie Manda, Todd Moscowitz.

Your last 4 posts leads me to believe that this Press Conference is stressful for you.
u mad
 6 years ago '12        #330
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 Graftedgenes said:
Vlogs/Video-marketing are the reason why Ross and MMG have so many endorsements and built their brand so effectivley even while selling an average amount of records.

I made a reference to sales to say that a rapper like Wiz with the proper visuals would be able to maximize his numbers.

I didnt know this was a "debate", I thought it was a discussion about the how MMG has been k!lling the game in the visuals department so nicely that they got recognized in XXL and by Diddy.
I see that C.O dicck aint been cleaned since it entered your mouth... You and the rest of these training day partners are fuccking delutional as always... Look at the amount of money and attention is spend on this n*gga and his so called succesful label that CANT sell records... thats like marketing a big budget movie and not give a fucck about ticket sales... i swear this is THE MOST OVERHYPED HIPHOP LABEL IN HISTORY... How the fu*k are you a boss that cant show your artists nothing coz you dont know sh*t yourself... I believe this n*gga Ross isnt even the real boss of MMG just a face like Dre for beats by Dre... Coz where the fu*k do all the money come from? I mean Busta been in the game for much longer with much more success but Lil Wayne is his boss... my point is if it was that easy to jus start a label and sign a bunch of unsuccessful motherfucckers than everyone wouldv had their own label...

Back to Ross, this n*gga's albums will never and i do mean NEVER go platinum, coz his office is delutional and the streets are REAL... and we ALL know Ross and real is like oil and water... The streets dont fu*k wit Ross... So Grafted remove that police acadamy dicck from your mouth... AND GO FUCCK YOURSELF!!!
 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM         #331
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
Ahhhhh he really shouldve pushed to get Lloyd on MMG imo. Sabotage is a major record and that'd be dope.

Omarion really?
I agree somewhat but it could actually work with Omarion though, he has the potential to do well over there with the right features/producers but me personally he fits the younger 106 & Park crowd, would have gone with someone like Sterling Simms who was mentioned earlier or maybe Joe whose singing style would gel well with Teedra Moses and so forth. I guess we have to wait and see what develops from this.
 6 years ago '05        #332
murdamurda 33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$6,979 | Props total: 166 166
Wale not so hard. Meek got a couple of felonies.
Is that what Ross is banking on?
 05-02-2012, 04:34 PM         #333
Tybigbigguy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Grafted said sales don't matter but he always seems to bring up 50's drop in sales in arguments
 05-02-2012, 04:40 PM         #334
Sin Loc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jesus christ maybach latino and its tag is a fu*king L
 6 years ago '11        #335
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,518 | Props total: 38 38
 Pleasure Boy said:
I see that C.O dicck aint been cleaned since it entered your mouth... You and the rest of these training day partners are fuccking delutional as always... Look at the amount of money and attention is spend on this n*gga and his so called succesful label that CANT sell records... thats like marketing a big budget movie and not give a fucck about ticket sales... i swear this is THE MOST OVERHYPED HIPHOP LABEL IN HISTORY... How the fu*k are you a boss that cant show your artists nothing coz you dont know sh*t yourself... I believe this n*gga Ross isnt even the real boss of MMG just a face like Dre for beats by Dre... Coz where the fu*k do all the money come from? I mean Busta been in the game for much longer with much more success but Lil Wayne is his boss... my point is if it was that easy to jus start a label and sign a bunch of unsuccessful motherfucckers than everyone wouldv had their own label...
Its quite obvious that you wont like anything a.ssociated with Ross just because of the CO thing. Ross has an unquestionable work ethic, thats why he gets the props he gets from big names in the industry. He put out an album every year from '08-2010. Teflon Don came out in May 2010, and in December 2010 he put out a mixtape of completely orginal material. Then in 2011 he launched his own label, and put out hits for a whole year. He wasn't the first to sign Wale or Meek Mill but he's the 1 they became succesful with. Meek has had 3 hit records without even releasing his debut album yet. Wale has had 3, maybe 4 hit records since joining MMG and is close to a gold album. Whether you like them or not, you gotta respect their hustle, cuz they putting in work. & in the middle of the download era, a gold album is an accomplishment when only a handful of rappers go platinum. I dont know the numbers but I'm sure MMG singles aren't doing bad sales wise.

& alot of artists have had labels that did absolutely nothing so it must not be that hard to start a label.
 6 years ago '12        #336
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
Damn, Rocsi looking right on 106 and park
 6 years ago '04        #337
shabz 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 11 11
Self Made Vol. 2 Drops June 26

God Forgives I Don't Drops July 31st

Meek Mill Dreams / Nightmares Album Drops August 28th

something is gettin pushed back.
 6 years ago '12        #338
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
bag of money world premiere on 106 right now, song is better with the vid
 6 years ago '12        #339
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 HipHop Since 93 said:
Its quite obvious that you wont like anything a.ssociated with Ross just because of the CO thing. Ross has an unquestionable work ethic, thats why he gets the props he gets from big names in the industry. He put out an album every year from '08-2010. Teflon Don came out in May 2010, and in December 2010 he put out a mixtape of completely orginal material. Then in 2011 he launched his own label, and put out hits for a whole year. He wasn't the first to sign Wale or Meek Mill but he's the 1 they became succesful with. Meek has had 3 hit records without even releasing his debut album yet. Wale has had 3, maybe 4 hit records since joining MMG and is close to a gold album. Whether you like them or not, you gotta respect their hustle, cuz they putting in work. & in the middle of the download era, a gold album is an accomplishment when only a handful of rappers go platinum. I dont know the numbers but I'm sure MMG singles aren't doing bad sales wise.

& alot of artists have had labels that did absolutely nothing so it must not be that hard to start a label.
n*gga pr0nstars workethic are crazy too it doesnt necessarily make u the best... my argument is this, dont hype sh*t up thats not even that big... i swear these n*ggas jus called random people to that conference to make this n*gga look important... They treat Ross like the n*gga that won 8 grammies that sold 5mil in his 1st week... Imma tell you n*ggas 1 thing... A lie can only last for so long... Keep believing the hype
 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM         #340
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pleasure Boy said:

Back to Ross, this n*gga's albums will never and i do mean NEVER go platinum, coz his office is delutional and the streets are REAL... and we ALL know Ross and real is like oil and water... The streets dont fu*k wit Ross... So Grafted remove that police acadamy dicck from your mouth... AND GO FUCCK YOURSELF!!!
235 word post?

Im not a fan of homo-eroticism but I see you managed to begin and end your post with homos3xual references/fantasies. Dissapointed

Lets think like the C.E.O's do:

99% of HiipHop albums dont go Gold in this era but Ross has 3 Gold albums in the last 7 years with one nearly Gold. Def Jam is pleased.

Wale had the #9 best selling HipHop album of 2011 and in this climate thats enough tp make Lyor Cohen smile and Warner Brothers is pleased.

MMG is not overhyped they just do an excellent job at promoting/marketing their artists and there brand.

Its not easy running a label, you have to know how to market your artists and what demographics to promote your artists to and most importantly picking the right songs...

Ross may never go platinum but he will drop Hot music and continue to help other aspiring artists thrive in this industry.

Its easy to tell who's music the streets fu*k with, you can just go outside and listen or look at the faces in the crowd when you see footage of the shows, see who the "street-rappers" collab with...you know.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy