MMG Press Conference Today At 1pm EST / 10am PST (Live Stream)

most viewed right now
 93
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 71
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 29
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #301
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
avatar space
space
$59,348 | Props total: 25267 25267
 Blah said:
he was talking that way before he got shot
it definitely slowed him down man..you must have not heard him generally speaking before he got shot
 05-02-2012, 02:49 PM         #302
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
Seriously? I can name new n*ggas that were doing that before he ever did it. But Jeezy, G Unit, Diddy himself, TI, and even Game were all doing the same things. Tip, Luda, Game, Jeezy, and G unit all had websites/videos/previews/vlogs and so on.


And his model is a carbon copy of what Wiz Khalifa was doing for years with the Day Todays, and Currensy with the Creative Control film team. Like I said, theyre reaching.

Lets not forget how Joe Budden giving a peek inside his real life gave inspiration to everyone to get in front of cameras. All the people I named had vlogs/interviews/videos and such on their own social networks that garnered millions of views.

Like I said Diddy can hype all he wants, but no.

You said you could name 5 mainstream artists that had the visual game on lock like MMG


G-Unit films, Grand Hustle films etc etc dont exist:

Joe Budden isn't mainstream, does he even film music-videos? Concert footage?
Who is his film crew?

Jeezy, Diddy, T.I Game, Wiz don't have their own personal film crews that follow their artists around the clock and film them and Vlog it, they don't have their own guerilla-film division that films videos for all their songs be it mixtape or album within their own budget they pay other people to do that. It's not self-contained, big budget, in-house or On the level of MMG.


The Reason why Dre Films was in this months issue of XXL is because nobody else in the game has taken better advantage of having a Film division the way MMG has, if a HipHop publication can recognize it I don't see why the public can't.
 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM         #303
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
and to be honest, sh*t like this happens all the time, they just took it another level by live streaming.

and

we tuned in.

Everything they did and said trended, sh*t Maybach O and MMG is still trending worldwide.


[pic - click to view]

Yeah the press conference/live stream setup is great. When Jeezy did his calls live for the release of Jizzle, and live streamed for the announcement of the TM101 concert/and streamed the concert it was all great. Good to see that kind of visibility is still being used by artists for marketing/promotion today.
 6 years ago '04        #304
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
 44wade said:
and to be honest, sh*t like this happens all the time, they just took it another level by live streaming.

and

we tuned in.

Everything they did and said trended, sh*t Maybach O and MMG is still trending worldwide.


[pic - click to view]

when concert tickets sales, record sales and itunes downloads match twitter followers or retweets then i'll be impressed by that.
 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM         #305
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
You said you could name 5 mainstream artists that had the visual game on lock like MMG


G-Unit films, Grand Hustle films etc etc dont exist:

Joe Budden isn't mainstream, does he even film music-videos? Concert footage?
Who is his film crew?

Jeezy, Diddy, T.I Game, Wiz don't have their own personal film crews that follow their artists around the clock and film them and Vlog it, they don't have their own guerilla-film division that films videos for all their songs be it mixtape or album within their own budget they pay other people to do that. It's not self-contained, big budget, in-house or On the level of MMG.


The Reason why Dre Films was in this months issue of XXL is because nobody else in the game has taken better advantage of having a Film division the way MMG has, if a HipHop publication can recognize it I don't see why the public can't.
This is one episode, 1.7 Million views, he does have a dedicated film team that does shoot his videos and all his vlogs, hes largely responsible for the social media wave with VLOGS and such. Learn something:


[video - click to view]



Thats one episode that has nearly 2 million. Its a series thats been going on for years. The artists I named do have networks/websites and such that do the same.

Heres another episode that has 2.3 million views


[video - click to view]


Bill Paladino has been featured in publications across the country and such since he and Wiz Hooked up. Long before a Dre Films ever existed by the way. What he and Wiz did with the Vlogs, previews, and multiple videos for mixtapes(Kush & OJ's video campaign overshot most n*ggas album promos) set trends that to many, including Ross, are following today.


Also look up Creative Control and the campaign they started with Currensy. Currensys other video guy, David Parks, actually is a member of this website. You knew that right?


Last edited by drumgangP; 05-02-2012 at 02:57 PM..
 6 years ago '12        #306
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,194 | Props total: 11489 11489
 drumgangP said:
Yeah the press conference/live stream setup is great. When Jeezy did his calls live for the release of Jizzle, and live streamed for the announcement of the TM101 concert/and streamed the concert it was all great. Good to see that kind of visibility is still being used by artists for marketing/promotion today.
the interview jeezy did also with Elliott Wilson was good, and the doc. Labels gotta be more creative, and make the sure the public knows what is up, they cant have a Jeezy or Ross throw up a duck, not a good look for the artist or the label.

 DSOM said:
when concert tickets sales, record sales and itunes downloads match twitter followers or retweets then i'll be impressed by that.
Well, this is it, Im not saying GFID will go plat, even though I think it will, this is the one that is gonna make or break Ross. If he doesnt go plat, I think its a bad look, and the people will turn on him.

But if things go like they plan, I think Ross could take a Jay Z ascent, to a lesser extent because Ross cant land someone like Beyonce, then again, I didnt think Jay could either.
 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM         #307
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
This is one episode, 1.7 Million views, he does have a dedicated film team that does shoot his videos and all his vlogs, hes largely responsible for the social media wave with VLOGS and such. Learn something:




Thats one episode that has nearly 2 million. Its a series thats been going on for years. The artists I named do have networks/websites and such that do the same.

Heres another episode that has 2.3 million views



Bill Paladino has been featured in publications across the country and such since he and Wiz Hooked up. Long before a Dre Films ever existed by the way.


Also look up Creative Control and the campaign they started with Currensy. Currensys other video guy, David Parks, actually is a member of this website. You knew that right?
that video looked raggedy and low budget...come to MMG

What's the name of Wiz film-team? I looked up TAylor Gang films and nothing came back.

Do these people have names like SpiffFilms, Dre-Films, Jon-J & Shutah-Films?


The MMG crew is all minority film-makers that handle all the Videos, & Vlogs Hi-Def even got a Red-camera.


Curren$y isn't anywhere near mainstream and his nobody is recognizing his visual game and the quality of his videos.
 05-02-2012, 03:03 PM         #308
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
the interview jeezy did also with Elliott Wilson was good, and the doc. Labels gotta be more creative, and make the sure the public knows what is up, they cant have a Jeezy or Ross throw up a duck, not a good look for the artist or the label.



Well, this is it, Im not saying GFID will go plat, even though I think it will, this is the one that is gonna make or break Ross. If he doesnt go plat, I think its a bad look, and the people will turn on him.

But if things go like they plan, I think Ross could take a Jay Z ascent, to a lesser extent because Ross cant land someone like Beyonce, then again, I didnt think Jay could either.
True indeed, true indeed. I personally think this might be the closest he gets to platinum, and/or the time he actually grabs a plaque. Its definitely going to be his highest debut and if he continues the marketing campaign he can see a successful return on the numbers. My only thing is with him releasing the other albums around him, he shouldnt clutter the lane hes in. He hasnt really had a 'break' from radio or the Hot 100 since the release of his last LP/BMF so the fans might tire of him like they sometimes do. What this literally means is everything we've seen in the past 2 years will be magnified ten fold, we have to wonder will it work, or will the crowd lose interest from to much Ross?
 05-02-2012, 03:07 PM         #309
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
the interview jeezy did also with Elliott Wilson was good, and the doc. Labels gotta be more creative, and make the sure the public knows what is up, they cant have a Jeezy or Ross throw up a duck, not a good look for the artist or the label.



Well, this is it, Im not saying GFID will go plat, even though I think it will, this is the one that is gonna make or break Ross. If he doesnt go plat, I think its a bad look, and the people will turn on him.

But if things go like they plan, I think Ross could take a Jay Z ascent, to a lesser extent because Ross cant land someone like Beyonce, then again, I didnt think Jay could either.

That's the dumbest sh*t I ever heard in my life.

Do you really think the average person cares about platinum?

Only blog geeks care about sales, us normal people care about the quality of the music and we ain't gonna turn on some artist because they don't sell a million copies of an album.


The Roots is one of my favorite groups and I have all 11 of their albums and they have never gone platinum, I have all 3 of Rakims albums and none of them went platinum either but I still think Rakims is a GOAT.


Let me ask you a question; why do you think record-sales are so important to some people?
 6 years ago '11        #310
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
 drumgangP said:
True indeed, true indeed. I personally think this might be the closest he gets to platinum, and/or the time he actually grabs a plaque. Its definitely going to be his highest debut and if he continues the marketing campaign he can see a successful return on the numbers. My only thing is with him releasing the other albums around him, he shouldnt clutter the lane hes in. He hasnt really had a 'break' from radio or the Hot 100 since the release of his last LP/BMF so the fans might tire of him like they sometimes do. What this literally means is everything we've seen in the past 2 years will be magnified ten fold, we have to wonder will it work, or will the crowd lose interest from to much Ross?
This is true. But if Ross doesn't go platinum then everything he's been doing the past 2 years is a failure to me. He announced the album release date, but didnt mention a single.
 05-02-2012, 03:09 PM         #311
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
that video looked raggedy and low budget...come to MMG

What's the name of Wiz film-team? I looked up TAylor Gang films and nothing came back.

Do these people have names like SpiffFilms, Dre-Films, Jon-J & Shutah-Films?


The MMG crew is all minority film-makers that handle all the Videos, & Vlogs Hi-Def even got a Red-camera.


Curren$y isn't anywhere near mainstream and his nobody is recognizing his visual game and the quality of his videos.
Heres one of those Wiz films now, 6 million views by the way


[video - click to view]


if you wanna know who Bill Paladino is. You dont have to look far. "TGOD Filmmaker" Been touring with them for years documenting everything

And those are vlogs that average a million+ every time 1 of em are dropped, for years upon years on end now. I could care less about the race comment about them being 'minorities', seeing as how that isnt whats being discussed here, visibility and the use of social media to spread awareness for a brand was.


Currensy's work with Creative Control and the other indie film users he has regular working relationships are largely responsible for quite a few underground artists getting national exposure believe it or not.

I mean this video introduced alot of people across the country to a certain rapper Ross snatched up remember?


[video - click to view]

 6 years ago '12        #312
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,194 | Props total: 11489 11489
 drumgangP said:
True indeed, true indeed. I personally think this might be the closest he gets to platinum, and/or the time he actually grabs a plaque. Its definitely going to be his highest debut and if he continues the marketing campaign he can see a successful return on the numbers. My only thing is with him releasing the other albums around him, he shouldnt clutter the lane hes in. He hasnt really had a 'break' from radio or the Hot 100 since the release of his last LP/BMF so the fans might tire of him like they sometimes do. What this literally means is everything we've seen in the past 2 years will be magnified ten fold, we have to wonder will it work, or will the crowd lose interest from to much Ross?

Dude is definitely playin with fire, I would have thought there would be some backlash already, but it hasnt happened yet.

Cant over saturate the market, he needs to chill after this one.
 6 years ago '07        #313
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,632 | Props total: 2475 2475
damn Ross has way to many throw away artists on mmg I didn't even know that until I seen the whole roster that someone posted on the 1st page . When are they going to release the music video for flexin on em?
 6 years ago '12        #314
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,194 | Props total: 11489 11489
 Graftedgenes said:
That's the dumbest sh*t I ever heard in my life.

Do you really think the average person cares about platinum?

Only blog geeks care about sales, us normal people care about the quality of the music and we ain't gonna turn on some artist because they don't sell a million copies of an album.


The Roots is one of my favorite groups and I have all 11 of their albums and they have never gone platinum, I have all 3 of Rakims albums and none of them went platinum either but I still think Rakims is a GOAT.


Let me ask you a question; why do you think record-sales are so important to some people?
its perception though, and then perception becomes reality. I think it will come off looking bad if he doesnt go plat, which I think he will.

And I dont care about sales myself, I like the dudes music. And realistically, sales are not changing Ross's money. Whether he is getting plat or not, his $$$ does not look to be affected in a bad way by anything.
 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM         #315
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
Dude is definitely playin with fire, I would have thought there would be some backlash already, but it hasnt happened yet.

Cant over saturate the market, he needs to chill after this one.
Well it can backfire, or it can propel him further. If you remember back when Jay Z had the blueprints+best of both worlds 1/2 with R Kelly/His Unplugged album and all that in such a short span....people though he was going to fall off or burn out, and while he did suffer SOME backlash, he did push further and the end result was the Jay Z we have today.


Not saying Ross can do that, but hey, who knows?
 6 years ago '04        #316
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
 44wade said:
the interview jeezy did also with Elliott Wilson was good, and the doc. Labels gotta be more creative, and make the sure the public knows what is up, they cant have a Jeezy or Ross throw up a duck, not a good look for the artist or the label.



Well, this is it, Im not saying GFID will go plat, even though I think it will, this is the one that is gonna make or break Ross. If he doesnt go plat, I think its a bad look, and the people will turn on him.

But if things go like they plan, I think Ross could take a Jay Z ascent, to a lesser extent because Ross cant land someone like Beyonce, then again, I didnt think Jay could either.
Ross' ego will be out of control if he gets the honor of hanging a platinum plaque on his wall in this day and age

an accomplishment indeed. but ross doesnt have the crossover appeal that wayne and jay & ye has so i dont think it will happen.

if he's smart he'll continue doing exactly what he has been doing these past couple of years and ride with it for now. If aint broke dont fix it
 6 years ago '08        #317
The N 469 heat pts469
space
avatar space
space
$45,592 | Props total: 17262 17262
all this sh*t for nothing, MMG ain't sh*t in Hip Hop Business, they are no where near even murder INC

yet want to act like they are G-UNIT or NO LIMIT?, get the fu*k out of here

all this talk about self made when they are an affiliated label, lets say these fools where never down

with Diddy/Camel, etc? who the fu*k would give a damn about these dudes?


This is is the foolery they are selling
Lyor Cohen Speaks On Ross "He has the biggest office in the world, The Streets"

STREETS DON'T LIKE POLICE, stop that sh*t Lyor you to smart to say that sh*t
 05-02-2012, 03:17 PM         #318
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 23codez said:
Records sales might not matter to his loyal fans, but they sure as hell matter to him. Has he personally told me this? No, but is it clear as day that he does? Yes. If his millions of dollars are randomly brought up in interviews, then he is most definitely a numbers man.
Sales most definitely matter. Hes a CEO with a roster, the notion that sales doesnt matter is as ignorant as it gets.

Wale himself even brought up the need to go gold.

Interesting though....Wales already diverting attention to his next album when he still has singles performing well....if you read what I said in Grafteds other thread it should be making sense to you now. Why is he moving to talking about his next project when he still can push his current disc further with proper promotion? He still has multiple songs on that disc that'd make GREAT singles.

sh*ts disgusting.
 6 years ago '08        #319
The N 469 heat pts469
space
avatar space
space
$45,592 | Props total: 17262 17262
 23codez said:
Records sales might not matter to his loyal fans, but they sure as hell matter to him. Has he personally told me this? No, but is it clear as day that he does? Yes. If his millions of dollars are randomly brought up in interviews, then he is most definitely a numbers man.
That fool has had more then a handful of albums from a major label and HE STILL AIN'T SELL sh*t, you're in this business to fu*king make a label money not to be hovering around nearly selling sh*t. HE HAS YET TO SELL MORE THEN 200K FIRST WEEK in his entire career of albums, YAYO HAS GONE PLATINUM, this guy hasn't done that even with JAY Z,KANYE, etc ON HIS ALBUMS!

He is fu*king GUSTO man, even worst HE IS TRYING TO BE WHAT BIGGIE WAS GOING TO BE
IF WE WAS NEVER k!llED, this whole drug lord don sh*t was probably going to be used as Biggie's next persona, WHY YOU THINK DIDDY IS CONNECTED TO THIS FAT fu*k so well?
this was a vision he could of done with Biggie to.


[pic - click to view]


[pic - click to view]



Last edited by The N; 05-02-2012 at 03:27 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #320
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
 The N said:
That fool has had more then a handful of albums from a major label and HE STILL AIN'T SELL sh*t, you're in this business to fu*king make a label money not to be hovering around nearly selling sh*t. HE HAS YET TO SELL MORE THEN 200K in his entire career of albums, YAYO HAS GONE PLATINUM, this guy hasn't done that even with JAY Z,KANYE, etc ON HIS ALBUMS!

He is fu*king GUSTO man, even worst HE IS TRYING TO BE WHAT BIGGIE WAS GOING TO BE
IF WE WAS NEVER k!llED, this whole drug lord don sh*t was probably going to be used as Biggie's next persona, WHY YOU THINK DIDDY IS CONNECTED TO THIS FAT fu*k so well?
this was a vision he could of done with Biggie to.

YAYO???
so think ross would not have went platinum during that time period

the pre-download era

cut it out
sometimes u say dumb sh*t when talking about artist that u dont like
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 42
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 39
vida guerra
82 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
114 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Chevy has once again fu-ked up the Camaro.. Is it time to discontinue ..
32 comments
19 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
185 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
53 comments
19 hours ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy